Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #3

Your symptoms are what I felt when I got my pap smear done around the time I was Oing BW. Sending you all my love, its totally C#$%! The intense pain of not being able to stand up is awful.

YAHH for the retail therapy BG. I love our dvd recorder , even if Ive only worked out how to do some things after so long.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

BW,

my levels always started out on the low side, but would start rising very very quickly towards cd 11 or 12. Do not give up hope and do not beat yourself up. You are aiming for around 6-10 eggs, so you're not doing too badly.

If you recall, Willow's levels started out low too. Didn't stop her from having a great result at the end of it though!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know BW - On my first 2 cycles my levels were really low and it took forever for me to respond properly, but my moods, pain,etc were unbelievably bad.
    I was thinking the same as you are now - OMG if I am this bad now with minimal response, how bad will I be with good response? - My next 2 cycles afterward were crazy as far as the dosage increases in drugs, but amazingly enough my side effects were nothing really at all....(DH said the first 2 cycles he was ready to start digging a hole in the back yard to bury me in (!!!) but in the last 2 cycles I was more than tolerable...!!!!! Lucky he tells me how much he loves me all the time

The drugs do crazy things to us & make you start doubting everything... just remember how positive you were going into this (before the drugs started talking crazy thoughts to you ) and stay fixed on that (no matter how hard it is) - Don't let the drugs talk too loudly xxx

Holly
    xxx

Thankyou, sushee and Holly.

Right now I'm numb. Massive vent earlier, which got the tears flowing freely. I've been holding back lately, but this time it all came out. Funnily enough, I think it was the first time I've ever cried at being unable to have a baby, at having to go through all the injections and drugs to even have a chance at it. Half an hour later, my shirt was soaked, my pillow was soaked and I have a throbbing headache. And I'm numb. I don't think there's any more emotion left inside me at the moment. Hopefully this is that calm place I need to find before I can find my way back to being *me*. Do I make any sense here at all?

Debating going to work tomorrow or not. Physically, there's nothing wrong with me. But mentally and emotionally, I'm completely exhausted. Perhaps another day resting, the weekend, and then back to work. One week and a little bit more, and then holidays.

For all my worries of missing work to recover from EPU - doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. Disappointing in a way. I was looking forward to the time off from worm without feeling guilty.

BW

Hi all-
    BW, sorry the BT levels weren't what you were expecting. But you will get there. I think sometimes everything just builds up and up and you need to have a good cry to tide you through for a while. And your body is going through a lot atm, so go easy on yourself. It sounds to me like a day off would do you good. Everyone needs the occaisional mental health day!

As for me, sorry I haven't been on earlier, but I've been at my mum's all day. I had the scan and have about 20 follies but only 2 that are of a decent size atm. One 10mm and one 14mm. So they've lowere my gonalf from 187.5IU to 150IU to prevent hyper stim and I have another scan on Monday. Hopefully EPU will be Wed or Fri. So a pretty good result.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

BW - I can TOTALLY sympathise. It is so hard to not get your hopes up that everything will happen as we imagine it should / will. I thought my body may have even been over responding in before my 1st scan..not so. That was 3 scans ago. Our bodies are doing their best, it'll work out. Have the day off and stay under the doona if you need to. I have been!

Carrie - good to see that everything went ok today. Great news that you have a possible OPU date..fingers crossed and take it easy

Day 15 of injections today...feel a bit sorry for myself...just want some change! I think I left my mind in last week! Not very optimistic about my scan, can't afford to have high expectations. We'll see in the morning

Just had my first 300IU injection of puregon - ouchie! I hope I don't have to go any higher than this, I'm not sure I could cope with trying to squeeze even more stuff under my skin. What really has me worried is the jump from 150 to 300. Is it normal to double the dose? It just seems like an absolutely huge increase (and felt like it when I was injecting!)... It's somewhat comforting to know that others have felt the same way, although I do feel very, very alone right now. With each set back, with each blood test that doesn't go right, it feels like my dream drifts further and further away.

I'm going to have to seek out more painkillers - head is pounding again. While the emotional release of all those tears was very much needed, I could do without the after effects! Looking more and more likely that I'll be off work again tomorrow.

BW

Smudge - I've emailed you.
    BW- Wow 300IU it does seem like a big jump. But rest assured, they know what they are doing and hopefully it will give your levels a kick in the butt for Mondays BT. Sorry that you are feeling alone atm please remember that we are all here for you :hugs:

hi ladies

Carrie - sounds like things are going along pretty well for you - good luck with your scan on Monday

Smudge - fingers and toes crossed for your scan tomorrow - really hoping it all goes well in the morning

BW - have posted in your TTC journal. just want you to know that i'm thinking of you, and really hope you're feeling a little better emotionally after this afternoon (headache not withstanding!) - we're all here for you hun
    to everyone else - a really big hi - only one more day til the weekend!!

as for me - well, retail therapy was more fruitful than i expected - DH decided i'd suffered enough the last couple of weeks, so took me for a bit of a splurge. he apologised for not getting me anything straight after m surgery, the went and bought me a new wall sconce for candles in the dining room, and some new clothes and things - as well as the sound syste and dvd recorder (his reckoning is that these were for us, not me, so i had to get something special)! he's so sweet sometimes!!

Hi there BG - Sounds like you had a great day and got the spoiling you deserve. Your DH sounds like a real sweetie.
    Hows the syneral going? Any side effects?
    Btw - What a lovely thing that you did for your friend re: loaning the baby stuff.

howdy girls, you have been busy over the last day!!!
    EJE... CONGRATS on your BFP!!!! Well done girl. Wishing you a speedy 8 weeks too. Hang on tight!!!!
    BG... yay on starting synarel! I had my first 2 doses today and although it has been 6 or so years since last time, the taste was familiar straight away...mmm yummy. NOT! Hope you recovers quick from surgery so you dont feel too yuck with the drugs. And yay on your sweet DH. He sounds like a real softie. Cute wanting to get something just for you.
    Twomums... hang in there, not much longer now. Wishing you all the best.
    Smudge... I was reading a few pages back... you make me smile!
    Holly...glad you survived with your DS all the emotional hassles of the weekend. You sound like a really caring MUM. Keep your chin up.
    ... hope everyone is doing ok. Hugs to all.
    Sazz

I'm taking another day off work because I woke up and last night's headache is still hanging around.

I started charting again just recently because my acupuncturist asked me to. This morning's temp isn't exactly reliable as I had a shocking night's sleep, but it's way high compared to what I've had recently, and usually when I take painkillers at night, they drop my temperature the next morning. I've got a bad feeling about this! Ovary pain and a temperature rise... oh bugger! Just what I need!

My chart is here if you want to take a look. I know I need a few more days before I can confirm or rule out ovulation... but it would be just my luck for it to have happened! Seems to fit with the general theme of things.

BW

BW - you really are in the wars aren't you? don't jump to conclusions though hun. as we've all said, your body might just be giving you grief cos of the hormones flooding through you at the moment - it's not something you're really used to. here's hoping the temp rise is just a result of your bad nights sleep and the headache you have at the moment.

Sazz - definitely looks like we're going to be cycle buddies for at least part of this journey - i'm doing IUI not IVF - when do you have your first BT? mine is the 4th...

Carrie - so far so good - no synarel side effects. am really tired at the moment, but i'm thinking this is more related to having a big afternoon of retail therapy yesterday, then getting conned into going to a friends place on the way home so DH could have a couple of drinks... all a bit too much at the moment i think! spending a nice quiet day relaxing at home and connecting all my new gadgets up! as for the loaning the friend some baby stuff - it just felt like the right thing to do - and i tend to go with my gut instinct on most things! and yes, my DH is very sweet - he looks like a big ogre of a man but is such a gentle giant!!

BW, trust me temping while undergoing IVF will do your head in. Your hormone levels are trying to get up to 10 times their normal levels, and your charts are going to be all over the place as a result.

i checked my old notes last night and at cd8 I usually was registering levels of around 900. Yet aside from one cycle, where my levels were closer to 300 at cd8, I never got cancelled.

They won't have a clear idea of what's going on until they do a scan, so please do not panic until that's done.

Just wondering - how come the majority of people seem to be on puregon rather than GonalF. Are these effectivly the same?

Carrie,

the apparently the same thing, just different brands. I do know people who have responded better to one than the other, though.

Looking back over some of the things I've posted in the last few days - I hate me when I'm stressed!

I'm feeling so much better now that I'm taking a day to do nothing and relax. And thinking that I had no acupuncture appointment this week hasn't been helping the stress levels at all. But, I just got a call, and I have one tonight at 6pm! It's so much later than I would like, but with the state I'm in, I know I need it.

So... look forward to a calmer BW appearing soon! I know my wrists are going to hurt with the calm-me-down spots, but I know I need it. And maybe the later time will give me better traffic - one can only hope!

BW

woo hoo - she's baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

good news on getting the acupuncture appointment BW!

and don't hate yourself for what you've been through the last few days - hate is a wasted emotion - just see it as another pot hole on the road your travelling...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast