Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #3

ok, perhaps hate is too strong a word... more, I'm embarassed to be me...

Just knowing I've got that appointment to talk things through this evening has helped hugely. DH is supposed to be picking up puregon for me today (you go through 900IU vials damn quick when you take 300IU at a time!), I've asked him to find out how to go about getting hold of one of the clinic counsellors while he's there. I really can't go on not coping like this. Hopefully we can get on top of things before it gets any worse.

BW

Well I officially got a on my first IVF/ICSI cycle! dont know how to feel really! Exhausted is one word and very confused! Dont know where to go to from here????

I have 1 embie on the freeze and nurse said that I can either take the chance next month with the one in the hope that it will defrost well or wait another 6 weeks and do another Full cycle! Im sick of wasting time! Im turning 35 this month and Im really not coping with it at all! I told the nurse this and they keep telling me im young! Bull s*%^t (sorry for the swearing) 35 seems to be this big cutoff age in terms of fertility and Im paranoid about it!

I had 2 good embies put in- why didnt it work!

Any suggestions on frozen embie vs full cycle?

God Im depressed!

Plus, when do you ever get to talk to the dr- why do i have to have the nurse discuss future directions with me! I feel like giving up because im too old!

:hugs: Kim. I get what you mean about always talking to the nurses and never the doctor. It's just awful! I know nothing I can say will make you feel better about the BFN, but I did want to let you know that I can sympathise with some of what you are feeling.

BW

BW, have posted in your journal thread, but Sush is right, the exact same thing happened on my cycle and you know how that ended!

Just hold out a few more days and you could see a dramatic improvement!!

Kim, Im so sorry to hear about your BFN. Big

Hey Butterfly - over here!! C'mon darl, you can do this! It's not all over, you must hang in there mate. Look how far you have come!
    Glad you took some time out, I really don't know how I would have juggled work with this either, so try be kind to yourself.
    The counsellor is a great idea, sometimes they can give you a different perspective and do wonders. Maybe talk to DH and perhaps hire a few DVD's and you can snug up on the couch over the weekend to try and take your mind off everything, even if it is just temporarily.

Kim - I am so sorry to learn that this cycle did not work out. I can't imagine how this must feel for you and your DH. I wish there was something that I could say to help the pain. You're not too old!! Hang in there and remember that we are here for you to vent or what ever you feel like.

Willow - good to see you still stalking around here. Hopefully some more LTers might be graduating soon too.
    Is it just me or are there soooo many people in the LT forum at the mo.
    Kim - sorry about the BFN.
    BW - hope you feel a bit better after the acupuncture appointment tonight. Buy some hot cross buns while they are still in the shops and put them in the freezer - i find they freeze and thaw just fine. I used to work in a supermarket and i'd buy up large and eat them all through the year
    I have a question about Synarel but i might ask it later, as i'm really hot today and the laptop is like a heater.
    TGIF and have a good weekend all.

Kim - I'm really sorry about the BFN. I don't know much about FETs vs full cycle. It's really hard to know what to do, but I suppose it depends on a number of factors such as your money situation, maybe what grade the egg was.
    Hope someone else can be more helpful. :hugs: to you.

BW- glad you're feeling slightly better after your day of rest, and hope the accupuncture appointment helps too. Plus, we all understand the stress of IVF and how it can effect you, so don't feel bad about venting. It's what we are here for!

ETA: Thanks for that sushee and for Smudge's email address!

Oooh Oooh - all tied up I forgot my own news! I'm pleased to say all hope was not dashed as I'd convinced DH and myself...
    There is a follie frenzy in our household!!! And it could not have come soon enough..seems we have 11 over both ovaries 13-18mm. OPU Tuesday. How quickly things can change.

Now we must nurture these little beauties through those awkward teenage numbers and hopefully give the eggies the key to the door Tues morning!

We've decided to bask in this until Sunday's trigger, then strap ourselves in (space mountain style) shut our eyes and see where we end up!

I'm even looking forward to my injection tonight!
    Last edited by Smudge; March 23rd, 2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo

Fantastic Smudge!! Wow, are all the 11 follies between 13-18? Yay for OPU next week, how exciting!

yay smudge - good news hun!!! good luck for epu on monday

Kim - sorry this cycle didn't work - i can't really offer much advice on stim v FET cycle sorry - hope you're able to work it out ok

BW - hope you're feeling better after your acupuncture session tonight - and good luck in getting to talk to a counseller - hopefully it will help you heaps

Good one Smudge - great news.
    It has started to rain here - also good news. Lets hope we get a better nights sleep tonight.

rain?? bring it on - here's hopingit doesn't bypass us like it did last night!!

oops, hit submit twice!!! not happy - my computer is misbhaving big time today!

Yes - opened the house up now and it is beautiful and cool..better than 37! BG, yes bring on the rain, the farmers and all those beautiful animals need the rain!

Puregon 225iu (day16) Endo lining = 10mm
    Right O: 18,16,15,14,13,13
    Left O: 17,16,15,13,13

We're trying to keep a level head this time not setting 'any' expectations..we just want one top grade embryo to start our family!!

just had a quick squiz outside - there's a few clouds building now - will be our luck that it will pass us by like last night!! was a beautiful night sitting outside with friends, but the rain would have been so much better!!

Thats a great result Smudge...fantastic lining measurement with ta few days still to go as well.

So sorry it didnt work out for you this month Kim. It would be hard to decide on fresh versus frozen, as for us we had no choice as we can't afford another full PGD cycle at the moment (being $3000 extra on a normal cycle...yikes!!). I am not sure on the rpos and cons but just wanted to send huge hugs at this time.

EJE...WOOHOO for you girl....how cool is that!!!!!!! you go little precious PGD bubba...stick like superglue!!!

Hugs and wishes to everyone else stimming, sniffin and waiting.

We are just plodding along at the moment....started the progynova tablets yesterday, not sure if the headache I have is related or I just need my neck cracked!! So am hedging my bets and have appointments at the naturopath chiropractor and acupuncture next week. oh and a session with my cosmetologist so all bases plus are covered!!! I tell you who has time to hold down a full time job when you are trying to conceive!!

BW you sound a bit more upbeat today....please don't feel embarrased about sharing your thoughts with us.....I personally think you are one brave women and am in awe of that courage and openess...I find it hard to open up like that and probably co do with doing it a tad more often...so vent away honey thats what we are all here for.

BW - BIG hugs from me :hugs: Hope your accupuncture went well tonight

Kim - Sorry about the BFN..

Big hello to everyone else.

I made an appointment with a GP to get a new referral since ours is about 2.5 years old and wasn't used! Appointment is April 2. I haven't seen this GP before, but have heard she is nice. So I guess we just wait and see what she says and if she will want me to have another u/s before she gives me a referral.

Nic

You have no idea how much I appreciate being accepted for the warts-and-all BW that I am! Just experiencing some internet drama in other circles at the moment, and I really appreciate the freedom I have to vent and yell and scream and cry, and to be able to do all of that and make a fool of myself and not be judged. Thank you - to all of you.

Acupuncture went well, and I can feel the real me slowly creeping back in. The theory my acupuncturist has is that the pain I had yesterday may have been a cyst bursting. It sort of fits with the blob on the left ovary after the synarel, the trigger shot failing to work and now the excruciating pain with my left ovary yesterday. It may be one of those things that we'll never figure out exactly what it was, but she's confident it's not going to be a problem. I also discovered EWCM this afternoon, and my ovaries are sooo tender when she pressed on them, so we're also pretty confident that I'm responding to the higher dose of puregon. It seems to be a very rapid turn around from nothing to this - looks like I could have good results on Monday! I'll just be praying very hard that things continue to go well over the weekend. The whole councellor thing looks to be a bit of a bust - only available on Fridays, and only in the middle of the day, so I'd have to take a whole day off work to be able to go. I think I'll stick with talking things through with my acupuncturist, and getting the bonus of the treatments at the same time. For now, I'll see how I go, but clinic councellors aren't really an option until we get to school holidays.

Nic, exciting news on the appointment there! April 2 will come sooner than we think.

Mel, I hope all those appointments work wonders for you. This could be a really stupid question, but what is a cosmetologist? It's probably something really obvious, but my brain can't figure it out right now.

BG, I hope you get some rain. I was thinking it was hot and icky here, but we're only hitting low 30s, that 37 sounds revolting! From the forecast here, tomorrow is the last of the heat and we've got low 20s forecast from Sunday onwards... will be nice to finally get some cool snuggling weather again.

Smudge, awesome numbers there! Can you get your ovaries to lecture mine and tell them how it's done? Good luck with the trigger on Sunday - you may want an ice pack handy, as it does sting a bit compared to the other injections. Will be praying hard for great results on Tuesday as well.

I'm yawning my little head off here! I think I'm going to have to call it a night and fall into bed... but I've still got two injections and 5 tablets to take.

Good night all. Sorry to those I missed, too tired for more.

BW

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast