Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007 #3

I agree that this group has lots of people here, I guess just reflective of how many people do need some extra help to fall pregnant.

Glad that your feeling better now BW!

I hope that your GP is lovely Nic and that things start moving with some answers for you.

Ive now Oed according to FF! YAHH. The metformin hasnt changed my cycle length in anyway. I Oed around the time I normally would, I just hope that its improved my eggies (the ewcm was massive this time) to find just one of those good sperm. The natural miracle hope is still there. We have managed to Bd on O day and day after. I finally feel that I am doing something! even if it is just the dreaded waiting now.

Hope the rain has reached all you girls and the gardens. I better go start cleaning up. Have a wonderful weekend

Summer, the extra EWCM sounds like a good sign. The other thing I noticed was that your temperature rise has been stronger and faster than it has been in other cycles. Looks like the metformin isn't changing cycle length for you, but does appear to be making you ovulate better. Let's just hope DH's boys can get their act together and you can stop worrying about the IVF thing.

Had a HUGE sleep in this morning and feel so much better than I have in ages. Finally relented and let DH BD his brains out last night, but I found I was too sore to enjoy it much at all. Do others find this during IVF cycles?

BW

BG- Did you get the rain last night? We did here and it’s a nice cool day today for a change! Yay.
    Mel- Hope the Chiro and acupuncture help. I also have no idea what a cosmetologist does?....makeup? ..hehe. Hope the headaches get better, I’ve been getting huge headaches lately and it can be quite debilitating I know.
    Nic- Good luck for your appointment on the 2nd!
    BW- glad you’re feeling a bit better.
    Summer- fingers crossed for this cycle, hopefully there will be no IVF for you!

we got lots of rain last night - woke up a number of times during the night and it was raining each time - even dreamt of being caught in a flash flood!! still cool and raining off and on now! woo hoo - the gardens are loving it!! i'm so happy that roses are so hardy - they'll take almost anything

have a fairly ordinary headache at the moment, so no personals - am just kicking back on the couch hoping the pain killers get it under control soon - supposed to be going to a trivia night tonight, and have been looking forward to it - don't want a headache to keep me from going!

Alex Guest

Hi everyone,

Really hot day today in Sydney, the best place to be is either in the water or in the air-con! Back at home after rushing around this morning, off out again soon so no time - again, to read through the thread.

Going to see FS on Monday to see what the next stage is, he mentioned doing blasts and an antagonist protocol next time. Has anyone done this? I'm going to hold off starting for another 2 months to kick start my body with the acupuncture. I've started charting again, and so far, everything looks normal, but it's only day 9, so no sign of the rising, or falling temp yet. When I did charting before it was touch and go whether I acutally ovulate or not, and if so, then really late, like day 23. Which, according to the TCM book I'm reading is not a good sign.

My personal trainer wants me to eat really healthily for 3 weeks, no bread, rice or heavy carbs, lots of fish and steamed veges etc. Low GI I guess, which is what my endochrinolgist said I am supposed to do anyway. So, I am keeping a food diary - and today I have already done really badly! An easyway drink and salmon teriyaki for lunch. why is it that when you are not supposed to eat certain foods, you really want them??? Crazy!

I bought a nike + thing for my ipod to encourage me to walk 5 times a week. I walked on Thursday, set it for 60 mins and walked 5.95km. I think that's respectable! I like gadgets so anything like this is going to make me get out of the house and use it!

Did everyone in NSW remember to vote today?!

Big hugs to everyone.

hi alex - good luck with FS appointment on Monday - hopefully you'll be able to get a plan of attack worked out for the next few months.

Hi girls

Hope you are all well... Kim is now 12 dpo CD 25, we're getting nervous now... she doesnt think she is pregnant. Last few nights she had some nausea, but now she seems to be coming down with the flu, might be why she has gone to bed by 7.30 the last two nights... we actually took a HPT on day 10..stupid i know... it was a BFN... hopefully it was just too early...

Take good care everyone!

Hi all,
    BG- Glad to hear you got some rain. Hope the headache has gotten under control.
    Alex- Goodluck at your appointment on Monday. You sound like you are doing all the right things to give you the best chance possible!!
    Megan- I really hope you get a positive result, the tww is a nerveracking time - hang in there.

We just got back from having Dinner and Mums and I am sooooo full. I was full by the end of dinner but then had to squeeze in her yummy dessert - rasberry cake with icecream and a rasberry coulis.....oh it was so good but I'm paying for it now!!

Hey girls

Well looks like i spoke too soon, we did another HPT this morning and got a BFP!!! At first it was only feint, but as the minutes went by it got darker. The second line isnt as dark as the first line but there is definately a line, from one arms length you can see it, you could even see it at two arms lengths!!! I posted a pic on my blog.

Was so excited i rang our Doc at home and said "You're in big trouble mister" and he said "oh why?" and i said "coz i'm pretty sure you got my girlfriend pregnant!!"

He was very pleased and told us to go in for a beta test tomorrow... he said the HPT are pretty reliable and seen as how she had a negative 2 days ago and then a positive today, it isn't likely to be a false positive either!!! Then he said "We'll do a scan in about 3 weeks time to do a head count!!!" We had 2 to 3 follicles so who knows!!!

Lets just hope this little monkey sticks around!!!

Megan - this is such awesome awesome news!! Congrats to you and Kim honey!

Yay Megan, Congratulations!!! How exciting for you and Kim!

Kimb- I was just having a loom on the MIVF website and they have some good info on FET and success rates. Go into MIVF wesite, then overview, then success rates then 'seeing the accumulated benefit for fresh + thaw. Apparently at MIVF around 50% of their pregnancies are from FETs.

Alex- There is also some good infor on blast transfer on MIVF wesite

BG- Hi there - how are you going today?
    Last edited by Carrie; March 25th, 2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added comment for Alex

Congratulations Megan & to Kim too.

Wow! so many BFP. Its fantastic as so much of what I have read has been so negative lately about the success rates.

Alex Guest

Hi all,

Well, after feeling so positive that we're on the right track, my bloody MIL went and asked, completely out of the blue today, "have you talked about adoption?", we said that we had (which we have, but don't want to go down that route at this stage), and she said the typical old line that people who haven't got a clue what they're talking about say, "you know, you'll probably find that when you adopt, you'll get pregnant". Well, I held my tongue, but just said that there's plenty of people who you don't hear about who do not get pg after adopting. There's just no point in telling her what is going on as she doesn't understand, at all! My DH said that we're not at that stage yet where we want to consider adoption, and she said that she's worried about DH's age!

Nevermind, our health, our state of mind, our emotional state, my age (31), DH is only 37 for god's sake! Not ready to be put out for pasture yet. And if his mother wasn't so interfering, he'd be a whole lot less stressed too.

Anyway, I put it down to ignorance and lack of understanding, rather than being unsupportive.

Sorry for the rant.

Sorry to hear that the MIL is living up to the bad rep that they all come with Alex. Its stressful enough without comments like this. Its not like you go and pick them out from a shop or something when adopting a child. Adoption is a long slow process with so many things to consider as well.

Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS to Megan & Kim on the BFP!!!!!
    How fantastic, that is just wonderful news!!!
    Hopefully this thread will become infectious soon and more of us will be joining you guys!!!!

Kim B - Just wanted to send you hugs, and I know there is just nothing that can make you feel better at the moment.
    Do whatever you need to to get through this & find the courage to get started on the frozen embie waiting for you.. sending lots of wonderful thoughts your way xxx

Alex - Don't you just love the family members that are ignorant enough to think they know enough to have a valid opinion????!!!!
    We spent last weekend visiting DH's family (Both his sister and his brothers wife are pg with their second - and final baby) - they had a discussion with us in the room about how they would swap baby things (One has a girl expecting a boy, and one has a boy expecting a girl) - But then after that they would be happy enough to give everything away to charity... my SIL even said "Well, its not like theres anyone left in the family to pass it down to - we're both finished after these ones are born".... I'm sorry, I was in the room, but I must be invisible???!!!!! (Not that I want the hand me downs anyway, but its just not the point!)
    The hardest thing is when they just don't understand - I think DH's family sees this whole IVF procedure as a bit of a long shot - but realistically its not going to happen for us.
    DH was angry on the drive home, as he can't think of the last time any member of his family asked us where we were at as far as the next step of TTC.....
    Thank God for the ladies here on BB... without them, we would be starting to think there was noone out there who understands

Hi to everyone else - Not much happening here atm - still trying to save $$$ for our next cycle, but giving the natural cycle one or two more goes first... ah I hate the waiting!!!

Talk Soon,
    Holly
    xxx

HI girls

Alex - i'm sorry your IL's are giving you and DH grief atm. it's amazing the number of people who think they know more than you do in regard to the TTC journey, isn't it? you've given AC a go for a little while, time to move on - adopt a baby, obviously it's easy - and just by adopting, you'll end up pregnant straight away cos that's the way things happen... i've had the same sort of comments from a friend "as soon as you go through the process to adopt, you'd probably find out you're pregnant anyway" - she'd caught me on a bad day, so i turned around and asked "what, does signing the paperwork to adopt a baby miraculously take away my fertility problems?" - maybe not the nicest thing to do, but that way of thinking isn't helpful and i wanted her to know it - being able to adopt is a really special thing for some people - and shouldn't be looked at as a means of changing your priorities so that you can end up with a biological child of your own!

Holly - sounds like it's just been the week for in-laws to be hurtful. how inconsiderate! is it really that difficult to ask you if you'd like anything kept? it's easy enough for you to say "no thanks" if you don't want the hand-me-downs or if you'd prefer that they be given to charity so that you don't have the reminder of your journey all the time - but that isn't a decision they should be making for you (and if they did decide to just give the clothes to charity to prevent an uncomfy conversation with you - discuss it when you're not in the room!!) . i understand why you are hurt - and i understand your DH's anger at his rellies - it's not like you've taken the decision to undertake AC lightly - this is a really big decision, and it's obviously important to both of you - how difficult is it to show a little bit of interest, to let him know they care?!?

as for me - i really don't know how i'm feeling today - i guess "flat" is as good a way as any to describe it. had a massage this morning, which was really nice, but still feeling ordinary. i guess i forgot some of the stuff from last time i was on the synarel. getting weird little pains around my ovaries, which i'm sure is related to the down regulation of hormones and triggering AF, but i forgot it from last cycle, and now i'm finding it more than mildly annoying. ahve had a really nice massage, and want to be able to relax, and instead, my stomach is giving me grief! how rude!! it's nothing major, but i'm feeling really sookie today, which is annoying me too! got an email this morning from a cousin i haven't heard from in a little while and when i was replying, telling her about where we're at with the AC journey tears started spilling down my cheeks - and i've been like that off and on all afternoon. it's not like me to cry (unless i'm in a lot of pain, or have had a really bad day and am wrapped up in DH's arms at bed time) and i think it's annoying me that i'm feeling so emotional today - and the more annoyed i get,the more emotional i get - really bad cycle!! i guess that kinda explains my personals as well - i really feel strongly about bothe things that were said, and probably haven't minded my p's and q's as much as i normally would - i guess you could probaly label it synarel induced PMS - but i wouldn't really know cos my cycle has never been regular enough for me to pin down what PMS/PMT feels like!! DH has just gone to the pub with some friends, and i got a look from one of them cos i'm being anti-social sitting at home with my puter instead of going out - but i don't drink anyway, and i just don't feel like being around everyone at the moment - is that such a crime??

time to go close up the house - it's starting to get cold, so i'm going to shut everything up, ligth some candles, curl up on the couch with a nice warm blanket - and maybe add to my ttc journal!

ETA: - oops, forgot have to pick DH and friends up from the pub in a little while, so no candles just yet - will have to settle for a Freddo instead!

Hi All,
    Twomums... congrats to you both, Megan and Kim!!! What great news!!
    Kimb... sooooo sorry for you on your BFN. Sending you big cyberhugs to try to help...
    Alex and Holly.... dont you just want to scream sometimes with what people say to you??? I know I sure do! There is a thread about 10 things you dont want to hear when TTC and I think you have a couple of classics that could go in there! I am sure it is not that we are so much more sensitive at these times.. I really think those are insensitive and hurtful things said to you girls. I took an information book to BIL and SIL house yesterday because she is interested and asking about things. He said "oh your doing this again are you? Well, I dont want to read about it. anyhow you will get preg from this and then 3 months after bubs you will be preg again!" Yeah right, thats how Male factor infert. works... (Although it would be great if that really did happen!) And they were both dissapointed that we are postponing the adoption stuff.
    BG... I know what you mean about the little pains. How annoying! And I have had a headache everyday of taking synarel. Not my usual headache... this one is different. I guess hormones effect lots of bits of the body. I'm not emotional yet, but I will be later. At the moment I am tired and irritable. Everything and everybody is annoying! And this is nothing compared to how I will be feeling by the time of EPU. Having my next b/t on the 2nd.
    Mel... hope you are doing ok at the mo. Good luck with your frostie.
    Hope everyone else is going alright.
    Hugs from SAZ
    Hope everyone else is going ok.

Sammi Jane Guest

Kim - I'm so sorry you got bad news. I don't know what to say, I may well be in the same position in a couple of days.... and I'm scared sh*tless. I can only imagine how heartbreaking it is. I'm not sure about the FET or fresh, although I think I'd probably do the FET because you can do it straight away and if you do a fresh they'll make you wait a month. I think?? Anyway, good luck. Lots of hugs your way, look after yourself.

Smudge - great news about your follies, good luck with your EPU this week.

Megan - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You and Kim must be so happy. I hope you have a healthy, happy 9 months.

BW - I hope you feel better after a relaxing weekend. It's all so hard isn't it? I hope things start to go right for you.

BG - I hope you feel better after an emotional day. It was probably good to get it out. The syranel is yucky stuff isn't it?

Big hello to everyone else, I just can't keep up after being off for 2 days....

Well, AF is officially due for me today. My b/t is Wednesday morning. I have no idea whether I'm pg or not... The crinone (horrible stuff) is giving me cramps, making me tired, giving me sore swollen boobs, I really wouldn't be able to tell if AF was coming or not... I am saying lots of prayers that she stays away though. I'll probably go to the toilet a million times today to check!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast