Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Kyles heres hoping your TWW is the last too

Hi everyone,

Well I am out of the TWW with a BFN, so just thought I would pop my head in here to say hi. Waiting on a call from FS to discuss this months plan of attack, although I have started on my Puregon again as yesterday was Day 3 of my cycle and it was a public holiday here so couldn't confirm with FS. Hopefully have done the right thing. I think I will start talking to FS about our options. I want to see whether IUI would be an option for us. I just feel that every month that we just keep doing the same old, same old with the OI. I have now been on injectable OI for 6 months with no positive result apart from the fact that it is making me ovulate. What are your thoughts???

Best wishes to all,
    Janie xx

little fish Guest

Hi everyone

I feel a bit of a cheat as I didn't even log in for the TWW as I was convinced it hadn't worked. FET started badly with emby not growing over night and going backwards in quality. Second emby was thawn 30min before transfer and the I felt nothing for the next 2 weeks... and just got a BFP .

I just can't believe it - 4 1/2 years of trying, 5 IVFs and 3 transfers and it's finally worked!!! In the most unspectacular way too. I'm still in shock but just wanted to send lots of good vibes to all you ladies and wish you all the best!!!

little fish

Janie - sorry sweet GL with FS
    Little Fish: Well done on the BFP I am happy for you

Well everyone, I spoke to FS today and we are going ahead with our last OI cycle this month. FS has advised that we should start on IVF if this does not work. I feel such mixed emotions. I feel glad that we are looking at moving forward and trying something new, but I always thought of IVF as my "back up plan". So I am quite emotional about moving onto it.

I have my follicle scan for the OI cycle next Monday when my FS will present us with all the information about IVF. I am trying to be positive, but just can't really explain why I feel so sad. We still have this OI cycle to go through, so who knows maybe this will be the one.

Is it normal to feel like this??? Its not like I have just been told that I have fertility issues, I have known that most of my life. Has anyone else started on OI and moved to IVF? How did you feel???

Janie

Janie - it is a transistion sweet not as scary as it sounds but it is a move on

Hi Ladies

Janie - I have tried several cycles of OI and also several IUI and would highly recommed that you move on to IVF. I know it sounds scary and I totally understand cos this is my first cycle and I have been putting it off for quite some time. I have two friends that both had their children through IVF and they have been trying to convince me for years and now that I have finally decided to put my mind to it and be positive I am actually very excited. I wish you the best of luck in whatever avenue you choose

Little fish - congrats on the BFP - sounds very well deserved after the amount of time you have been trying - well done

Tiggerlinda - thanks for the sticky vibes - hope they work like magic

Best wishes to all

Kylie xx

thx kyles - have been encouraged by your experiences - certainly wish your AF is in 9 mths time
    Little fish - congrats hun & wishing you all the best for the coming days, weeks, months
    janie - can't offer you any advice but wishin you all the best with the path u choose.
    Peta - hun that sounds crazy!!! surely that situation - different poeple everywhere - can't be offered to people who are going thru enough as it is. Oh hun, take care and hopefully a brighter solution will come ur way....
    Bec and saph - keep strong ladies -
    Hi minnie-lulu, TL, Paula, sandi, and all you other super strong gals out there....

Me - ob said AF 2 weeks post lap is normal - yeah, good to know it's normal - hate that I still have to wait to TTC til mid april but know it is precautionary - oh well, time flies I guess (just hope nothing else pops up that I have to wait more )

Default 1st IVF

Hello everyone,

This is my first go here, so I hope that I'm doing this right. I want to thank you all as I've found your posts really informative and calming on my nerves.
    So this is my story(shortened version);
    After 18 months of TTC, including 3 cycles of clomid, we're in the process of our 1st IVF (ICSI)treatment. We're up to day 3 of the Puregon injections and still "sniffing" (as the nurses call it) the Synarel. My First ultrasound is next Monday & if all goes well they expect that collection will happen good friday or easter monday.
    I had a mild case of OHSS whilst on the last cycle of Clomid and I was curious if anyone has any suggestions of avoiding it now?

Thanks again!

hi izzylou

i'm not far ahead of you, had my first cycle - EPU was three weeks ago (tomorrow). I overstimmed and have to wait till about mid April for Transfer.

Drink water, water and more water and take it easy. Your FS may need to adjust your meds but they will have more of an idea after you have your ultrasound and BT. I have to admit its an exciting moment when you see your follicles happening.

Good luck

Lou - Drink Lots and Lots and lots rest up and take it easy your body is doing more than normal and needs rest too

Belle - Hope all is going well

PCL - Good news re AF and lap I should be cycling around the 22 of April so maybe we will be TWW buddies

Hi to everyone and I hope all is well

Thanks for the advice!! I hope all goes well for both of you - April's not that far away. Time seems to fly when you're in the midst of this, but so slow when you have to wait!
    I hate to admit that I tend to forget about drinking, but have been really working on that since I started getting headaches on the syneral. All the girls at work remind me to stop & fill the water bottle, so I can't forget....
    Is there somewhere I can go to learn all the abreviations that everyone here use? Gee, I've got alot to learn!!

Lou my secrect was the 750ml bottles 3 day gets me to 2 litres so I go 1 before lunch and if it is not gone by lunch no nice drink 1 in the afternoon and 1 when I get home. It is my consistent way of rememering

Thanks everyone for the words of support. I am feeling a lot better today. I have decided to focus on this last try with OI, but at the same time start getting ready for IVF next cycle. I really don't want to lose any time, so will talk to FS about organising everything so that if this last OI cycle does not work, at least we don't have to wait to get started on the IVF. The worst that can happen is that I have to cancel the IVF due to getting pregnant this time.... Hang on a moment that's the best thing that could happen!!!!

Currently I am on Day 5 of my OI cycle, so I had my 3rd injection of Puregon this morning. Nothing exciting will really happen until Monday when I have my Day 10 follicle scan. The best thing though, is this Sunday is our first wedding anniversary... Can't believe it has been a year already. I have loved every minute of it!

Izzylou, Welcome! I know that you will find this site very helpful and the people on here very supportive. All the very best for your scan on Monday. As you can see I am possibly about to embark on my first IVF in about a month after a number of months on OI (ovulation induction). I will be really interested to hear your perspective on the whole process, keep me updated on how you are finding it.

Congratulations Little Fish! That is wonderful news. I wish you all the very best of luck.

Kyles, I hope your 2WW flies by and that you get a at the end of it. Again, I would be really interested in your views on your first IVF cycle.

Best wishes to all that I have missed out.

Janie

Everyone is quiet today - come out, come out wherever you are

Work is crazy today but what's new.
    Had my scan this morning, I know have 5 x 7mm, 4 x 6mm & 4 x 5mm follicles and lots follicles smaller thatn 5mm. It's not great but at least they are very slowly growing. Endo at 7.5 which is also thicker.

I am to keep injecting Thurs/Fri and then go in for another scan/BT Friday morning, with EPU on Monday.

Has anyone else become hyper-sensitive to their injections. I've been fine with my gonal-f injections, but the past two mornings they have been incredibly painful, so bad I've had to pull it out and start again because I am in agony. I'm nervous about how I'm going to cope with the trigger, last time that wasn't too pleasant and if my body isn't coping with these, it could be bad for trigger. I've tried using icepacks to numb the area but it didn't make a difference this morning.

Bec I am here just felt like I was over stalking everyone when I am bored

Sorry I can't help with the injection thing have you called the clinc?

Hi Ladies

Boy, is it hot and muggy here in Perth today - I think last time I heard the temp it was around 33 degrees

plc - glad I could be of some help

Izzylou - good luck with your first cycle

Janie - Glad you are feeling better today. I had a giggle at your wish to cancel IVF if pregnant (definitely a good thing). Happy 1st wedding anniversary for Sunday Thank you for my 2WW wishes - my first cycle has been good so far - no reactions to synarel or puregon, reasonably painless injections etc - my lining however was only 6mm so had to start using pessaries 3 days before EPU and I only managed to grow 3 follicles and collect one which was such a strong little eggie that it fertilised to day 3 and was transferred 10 days ago so now waiting to see the result.

BecD - hope your follicles grow even more over the next few days - re injections I found one day painful next not so bad - I take my solutions out of the fridge about 5 minutes before injecting and find this helps - if the solution is too cold it tends to sting a lot

Hi everyone,

No personals today i am just trashed. I think the pregnyl injections are knocking me for six. Only 11 days to go. Have BT on fri to check levels hopefully all is well and no pess.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast