Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Hey Carla, did they give you any indication when they might call? Like around what time?

Hi Paula..Yes between 1pm and 3pm...Im leaving work at 2.30pm today..have an appointment some where else (nothing for IVF) so hopefully they ring after i leave.....

OH thats great.. Not long now. How do you plan on breaking the news to DH? Thats one thing that i have been thinking about for when the time comes for me. I would love for us to be together when we get the call but dont think taking another day off work will be possible.

Thats something I think about too.......exploding when I tell DH....
    But I dont htink today will be my chance to do that....I hope so but if I get too excited I know I will just get disappointed...such a horrible thought but i really cant help it.

Oh I hope you get great news.....its so good being in here and having all you girls......its the greatest support ever....

Default i'm new to ICSI

hi everyone, i have put in a few threads / replies to this forum but i very new, my dh and i have 3 boys 5, 7 and nine but he had a vas 5 years ago after i had 3 under 4 and was all emotional?
    anyway we've decided to have another baby but sperm are not coming out so i saw fs and ICSI is our only option, we both go to fs for mapping plan for us on 4 April and sometime aft that i'll start injecting. hoping to get preg 1st time but aren't we all !!!

anyway i'll let you all know how it goes with fs and when i have to start injections. this site has been really helpful and i'm just nervous and excited at the moment
    janet
    just ignore my ticker, it wouldn't let me do one for the future but i'll be doing it in about 9 or 10 days
    janet

Hi all, and welcome Janet. I hope everyone is doing well, sorry that I don't have time for personals today.

I had a scan on Saturday which revealed that there were 3 possible follicles which we were hoping would die off so that there was just one. But I had another scan today, and I am out of the race without even starting this cycle. 3 follicles on my left ovary and another one had developed on my right! So with 4 possible eggs, we have decided that there is too much risk of a multiple birth to go ahead. So no unprotected DTD for 10 days and hopefully in that time my period will start. I am then starting a down reg cycle of IVF.

Got my nurses and accounts appointment on Friday, but have to wait a couple of weeks until we can see the counsellor.

Disappointed that things did not go to plan, but believe this is the best thing for us especially with how unpredictable my ovaries are.

All the best
    Janie xxx

Janie sorry to hear better luck next cycle is this your first down reg IVF?
    Janet - Good luck with the ICSI cycle
    Carla - How did the BT go????????????

Me went to the hairdresser today and had a great time getting a cut and colour have some violet higlights in my blonde and love them . Apart from that getting very excited about starting IVF again after our 6 month break. PG is the path I am taking this time and very very excited

Janie - I'm sorry to hear that this cycle didn't work out I hope you are doing ok. It's good to see you looking ahead now to the next step - and it will be good to get the admin and counselling side of things up and running and then into the treatment.

Janet - welcome to the thread here I was very excited and quite nervous my first ICSI cycle also - but I asked lots of questions and did a lot of reading and it helped with the unknowns a little. Please feel free to ask anything that you're no sure about - there's plenty of people here who will be able to help, I'm sure! Good luck with your upcoming cycle.

AB - it's nice to see you in here again - I have wondered how you've been doing, hun
    I think you're doing everything you can, hun.
    Other than artificial insemination, I'm not sure what other medical options there are that aren't as invasive as IVF. I know there is a procedure called GIFT (Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer) - which is almost as invasive as IVF (egg collection is required) but it usually involves a lot less hormone treatment, which could be better. It involves collecting your eggs and mixing them with your DH's sperm there and then and replacing 2-3 eggs with sperm back into your fallopian tube during the egg collection procedure. Any extra eggs collected are then inseminated via IVF and frozen as per usual.
    The trouble with that type of treatment is it is still fairly invasive, almost as much as IVF, but with a lower success rate in comparison, and probably less eggs collected for such a similar procedure. I expect the success rates for a couple who has required ICSI for fertilisation wouldn't be anywhere nearly as good as ICSI either. The advantage is that you probably won't have to go through so much hormone treatment before having your eggs collected, and it is a way to assist the sperm to do their thing without having to go the whole hog. Unfortunately, DH and I were told that we had to go the whole hog straight away to have anything more than a tiny chance with his sperm as they were, hence we started with IVF/ICSI straight away. Perhaps this is the same reason you had to go to ICSI straight away also?
    I hope the info has been helpful, hun. I think it would be a good thing for you and DH to make an appointment for one of the two doctors you've been recommended and ask the questions you're asking us to them - is there any other medical way other than ICSI for you to get pregnant and what are the chances of those other options? Be open and upfront with a doctor, and they will answer you. If you don't like what you hear, or you don't feel comfortable with that first doctor, have an appointment and ask the same questions of the next doctor you were recommended.
    I hope you find a way forward that feels comfortable and right for you and your DH, hun.

Paula - good luck with the TWW! I'm sure the other ladies in the TWW thread would love your company! I hope the time goes quickly, and the pregnyl injections continue to go smoothly for you.

TL - woohoo! Pregnancy, here she comes! I had a friend who had some pale purple streaks in her blonde hair a few weeks ago - purple is her favourite colour - and they look great. What a perk up for you! Yay!

Hi to everyone else in here - hope you're all doing ok in your respective cycles.

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; March 25th, 2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: extra post

Hi ladies and welcome to all the newbies....

I did post int he other thread and realised that I might have missed acouple of people with the news.....

got news this afternoon...levels are great but need anither blood test on Thursday to make sure they are still rising..bit nervous but everyone has to do it I guess.
    So thankyou to all of you that gave me so much support over the past year, I love you all for it so much and I hope and wish you all the best and you all get BFP's too......you all deserve it. Remember to be kind to yourself!!!
    Im staying arouond awhile, still want to see everyones results and make sure you guys are doing well..........
    Thanks beautiful friends xoxoxxo

oooh!!!!!!!!!!!! Carla - congrats hun!!! woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie P Guest

Question We have been TTC. This is our 3rd year!!

Hi, I'm new to this and trying to get used to all the abbreviations.
    I just gave myself 2 injections 300mg of Puregon and orgalutran (the nasty one). Going through antagonist cycle.Our 5th attempt at IVF/ICSI. Booked for EC on monday or tuesday. They will confirm it with me this friday after blood test and U/S. Cause we are getting concerned its not working the Dr is going to place to embies back (thats if I get enough eggs/embies). Fingers crossed it works this time cause I don't think I can keep going...
    Is anyone out there going throught the same thing at the same time....it would be nice to have support by someone who really knows what i'm going through, and i would like to support you.

Carla YaY YaY YaY -
    Natalie - we are on our 5th ICSI cycle too but not starting to April good luck and welcome you will find support here.

THANKYOU LADIES......NOW IM WAITING EARGERLY FOR YOU TO JOIN ME!!!!
    Im still gonna hang around, I cant leave you all yet, I need to see how your all going....hope the mods dont kick me out for not being where i used to be but I just want to make sure youor all ok and watch your progress.

Carla that is fantastic!! Way to go! So glad to hear some positive news. Hopefully the positive vibes bring much more positive news to this thread!

IT WILL IT WILL I KNOW IT WILL......
    you have to keep thinking that......I have everything crossed for everyone...even my eyes!!!!

Hi Natalie, welcome to BB We are currently going through our 4th cycle - we've had two fresh cycles so far and this will be our second thaw cycle. We'll also be having two embryos transfered. I think many of us here understand you when you talk about the feeling of struggling to find the will and the strength to keep trying... even after the first unsuccessful cycle! I hope your BT and scan on Friday go well and that it's good news and all systems go for EC next week. Often I remind myself that I have to keep focussed on the feeling of having a child in our arms and a new life in our family to continue to keep our hope of this treatment working going. The hope is what allows you to continue with the treatment. There's lovely lovely people here at BB that will always be prepared to offer you any support you need, so please feel free to chat away about anything that you need to Good luck!

Carla - it's so good to see you so lively and buzzing! Congratulations again!! Yay!!! Carla's UTD!!!!!

PLC - how you doing there, hun?

Miss C

slyder Guest

New thread time, funksters.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789