Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Hey BecD

I had puregon not gonal f, but I found that in the later injections they began to hurt, the last one ie. trigger hurt the most. It was odd because initially it was a breeze. But after collection I realised that I was super sensitive even the skin on my legs. So I just thought it was the effect of all the drugs.

Good luck

I'm here! Had another wobbly time this cycle but FINALLY made it and trigger tonight with EPU Friday. All a bit stressful and feels like a BFP just to make it to EPU!! So hoping like hell for a good result Friday now...

Hello ladies,

Im still just stalking as still no sign of AF

Quick question.. Where on your body do you have to inject yourself? Sounds silly but i have no idea about any of this. And also, does it have to be at the same time everyday? and is it usually morning or night? Just curious!

Quote Originally Posted by *Paula* View Post
    Hello ladies,

Im still just stalking as still no sign of AF

Quick question.. Where on your body do you have to inject yourself? Sounds silly but i have no idea about any of this. And also, does it have to be at the same time everyday? and is it usually morning or night? Just curious!
    In the stomach, about the same time and whatever suits!! Night is most suitable for most couples, but not always. The needles are not too painful either, especially if you put some ice or a cold 50c piece o the spot first. Best of luck

Thanks for the info Kell.. The reason i asked about the same time is because i would prefer to do it at night with DH but dont they do the first one at the clinic? That would mean it would be during the day?!

Hi All
    How are we this Thursday morning? Me - nervous. I have an appointment back with my [old] FS today to discuss working on my lining while waiting till May for another IVF (my choice). Strange, I thought this would have been one of the first things we did but anyway, if its only tablets that will be relatively easy compared to the whole cycle. So, I managed to fix the mess I created with seeing new FS & then not wanting to proceed with them. Phew!
    Paula - I would take my injections each morning at the same time & in the stomach. I would use a different side of my tummy each day. It didn't really hurt at all. My DH made sure I was doing them myself so that if he was ever at work, he knew I would be right.
    BB - best of luck for EPU tommorrow!
    BecD - the only time my injections hurt was when I was close to OHSS (33 follies). The cycle got cancelled so i didn't go to trigger, but I think they hurt because my stomach was so swollen. GL for the rest of the cycle - I hope all those little follies keep growing big & strong.
    Izzylou, Belle333, Janie71, Saph, Kyles, PLC & TL - hi Girls!!! hope you are all doing well.
    Best go, DH is just leaving for work & I will be running late if I don't get in the shower now. Speak soon.

Thanks Peta.

Well guess what everyone..... AF IS HERE! I am so excited. I have called the clinic and the nurses have told me to go collect my injections today and start them on Monday.

DH had a bit of a laugh at me this morning because i didnt sleep alllll night! The reason being, before i went to bed last night i went to the loo and i saw a little bit of spotting... well my mind started wondering didnt it... So believe it or not i got about 1 hours sleep all night. I am so exhausted but i cant sleep. Too much going on up there. And way toooo excited!

Shel Guest

Little Fish, congratulations to you on a well deserved BFP
    Paula - good luck with your cycle, hope you breeze through it
    Kell - good luck for Friday, hope it all goes well and you feel better once you have reached that part of the goal
    Janie - sorry to hear about your BFN, sounds like a good decision to try something new, an IUI with OI will increase your chances again.
    Kyles - sending lots of sticky vibes your way and hoping this is your last TWW for a long time

As for me I got a BFN from the IUI, AF even came early which is unusual for me. On the positive side my lap will go ahead this Tuesday and I will be clear of endo and can then focus on our next big step which is IVF as soon as FS says its ok to go. I have decided to take a break from everything for the next month as things have overtaken my life, I need to put things aside and get my emotions back together ready for our 1st IVF attempt asap.

TL - See you on Tuesday in line for our laps, hopefully the day will go quickly and the next thing we know we will be waking up getting ready to go home.

Hello to all the other lovely ladies in here and wishing you all the best with your journey.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend ladies.

Shel

Shel best of luck with your lap on Tuesday. Hope it all goes smoothly and your back here soon with us to begin your IVF journey.

Shel - See you then I am in at 12pm
    Paula - Yay on geting the drugs
    Kelle - GL with EPU sweet

Hi ladies - I'm still around - lurking and keeping updated - just quiet cos the whole TTC thing gets a little overwhelming from time to time...
    TL and shel - best of luck for ur laps on Tuesday - ul be fine! It was a generous week of recovery post op for me - be good to ur bods!
    Peta - good luck today hun - glad that things were able to be fixed and seems clearer for you now. Hugs hun!
    BB - good luck hun - for u too!
    hello everyone else - thinkin of u all the time!!

Hi Girls
    Well I survived today only I felt really bad when I went to the clinic. They didn't seem too happy to see me after the cr4p I have pulled over the last week, but maybe they were just having a bad day. So I am now waiting patiently for AF (should be here anytime, I feel so sick in my tummy although being that I haven't had one for so long I don't really know the signs ) then on Day 2, I start taking 3 x progynova tablets each day & nothing else. If this works properly my lining should be perfect by about Day 16. If not, it would seem I have another problem to work with. I don't know girls, I just don't think my heart is in this at all anymore. As much as I want kids, I keep thinking maybe this wasn't meant to be my calling. Just having a hard time dealing with it all at the moment I guess. I think I'm at the stage I don't want any more negative results, but I want some kind of formal resolution. Do any of you know what I am on about? Am I totally crazy?
    Shel sorry to hear of your BFN, I am glad to see that you are ready to move on to the next step (& able to do so).
    Paula you crack me up! Fancy being that excited by AF. I hope you sleep alot better tonight!
    Hope the rest of you lovely girls had a nice day! Take care all.

Peta you are not crazy at all. I can totally understand what you are saying. But i dont think you should give up. Maybe you do need a break. Just to get your mind around things and get your heart back in it. I wish you all the success in the world for this cycle.

Well i have all my goodies in the fridge and waiting for Monday to come around so i can start injecting. I am really looking forward (as i have said in every other post...lol) to starting this new journey. I am also booked in for a BT next Friday (Good Friday) at 8.30am, rather early for a public holiday.. no sleep in for me!

How is everyone doing today? Its been awfully quiet in here.

Evening ladies,

Janie - thanks for the thoughts. You're so right about this site. My DH read it with me tonight & could see how useful all the suggestions are & I finally don't feel alone anymore. Thanks gals!

Tiggerlinda/Belle - Thanks for all the water recommendations. Although I?m 2kgs heavier & spending alot my time at the loo, I?m hoping it will make a difference.

Peta - Don't panic about the staff's reactions today. I went into a full panic attack last Friday when the nurse (Claire) wanted to give us a trial run of the Puregon pen(Maybe this is where I should mention that petrified doesn't begin to explain my fear of needles). Claire was ready for the brown paper bag and decided to tell us of all the different patients and emotions they deal with everyday. It's normal for you to feel like this. I fully understand how you feel right now. Between the emotions, people's "helpful" comments/questions & dealing with the needles daily, I really don't know how people can do this for years.

Paula - It's great you're excited but I hope you get more sleep. I had my first appointment with the clinic last Friday to do the first BT and collect all of our supplies (as we're using a remote clinic to avoid so much travel for the BT & Ultrasounds). Claire showed us how to prepare the pen then once they dialled it back to 0, they injected it into my stomach to show us how it was done, without the FSH. Monday's my 1st BT & if all goes well EPU will be Good Friday! I?ll be thinking of you.

BecD/Kyles68 - I agree, I found the needle it's self doesn't hurt but I can feel the liquid under the skin, which hurts some nights & others - not at all (especially with the ice & keeping it out of the fridge for a while)

Baby Bliss - Thanks for the ice suggestion. It really made a difference tonight. Good Luck for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by *Paula* View Post
    Hello ladies,

Paula, just wanted to drop in and say when I did my injections, I started on one side of my tummy (the right) and every day moved the injection over a little bit towards the left side, so I wasn't injecting in the same area. That way, if I got a bruise or a bit tender, I wasn't annoying that area any further.

Nic

Hi everyone,

Still plodding through the TWW final BTon Easter monday.

Paula - I find that under my belly button is the best spot for the needle or in the thighs. But as i am only going through OI my doses are relatively small. I found the trigger hurt the most as it was the biggest dose.

Peta - it sounds like you may just need a break from it all. I was feeling like that when things were going so slowly with follicle develiopment and i was having to make three hour trips for scans. Wehave decided that if this cycle is a dud we are going to have a break and move to a clinic that is closer.We have one just round the corner but wanted to go to our FS clinic but considering we haven't seen him since before Christmas what is the point.

Saph hope your Tww is going along well
    Peta how are you today?
    Needles different side each day worked for me trying to find a differnt spot

Hope all of you are doing well. I resgined yesterday so spending a few days on the couch before the lap on Tuesday

and for all

The lady at the clinic that gave me all the meds injected me with the pen in the belly too so that i could see how its done (minus the fluid of course). The needle didnt hurt at all, i couldnt even feel it but im sure that with the fluid it will hurt a little. Oh well, its all worth it!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast