Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2008 #1

Hello ladies,

Hope you are all having a nice break and eating lots and lots of yummy chocolate

Well i had my BT today and i am still absolutley shocked at the results. Can you believe that after only 5 days of meds (started on monday), we are ready for the IUI tomorrow I cant believe it. DH and i were totally not expecting this so we are soooooooooo EXCITED and not sure what is going on. Hahahaha. Has anyone else heard of IUI being done so soon into the injections? Its just all the stories i have read have mentioned that its usually on day 14 if your cycle or even after that but none have been anywhere near CD10. But apparently my numbers came back exceptional so we are off to do our thing tomorrow. I cant wait.

Shall be in tomorrow to let you all know how i go and also see how everyone is.. Take care!

Paula - Good luck with the IUI tomorrow

Paula - good luck tomorrow! It's wonderful to hear that your body has responded so well to the stims. Looking forward to hearing how it all went tomorrow. What a wonderful start to this cycle - we can only hope things keep going up from here - TWW watch out - here comes Paula!!

Peta - hey there sweet Thanks for your message I hadn't seen you for a while and was wondering where you were and wondering if you were ok! I hope the break from BB is doing you good - it is so important to focus on life moving forward even when TTC is stuck in the one place. It becomes much too hard otherwise, and it's already hard enough as it is. Good to have focus elsewhere. Hope you're doing ok.

Janie - very glad to hear that things are looking better and you can start thinking about the next step to come. I wish you all the luck for your scan tomorrow and hope to hear really good news! It's sounding much more positive and very promising now!

TL - it's sounds really weird to say this, but I'm sitting here thinking "She did it! TL is starting a cycle! How exciting!" You've been so patient waiting and waiting for this lap, and now you've got through that and you're moving forward! I'm so very please and excited for you, hun. 2008 is going to be your year - your patience and positivity will be rewarded.

Today has been a non-day for DH and I We've been sitting in front of a fire all day (even though it's not *that* cold - just a lot colder than recently) drinking wine, eating chocolate and reading the papers and books. Stupidly decadent and not one thought of the laziness of it all (...until now!) It's actually the most relaxed I've felt in a long time. It's been a great day

Scan has been confirmed for me on 31st March (CD12) to see if I'm going to be able to do a natural FET outright or switch to having ovulation induced if I'm not getting there on my own this cycle. So for now, it's pleasant not to have to think about much until then, and really pleasant not to have any meds to take in the first half of a treatment cycle!

Happy Easter everyone - I'll be popping in here and there to see how everyone is doing.

Many hugs,

Miss C

Hi girls,

Just a quick one as it's been a long couple of days travelling & it's destined to be a very long weekend (all good).

Paula, this is my first cycle as well & while the first few days were a breeze, I've spent the past week crying & swinging in my moods. Last Friday night I couldn't stop crying & I've had to lock myself in my office a few times to save heads from rolling. The nurses tell me that it's natural....

After a quick trip to FS, we go in for EPU Monday morning. He found my right ovary & expects to collect around 12 eggs. The largest was 16mm. My bloods were 12000, but their main concern is I have a low grade OHSS. At this stage they're considering not implanting this cycle if it doesn't settle. I'm happy with this as it's better to safe than risking success. So, it's rest til Sunday then off to Sydney ready for Monday(I'm sure the car will be able to drive it's self soon ).

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying a much earned break. Happy Easter!

Hey Izzylou

I was in a similar position to you E2 got to 16000, no fresh transfer, levels dropped off just before but (Iknew and) Dr said not well enough for fresh transfer.

As much as I wanted a fresh transfer I was happy to wait for FET which was just as well - I was level headed for most of the stim cycle but kinda lost it after EPU even with good results.

Good luck to you and take care of yourself.

Hey Paula - hope all goes well!

Hey lovelies - sorry it's been a little while since I posted

TL - fantastic to know that ur all set for ur cycle. Hope ur recovering ok from lap and slowly feeling better and better. Take care, hun!!

Miss C - so sorry about AF but GREAT to hear ur taking it easy and having some quality time with DH - GL for the days ahead!!

Paula (name buddy) great to hear about how ur going and hoping things go forward positively and in leaps and bounds!!

Peta - honey - hope ur doin ok with everything - thanks for popping in!!

janie - oh hun - GL tomorrow - hoping and it all goes well with trigger - I hope too it is the cycle for you!!

BecD - hun!! such fantastic news!! was today the day u were hearing from the clinic or next Friday?

Izzylou - GL for Monday - chin up - stay positive and strong!!

Hi and to saph, belle, carla and anyone else I've missed!!

Nothing new here - just limbo land for this cycle til ob gives me the go ahead to TTC but still charting etc etc for research

Take care everyone!!

Miss C - Thanks and LoL it is most probably the break my body needed from IVF though. Can join you with AF though DH and I have a footy weekend planed

Paula - Good Luck Today

Lou - GL Monday

Hi to everyone and happy happy easter

Hello ladies

Miss C all that relaxation sounds amazing. i love those lazy doing nothing days... They are the best.

izzylou rest up and best of luck for Monday!

belle, how you going?

hello plc (name buddy) haha keep up the research !

hi tiggerlinda, how are you going?

Thanks to everyone that wished me luck today. It was a breeze and in the nurses words "Complete textbook procedure!" Even she was suprised at how straight forward and easy it was. Just a tiny bit uncomfortable but not painful at all. Felt very much like a pap smear. DH got to sit in with me which was nice. He just sat beside me. He found it all quite fascinating, all the instruments and stuff The nurse told us there were 17million being put in so i hope one sucker has his eyes open and finds that egg! Speaking of egg.. i have to say that last night when i ovulated it was rather painful. i ovulated from my left side and it was sore all night.

Anyway, into the TWW we go. I have to go into the clinic on Tuesday so they can give me my first pregnyl injection and show me how to do it so i can do the next two at home on my own. I just hope the next two weeks fly past and we get answers reall soon.

Hey Paula

Just waiting, waiting for FET - likely end April.

Hopefully the time will pass quickly for you.

Paula rest up and lots of stickyvibes and fertilising vibes your way

Me I am well resting up it is a bummer having AF and recovery not reccomended to anyone else. Bruise on my Tummy getting bigger but I am riding the high that I will be pregnant soon.

sprinkles to add some luck have a wonderful easter

Hey TL - way to be positive!!!!! bummer recovery isn't it but hang in there and rest up - take care
    Oh name buddy - that's so good that the procedure went well - well done - and everything else crossed for u too!
    belle - hang in there, hun - any type of waiting where TTC is concerned is SUCH a drag and SO boring.

Paula congrats to you.hope everything goes your way. Did you use clomid. I had huge ov pain with clomid but nothing with puregon.

As for me been hanging in the TWW going absolutely insane final BT on Tue.

Sorry guys, I have been a bad poster lately, am trying not to think too much about infert stuff, my head is a bit all over the place right now.

Spoke to the clinic yesterday, we have 1 x 8 cell embryo and 3 x 6 cell embryos still growing. Transfer is booked for 11.15am tomorrow morning, but will get a call in the morning to confirm we have a blastocyst to transfer.

Am growing really tired of the emotional side of this all, we will definitely be taking next month off if we are unsuccesful.

Bec - Good luck for today 8 and 6 cells sound good ET is one more step closer lots and lots of stickyvibes to you

Good Luck with transfer, Bec. Hang in there, you've been doing so well! Many hugs to you, hun.

BecD completly understand the emotional side of this.It can put a complete strain on everything else in your life. It seems to take over. if we are unsuccessful we are taking a break next month as well. Hopefully you wont need to take a break. Best of luck for you today.

I just knew something was wrong. No transfer today, my embryos haven't grown properly so the clinic want them to have an extra day to develop to blastocyst stage. Will get a call tomorrow morning to see if they have or not, otherwise probably no transfer at all.

I don't know how people keep going through all of this.

Oh BECD....I just posted something to you on the other thread....Oh babe Im so sorry but dont lose hope just yet.....theres still achance and you have waited this long...you can do it.
    I know what you mean by saying how do we get through it. I guess we just do huh....it so damn hard and hate all of this and its so depressing watching others make it look so easy but all i can think of is that these are the cards that were dealt to us.....we just have to keep a going!!!
    I am feeling alot the same as you as I think everyone else in here does too....its just not fair...
    You know I cant get soemthing out of my head...was driving down the street the other day and there was a lady standing on her driveway looking like she was about to go into labour...with a beer in her hand and a cigarette...NOW THAT MAKES ME SO MAD....not only I think Im obviously in envy of her but the fact that she is pregnant and drinking and smoking makes me feel like....well we try so hard to do everything our FS tell us, stay healthy, dont drink dont smoke do this do that and then you see that....just makes me mad.
    Hang in there huni.........we can do this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast