Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March/April 2008

Well i took my last clomid tab last night, Hopefully the headaches will go now. We are having a garage sale this weekend and at the moment it is raining cats and dogs. Oh well we have sold one thing so i guess it was worth while.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

saph - hope the garage sale went well and the rain eased up! We had one of those back in October last year, and although it was a lot of work, it was a lot of fun. It was DH's first experience with a garage sale as all they know about in the UK is car boot sales, so he was extra excited at the conclusion when we had gotten rid of a whole lot of stuff and had some cash for it! He got a bit obsessed there for a while - he kept wanting to have another one closer to when we moved and the house settled - I had to enforce the "No!" as one of them every once in a while is definitely enough, not another one after a couple of months! Hope you did well. Glad you have finished the Clomid, hun. I wish you lots and lots of luck with the remainder of your cycle.

Janet - happy to hear that the appointment with FS went well It all happens quickly once you get started, doesn't it? I remember going from having an appointment with my FS to get test results back for DH and I, and then straight into IVF the day of the appointment! Started on the pill that same day, as it happened to be day 5 (my clinic starts OCP day 5 of down-reg cycle), and then nurses talking to me about synarel, FSH, injections etc. the same day too! I'm so glad you feel comfortable with your FS and had all your questions answered, and that you're excited. You'll start to feel more confident with the treatment protocol as you go, and as you get used to each hormone. Make sure you ask us any questions you may have - we'll be here for you! I wish you lots of luck!

TL - hope you're having a relaxing weekend after a big week with the new job. It's all happening for you next week - I'm getting really excited for you!

Adele - I've been doing a little research on UK IVF clinics in the area where we will be settling, but any contacts you have over there who know about it would be great! Don't worry if it requires excavating on a large scale to find details though! Thanks for the offer Hope you're having a lovely weekend, and relaxing before the sniffing starts on Tuesday. Very excited for you that you're starting your next round also! You and TL are cycle buddies!

Janie - hope AF is coming and going ASAP for you, so you can get started too - I'll waggle my finger at her to behave for you, if she's not careful! And as for the move, I will be posting a little less often when I first arrive, but I won't be going far from BB, and will be checking in regularly on how you and everyone is doing!

to Carla, plc (hoping you're ok with the halter monitor, hun), Paula, nev, illuminaughty, and anyone else who's in here lurking!

Had my ET this morning - all went well. Both embryos thawed with no worries, and they were both looking very good (Grade 1) and going on well . Embie #1 went from 5 cells to 9 at transfer, and embie # 2 (thawed later) went from 5 cells to 6, about to get to 7.
    I have a very good friend with whom we have a joke that she is mine and DH's daughter, so she is viewing these embryos as her siblings, and has called one of them "sib" and the other one "ling", which I'm finding quite amusing Feeling relatively good about the TWW, as we'll have lots distractions in the next week and half until we get on the plane, and the BT 2 days after we arrive. Hoping all this will help the time go quickly!

Hugs and warm wishes,

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; April 5th, 2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: grammar

Miss C - Wow you do know how to plan TWW distractions I hope that all goes well from here and Sib and Ling arrive with that well deserved BFP in the UK.

Saph - Hope the Garage sale was a success and you did not have to pack up too much

Me - Well there is an update on the new job in my blog. Must be catching a little of DH's cold beacuse all I have done is sleep today . Must continue on my nephews blanket for his brithday and get it finished there are some great wools in kids colour

to everyone not lon now till Adele and I start sniffing anyone else with us this cycle?

Miss C - oh how funny about your "daughter" and her "sib" and "ling" - so cute!!!! Hope all the preparations are going to plan.

TL - hey hun, sending very positive vibes ur way - bubba-to-be, job and the finishing of ur nephew's blanket aren't you a clever one!

dellydoo - best of luck next week, sweet - have everything crossed for you and TL and it's so wonderful that you can share these events together

saph - hope you ended up with further success at ur garage sale. Hope the chlomid worked a treat for you

JBM - keep us posted re ur 1st cycle and how u r feeling about it all - GL & HUGE HUGS!!

Janie and Carla -

illuminaughty - welcome hun to our fold!!

Hello to everyone else!!!!

Well, AF arrived today so hopefully will get that green light in 10 days! Had the heart monitor taken off yesterday and will go back for follow-up appt during the week. No obvious palps while I had it on so, unless something major was happening that i didn't detect, then I'd say I am ok....

PCL hun Glad you are ok.

Crafts are my stress relief from a busy corprate life. I have lots of plans for our baby but have only started on blankie so far. But my own projects seem to go on the back burner. Life our wedding sampler which should have been done 3 years ago

Well that is one part of my life cleansed.We ended up having 63mm of rain in five hours. The Garage sale was a huge success we made over a thousand dollarsand nearlly sold everything. That is a couple more OI cycles. It is amazing how many poeple want everything for nothing and then want you to deliver it. A few times today we had so many people we had the be both outsdie to deal with customers.

Anyway my clomid headaches have gone my ovaries are starting to ache so keep the daily monitoring up. I guess i will ovulate around CD 16 so 5 more days. Really this is not a cycle for trying as we are having a break but that is when thingslike this happen when you are not expecting them.But regardless the break has been good and I am ready to take on the three hour trips again. Looked into a clinic closer to home but it was no where as nice or as helpful as the one I am at now. So atravelling I will go.

TL I agree scrapbooking is my stress relief. The feeling of achievement when i finish a page is great.

PLC hoping everything goes you way and you get to start.

Abd To everyone else lots of hugs i am being called to go.

Thankyou so much for the warm welcome everyone, its wonderful and you have made me feel very welcome here.
    I just got home tonight, the wedding was beautiful and I am very tired!! I met one of DH's relativew who is 31 weeks pregnant with twins from IVF, and she was so lovely, and that made me feel a little more positive about everything.
    The closer our first cycle gets, the more fear I am feeling. Is that normal?

Oh yes sweet the fear is normal but more like anticpation do you have any questions so we can hopefully help

Hmm no questions yet, I'm sure I will have them soon enough though!!

Hi Ladies
    Hey Tigg..not long to go now........GL with everything.

Had a bit of a scare myself last night...started spotting and not just lightly..so spent the entire night with bugg eyes staring at the ceiling as anxious as I have ever been. had BT down this morning and all came back good...levels are still rising and they say it can be common...freaked the hell out of me! I have out first scan Wednesday to make sure all is ok..... I tell ya.....we are all the bravest women alive to go through this roller coaster......
    Its such an exciting journey but can be a little scary...guess it keeps us all on our toes!
    Hope your all having a great day.

Carla thanks sweet yes not long to go very excited

on the scare sweet Munckin please don't do that to mummy

Hi everyone
    Sorry ive been MIA lately after last failed iui i was all ready to go with IVF and the embrologist is going on hols so i was put on a pill crossover i took it a bit hard but it works out it only puts me one week behind, just V sad as i was sure i would be preg by the time my lost angel was due (May22nd), i guess it might still happen. Then went on hols for a week.
    Saph: i was at the goldcoast and we stayed at seaworld resort, we liked it for a few reasons, if you get the super park pass you can go into seaworld at anytime, its got a great kids club and nice pool area, the rooms are abit dated, but functional and if you get a dining plus card (cost $95) you get 50% off the buffet and discounts in all the other eating places (the japanese is awesome!!), plus one night free accommadation so really good value. Surfers is obviuosly the place to be if you want to party, but to be honest we went into surfers one day and didnt go back, we were inundated by people trying to sell us stuff and i found it dingy, much prefered the quieter seaworld (although loads of kids running about). If you can get a babysitter you HAVE to go to Draculas such a great night out!!! Hope that helps any other questions just ask.
    Well i start sniffing next sat the 12th, but i must admit i have enjyed not having to worry about it all for a few weeks.
    Sorry no personals i will try to catch up with everyone soon. Good luck everyone.

Hi all

Miss C - I just wanted to say all the best with the move OS and - hope all is going well post transfer.... I special thanks to you again for the lovely long reply you wrote to me after my first ever (and very upset) post.

Tiggerlinda - I noticed we may be starting on the synarel on the same day?

I had my day 22 BT and interview with the nurse today and we are set to go for our next round (2nd of IVF). This time we'll be doing ICSI so I'm feeling hopeful we might get a few embryos and a transfer this time I start sniffing on Wednesday.

Numa - so gald to have you join me

Miss C - Postive and the stickest vibes gping your way

Numa - so glad to hear that you've got the go ahead for the next cycle, hun! It's a brand new ball game now, and your FS and clinic will have learnt a lot from your last cycle. Even though it is a small consolation for what you went through, they will know how to approach this cycle now to make it a success. I'm sure ICSI will make such a difference for you also. So it's all positive news for you now! There's a number of ladies starting cycles in the next week or so, so you'll have plenty of company here and lots of people to support you! I have lots of hope and will be excited to hear all about your eggs fertilising and going on for transfer! Good luck! Thanks for the well wishes too hun - I really appreciate it

TL Yay! One sleep! I'm getting very excited for you now! Time to get that blankie finished, hey? Hope work is continuing to go well, hun.

scooby - all the best for this cycle so glad that you're here again and that they're be lovely ladies cycling at the same time as you to support you. Good luck!

Carla - hope you're doing ok! Such scares are not nice! Glad the BT showed everything is going along well - I'm sorry that you're having to go through this rollercoaster still, though. I hope the scan shows wonderful things that put you at ease some more

plc - hope the monitor results are ok, hun. Glad the palps have stopped at least. Green light is awesome! Happy to hear that it's full steam ahead for you shortly!

saph - very glad to hear the break is doing you good, hun. I was doing 3 to 4 hour rounds trips to get the clinic whilst I was in Central Vic this last couple of months, but without the screaming, so I could understand how much that takes it out of you! Congrats on the successful garage sale - a good days work

to illuminaughty, Adele, Janet and Janie and anyone else I might have missed. So glad to hear that so many people in the thread are moving forward, starting new cycles, whether they be the first or not. Lots of hope and good luck to you all!

Hugs,

Miss C

Hello ladies

Just though i would pop back in here as i moved over to the IUI thread but am now starting my first IVF cycle so its not appropriate for me to be there.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone in here again and following your (short) journeys!

Hey there ladies!!

miss c - not long for you now sweet - how u feelin? yeah, not long for me either - just want it to be next Tuesday now! I get heart results tonight so will keep u posted. Thanks for the info u sent me - i know it was a while ago but hope uv been ok since.

numa - huge hugs and GL for tomorrow!!!!

scooby - also huge hugs and GL for Saturday !!!

carla - yes, it is such a scary ride - hope all is better hun and sorry about ur scare!!

saph - i suppose u gotta go where u r more comfortable when it comes to this sort of thing - best of luck for ur 3hr drives

illuminaughty - hun fear is normal - stay brave and strong and we are all here for you sweet !!

TL & dellydoo - sweets - GL to you both this week - will be praying for you both and the other girls that all goes the way that it should leading to positive paths.

!!

Hey Team!!!!

It is so wonderful to have cycle buddies - TL and Numa! I started sniffing this morning and have the usual slight headache - looking forward to menopause!
    Sorry for no personals today - I have no internet at home at the moment and jump on at work when I should be...ummm, what's that word???...you know the thing with the pay and stuff - WORKING!!! Oops forgot.

Paula - welcome darling may your IVF ride be short and sweet

Miss C - are you on the plane already???
    hugs
    AAAxxx

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast