Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - May #2

smithy - good luck for ET

Nat - IVM works by only doing three days (or thereabouts) of FSH injections, doing a trigger injection, and then harvesting the eggs while they are still immature (around 8mm mark). You then have HRT support in the luteal phase and it takes an extra day for the embryos to grow (normal IVF blastocyst takes 5 days, IVM takes 6 days), the first day is spent maturing the eggs in the lab. Thats the short version of it all anyway

I went back to doing IVF this month as our previous two IVM cycles didn't work for us, but I still strongly believe that this will be the procedure of the future - cheaper, less invasive, quicker treament time, less drugs with good outcomes.

NAT025 Guest

Thats really good to know BecD thanks for that. How do you get tested for PCOS?
    I have mixed feelings this morning as I had a phone call from embryologist and was told I am having 2 x day 5 transferred today but they havent quite reached blast, they are compacting. I dont know if I want these transferred as to me they arent at the day 5 stage they should be. Has anyone had this done before and even know someone who got a BFP

Nat the best Chance your embies have is with you hun and they may florish inside you never know sending you some :bluesdust:

Bec Good luck sweetie hope all goes well

Bel - How are you hun?

Afternoon All,

Nat- I'm sure that your clinic wouldn't be transferring your little ones back into you if they didn't think it was the best thing to do. I know it is really hard not to stress at this stage, but I also agree that the best place for the embies is back in you. Stay strong and positive...we're all here for you.

TiggerLinda- I'm doing ok..just having a minor freakout today. You know how it is...just sick of the mind games, the begging with God...How are you doing?? Thanks for thinking of me

Big hugs
    Bel

Hello ladies

Im back to join you all again as AF arrived yesterday.

DH and i are keen to get back into it ASAP. Next available appointment with FS is 20th June so we will hopefully be starting from then.

Looking forward to following all your journeys.

Hi Paula, I'm so sorry to hear AF should up.
    that you get a BFP next cycle.

I should be joining all you ladies in a few days time on my first IVF cycle as AF is due in about 4+ days time.

Hope you all have a great night

barney Guest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO ALL OF YOU FOR ALL THE LOVELY MESSAGES DH AND I GOT WHEN WE GOT HOME TONIGHT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT GIRLS.

well we have one little beautiful very strong HATCHING blasty on board and im loven it im so happy ,its been a very long day we left at 5.30 this morning and have just got home so very tired and ready for bed .
    so im now in the TWW and again happy to be there we dont no if we have any to freeze but will no more tomorrow and for now im just so so proud to say that i have a BUZZI in me now..we called it buzzi ??
    goodnite all going to bed i feel like im still in the car.

GO MY LIL BUZZI PLEASE STICK FOR MUM

Paula - sorry to see you back hun hopefully June 20 will be a special date
    Smithy & Buzzi

Well I am back here with you wonderful ladies I got to pop my head into the TWW group for about 5 Days then nasty AF came for a visit so it is back to square one for me. Gonna ring the FS today to see when they want me to start on the Puregon and Pregnyl again I am also gonna have to get the script filled for my Pregnyl Trigger as we are gonna use that this cycle.
    So sending lots of sticky vibes hoping for some success soon.

wishingbaby shame to see you back here too. Hopefully the next cycle is the one for us

wishing baby & paula - sorry to see you both back in here

Quick question - for those who have been through EPU, how long did it take you to get back to normal? I've been through three now and the first two were painful but I recovered relatively easily. This time round I have so much more pain, plus referred pain in my ribs and shoulder, I'm completely bloated and just feel so crappy!

hi all
    paula: so sorry to hear about BFN, but good you're back on track to see fs. best wishes for you . BFP next time.

Nicole: welcome to lttc. wow 1st time so exciting and nerve racking. i only had 1st time in may. good luck hoping for bfp for you next time.

Smithy, grow buzzi grow. please stick for mummy

Wishing baby: hope this cycle is the one for you.:goodluck2:

nothing new for me, just plodding along still. hope if af come on time , about 20 june will be meeting with fs a few days later to organise froz tfer. 2 x bubs this time!!

luv to you all
    janet

Hi everyone,

I'm still in the TWW but like to see what's happening with all my friends in here. Hope you don't mind me hanging round!!

Bec- My first EPU I was in pain for a few days. This time round was really awful for me too. I had the same kind of pain you are describing. Right up under my ribs and in my shoulder.And I was so bloated I looked 4 months pg! It's actually wind believe it or not. They say that after EPU your ovaries are so bloated that somehow it creates wind. I was told to drink HEAPS of water, eat really small meals, avoid carbohydrates (which I never do and believe me it helped immensely) and to take a laxative called agarol. Within about 3 days of doing all this I felt amazingly better. Sorry if TMI but the best I felt would be if I could do lots of bottom burps so high fibre foods and the agarol will help you do that.
    I started out just with terrible pain from the invasivness of the op then ended up like you are now. I was petrified of OHSS but it all passed doing what my clinic told me to. I hope the pain goes soon. I know how bad it is. Rest up if you can and take good care of yourself.

Everyone else, I hope you are cruising along well and for everyone who is back in here after BFN's, I'm so sorry. Stay strong and positive that next cycle will be the one for you.

Hugs Bel

Hope

Evening everyone.

BecD - Yay at such great egg numbers. How are your embies doing? Hope all the discomfort passes soon too

Paula and wishing baby - so sorry you both have to be back in here. AF sucks! Hoping that next cycle is the one and you won't be in her for long at all

Bel - Hope those embies are behaving themselves in there! Not long to go until you get your BFP!

Smithy - go Buzzi, go, go!
    '
    Me - onto day 7 of injecting now and my ovaries have been realy aching. Don't remember getting this so early in prior cycles so goodness knows whats going on in there. Becase this is an IUI cycle, just praying i haven't overstimmed. First scan and BT tommorrow. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by MeredithD; June 5th, 2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: sorry, keep forgetting to turn of my sig

Thanks for the advice Bel, will definitely try the things you suggested. Am just in so much pain still and it is all over my ovaries, my stomach and in my sides as well!

No update on embies yet, should hear about their gradings tomorrow morning - can't wait to hear how they are going!

Hello All

Merideth :goodluck2: for this cycle
    Bel - sweet hope you are better soon

Me well 2 weeks on the pill today 2 weeks to go we pick up drugs next Wed

Name buddy - i haven't forgotten you - wishing you mountains of good wishes for next cycle sweet!!!

barney Guest

thanks all you girls for all your support.

bec HUNNY i to am getting the pain your talking about and in a way im glad to no its not just me as my pain got so bad yesterday i was taken to coffs harbour hospital and given pain relief all day but today im the same not so bad but still not good.so im also eating lots of soup for fluids and heaps of natural fruit and water,now im still this sore even after ive had my transfer so im just hopeing nothing hurt buzzi yesterday and he is ok,hang in there my sweet bel well get there.

TL.. this is the cycle for you hun im saying a heap of for us all good luk hun.
    JBM,SAPH,JANIE..PLC,BEL,BEC EVERYONE .. thank you for all thinking of me im thinking of you all as well take care
    HEY PAULA AND MERIDETH
    GROW BUZZI GROW

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast