Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #2

Good luck Missy!

Thanks Deni, I did the same with IUI and wished in the end that I had'nt. We have decided not to talk about IVF, except for here of course. Glad your scan went well.
    Dusty, hope the clinic gets onto you soon, the stress the stress!!!
    I am going to try to grab onto these valueable bits of info, like the hot water bottle on your tum, (makes a lot of sense)
    Hi to the rest of the girls, there are a lot of faces in here, it's going to be hard to keep up.

blackduckies - i am the same, the only place i talk about IVF and everything else is in here which is an absolute godsend ...

I am off to the clinic tomorrow morning for my blood test to see how I am responding to the Lucrin and I get to pick up my FSH (complete in a cooler lunch bag type package - how sweet - they pack it up on an ice pack so it stays cool whilst hidden in my bag away from beavering eyes in the office ) ... and then await the next instructions ... getting closer and closer to that EPU ...

i trigger tonight and EPU is thurs. yipeee!!!

Good luck, Dusty!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who gave me such wonderful advice and support yesterday. I had a long chat with DH, and we've talked about the whole Christmas thing, and the need to draw the line in the sand with regards to our families. We'll be working on a statement to send to them shortly, telling them exactly what we want in terms of their support. Dusty, your PM is going to come in handy when we get to that stage, so thank you. We also discussed some old coping strategies of mine, and conveniently, a cross stitch kit arrived in the mail for me, I started on it yesterday...

I would be feeling wonderful if it weren't for the lucrin headache that has taken up residence today. I recall the synarel ones being worse, so was relieved with the lucrin last time... but I'm suffering with it now. Probably my own fault as the sudden cold weather (sydney-siders will know what I mean!) is making it a bit difficult to focus on keeping hydrated enough.

BW

Melsta Good luck with the bt tomorrow hun.

DW yay on the trigger and EPU. Well done hun. all goes well.

BW sorry your still stuggling with the headaches. Yes I had problems too with the syrenal spray. Not good at all. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone else is well.

Awesome Dusty, all the best!!!

Hey everyone

Today was my first day without the pill, and boy can I already feel the difference. Aside from feeling less teary and emotional, I think my BBs are deflating by the minute LOL! I was worried about going up a cup size (yes, that's right, a cup size in 3 weeks!) and whether I'd fit into my wedding dress! I guess I still have the stims and TTW to go through before the wedding, so I guess we'll see what happens to BBs next!! Just waiting now for AF and my scan next week (13 Nov) to see when I can start stims.

Melsta, you are such a sweetie! You sound like you were in the room listening to our conversation about sharing what's going on for me in IVF with DF, all the ups and downs and how it is and should be the same in the rest of our relationship / marriage that's about to take place! Spot on! You're brilliant! Wedding preps are going well - did lots of stuff today (placecards, arranging music for the ceremony, etc. etc.) which has taken my mind of TTC really well - I know I'm really really lucky to have this in my life at the moment (the wedding about to happen, I mean), and a shot at conceiving - although the process is arduous and difficult for us all - is like an added bonus when you think about it positively. So much to look forward in the rest of our lives together!! You're a lovely DW to look after DH like you do and understand/anticipate the effects it has on him too - what a strong and supportive woman you are!

Missy WOOOO HOOOOO! Fabulous news, honey! So positive and excited for you! Rest up well, take care of yourself and keep those happy, happy vibes going! Grow little embies, grow!!

deni great to hear your CD9 scan has gone well! I hope you're getting some good news about when IUI is going to happen. Fingers crossed for you!

hey dusty hope you're feeling ok, hun. I can imagine how frustrating it can be to know the next step is waiting on those follies to do their thing properly. Fingers crossed for good news about when the trigger will be -sooner rather than later - and that everthing keeps going on track. Thinking of you lots, hun.

HollyBolly I've just noticed your lovely little avatar after people's comments - are you a pianist?

Hugs and hello to all!

Miss C

Best news possible, dusty! So thrilled for you! Take care

slyder Guest

Miss C, one of the things DW hated most about this FET cycle was having to take the pill. It actually did have a noticeable affect on her mood, and made her quite flat and downcast. Fortunately, our clinic actually agreed to the possibility of a natural cycle in a couple of months as they are changing the way they program their patients cycles. DW most impressed.

slyder Guest

Also Miss C, your cycle results and wedding/honeymoon would have to overlap, would they not?

Excellent news dusty !! great to have an EPU date!

Looks like I'll be joining you in terms of date, tho the procedure is different, I got a call from the nurse after lunch today to say to take the trigger today & my appt is Thurs morning.

Slyder, yes, that's right. We originally thought when we commenced this cycle (and the information we received was incorrect at first - we weren't informed properly by clinic staff) that the cycle would be over and we'd have a result a little while before the wedding, say a week or two. We were very keen to get a cycle in before Christmas in particular, and the fact that it was close to the wedding wasn't a factor in our mind - we just thought of how very lucky we were to be at the right time in my natural cycle to start. It's turned out to be much closer than we obviously originally anticipated! I figure I'll be going through Crinone symptoms in the lead-up to the wedding if everything goes to plan, and probably waiting for the cycle result exactly around the day of the wedding, which is going to be interesting (!) but I'm viewing this as positively as possible - we have such wonderful things happening in our lifes (DF and myself) overall, we're hoping it makes the process of going through the cycle (more) bearable and perhaps (without too much expectation) that we'll have bonus good news in our life around the day of the wedding.

The reason we were so keen to get a cycle in before Christmas to start with is because we have a limited time to try IVF here in Australia before we are moving overseas... DF is a Brit (Aussie resident for about 14 years) and we're due to move back to his home as a new start together next year. This has been planned even before we knew IVF was really a necessity for us, hence the desire to try and get 2 cycles in before we left - one before Christmas, and one afterwards. We feel very lucky to have the opportunity to try this now, given our circumstances, and given it's importance, we will cope with it being around the wedding as best as possible

Eeek! Sorry about the big explanation and rant about it all - I think I've been needing to talk about it as I kind of feel slightly foolish and perhaps judging myself that I've taken on board too much, too much for us both

DW must be wrapped not to have to worry about the pill in the new year for your too. That is really good news to hear. The knowledge that she won't have to go through that particular stress will surely help you both in your next cycle - less stressed/even just slightly more relaxed during the cycle can only be a good thing leading towards getting the right result! I hope so Positive news already for the new year.

Yay Dusty!!!

I told you everything would be just perfect.. and it is as it should be

Just so thrilled for you - Keep calm now for the next part (well as calm as can be expected ).. and keep talking nicely to that cyst so it plays nice for you

Miss C - I'm a piano teacher (in answer to your question about my avatar!).. Kathryn did a wonderful job, she's just perfect - If only!!!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dusty & Sharon !!! Trigger tonight!

slyder Guest

Miss C, I can't see how you're being foolish. It makes sense why you're doing what you're doing and if you can both handle the combination of two major events then that's awesome. I envy you moving to the UK (I assume by Brit you mean English, not Scottish or Welsh). I have a big thing about Cornwall, but could live most places in England as long as it wasn't Manchester or London. It's something I want to do but life has got in the way. I vaguely suggested to DW that we do it if she isn't pregnant by this time next year (as we are both still young), but we are both fairly settled where we are and plus I'm not sure a big move would ever resolve my perpetual inability to stay focussed or interested in much.

As for the next cycle, we reckon we'll probably go with both our blasties.

Holly, I wonder if you have any students like I used to be. I was forced to do piano as a kid for a few years and hated it. No-one these days knows I did it though, and no-one would ever guess! Despite years of trying to forget, I find myself still able to read music and play some basic songs.

slyder Guest

Good luck Dusty and Deni (sounds like a two piece country group) Hope things go great for both of you.

Melsta, all the best with the BT tomorrow.

Will try for more personals tomorrow. I just can't focus on anything at the moment, as soon as I read something it's out of my head again. It's frustrating.

Melsta, hope everything is going nicely for you. With my IUI you get a lovely orange cooler bag, nearly fluro so a bit hard to hide, but I guess the only people who are going to really notice are the ones going through the same thing.
    Dusty, am glad that you get to trigger, I guess a big relief. Roll around Thursday, can't wait to hear your numbers.
    Deni, good luck!!!! Do they do a US before the insem?
    Slyder, I am with your DW the pill makes me so depressed, very glad to be off it and onto spray.
    Missy, I guess you are going to try hard to stay busy in here for the next 13 days.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast