Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #2

Morning all. Hope you are all well

Miss c so Glad your finnished the pill. LOL @ worried about going up a size. Wish I had that problem...lol. Thanks for the vibes hun I need as many as I can get. How beautiful will it be to be pg on your wedding day hun. I hope that happens for you. Good luck.

deni All the best with the trigger and appoint hun.

blackduckies trying my hardest to stay busy. Why does it have to be so long.

Hey ladies. If I had my epu last thurd and transfered yest when do you think it would be safe to test?? Just asking and not really sure If ill do it or not. JUst wondering.

Well better get ready. Have a lovely day all.

DW can you text me and let me know how you got on. ( re trigger ) and what time you had it.

Top of the morning to you all .. and isnt it a fine day in Sydney - not ... i stupidly wore inappropriate shoes for this sudden onset of huge downpours in the city this morning so yes - wet shoes hmmmm oh well thems the breaks I might just potter around my office barefoot lolol

Went and had my b/t this morning and received my nice bright blue cooler bag with my Puregon pen and trigger injection (we got the trigger that needs the liquid mixed in with the powder - who else has had that one??) ... so will await phone call this afternoon as to when we actually commence the whole FSH stage ...

We had to go to our local police station last night to get them to witness our consent forms oh the look on the constables face when we told him what he needed to witness these for ... a nice scarlet shade of red ... poor guy

dusty - excellent news there hun, hope everything went ok with the trigger and not long to go now for you - makes it easier when you have that EPU date ... your way that all continues smoothly ...

BW - hope the headache eases for you and you are feeling better soon hun

blackduckies - thanks for the well wishes hun, all going ok just feeling a bit off from my AF atm but cant wait to find out when the FSH starts, then I will feel like I am getting somewhere !!

Miss C - doesnt it make a difference coming off the pill !! I was soo glad to have stopped it and was expanding in all areas I didnt want too ... Sounds like it is all happening for you now, not only with the wedding but perhaps an imminent move o/s as well. I would have done the same thing in your shoes in getting the cycle in before xmas .... Glad my thoughts helped but yes you do have so much positive energy in your life at the moment ... so what colour scheme is your wedding? We had red as my DH thought it portrayed the colour of passion perfectly ....

Missy - good to see that you are coping thus far and trying to keep busy ... sending your way that everything goes smoothly !!

Morning and a big to those I missed ... hope you all have a great day ...

Melsta, I've had the trigger you mix yourself. It's really not as bad as it looks!

Missy, blasts tend to have very low levels of HCG initially, probably not worth testing before your blood test.

Sneaking on at work while on class again - naughty BW! But that's why it's quick and short right now.

BW

slyder Guest

Melsta, our trigger was the same. It looks ugly, and you wouldn't want to do it every night, but it really isn't as bad as it seems.

Missy, if you can't wait until the BT, I'd probably do it the day before or the morning of the BT. It certainly doesn't hurt to be forewarned. But your trigger shot prior to EPU is actually hcG, the same stuff they use to detect a pregnancy so you need to give that time to be absorbed by your body otherwise you'll get a positive whether you're pregnant or not. And if you have to do hcG boosters during your TWW (some people do, some don't) then I wouldn't test at all.

Thanks Slyder & BW for the update on that - I took one look at everything spread out on the nurse's table this morning and went why oh why cant DH be here for this to watch and learn as well .... still I can show him it all tonight and then it is over to him to do the injecting again lolol

Help!!! Scan showed I have 20 follis on each side. 40 in total Dr has dropped dose by 50iu for 2 days then rescan but says it is 50/50 chance of cancellation. I don't know what to think at this point. Its so NOT what I expected. I have always responded REALLY slowly. Am assuming there is nothing I can do? Just keep drinking my water and see what Friday brings? I feel sad, but I guess there is still hope some will not keep growing. Anyone got any experiences in this?

OMG Baby Bliss, take care of yourself, I think BW suggested drinking sports type drinks to help with OHSS as well as the water??? I hope it does'nt come to that, I hope it really slows some down for you. Good luck with everything.
    Melsta, I freaked with the injections, I was so afraid I might drop a bottle or shatter it trying to get into it, but it's not that bad, get DH to hold it while you mix it, put something cold on your tum for a while, before the injection does'nt hurt anywhere as much and helps with the bruising as well.
    Missy it's not long when you are not looking forward to something, but when you want it to rush by it feels like years?????
    Hi to everyone else, I haven't had time to read everything yet will check in later and see if I can catch up.

hey deni, i hope your trigger went well. woo hoo for thurs hey

kell, hun they still have you on stims so they sound like they are still planning on going ahead. that is a lot of follies. do you know what your E2 levels were? BW had OHSS and i am sure she will give you some advice. did they change your protocol this time around?

MM, wanting to test already hun? lol, i hear you the TWW is a tough time. can you try and distract yourself with some plans, treats etc. do you want to come to canberra and go to the movies with me? i have tomorrow off for EPU hun to answer your question my EPU is tomorrow at 9am, so nice and early which suits me.

miss_c, goss on your wedding would be great distraction ATM glad you are feeling better off the pill. i have never taken it so don't know what it feels like. you have taken on a lot hun, but hearing your reasons it all sounds like a really good idea. the idea is you wont have to give it a go after xmas anyway! i have heard IVF is more $xxy in the UK - is this true?

melsta, way to go, you have your bag and drugs. if you have any questions about the pregnyl perhaps make some time to chat to the nurse. i didn't do this and when it came time the first time, i got a bit bamboozled and had to ring the nurse late in the evening - it was a bit stressful. i should have been a bit more prepared. i have been taking it every two days recently and it can be a little fiddly. ROFL imagining the police reactions. perhaps it was a first for them. i normally use a nurse at the clinic to witness ours.

BW, i am glad the list was helpful hun and that you have a 'plan'. GL with implementing it.

BD (pam), whoops i just realised using BD has other connotations! it is going to be great hun. you will know more than most of us doing our first IVF after doing IUI. stay positive and focus on growing those follies...hope the your munchkins are doing well

thanks for all the well wishes folks. i triggered at my bestfriends last night. they were cheering me on, but the bloomin needle was blunt or my belly is just toughening up, and i couldn't get it in through my skin properly until the third go. so i got three puncture wounds! it didn't sting though as my clinic now use Ovadril which is already premixed.

Its my first cycle, and they dont do bloods, just scans. I've only stimmed 5 days!!!

babybliss - sorry to hear that news hun but i hope it all works out. cant give you much advise will leave that to the other more knowledgable gals in here but know that my thoughts are with you and i hope it keeps going ahead .. for you hun ...

blackduckies - thanks for the tip on cooling my tum down, I was wondering how to lessen the impact as I am just starting to get bruising now ... I cant believe how tiny those bottles look and fragile too .. but thankfully I think we have 3 of everything just in case something goes wrong. with my DH doing them i doubt it, he tends to be very good at all this injecting side of things I have discovered i told him he has found his true calling

dusty - your poor belly though for the 3 puncture wounds but at least you have triggered now hun .... good luck for tomorrow morning will be thinking of you and sending your way. Good advice re the nurses! I am normally the type to email them so I can get everything out in writing but have been known to show up on their doorstep so to speak freaking out luckily the clinic is only 5 min walk from my office ... yes that poor officer, we had to get it done there as DH had to sign it all too and couldnt make it to the clinic with me this morning ..

I got the call from the clinic this afternoon and I start FSH on Monday 12th ... so have all my dosages written down ready to rock and roll Monday and then I go back for follow up blood test on Thursday morning ... step by step we are getting there ...

Hope everyone's day is going well ... I will pop back in a bit later on ...

Ciao bellas ...

Kell,

They will be doing the best they can for you sweet in realtion to OHSS my FS looks at cancellation as a last resort and they may still EPU. I feel for you soo much take care rest up and stay strong

Linda

Kell, I've been in a similar situation. My first stim cycle, we got to EPU, but didn't get to transfer. I woke up with the magic words "freeze all" on my hand along with the number 26. For us, they started to get worried at my first scan. At the second scan, I was told I had enough dominant follicles to go to EPU, but if I'd stayed with lots and lots of small ones, it wouldn't have been worth collecting. They will do their best to get those eggs collected, but remember if they are talking cancelling it's because they don't feel they'll get any eggs worth using. If you get to EPU and they suggest freezing all, don't fight it. I was sick for three weeks with my case of OHSS, I've never been so scared or felt so unwell in my entire life! OHSS gets worse if pregnant, I only stayed out of hospital through stubbornness and sheer bloody-mindedness (I refused to go because I couldn't fit into any clothing, and wasn't going to go in my pjs in case I saw a student there), if we'd transferred and it was successful, I'm told I would have most likely enjoyed a long stay in ICU fighting for my life. It is scary! Rest, keep hydrated, follow your clinic's instructions. As disappointing as it would be to cancel, or collect and then freeze, remember that it's all in the interest of keeping you safe and well. I'm still at work, but I'll be home shortly (after medicare), feel free to PM me to ask more.

BW

Thanks everyone.

I would be quite happy to get to epu and not transfer. Well, not thrilled, but at least feel it wasn't all for nothing sort of. I just have to hope that not all the 40 that are there today, keep growing. I am drinking 2+litres of water and powerade, but so far, I don't actually feel sick or anything, just a bit tired and slightly tender ovaries. I was not expecting this at all, and so am a bit shocked too I think. I have always taken weeks to stim (eg in IUI).

I completely agree with what you have said, and if we DO end up cancelled and tack on yet another few months delay, then so be it I guess. Its not the end of the world, I'd rather than than be as sick as you have described (sounds dreadful you poor thing). I am trying to be rational and practical, though I am sure I will be disappointed in the event of it all ending here. I just have to see what Friday brings, but I don't feel too hopeful. Thanks for such a detailed and helpful reply BW.

Hello all,

Well today has been abit on the slow side. Awww I hope the rest are at least normal or go fast.

Also rang the FS today and my blastie that was abit slow didnt make it. So this is it for us. These two are the last. Oh I hope it works

Melsta yay on picking up your meds hun. Its all happening.

slyder and BW I dont think ill test before. Ill just leave till BT

Baby Bliss wow on the follies. That is huge hun. Make sure you take care hun. Oh hun I really hope all works out for you. Good luck hun

dusty good luck tomorrow with it all. I would go to the movies with ya if I could. Awww that would have been fun.
    Last edited by Missy; November 7th, 2007 at 05:23 PM.

Hi everyone.

HollyBolly: Wow, I'm a piano teacher too!

Slyder: DF is English, as you guessed. His family currently live in Dorset, which I have fallen in love with, although DF has a thing for Cornwall like you! I think the dream is a cottage in Cornwall in the future for us, but like you prefer, we're looking for jobs everywhere except London and the midland cities - even Wales and Scotland (Well, DF is looking for jobs - I won't until I know the outcome of AC here in Australia). Who knows? Maybe if things haven't gone to plan for you and DW by this time next year (it goes without saying it's your dear hope, and it's shared by all here) a change would be good? There is time I know time is always of the essence when trying to conceive, but there should always, always be time to look after one's self and partner in the difficult battles we all face.

Blackduckies: How are going on the spray? Do you know yet when you are due to start stims? Hope you're doing ok

Missy: How are you feeling after EPU yesterday, sweetie? I know the TWW is agony, especially after all we go through in IVF, but hang in there. One day at time. Maybe I can get you to help me with my wedding preparations for the next two weeks for some distractions!! Thinking of you and your little sticky one.

Melsta: Great news, hun!! 12th is only just over half a week away!! And you're a day before I'm due to start stims! Hope you're feeling ok The colours for my wedding are dark red and cream, and we're having roses (garden and more formal ones) and gum leaves and blossoms. I'm starting to think we were twins in a former life, you and me with all our similarities! :P

Kell: I really hope, as you say, that what you've been through this cycle isn't all for nothing. I know that would be so difficult. But it really sounds like that they're going to try and get you through as best as possible given you're still on stims now. BW is spot on - your health is yours and your doctor's priorities so you keep hanging in there looking after yourself, even though it's not going to quite to plan. Another suggestion for hydration would be to dehydration sachets from the chemist - they help you to hold on the fluid you put in your body as best as possible by keeping the salt balance in your body correct, even better than iso-sports drinks (but in much the same way).

dusty how are you doing today after your trigger hun?! Have you heard when EPU you will be yet? hope your ok

Today's been a bit of a wipe out for me. I worked this morning and planned to use this afternoon to continue with some wedding preparations but I've got as far as the couch with the new Grey's Anatomy DVDs I treated myself to recently. I've had a hot flush and been really spacey all afternoon - the hot flush was horrible and the spaciness is just annoying as I want to get on with things. This email has taken *forever* to write! Can't concentrate. And I'm blahing. I can tell. I think now that the pill is out of my system it's given room for the synarel side effects to come up. Grrrr.

Hugs to all,

Miss C

Miss c yes I need some thing to keep my mind off.

Awww dont you hate it when you just in a days/dreamland. I have them alot lately and dont know why. Hope the meds are good to you.

Take care

Thanks for the tips Miss_c. I'll check those sachets out tomorrow.

slyder Guest

Kell, all the best with it and I hope you can at least get eggs to freeze even if you can't transfer this time around. On the bright side, at least you know your body responds to the drugs!

Miss C, Dorset is another of my favourites! I could easily live there. I have no idea how the Pommie health system works but I imagine as non-citizens we'd be up for an enormous amount to undertake treatment over there, in the same way as it would be exxy to do it here without our mate Medicare.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast