Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #2

Deni – glad to hear that today went well for you and good to see they are checking things as well I will keep my fx for you as well hun over the next 2WW

Tiggerlinda – yay aunty – how exciting and yes spoil them rotten !!

Dusty – congrats on the 6 eggs hun – and it only takes 1 sweetie …. things have improved for you on last time so there is good signs for you already. Good luck for the results today ……

BG – good news that you are finally starting – all the best for stims … next week will be here before you know it !

Blackduckies – glad that everything got answered for you with your FS – and could that you are feeling positive with him …

Mel – so sorry to hear about your FIL … no matter how sick ppl can be you can never prepare yourselves for the unfortunate passing and subsequent emotions that follow IYKWIM … my thoughts are with you both during this time …

Shan – how do you find the acupuncture and herbs ? Do you think it helps? Our FS told us we are not to take any herbs or vitamins other than what they allow so that they have better control, acupuncture was allowed but nothing more …

Miss C – sounds like the wedding plans are coming along nicely .. and 70 is a great number. Hope the arrival of your IL’s doesn’t cause you too much strees. As to the whole AF thing I asked the nurses the same question and they said that if it didn’t arrive by a set date they just delay the start of the next phase …. My AF arrived on the Sunday and I had my last pill on the Friday before, but my AF is still here and shows no signs of going away, so I am nervous about that in itself …. What happens if AF is still here by the time I start FSH thought they said it didn’t matter … I think you should give them a call hun and ask them, surely you can speak to the nurses and see what they have to say about it …

I got a call from our FS yesterday who advised that they will more than likely be doing ICSI on the day of EPU due to my DH factors, the scientists have apparently being reviewing our file and have decided letting his swimmers go it alone wont have much of an effect based on the current data … so I guess that is a good thing in one way that at least the swimmers will make it through if not by sheer force of the scientists …

Hope everyone is otherwise well and looking forward to the weekend ..

slyder Guest

Miss C, careful what you wish for, one day we may appear on your doorstep

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure that when DW went off the pill to start the stim cycle they told her not to worry whether AF came or not as it wouldn't affect the cycle, and that it may start but not be a normal period, but in any event they'd just make any modifications to the cycle as required. As I said, not 100% but I wouldn't panic. And by all means, ask your clinic.

miss c, i have heard other girls talk of having AF delayed after coming off the pill. i had a delay on AF when on lucrin for my first down reg. your bloods (progesteron level) should predict when AF will show. it may be just around the corner hun.

missy, as always xx

shannon, i hope AF shows her head soon for you too hun! GL

holly, you are a rock and wise beyond your years. your posts have had the most calming influence on me. thank you thank you. your and slyder suggestion of re reading arielles story was sheer brilliance xx

mel, i am so sorry about your FIL. it must have been a tough week. thinking of you and your DH.

deni, sending you lots of vibes - hey we need all the help we can get so bring on the fertility doll...i love your description of the prom.

melsta, woo hoo, here is to wishing you all the best with ICSI now

to everyone for your well wishes a huge thank you.

turns out missy called the lucky number for us as we have 3 embies going strong. DH and i are over the moon. DH was so cute this morning. yesterday he had the vibe from a higher being that there was one embie on the way, this morning he said the vibe/msg was stronger and he thought there were at least 2. i him ever more.

Oh, dusty! I'm so pleased for you and DH! This is wonderful news! xo

Melsta, that's a really positive thing It's nice to know that the little men/women in white jackets and horn-rimmed glasses are looking out for you and DH with the "data" stuff. Great to hear!

Thanks for the advice about AF guys - I think I'll go off and call my clinic. Last time I spoke to a nurse there though, she was rude and patronising to me, so I'm not exactly keen to be asing them the "dumb" questions anymore...

Anyway, I'm sure it will be fine

Two good newses today so far! Woohoo!!

barney Guest

aww dusty 3 little embies is just wonderful well done hun
    when is transfer???

hi to all hope you are all well im just plodding along and lurking.
    still working hard to save for the $$ we actually got out cheque back from medicare so that will really help for ivf # 2 and i cant wait as i have good feeling about this next cycle
    well for now take care all and have a great weekend

good idea miss_c, we pay a fortune for the service so i say use it to ease your mind and get good answers.
    smithy, not too long for you now hun. great news on the cheque and your savings.

ET is either sunday or tuesday depending how they look on sunday morning. we have never been able to make it to blastie stage due to low numbers. either way we don't care. i would prefer to have them back in me asap. i am feeling quite protective at the moment

Dusty, fantastic news on your 3 embies !!! !!! it's sounding so positive!!

Shannon - My friends all say I've become super-superstitious since TTC... I have a heap of things on the go now... My latest from my previous IUI was planting Baby's Breath seeds (gypsophila) - I'd highly recommend that to anyone. It's a bit of a positive meditation to go out there daily to water them, and when they sprout it's exciting! Out of my whole packet tho i have one sprouting strong, and two other smaller ones - but I had been slack in not watering regularly, and I didn't cover them in the initial stages so I think snails got to them. So for extra success, make a little incubator out of a clear plastic bottle cut in half, or something similar over a tray to protect from snails and keep the moisture in, and mist with water daily. My plan is to send a little cutting of the white flowers to family when our future baby is born. (I also gave packets of seeds to my closest friends and family to help with the positive thinking!)

Sorry I haven't got to everyone in this post but thinking of you all. I'd better get back to work...

YAY DUSTY!!!!!

What brilliant, brilliant news... I love it when I get to say I told you so!!!

3 is just an amazing result - thats a 50% fert result, which is just as good as anyone else!!!

See, who says those embryologists know what they're talking about all of the time?!

The thing is - People can believe whatever they wish to believe, but regardless of how 'realistic' we tell ourselves to be, I just think when its meant to happen, its meant to happen xxx

These little ones are fighters, and if nothing else, its shows that your eggs aren't anywhere near giving up and moving over for donor eggs at this stage

Good on you for being so positive - now just sit back and wait, regardless of whether they go in sooner or if they go to blast, you've already proven everybody wrong... and even surprised yourselves... AND you've gotten further than ever before, so you're moving forward and closer with every step xxx

I am just so thrilled for you, Sweetie

Dusty - i am soo happy for you to hear that news - how sweet is your DH saying he has the vibes, oh what a great set of little embies ... and I hear you re the protective stage, as our FS said to us, their is no incubator like that of our bodies so as soon as they are ready I am sure you will be glad to have them back and settling in ... thanks for the positive thoughts re ICSI, I am sure this is the better way to go, at least they dont have to do any hard work the little swimmers lol they can take it easy and float around the pool .... picking up all the chicks

deni - that is such a good idea to do things to enhance the positive thinking side of IVF, superstitious or not I say good on you and keep it all up ... I keep talking to my body lolol as weird (?) as that sounds (not out loud of course but I like to give myself positive reassurance)

miss_c - yeah it is positive i think at first we were a bit taken aback but after re-reading our little blue bible they gave us at the start we realise this is actually a better chance than just letting them get through on their own ... 2 more days and then it is double injections for me ... how did you go with the clinic ? You know what though hun, there are no dumb questions in this process and the fault lies with them if that is how they perceive your questions... dont ever think that questions are dumb as this is not a normal process by any means and we are entitled to ask whatever questions we want to, especially with the amount of time and money that is involved from each of us !!!

How is everyone's days going so far? I'm looking forward to knock off time though to head home, have wine and pizza with my DH and a night snuggling on the couch ..

OK Ok

First of im sorry to all you lovely ladies but still not doing personals as im a little emotional over Dusty's new. Not going to go on.

Im just going to copy what I wrote in your thread DW.

Hope all you others are well too. xxxxx

***** MISSYWipes tears away from her eyes******

I told you hun. 3 is the lucky number. You have now idea how happy I am for you and DH. Thing might look abit bleak some times but that doesnt mean there isnt good news around the corner as you see now.

Ok the hard bit is over.

BRING ON THE TWW .....

Congtrats to you and DH . xxxxx

Im all emotional now. So much for wipeing the tears away. Need tissues now......lol Oh Gosh come on Missy pull yourself together!!!

DW we did it. Lets bring on the BFP hun. xxx

Awesome news Dusty - fantastic!!!

Had my scan today, I have 30 follicles, and she gave me the option of EPU or cancellation. No transfer. I opted for EPU but and terrified of ohss developing. I just feel sick at the thought of cancelling as well. Dr says if she thought I would be in serious danger she would cancel me, but that I still could get some degree of illness, and if I was ok with that prospect, I could go ahead and have retrieval. I trust her, and want to go ahead... but I am so scared. EPU will be Monday, she will call me Wednesday to let me know whats happening with embies etc. I am relieved, but scared too.

Kell fingers crossed for Monday keep resting and being well

Oooo it's thunderstorming in Melbourne at the moment - I love thunder!

Kell, it's sooooo good that it looks like this cycle isn't going to be for nothing. That's the biggest thing to get out of this, and it's wonderful. It's a really positive result, even though it's not the ideal. But, I can't imagine how scared you are at the moment - please take care of yourself! If at all you aren't feeling well on the weekend, you must put yourself first. I'll be praying that you are ok on the weekend and that when Monday comes you'll be fine and you'll have the result you want. Thinking of you - a really good step at the moment!

Dusty - still excited as can be since I heard your news earlier on this morning, only it's sinking in a little bit more now! HOW BRILLIANT for you an DH!!! I have such a good feeling, as it seems everyone does! Praying for you and fingers crossed too!!

Ok will do some personals now. Over my little emotional state...heheh..lol

Oh Babybliss I really hope things are ok. Id feel the same. Id want to have EPU and not cancelle but its scarey too hun. I hope all goes well hun. Ill be thinking of you. BIGGGGGGESSTTTT GOOOOOD LUCKKKKKK hun

Melsta yes my day have been nice. Went to the shops with DS Callum and picked up some of his photos I had done. Went to claim my IVF cycle. wowowoowhhhhoooo got $1084 back to pretty happy with that. Came home and had lunch, put callum to sleep and watched a DVD. He is still sleeping. Hope you have a nice night with pizza and wine oh and dont forget DH...hehehe

miss_c good luck with the clinic hun. Hope all is ok. Oh sorry hun have done the place cards with a friend and wow there was alot...Not for me but thanks anyway for trying to keep my mind of the TWW.

Shannon22 hope AF comes for you soon so you can be on your way. Good luck with it all hun.

Well better go and hi to the rest of you and hope you are all doing well.

Cheers

bye xxx

Oh Dusty thats the greatest news........your so positive and that the way to be.....I hope those little embies keep on growing...good luck with it all sweetie.......i have good vibes too just like your DH...xxxxx

Kell - gosh hun, alot to take in I bet but you still get to have your EPU and that is such a great thing in itself ..... Believe in what your Dr says, and in your own body .. she has done this enough times to know, and you also know in your own body, what you can and can't take, and the fact that this hasnt been all in vain as miss_c said is the positive outcome ...

I hope that you continue to feel well and look after yourself and can take it easy all this weekend, I will be thinking of you, positive thoughts all the way for the most positive of outcomes ... and for you ...

Missy - good to see that you have had a nice day ... that's a nice little claimback indeed and good to have that money back . We only just wrote the cheque out youch lol alotta money gone from the account now ... but oh so worth it ...

Thanks everyone, feel better about it as I go on. Seems right to give my body a rest and recover before a potential pregnancy.

On the OHSS thing, should I be resting all weekend? Or is going out for a walk etc ok?

Missy, sounds like a lovely arvo for you! Good claimback too - I forgot about that bit!!!

Miss_c, we go that thunder too, I love it! (We are just nth of melb). Good luck with the clinic stuff.

Melsta - have a wonderful evening!

Thanks TL, how are you feeling?

Sorry to those I have missed, trying to catch up from this morning!

Kell,

I am well pushing right on forward not much to report till I see the AP tomorrow.

I would say rest if you can you just don't want to push things

Hugs and Hi to everyone

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast