Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #4

Tiggerlinda, thanks I hope that is the case for me and we get a few at least....Hope you love the new job.

miss c I will check tomorrow, I'm sure things went well for you but I hope it's WHOO HOO good!!!

Melsta, I believe the synarel will keep them at bay and let the little ones catch up. How it works???? I don't know but it seems too. They estimate they grow at 2mm a day, I was reading a bit last night and I found a site that said the biggest follies they had had were 35?? They would'nt let you go on if you were going to lose good ones.

BG good luck for tomorrow, I will be checking up to see how you went tomorrow night.

Dusty and Dusty's boy, best of luck for tomorrow hun, I hope it is implantation bleeding that you have experienced or the crinone. Hoping so hard it hurts that BOB has settled in..Hugs.

Mel thanks hun. What's happening with you??

Hi to you all, I hope I have good news tomorrow night.
    Last edited by blackduckies; November 22nd, 2007 at 04:01 PM. Reason: "shocking spelling"'

Melsta - They did the same with me this time and all way ok with the big one

Hi everyone
    Have to be quick today, although I would love to stay for much longer and send you more and much better personals...

TL - congratulations on your new job! Way to go!! xo
    BD - Hang in there hun, you just have one more night to go before you know what's going on. You've been doing so well to wait for day 9 scan. I hope it goes really well.
    Melsta - OOOOo! What wonderful follie numbers you have! Fantastic!! If your FS is letting them go some more it means they're confident that you can be safe to go for even more and get the most out of this stim cycle. Synarel will hold it all back until it's time! We're twins again, you and me, tell you what! Monday's going to be the day, I can feel it
    Dusty - I will be thinking of you and sending you all the wishes and hope I can possibly muster for tomorrow. Lots and lots of hugs.
    Nicole - best of luck for EPU tomorrow - I hope you're doing well
    Kell - Hope you're doing ok, love.
    Mel1977 - How's it doing, hun? Hanging in there?
    BG - lots of wishes for your scan being a good result tomorrow.
    BW - haven't seen you in here for a couple of days - I really hope your ok, hun xo

ILs arrived safeky this morning from UK, although 2 hours late and minus all their luggage! Waiting for luggage to show up overnight.
    Had my scan just before midday today, and all looks really well. I have 10 follies all up that the dominant, 13-14mm each (all a good even size, which is nice). It's confirmed - I will be triggering either Sat or Sun night, depending on when MIVF can squeeze me into their hectic schedule for EPUs. DF and I have indicated an extreme preference for Monday, as Tuesday EPU will mean Thurs ET (MIVF do 2 day transfers on you're first ever cycle) when we're due to head off to Tassie. I'll find out what day we're looking at tomorrow afternoon.

So, it's all going vvvvvery well! Much happier to know that we're back on track after a shaky start! Will be back later tomorrow to see how everyone is going.

Lots of hugs and thinking of you all, lovelies. Hope you're all doing well.

Miss C

erm... no... I'm not really ok.

I'm hyperstimulating again - badly! My levels now are higher than they ever were in my first cycle, and it's scaring me to death.

I'm still not sure when I'll get to EPU. Praying for Sunday rather than Monday.
    I know I will not transfer with this cycle.
    I know I'm going to get very sick. It seems likely that I will wind up in hospital this time.

But this seems to be my peculiar little battle to fight every time. I'm trying to focus on the fact that I've got through it before, I can get through it again, but I'm mostly paralysed by fear right now.

BG has a full time job on her hands talking me down, good thing she's on leave at the moment or I don't know what I'd do!

And yup, it's scary. I don't want to frighten people going through IVF for the first time. I'm an oddball, worst case scenario, walking disaster. And that's why I'm fairly quiet right now.

BW

Hi All!
    OMG BW! I am so sorry to hear that. I know nothing I can say will make you feel better, but I really hope you find the strength to get through these next few weeks ok. I am sure you will, you come across as a very determined & strong willed person.
    TL - congratulations on the new job! Do you start before or after xmas rush/break?
    Miss C - You sound like wonder woman sometimes - organising a wedding, IVF, visit from the Outlaws (that's what I fondly call my IL's). Your wedding is actually my MIL's birthday! I remember planning our wedding, everything was ok till a month before when make-up & flowers cancelled & we had to find more! Aaaaaghhh! It all turned out to be a beautiful day, but I swear my DH & I have never fought so much as we did leading up the Wedding.
    Quick blab on where we are at - saw FS today & am now organised for FET on about 19/12/07 (nothing like close to xmas!). I have to start Progynova about 3/12 then first scan will be 17/12, so crossing fingers New Years will bring happy times.
    Take care all & will speak soon.

Hi all
    I am a lurker in this thread and don't usually post but I would really like some advice...
    I have just had my first IVF cycle cancelled after my EPU (last Friday) when they got 6 eggs but none fertilised. They said it should work next time with ICSI - always waiting!!
    I feel like I haven't really had a chance for this cycle, it seemed like it was over before it began and I am wanting to go straight into another cycle before Xmas as we are going away for holidays and my next chance to do another stim cycle wouldn't be until end Jan/early Feb and I just can't wait that long.
    My Dr has said that there are extra risks of OHSS and ovarian cysts doing back-to-back IVF stim cycles but I am still keen on taking a chance. Has anyone else done back-to-back stim cycles and been OK?
    Would love to hear your opinions/advice on where I should be heading to now.
    Thanks all and good luck to everyone....seems like there are quite a few EPUs coming up and quite a few on this forum doing IVF which I think is great.
    Kate

slyder Guest

Take care, BW.

slyder Guest

Kate, a big welcome to you.

I can't offer specific advice on back to back stims so close together, but I would encourage you to consider the advice of your FS, as Jan/Feb is a slightly longer wait, but probably worth it in terms of risk minimisation. Plus, you want the best quality eggs possible.

ICSI should assist to some extent in overcoming the fertilisation issue.

I think Sushee will be able to offer you more specific advice (she knows everything, honestly ). Keep your eyes peeled as I reckon she will have some things to say.

BW - Take Care and Look After yourself!
    Miss C - Good #'s and enjoy the IL stay not long now till the wedding
    Kate - Have not done back to back more due to money but my FS only wants 1 normal cycle before another stim

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Kate,

I would be surprised if you get to do back to back stim cycles, as your hormones wlll not have a chance to level out and the clinic will not be able to ensure that your E2 has baselined. If you are wanting to start another down reg, maybe you'd be lucky to get your FS to agree, but that would mean a cycle after this next one, not immediately following this one. Even then it's 50/50 on whether they would be keen to do it. This is for your own well-being, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. The last thing you want is to not have an optimal cycle because your body hasn't recovered from the meds.

Another consideration is that many clinics close or operate on limited resources over Christmas, so you'll find many IVFers don't cycle then. I know how difficult it is to wait, I used to hate those 'rest' months with a passion too!

BW - I am so sorry you are facing the OHSS battle again, I really hope they can find the best way to keep it minimised Will be thinking of you.

Peta, wha a way to start the year that would be! All the best for a great cycle.

Melsta and Miss_c - all the very best for Monday, feeling good vibes for you!

TL - Well done, floss! Good stuff!

Good luck for all those scanning and stimming and embarking on EPUs.

I am 11dpo/epu today, and starting to feel that heavy feeling I always get about now signalling AF is on the way. I have really struggled emotionally with the 2ww this time, and in some perverse way, will just be glad when its all over, even if its negative. We'll try again in the new year if that is the case. BT not til mid next week, so a bit of a wait ahead still yet.

slyder Guest

Kell, I felt exactly the same about just wanting it to be over.

Well today has been a disaster for me, cycle has been cancelled because I only produced 2 follies 19 and 23mm. I can't stop crying, not in a million years was I prepared for that, it had'nt been talked about. The US lady could'nt find my left ovary, she asked if I had one? When she found it she said I have fluid on it and my right ovary is pushed across towards the centre which is why I can feel them. So we are on our own trying naturally. I was so worried about the lack of BT and scans and for good reason it seems, although I don't know if anything could have been done to fix the problem. Just would have been easier on me if I had some kind of warning that things were'nt looking good. If we get another chance I will drive the 2 hours to Melb to get the extra care, which I am going to need.

I wondered if anyone can help with my first lot of stims I was on 75 and produced 7 follies but because it was an IUI cycle they triggered me when the biggest was 18 the others were 15,11,10,2x8 and 7. The second IUI my dose went to 100 and I produced 3 follies 2x21 and 20mm. This time they put my dose at 300 and I have produced 2 follies 19 and 23mm, I wonder if it is possible to do better on a lower dose and can your body just go into shock and stop working properly on the higher level? Or is it just down to me being ancient (in fertility years) 40 and my body just can't keep up. Can you deplete the egg supply or are they eggs you are going to lose anyway??? My FS is very nice but it makes it all cute and fluffy, I don't want that, I need cold hard facts as to whether to continue on!!! he either really believes he can get me BFP or he likes my money not sure which. Any advice ? personal experiences on levels of(puregon)and what was done to achieve success, much appreciated. No need to fluff it up, can't get much lower....

kel, the waiting is torture. i hope you get your dream come true.

BW, hun i am so sorry you are having to go through something like this again. i really hope they can salvage this for you and you can get your dream come true. mon and i were talking about the new in vitro maturation method for women with PCOS and the technology is coming to Australia. perhaps that may be something for you in the future if this doesn't work out for you. it is just so frustrating. i really hope it doesn't end up in hospitalisation for you.

pam, i posted in the other thread for you. i think you need a review of the protocols they used and perhaps the stims they used (were they different this time other than just quantity?). also they can tell from your first BT whether you will have a good chance at follie recruitment. if you are doing a flare cycle there is a level they test on day 1 (i think LH) and if it is under 15 there is a good chance for you. over 15 and they shouldn't bother going ahead that month. something to mention with your FS perhaps.

peta, i am glad things are moving ahead. GL with your appointment.

miss_c, things seem to be picking up for you. i hope you can make your tassy trip but IVF doesn't always allow for us to plan things in advance. i really really hope it works out the best for you.

mon, i have a good feeling for you this cycle sweetie.

hi melsta, deni, mel, BG, smithy, TL and anyone i have forgotten for the moment (sorry head is elsewhere)

i am out of this cycle. started bleeding last night big time. the BT today showed a 0 HCG so BOB wasn't meant to be this time. boy i have learnt that crinone really can play tricks with your mind all the pseudo symptoms i had. we thought it was over a couple of days ago so i am doing ok today, sad and a little angry. DH and i are going to have a break from TTC for a few months to work out where to next and maybe save a bit of money, loose a bit of these IVF kgs and enjoy life more. xmas seems to be looming this year. another one with the family and having to duck questions about us having a family. but we can deal with it.

i will be in to support you all and look forward to seeing you all move to the pg threads real soon.

xx

Dusty - tell me about the IVF kg's hopefully mine are starting to dissappear Hugs and I am here if you need me
    Kell - Waiting seems so long I know hopefully this will be the one with a BFP
    BD - Cancelled cycle I am so sorry hun
    BW - Sorry you have to go through OHSS again.

Well I did it I resgined this moring start the new role on the 10th December may be the stress break I need for TCC.

hi wonderful ladies..
    have been regularly reading all posts..
    update frm my side:
    Got AF yesterday, went for scan and blood tests.. also started Progynova tablets.. next visit on 30th Nov. hopefully, FET before 5th Dec. So far so good..
    Hope to have a wonderful new year.. fingers crossed for all of us..
    Praying and wishing all the best for all of us..

BD I am sorry, I think the shock of cancellation would be just devastating. Particularly if you are not informed it can happen I don't have any answers on the idea of egg supply etc. Its something I have wondered, but never asked.

Dusty - You are in my thoughts, I wish there was something I could do to make you smile - impossible I know. Take your time and look after yourself. Its a loss to grieve

TL - Heres to a fresh new start!!!

I have EPU news!

Trigger is tonight at 7pm. Collection is 8am Sunday.

I'm still in the danger zone - they are only using a half-strength trigger with me (one vial of powder), but with no puregon last night, my E2 level has dropped to 14300, the clinic is happy, I'm immensely relieved and transfer may just be on the cards again. Decision won't be made until EPU, I'm not getting my hopes up too high... I'm only a smidge below where I was first time. Maybe with less follies and less eggs we might get there, but I'm really not counting on it.

Pam, I'm so sorry your cycle was cancelled. I'm afraid I can't help with under response, I've got the opposite problem!

TL, hope the new job works out, congratulations!

Dusty, :hugs:. No words, I'm so sorry.

BW

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast