Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #4

Hi everyone thanks for the support, definately needed!!!
    miss c, very happy that everything has gone so well, heaps of good luck for continued success. Yay!!!
    Timnik, thanks again hun, glad you have the three little ones, like you say it gives you the chance and thats all you need. Look forward to hearing your progress....
    Shannon, thanks much appreciated... Good luck with starting up..
    Lynros, hi I can certainly relate to the tears on this crazy rollercoaster. I hope success comes soon for you. Goodluck!!!
    Melsta, don't feel bad hun. I am really glad that things are going well for you and nice sizes and numbers. I will be following you closely and wishing you the best of luck..
    BG and BW hope things are still going to plan I bet you are wishing the time away.
    Hope it continues moving smoothly and avoid getting sick.

Hi to everyone I have missed, I have been doing lots of reading and am really afraid that this is not going to be a one off problem. I guess all can do is ask lots of ???? and have another go!!! But I have a feeling that my body is going to need some time off to catch up. I hate the fact that I don't feel old but my body or eggies are saying otherwise. DH and I are doing the best we can to catch our 2 nice big eggies and I will see some of you in the TWW, I think our chances are slim, but I guess not that different to IUI and I have triggered and I will be having the Pregnyl just in case. So fingers crossedxxxxx Trying very hard to find the silver lining, but will enjoy keeping you young chicks company..

slyder Guest

Blackduckies, really sorry things haven't shaped up this time. Next time they'll have a better idea of how to run the stim regime to suit your body.

Dusty, I guess your job is getting you distracted big time at the moment! All the best anyway.

TL, awesome news on the job. Well done.

Wannababy, good stuff that your FET cycle is off and running.

BB, bad news for you too, I know. Hope you are starting to feel a smidge better.

BW, hope you haven't swollen up too much and floated away

Bec, will be very very interested to know how you go with IVM if you end up doing it. You'll be a pioneer!

BG, what can I say, you're a follie factory

Miss C, I hope your super crazy schedule is all under control.

Nik, your fertilisation rate is very good based on the stats. It's certainly nothing to be down about, and remember it doesn't take millions of embies, just one or two little rippers.

Shan, sorry your b'day was sucky. You're getting old now!

Lyn, I'm glad you decided to stop by. I think you'll like it here.

Melsta, your cycle sounds like it is going great and perfectly to plan. Well done.

Hi to everyone else who is lurking, or between threads, or whereever.

Hi everyone.
    Been thinking of you all lots, especially those who've had not so good news over the last couple of days or are waiting for results / EPU

Shannon - you're right, that was a terribly sucky birthday! I hope you're getting over that cold ok and that you've had more time to celebrate on the weekend at home and it's been much less sucky. Happy Birthday!

Nicole - that's a great fertilisation rate, congratulations! As slyder has said, you only need one or two go-getters to make it all happen... hope the wait is going ok and you're recovering well from EPU. Lots of best wishes for the ET.

Pam - good luck for catching those great follies you've got. Anything can happen, and it's really good to see you finding the positives in it all. You're a trooper, hun! Hang in there! xo

Melsta - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, sweet. You'll have a big batch, I'm sure! Great that the Lucrin is all done with - I know it's been really knocking you about. Just remember to keep breathing, and it will help you stay relaxed even though the wait is difficult today and tonight.

Slyder - thanks I'm at home today whilst everyone else is out gallavanting about town lol. I'm doing my best to give myself time to rest, and I've decided that everyone just has to be ok with that. Not that they aren't, but just that I'm not going to worry about it anymore. Sounds like you're flat out atm too. Hope you're not overdoing it and that you and DW are well.

I'm tired today. After getting home from hospital for my ears on Friday night around 1am, and having to wake up to trigger at 1.30am last night, my brain is a little fried. Good news is that my ears are fixed - the relief of not to have brain-piercingly loud ringing anymore is overwhelming... and trigger is done... and it's nice not be to be on Synarel anymore!

I'm a bit fixated that they're not going to catch my eggies on time for some reason - it's completely irrational and there's no reason to think that, but I think my tired brain *must* have something to fixate and stress on and if there's nothing it makes something up lol. Did anyone worry about that in their first cycle?

Will come in to see how everyone is and update after EPU late tomorrow, hopefully.

Hugs,

Miss C

32 eggs, freeze all, drugged and groggy... Just can't lay down...

BW

BW - rest up.. heal well. 32 is impressive!

miss_c - I didn't worry til they seemed to be running so late at epu. Was terrified I would ovulate on the floor of the waiting room, ROFL! I figure they know what they are doing.. surely? Am a fellow MIVF patient - best of luck!

We had none to freeze and the 2 we transferred that did not work, were low grade. This means we are to do another full stim icsi cycle when we return. Am feeling resentful of the cost, the experience, all of it today. Depressed and flat. This has been going on 4 years, maybe our number is not meant to come up?

Kell - it can be really hard to stay positive. you and your DH are the only ones that can decide when enough is enough - physically, emotionally and financially. don't feel pressured by anyone else's opinions on the matter - do what is right for YOU - and if that means taking some time out for you to regroup as an individual and a couple, don't feel guilty about it - ivf will still be available when you come back!

Hi Kell,
    BG has said everything beautifully. You now get to do everything you need to do to ensure you recover and recouperate. That is the number one priority. You and DH can get through together in the way that you need to, and you can make choices and alter what comes next whenever you need to. IVF isn't going anywhere, as BG says. I hope you're hanging in there, hun. Lots of hugs.

BW, take care. Very glad to hear they didn't have to cancel on you completely, but hoping you'll be ok and on your feet very soon.

BG, I sent you a quick PM earlier - not sure if it reached you. Hope you're doing ok this weekend leading up to trigger tonight. Thinking of you.

thanks miss_c - i got your message - just been too slack to reply! guess i'm in denial about the trigger shot a little bit - 59 follies, even if they're not all above size to get eggs - i still think they may be a little ouchie after trigger!

Yeah, BG, it's seems the day between trigger and EPU is one of the hardest on the body, I'm certainly finding that the case today (v.v. tender). I guess denial would definitely be on the cards if you've gone through triggers before and you knew how many follies you had previously and how ouchie it was previously!! 59 is astounding! You're a follie machine! Hence I'm PMing and checking up on you though It's a lot and wanting to make sure you're doing ok

My FS wouldn't tell me how many follies I had overall - she said I've got 10 dominant ones though. She did say that at my scan on Thurs that my ovaries were roughly tennis ball sized, and that I would get more than 10 eggs overall. I shudder to think how many there might be - perhaps it's not such a bad thing that I don't know.

i didn't have much choice but to hear seeing i was sitting between the u/s chick and DH and he was the one writing down the numbers for her!

i figure, with the theory of follies growing 2mm per day, there are going to be a fair few bigguns by EPU! not looking forward to trigger - most i've had previously was three dominant and 21 lesser ones at trigger for IUI - haven't done EPU yet...

all the best for tomorrow hun

BW - Wow what a huge number of eggs! Good luck with your recovery.

Dusty - I am so sorry this cycle didnt work

Babybliss - I am also sorry to you, it just seems so unfair :hugs:

Miss C - Good luck with EPU tomorrow, hope everything goes well and they get lots of healthy eggs to fertilise.

BG - My god 59 follies :O Good luck with trigger and EPU.

BD - Asking questions is always the best way to go, I always forget and then spend time worrying rather than ringing and asking

Hi to everyone else, sorry to anyone I have missed - we have had a really busy weekend and only just got home from dinner (was our 1st wedding anniversary today). Having BT tomorrow

best of luck today Mel, i am feeling nervous and excited for you.

BW, rest up hun, you have had a full on couple of weeks. i hope you don't have to go to work today.

BG, how did your trigger go?

miss_c, thinking of you today best of luck,

melsta, you will already be in your EPU. good luck.

nicole, wednesday is not far away now. best of luck with

shannon, yay for starting next week! happy belate birthday to you.

pam/BD, hope you caught those eggs hun

welcome lynros and kate! kate, i have always had at least one month off with my stim cycles. my FS says if you do back to back risk the chance of OHSS then you will probably have to wait a couple more months for it to calm down which can drag the gap between cycles right out. i know how you feel though about sometimes wanting to get back on track.

hello everyone else

all is fine with me, just trying to work out a TTC plan now. i hope i can catch my allusive FS today. she wants me to have another lap in Dec but i am not so sure. xmas is coming and i want to enjoy it with full body and health. kinda feeling a bit free at the moment.

morning all - trigger last night was prety much a breeze (thankfully)! barely any ouchie, but it did bleed like a *****! stopped pretty quickly though and within a few minutes i could touch my tum without being able to pick up where i'd injected - no welt, no pain, no stinging - yay! epu is tomorrow - woo hoo - i'm so excited and yet so freaked out that it's almost here!

very tired and a little queasy this morning, so about to go and curl up in bed for a little longer. sorry for no personals

BG

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile...moods have been all over the place lately.

Dusty: sorry to hear your news my dear - must be so heartbreaking. I hope it's getting easier day by day.

BB: How disappointing - I hope you're coping OK.

BG: Congrats on the follies - 59 is an amazing number!

Mel: Can't wait to hear how EPU went - I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!

Sorry, can't get to personals for everyone else, but I've been reading everyone's posts each day.

Well, I had a disappointing visit to the clinic this morning. I'm on Day 9 of the Gonal F injections and the scan showed only 8 follicles, with only 4 over 10mm. I'm gutted. I was hoping for at least 20. BT has shown my estrogen is a bit low, and that must be why - not responding as well as I should. Hopefully my FS will up the dosage of the Gonal F and the 8 I do have will develop well, but it just means less eggs, which means less chance of success. I was really hoping that the first cycle would be it, but it looks like we'll be on this ride for awhile. It's a bit of a thud coming down to earth like this.

OK, well better get some work done. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Vicki

vickie hun - those numbers really aren't as bad as they might first seem - you need to remember - it only takes ONE to make a baby. high number of eggs doesn't make a difference if they're poor quality eggs - it's definitely about quality over quantity (however, i completely undertand how scary and disappointing it is for you right now - please try to stay positive and wait on intructions from your FS)

Vickie, BG is right. Sometimes lower numbers mean better quality. And let me just say, you absolutely DO NOT WANT to have numbers as high as me. EPU is rough, and I'm now off work for at least a week in order to recover, and looking at two months before I can do a FET. Believe me, if I could trade my huge number of eggs to come out with around 8 eggs, I'd do it in a heart beat! I can guarantee that my hyperstimulation means that of my 32, there's probably quite a few cruddy ones in there.

Remember - quality, not quantity! Do not attempt to walk in the shoes of the PCOS-afflicted. And, as they say, it only takes one...

BW

Thanks BG - you don't know how much I needed to hear that :hugs: I left the clinic this morning bawling my eyes out and rang DH straight away and blubbed over the phone. Just barely holding it together at the moment. I know I shouldn't think the worst, but I had an image in my mind of it all going smoothly, and it's just been dashed.

God, I sound so sorry for myself don't I?? lol. I'll snap out of it - it's not over till the fat lady sings.

Anyway, enough about me - how are you feeling??? Still a bit sore and queasy??

Vicki

Thanks BW - your words have really helped me :hugs: You really are a warrior, considering what you've been through with OHSS! I should think myself lucky, I know. I'll snap out of it, it's just a shock when you first realise that not everything is going to go as smoothly as you'd like. The most frustrating this is the lack of control I think!

How are you feeling after EPU???

Vicki

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast