Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov/Dec 2007

polly - i'm so glad your FS has been able to give you some more hope in this journey. sometimes it's easy to feel jaded and as if nothing will ever work, but i'm sure your FS has lots of ideas to help you out! are you going to be doing IUI or IVF hun??

if the gonal-f pen is anything like the puregon one, it really doesn't hurt that much at all - the needles are very fine and super sharp so you barely notice it!! and don't worry about the pudgy belly - i have one of those and i think it makes it easier!!!

have you checked out the Long Term TTC & AC thread here - there are a bunch of lovely ladies in there (and one great gent!) who can help to support you through this

Melsta good on your embies well done

Thanks TL ... today I am happy with my body, now we just have to get through b/t tomorrow and we are yet closer ...

Dellydoo - Oh i hope it brings good news those numbers sound great ... not long to go until saturday now .... 2 more sleeps as they say !!! Saturday is D day for both of us, you with your embies and me with my ET ....

I am sending you the STICKIEST of sticky vibes for Saturday and I am doing a seated dance for my eggies - be strong little fellas!

Nique Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but wanted to let you know that i've been reading about your experiences and wish you all the best of luck. We have just completed our first IVF (antagonist) cycle which was unsuccessful. My stim scan last week left me reeling when my FS only found 1 follie. He was happy for me to go ahead and on Monday I had my first OPU. While the egg was collected it fertilised abnormally so we're back to square one and waiting to do #2 in January. Was really difficult in recovery listening to others being told they had 14 and 21 eggs (although I wish them all the best and my thoughts are with them). At the time I was happy to have even 1. Has anyone one else had a similar experience? Does it get easier to cope with the disappointments?

Hi Mon

I don't know if it gets easier, I am going through my very first cycle and am due for pick up tomorrow. My FS is not very hopeful of a positive result because I have too many. It is your very first though so this is how they judge how the body will react to the drugs within the cycle. You must be on too low a dose.

Hang in there sugar!

Just wanted to send some get well soon vibes to BW - rest up, hope your feeling better soon.

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are all doing ok... and wishing everyone the very best of luck

Nique Guest

Hi Dellydoo,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I was on Gonal f 225 and didn't have any side effects so I had a feeling that not much was happening. As one of the FN's said things can only get better from here and apparently you can take up to 600iu of Gonal f. Good luck tomorrow - I'm sure everything will go really well. Don't worry about the OPU - mine was a cinch and I'm normally pretty wussy. Are you having the "twilight sedation"? I'd highly recommend it!

Mon73, it's a very fine line they tread on your first cycle trying to find out how your body will respond - they don't want to under or overstimulate you (not sure if you've read much about BW...). i'm sure next time they'll do something a little different. my understanding of boost cycles (just from picking up a couple of small comments from my FS) is that, once they start you on a particular dose, they can't alter it the same as they can in a down reg cycle... so it may be a little trial and error for you til they find the perfect balance

i had 300iu of puregon this cycle, got 59 follies, 22 eggs at epu - and ended up with only 4 fertilised properly - so it's definitely a game of guess work!

i too had the sedation - and woke up needing the loo big time - argued with them in recovery cos i was awake enough to know i needed to take myself off to the loo! as i mentioned, i had 22 eggs, so quite a few jabs in there and a fair bit of bleeding, but only til i'd had a chance to go to the loo - it was weird!

dellydoo - chances are you'll be a bit tender due to the hormone levels - you need to be really conscious of keeping water and gatorade type drinks up, check your weight to see if you're putting on weight dramatically (BW gained a couple of kilo's in 36 hours) and remember - hospital is NOT a bad thing if it helps you get through this! good luck tomorrow hun

No I am having "morning glory" I have been on 300iu Puregon and feel like a hippo. I am so glad to hear the Op is not too bad have been sweating on it. I am just upset my beautician has cancelled as I was going to have a wax tonight to have a gorgeous surface area for tomorrow - I wanted my hoo hoo to go down in history as the prettiest one they have ever seen! Oh Well

Mon73 - BG is right very fine line however I know it is heart breaking to hear everyon getting good eggs and only getting a few yourself

DD- Tender is something KEEP UP The Water! (Mum issuses here)

Hi to everyone

dellydoo - i was very stressed about the EPU, especially considering how many follies and how swollen i knew my ovaries were. it truly wasn't that bad - the only thing i've noticed is that the pain killers (they recommend panadeine) hasn't reacted well with my tummy so i've been ouchies in my actual tum - not around my ovaries. had i not been on leave (and not suffering from the codeine) i'd have been able to go back to work today, two days after the procedure. i only took pain killers for the EPU that first day - and then yesterday was because i had a migraine which was bordering on a migraine....

feeling much better this afternoon now that i seem to have flushed my system of the pain meds...

am quaffing loads and I sense your concern TL and BG - I will be so careful!

Thanks BG - my darling DP is going to be hovering around me and I am hoping to go back to work on Monday. Apparently the danger time for OHSS is one week after trigger which is next Wednesday - and I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so am having pep talks with my body!

dellydoo - i hope that you body responds well to the resting and fluids and all goes to plan, definitely take it easy and BG has some great advice ... if in doubt you can always head to hospital just to be sure ... and know that you will be in good hands ....

Nique Guest

Dellydoo, Briggsy's girl and Tiggerlinda - thanks for your words of encouragement. That is exactly why I joined this forum - hearing advice and words of encouragement doesn't have the same impact when it comes from non ivfers - especially when they keep telling me to relax and it will all happen!! Does anyone else feel like screaming when you get told to go away for a weekend or just to relax or to stop stressing?? If only it were that simple!!

For those of you who had the 'twilight sedation" did anyone else still feel lightheaded and dizzy three days later?

Good luck Dellydoo - I'm sure we'lll all be thinking of you tomorrow. If you 're feeling up to it let us know how it all goes.

the usual danger period (as i've picked up from both BW and my nurse yesterday) is about 3 days after EPU. chances are your FS will arrange for you to be on medication to help reduce the level of certain hormones in your system (i know BW is on a couple of different meds) and they'll be hoping AF arrives more quickly than a normal cycle as that tends to help a little. don't be afraid to ask questions. make sure, if you're returning to work on monday, that SOMEBODY there has an idea of what you've been through and can be there for you if needed.... your E2 levels are really high, and i'm passing on a message here from BW

tell her that hospital sooner rather than later is better

Nique Guest

Can anyone tell me when I can expect to see AF after an OPU with no ET? Will it be approx 2weeks after the trigger injection?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast