Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Sept 2006

that is great meg and kim... i am sure you will get some great fert rates... all the best.. leis xxx ps yep that is good that they are all growing at the same rate.. mine didn't and i only got two eggs... all the rest were way to small...

great news Meg&Kim! I have always had blast transfers and I tell you those 5 days waiting are pretty hard... but it is easier than the 2ww.... I think... actually I suppose it is much the same. But at least you will know that you are putting back ones that would have made it at least that far IYKWIM?

Fingers crossed for your catching up to Kim, Meg!

Keen - Lotsa hugs

Megan and Kim - Fingers crossed for you both this month.

A quick hello to everyone else will come back later to catch up with you all

Nic

Default Why is this happening????

I just woke up and i have (sorry if TMI) i'm bleeding!! Its not red but its not just pink and its not old blood its like creamy dark pink blood, mid-cycle blood...i rang Doc and he said to press on and tomorrow he is going to do an ultrasound to check my lining and if worse comes to worse then he will do the EPU and freeze the embryo's until we can get me under control....I have NEVER had mid-cycle bleeding...and Doc cant explain it, he said i'm nowhere near ovulation at CD11...he just doesn't know...I hope it goes away...everything was going perfectly until now

Meg stay calm hun, and just wait until tomorrow and see what it brings.. leis xx

meg, honey, am hoping it is just your body being evil and playing games with your head - I know mine has done that a few times when coming up to a cycle... hope like crazy it stops and you can still have your transfer...

Well im having a really bad night and just hope that Megan is around?

I know i am starting the synrel 2morrow but cant remember if im to stop taking the pill so i dont know what to do as i cant get onto the nurse until after 10 2morrow and i usually take the pill at 8am. Maybe i should just take the spray am then take the pill to work with me and take it a little late if i have to.

What do you think?

Be back later for personals

thats what I would do Lou, those two extra hours or so shouldnt make too much of a difference with the BC pill. Ive never used the pill or syranel, so cant be of much help, sorry.

Hi Lou,
    My instructions from the nurse are start the synarel tomorrow and continue the pill until all 21 of them are gone. This means there is a 5 day overlap where I will be taking both and will finish the pill saturday (YAY!). I think this is pretty standard.
    If you call your nurse at 10am I'm sure it shouldn't make any difference for you to take your pill a couple of hours later than normal.
    I can't believe how quickly time is flying. We'll be having EPU before we know it!

~Jane~ Guest

Lou - I am still sniffing and taking the pill at the moment. Like Megan I have a 5 day overlap as well.

Well.....I went to see Lyndon Hale today.....all very interesting. He says several things could be causing the miscarriages and so has ordered extensive blood work ups for both me and Geoff. This includes testing for Factor V Leiden , antiphospholipid thingys, and a full karotyping for both of us. I guess if nothing else at least we will know what dodgy genes we have!!

Basically our options appears to be to either undergo stimulation using injectibles on a natural conception cycle increasing the risk of multiples but providing a nice lining for bubs or a full ivf cycle with PGD (pre genetic diagnosis) of the blasties. The bugger is that the tests can take up to five weeks to come through so we have an appointment in six weeks time to discuss the results. I'm not very good at waiting........

If we happen to fall pregnant in the meantime we have to ring him straight away and arrange careful hormonal monitoring not just hcg levels to see if I need to be supplemented in any way with pessaries etc.
    Seems to have been quite a few BFPs the past few days....Congrats to all those and good luck to those who are still waiting.....nye nyes time now.

hi Girls

I have to have a not so natural cycle after all, still spotting...went to doc this morning and had an ultrasound anyway, he said the uterus still looks good but when he took the wand thingy out it had some blood on it, still not bright red, just pink... he has decided to put me on some estogen tablets and progestrone pessaries to ensure i get a lining thick enough by monday for the transfer, had a blood test too so should know the results later today...kim and i both have the trigger injection tonight and kim's egg pick up goes ahead on thursday...so hopefully the "leakage" of my lining will stop with the extra hormones that i will be having...i have to take 2 progynova in the morning and two progestrone pessaries at night until i have the pregnancy test...can't help but think when things go wrong the whole cycle is doomed...

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Megan,

I gave been around long enough to have seen members here go through absolute shocker cycles, easy cycles and everything in between. And you can get a BFP with any of the above! It's natural to feel a little superstitious when things seem to be going wrong, but all that matters is getting to transfer. The rest are just obstacles that test your mettle!

Just a quickie...

NSW girls check out this thread

~Jane~ Guest

Hi everyone

I am pleased to announce that I am finally feeling a bit better YAY. I came home from work feeling like death warmed up so I made an appointment for some acupunture this afternoon at the local Chinese Medical Centre. So I have come home after 2 hours of treatment (I am constipated so she worked for ages on me) and I must admit I feel 100% better. I am ready to head back to work tomorrow with a clearer head. My Mum called me today as well and told me that she has bought me a 2 hour spa treatment at one of the posh Day Spas near where I live. She was on the phone and the internet reading all the different treatments out. She even booked me in after checking times with me, it's my birthday Sat so I reckon that is just the nicest present anyone has ever given me.

Lou - how did you get on with your instructions? I hope that you got in touch with the nurses.

Megan - How are you going with sniffing, you started today too didn't you?

Melbel - glad to hear things went well with Dr Hale, he is really thorough isn't he? I hope he finds some answers for you. DH and I are huge fans of his and see him again next week.

Megan - how are you going with your bleeding, you poor thing. Try and keep positive, which I know is easier said than done.

Keen - how are you going, I hope you are feeling better too

Well I am off to enjoy my new found positive-ness and hopefully an early night

Hello Everyone

I hope you are all well.

Big hugs Keen thinking of you... you are such a trooper and an inspiration to us all. I hope all this gets sorted out and you get the BFP that you so deserve.

Leis - How cool your O/S trip, it must be so exciting.

Two mums - I hope all goes well for you both I have my fingers crossed for you.

Megan, Lou and Jane Good luck in your cycles, how lucky to have 3 cycle buddies I hope you all get through this without to many scars !!!! Jane - what a fab Birthday pressie, sounds like a good idea.Happy Birthday for the weekend.

Mel - I was reading your post and my head was spinning, too many options you poor thing. I hope, which ever option you choose, that you get a nice big fat BFP !!!

Me - my last frostie didnt survive the big thaw - so no more frosties for us. We have been advised by the clinic that the next EPU cycle will be a flair cycle, no idea what this is so I will troll this site, too impatient to wait to the appointment next week.

Good luck everyone and best wishes for some much needed BFP's, It's just way to packed in here !!!

Jane so glad hun you are feeling so much better.. keep up the acupuncture and it hopefully it will give a better chance at BFP.... recent research has shown that it improoves chances with IVF quiet dramatically... (i don't know figures, you would have to google).... Hope everyone else is doing ok...

Me I am really flat at the moment, as get this, I can't get work!!!! I have been employed as a casual nurse by the local private hospital, but it is all so quiet at the moment there isn't anything available.. all i need is about 32 hours a fortnight, but not to be. I can't start at the pub for possilby another 3 weeks, doing RCG tomorrow night. It isn't like DH can't support me, but I really want 'my own money' and not have to ask all the time for it, not that it bothers him, but I feel guilty.. my eyebrows are getting really hairy, and they need some colour in them, so does my hair.. but i can't justify spending money on that at the moment... Huuuuuummmm oh well something will fall into place.. my problem is, i am just way to independent!!! leis xx

Jane, glad to hear you are feeling much better.
    The spa treatment your Mum has bought for me sounds lovely!! I'm so jealous!

Lou, how did you go with the Synarel today?

Well I have had my 2 doses for today and am now suffering with a horrible headache.
    It's definitely not the nicest experience shooting something up your nose and then tasting it in the back of your throat for the next half an hour! lol I have found both times today, it's been uncomfortable for about 30 minutes afterwards - wanting to sneeze, yuk taste, runny blocked nose feeling. I have also developed a headache about an hour or so after each dose.
    Sorry for the lack of personals girls, I think I should get off here as it's not helping the headache. I hope everyone is well.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast