Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Sept 2006

~Jane~ Guest

Megan - I had the headaches too and found that I am not feeling as bad now, so hopefully things will improve

Hi Girls

Well the bleeding did stop, we had the trigger shot last night and EPU is in the morning, so will know the fert rates on friday...will post back then..thinking of you all xxx

All the best for tomorrow morning Megan & Kim - wishing you guys total success!!

~Jane~ Guest

Megan - I have everything crossed for you and Kim tomorrow, good luck

I hope everything goes well for you guys today Megan!

best wishes for a very sticky tf

every thing goes well for you today Twomums!

good luck ladies.. will be thinking of you.. love leis xx

Megan & Kim, Hope all goes well today..thinking of you both

Nic

Hi Girls

Well Kim and I are in a bit of shock...seems she must have ovulated before the egg pick up as doc could only see 3 follicles, so we only got 3 eggs, 2 mature. He said that Synarel is usually a reliable drug. Kim burst into tears afterwards and i must admit i felt like crying too but i tried to keep a brave face up for her. Like if i were to be upset about it i'd be being ungrateful, because she kept saying sorry...We asked to speak with the scientist and she said that she had stripped kims eggs and that she was going to do ICSI on them both...thing is we didnt ask for ICSI...Doc still wants to wait until monday to do the transfer, if they make it to blastocyst. The scientist said that about 2 out 5 eggs make it to blast...so unless either of these two make it thats it. I mean you imagine that you will get all the eggs and that at least half of them will fertilise and that you will have a few to freeze for future attempts if the fresh transfer doesnt work, or you will have frozen embies to use after you have a baby to extend your family. I never imagined that my eggs wouldnt fertilise and that i would have to use kims eggs. I got used to that idea and even ended up loving the idea...And after everything kim went through, we only got two eggs and they are getting ICSI and being grown to blast in the lab, all without us really asking for it. I am wondering does this mean that we get a refund on the cycle seen as how she never once had a blood test except for the initial screening tests etc.. and because the eggs were missed. I remember reading somewhere here that another clinic said the next cycle was free for someone in a similar situation. Can anyone remember?? Bit sad at the mo...thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...xxx

Megan & Kim - girls, I am so sorry to read your news. It must have been a real shock and very upsetting...I wish I had something perfect and wonderful to say - but there isnt any words to comfort you right now Im sure... :hugs: :hugs: to you both...

I have not heard about getting it free or anything - but I recently heard about a friend whose blasts all didnt make it and she insisted that the clinic did something wrong and they then agreed to allow them their next cycle free... might be worth having a jump up and down about. But in the meantime you look after yourselves and your hearts.

And tonnes of growing vibes to your strong little champions...

Megan and Kim - so sorry to hear that things didn't go quite as you expected. I remember when I was coming out of the anaesthetic after my EPU there was a girl in the bed beside me and the Dr had just told her they only got one egg. My heart nearly broke for her, so I can only imagine how heart-wrenching it must be to be receiving that kind of news :hugs:

I think at my clinic (QFG in Brissy), you only get a refund if the EPU or the ET doesn't actually happen, but not if the results are less than optimal. But I couldn't say about other clinics
    Last edited by Cherie; October 5th, 2006 at 10:19 PM.

I rang the doc at home and he agreed that he did not order the ICSI but that it wouldnt hurt...but he will make sure that we wont have to pay for it thats for sure...he is still keen to let the go to blast tho. As for the eggs being missed...that happens he said and so i dont think that we will be able to do anything about that. But if the three eggs that got stripped and ICSI'd without our consent dont survive, i'm going to jump up and down about it because we didnt ask for it and it is their stuff up and who's to say that they wouldn't have fertilised naturally and be better off for it!! Anyway just hope and pray that they make it to monday...they said two were definately mature and the third they weren't sure so they were going to inject it anyway and see what happens. So could be 3 but most likely 2.

Cherie i also go to QFG (Brissy) and they did tell me that if there were no eggs in the follicles you don't get a refund, but there were 7-8 follicles the day of the trigger and by the time we got to EPU there were only 2 good size and 1 smaller follicle left...so doc thinks they missed the eggs because kim ovulated, so i kinda think that that is more a medication/nature thing than anything...but this is the 2nd lady this week that my doc has seen 7 or 8 follicles and then went in and they were just gone!! Maybe they have a bad batch of synarel???

Megan & Kim, Sorry to hear your news.. what a shock that would have been for the both of you.

Nic

Sorry ive been MIA lately

Megan and Kim - I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you for this cycle and i am hoping that it works for you please try not to stress (as i have said b4 easier said than done) Also i dont know if this is relvent but i have mentioned b4 that my previous clinic offered my a free cycle next time but that was because my nurse stuffed up my drug dates and so i had to wait till blestie which did survive and i got a BFP but MC early and still havent taken then up on that free cycle (still waiting to revieve it in writing). I am thinking of you both at this differicult time xx

Megan - hows the sniffing going? Ive been feeling ok, but so so so depressed this afternoon and tonight, didnt really realise it until a collegue said i was a little quiet and was everything ok. Of cause it is.

Jane - i know you are well and truly sniffing but are you jabbing yet?

Keen - whats been hapening? how are you feeling now?

Well i dont know why but all i do lately is dream of other people having babies and its driving me crazy. Im feeling a little sensertive, maybe because i have 3 close friends who are all pg (sorry sez if your reading this and dont take it personel)and several other girls i know only have to pull their knickers off and there up the duff. Im always very good at listening to them all talk about baby stuff but right now i dont want to hear any of it, ive just felt like crying all evening.

I just want this to work (I know we all do)

sorry girls for the downer will try to stay on top a little more 2morrow after all it is Fab Friday. Just want this cycle to go a bit quicker.

xx

wishing everone all the best and always thinking of you

hey Lou, if you are upset - then you're upset, dont apologise for that...I myself added to my vent in LT TTC vent forum and it does help. Have a rant in there if it makes you feel better, sweetie .... oh and in reply to what you said - totally understand and know what you mean, it just really gets overwhelming sometimes, hey.
    Last edited by Keen; October 5th, 2006 at 10:16 PM. Reason: yet another spelling mistake

Oh Lou, I would never take it personally! I think you are wonderful to listen to all of our crap, I don't know how you do it. You're so good in fact, that I think I sometimes forget to be sensitive to your situation. So I'm sorry if I ever upset you, please just tell me to shut my fat mouth if I'm ever upsetting you. I'm sorry the Synarel is making you feel crappy. You know I am here for you if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, even if it is over hormones! I am so excited for you, I want to you to get a BFP so much! I am sending you some of my precious babydust......

Megan and Kim, I am so sorry to hear that things didn't work out exactly how you hoped at EPU. It's such a tough day, with such an emotional lead time, and I'm sure it could not have been easy for either of you.

I truly hope you have success with the eggs that were retrieved - it does sound like there are at least two real good chances and I have my fingers tightly crossed for you.

Stay strong girls and good luck for Monday.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast