Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Sept 2006

SamT Guest

Hi There!

Megan - Funny how just being left alone does wonders when you are cranky hey? DH does shift work and was on afternoon shift (3pm - 12pm) for first few days I was on synarel, which was a relief for me because I could just chill out at home without getting cranky at him! Not that he was doing anything to make me cranky, but it just stopped me from feeling awful for snapping at him lol. I am glad to hear you are feeling better, I hope it keeps getting easier for you.

Lou - I used to work at a child care centre and it is full on, you don't realise how rough kids can be til you have 10 of them jumping on you! Good luck and I hope you find a way to get the rest you need this time around for the tww.

Anney - Thanks for dropping by and sharing your experiences with us. I have my fingers crossed you will get that bfp this time. It sure is emotional and some days are easier than others. Good luck matey.

We had an ultrasound and blood test today. My blood test showed that the synarel is doing it's job, which is great, but the ultrasound showed that there are 20 follicles on one side (plus 10 on th other), so they said they have to monitor me pretty closely when I start the Gonal-F in a few days. The doctor wrote "PCOS?" on my chart, not sure what to make of that I am a little freaked out by that as I have had 2 laps for endo and both times the removed cysts as well and it isn't an experience I am keen to repeat. We also found out today that DH has high levels of abnormal sperm, so they are going to do ICSI. I am a little cranky because the test was done in March and they didn't let us know til today. Not happy Jan :mad:

Big hugs to all you beautiful girls

xoxo

~Jane~ Guest

Just popping in for a real quick Hi.

I am pretty cranky at the moment (for no good reason mind you) so goodness knows what I will be like on Thursday when I start Syneral. I have put on weight as well which isn't helping things, so I am blaming the pill for that rather than the comfort eating I have been doing lately.

Hope everyone is well. I have been knitting a fair bit which is why I haven't been online much, it's my stress relief and a sign I am waaaay too stressed.

Have a great day.

Hi Jane...welcome to the cranky club! It's horrible isn't it. Good luck with the synarel and I hope it doesn't make you feel too crappy.

Sam, that's frustrating only finding out about DH's abnormal sperm now.
    I hope you don't have PCOS and have to go through another lap. Maybe ask next time you see your Dr or have your next ultrasound.

Lou, that's exciting that things might be moving a bit quicker for you!! As a very rough guide (from what the nurse gave me) I would be due for EPU at the end of October.

The moodiness is a bit better the last 2 days but I seem to have developed thrush. I've been lucky enough to have never had it before so I'm not sure. Would it possibly be a side effect of the pill??

Hi there all,
    Sorry I can't do personals atm but we still don't have a computer at home, so am quickley doing this at work.
    Thanks for all your advice about laps, I am just one of those people that if something is going to happen it will happen to me that's why I'm a little nervous.
    Also nervous about the results but hey hopefully this will bring me one step closer to becoming a mum.
    Hope you all have a fantastic week.
    Jo

Hi Girls

Well tomorrow morning we will be getting 2 blasties put back. We have 4 frozen so I hope they don't have to thaw them all to get 2. I have a good feeling about this cycle so fingers crossed.

to everyone

Jade

Good luck Jade with your transfer... fingers crossed for you.

Jo... I am sure everything will work out fine for you. Good luck.

Hello and welcome to the newbies and big hugs for those on synarel...... oohhh they're a bit nasty those mood swings ! I dont think they get much better of the medications (heh heh heh my poor DH)

wishing everyone else well.

Best of luck for your transfer tomorrow Jade...I have have everything crossed for you.

Megan thrush could definitely be from the pill...Make sure you get some sort of acidopholus supplement to keep your good bacteria count up.

Good luck Jane with the Synarel.....hopefully we might see you around Lyndon's office soon.

Welcome to all the newbies and sorry for not posting much....I ahve kinda been lurking but not looking in here too much....too depressing at the moment.

Well we have finally got our appointment with Lyndon Hale on Monday after waiting since early May and I am scared sh**tless. I have this friend in this social group I am in who quite frankly is giving me the irrits at the moment and I know It is probably all me so that irritates me even more. She has always been the "Golden Child" to all the other members of the group and can do no wrong even though she is no saint - had a blatant affair on her husband for over a year then left him for this guy and is now pregnant, which is fine I'm glad for her. But whenever she has troubles everyone fawns over her, which is also fine. Me......nothing nudda. Have had three miscarriages, no response....I mention tonight we are starting IVF, no good luck I hope it works out....all I get is gees that's expensive...... but you're not married yet aren't you doing it in the wrong order and even one person said "I don't want to know about it...TMI". WT?

So now I have come home stewing and questioning whether we are doing the right thing or not. Maybe we should wait until after the wedding in February, but then I think I am 37 and time is ticking away.....I dunno it just all seems so hard at the moment, why can't we just get pregnant and back out babies between ciggies like other people do? Life sucks!

~Jane~ Guest

Mel, no no no no no, don't listen to them. I would give them the two finger salute and go get started with Lyndon on Monday. I wouldn't worry about being married or not, even if best case scenerio you get pregnantfirst cycle you still will be married before you have the baby (if that is important to you).

even one person said "I don't want to know about it...TMI". WT?
    My boss was the opposite, and not from a caring thoughtful nice place, she wanted me to "talk her through the process" so she could work out how much money I would be costing them on my days off, so I gave her TMI.

Lyndon has a really nice manner and is very thorough and he works really quickly, I imagine you won't know what hit you on Monday, so you hang in there and don't listen to the nay sayers (sp?).

Jade - good luck today with your transfer, sending you lots of sticky vibes

Megan - how is your cranky club membership going? I am starting to think mine is more stress related than drug related, with my work giving me a hard time the last few weeks about leave for IVF, I am just really looking forward to getting on with it, I start sniffing tomorrow.

Lou - how are you going?

Sam - I wonder if DH just had an abnormal result this time, I know my DH gets varying results when he gets tested, glad to hear that syneral is doing it's thing

Big Hi to everyone else, I better move myself and get to work

Have a great day

Hello all,

Bit sad today because my TTC journey is taking a year's break. My second FSH cycle has been cancelled because of too many follicles again. The only option from here is straight IVF and after a very tearful session with the IVF nurse going through upfront costs and then a more tearful session over coffee with DH we have decided we are just not in the position to do IVF without Private Health cover. So that means the twelve month waiting period. It is probably a blessing in disguise because at the moment I am only working casual contracts and that would mean no maternity leave let alone maternity pay if I got pregnant now. DH is only just beginning study for a promotion so would be pretty much settled in that respect by the end of twelve months. All in all we would be in a much better position to be pregnant in twelve months rather than now..... well that is what I keep on telling myself to convince myself!!

However our FS has said he is willing to give another FSH cycle a whirl because this time he might be able to get only a few eggs rather than hundreds. So I go back in a couple of weeks and have one more go and then it is a break for twelve months.

Good luck to all you girls. And I will lurk a bit to see how you are going but I will have to wean myself off this site because I need to stop thinking about getting pregnant as much as it is going to hurt!

Good luck!

Fishukie - im very sorry to hear your news. I understand your reasons and that is why we too have been unable to continue with treatment over the last 10 months or so. Im hoping that you concieve your natural mirical while you are waiting your 12 mths. Have you tryed Monash I was a public paitent there although i did have to travel east to west for treatment, but hay it was saving me a few $$$$$.

Jade - im sending you all my sticky vibes and hoping this is the one for you honey.

Megan - It looks like your stuck with me. Nursie said that i should be ok to go b4 gyn goes away with the dates i already have. She kinda gave me some possible date as long as my body does what its ment to, they are, scan 16/10, 17/10 start injections, 23/10 another scan, 25/10 epu, 28th (ish) et. So hope your going well.

Melbel - Your story does sound familiar. we were married in December last year and i had a et in the september befor as i thought it would be sods law that i would be pg for our wedding and honeymoon, i was but mc very early. I didnt care that i would be pg and didnt care that everyone was saying to me dont do it just wait. i would do it all over again if i was in the same situation. follow your heart.

Jane- It's so tricky with work I know, not to mention all the other emotions and drugs we have to deal with im feeling very fortuniate at the moment as i have transerved jobs and my new boss is amazing, she has been very understanding so far but i get the guilts about taking all this time. I really not someone who puts myself first and end up dooing all the things i shouldnt for others.

We'll Dh is thinking that this cycle wont work already as he feel it is too close to my operation at the begining of sept, he keeps telling me he thinks it will be another 2 or 3 cycles. im now too already to start to think will it, wont it and im feeling a little stressed with the desperation that it must work this time.

hi to all and catch up with you all again later tonight
    xx

SamT Guest

Mel - I agree with Fishukie, no no no! Don't listen to all those negative people, lord knows we can create enough of our own negativity! You have to do what is right for yourself and DH. Big hugs to you

Fishukie - Sorry to hear your news about the 12 month wait, I hope this last crack at FSH does the trick. Good Luck

Jade - Good luck with your transfer

Jane - I hope things get less stressful for you soon mate, take care of yourself and don't work too hard!

Loula - Stay positive....I have everything crossed for you.

I start the dreaded injections tomorrow - Gonal F - I have never injected myself before so I am a little freaked out! :eek:

Take care everyone xox
    Last edited by SamT; September 27th, 2006 at 09:27 PM. Reason: I forgot something!

Hi Girls

Well all went well yesterday transferred two blasties and we still have two frozen. They said that the ones that they transferred have a 90% chance of surviving. Fingers crossed I finally get my BFP.

Jade

Sounds very promising Jade - crossing my fingers for you!

Hi Girls,

Well went to see dr gronow on tuesday. seemed nice enough considering we spent all of five minutes in there! Going for an ultrasound to check for any cysts tomorrow if it is all clear iui will start with my next cycle. I never knew you had to do injections with iui! I am so dumb!

That Sounds wonderful Jade - fingers crossed.

Hiya Zap - good luck with your IUI... I have done IUI but didnt have any injections, what are they for ?

Mel - OMG what a bunch of selfish gits. But I can so understand how you are feeling. I told a mother on the train on Tuesday (with feral six, yes six children all hers, as they were factory heads!), after she rammed her pram into my leg with not even a sorry, I looked at her and said ' Sorry is the word you are looking for" she then went on this tirade how she has had to cart the kids to the show (melbourne show) all day and how they were being naughty little so and so's (the c word was used) and how she had had enough of doing this by herself ... my response was .. well you should of thought about how hard it was going to be before you decided to have a litter of children.

Ok I admit it was not the nicest of things to say but I have had enough of these people that pop out children with no thought to the childs future and then expect everyone else to bear the brunt, when people who truely want a child and would be good role models have to go through all this palava.

Yes I am over the whole IVF thing and have no patience left in me (poor DH) and Mel you are right it does suck... but at least you can poor your heart out to us and we will listen.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words....you are right of course, I should just get on with it all. It is one reason why we haven't told DH's mum....she would probably be of the opinion we are mucking with nature and she doesn't know we have been trying to conceive this past two and a half years because she once made the comment that she hoped we aweren't going to have kids before we got married. Ummm...Hello....we aint spring chicken dears....ah well, you gotta love the old dears.

They must just about ready to start defrosting your bubba Sari....best of luck for the transfer.

Good luck with your twinnies there Jade and hope all goes well with IUI this month for you Zap

janee Guest

Hi all you wonderful women..I haven't posted in a long time. Would like to come back on in if that's OK, even though for the time being we are on a break from TTC.
    My story so far is....TTC 2.5 yrs now..I'm 35, DH 33. Started AI last September. DH and I have unexplained infertility. Tried tracking, Puregon and then moved onto IVF in May 06. BFN. Had 2 blastocyst frosties left and did down reg frozen cycle in July 06 - BFN again.
    Currently having a break. Thinking IVF January 07 at this stage....We are blessed to have a DS - 6 already.
    The clock ticks by, but we both felt a break was the best thing for our family. Would love to rejoin this post though and chat with you all.
    Take care

Janee

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Mel,

just wanted to pop in to say that my parents requested that DH and I wait until we got married to start IVF, and stupid, stupid me, I made us wait. We got married Jan 04, started our tests in March 04 (when we got back from our honeymoon) and started IVF in July 04. At that point we'd been trying naturally for 4 years. We finally had success on our 8th cycle, in August 2005!

With IVF the kind of game where every month that you're older counts against the quality of your eggs, goddamnnit, if I'd started investigations earlier, I would have been working with 31yo eggs not 35yo eggs!

A baby out of wedlock would be loved as much, so if I were you, I wouldn't give a rat's what anyone else said and do what you know in your heart you're ready for.

JMO.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast