Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August 2005 #4

my last pregnyl was friday 19th when can i do a Hpt cause that all my clinic has given me they told me to test friday thats 16 dpo :smt102

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

have you explained these symptoms to clinic - ask for beta now

Shazz sounds very frustrating.. You poor thing. I would be demanding a BT too. When the Dr said maybe hyperstim, maybe constipation, maybe gall stones, maybe, maybe, maybe...... Did he/she suggest investigating or are you just meant to put up with it?

I have read that pregnyl stays in the system for 10 days but surely if you had a BT they could take that into consideration???
    Hope you get an answer soon

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Trish and Shazz,

:-k

yes I had very similar symptoms in that I had the pain in my diaphram, the really bloated tum (I only stopped wearing maternity clothes a few days ago!) and wierd pains and pulling.

But a HPT that I did even at 14dpo after I got my +ve beta came back so very faintly +ve only after over 7 mins.

So Shazz if you're going to try it, don't toss it out if it doesn't come up straight away.

love
    sushee

are you sure it's 10 days in your system for pregnyl ?????? wow if thats the case i could get a false reading at 19 dpo i can't wait that long

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shazz,

if they really suspect overstim, they would have dragged you in for tests as overstim can be really dangerous if you're pg.

Sounds like they know a little something that you don't...

[-o<

love
    sushee

Pregnyl stays in the system for around 4 days.

4 days sounds lots better

thanks Sushee - I agree about HPT - a beta would show better

maybe too much progesterone

I was told Pregnyl stimulates corpus lutem (from empty follicle) to make progesterone and if Shazz is taking crinone / pessaries and bub(s) is making a motherload too [-o< - maybe she is ....

I don't want to get your hopes up but they do say OHSS gets worse if you get pregnant - I am no expert but :luck:

Does not sound like fun Shazz - but I wish I had some pg symptoms - I don't have sore (.)(.) - nothing but niggly belly and moist (sorry TMI -creamy cm) sensations -that have me running to toilet (but not to go twinkle LOL) .

I hate POAS - and I had my last Pregnyl 1500iu Sunday morning so no point .I am 11 dpo ( I think :-k ) I gave up counting cycle days.
    I was told had to wait 10 days after that injection for accurate test.
    So I am not touching [-(

Cazz , Sue & Blue - how are you today ?

Humphrey - are you back yet ?

Hi Shazz
    I don't know enough these days to contribute about the drugs SX etc.
    I just hope you're feeling better soon and that you're having all these crappy symptoms for the very best reason!!! [-o<
    Sue
    :flower:

I agree Sue

I wish all clinic had a protocol and standard info ](*,)

- like I read somewhere else today

Can I use an HPT if I had an hCG injection (such as Profasi, Pregnyl or Novarel)?

A: You can, but you should wait 7-14 days after your last injection before the shot is out of your system. If you test too soon, you might get a false positive. Wait 14 days after a 10,000 IU injection, 10 days after a 5,000 IU injection, or 7 days after a 2,500 IU injection.

but no info on combined dose of 3 x 1500iu (4500iu) :smt102

then someone ? nurse said she worked in IVF unit and it varies from person to person with 5000iu by 14days there very little residue of Pregnyl.

Default busy ladies

wow ladies you have been busy today!!

Away from the computer for half a day and i am already out of touch!

Went to chinese herbalist today they did accupuncture and gave me five bags of herbs to boil three times a day.

The herbs look nothing like i thought they would there are diffently bits of trees in there!!

I heard they taste terrible but will let you lnow tomorrow.

Lots of hugs
    Racheal

racheal~ i hope they are not to terrible for you to bear

Hmmmm Racheal (my sister is a Rachael!), herbs - I'm contemplating going to a naturopath too. Maybe I'm desperate!!

ok ladies i'm off to lie down hopefully sleep till it's time to test ](*,)

Shazz - when is DR reviewing you and your unexplainable pains ?
    [-o<

Racheal - sounds like you are going to brew up baby making potion - hope it tastes okay

Shazz are you still on Vitez ? can't remember how it's spelt ?

thursday i go for a scan to see what doing .... jeez can't wait

vitex - nope my ivf doc didn't approve :smt102

Hi
    My apologies in advance if I don't use the right acronyms. I'm feeling a little dizzy after reading the last 10 posts!!!

I told myself this time I was going to try and stay a little ignorant about dosage etc (only because I would get too paranoid). When I was younger and on IVF I researched every damn thing and ended up driving myself and ex-hubby up the wall. Difficult not to do though, now I'm on hols I'm turning into a real computer nerd. I even just made some :smt016 business cards for my in-person IVF buddies - SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!

I'm feeling a lot better today thanks Trish. How are you travelling?

CAUTION This maybe info overload.....
    :roll:
    There was no more spotting yesterday and the cramps continued last night but plateaued - thank goodness for the ole HWB (my own - Hot Water Bottle). I went to bed convinced AF would greet me this morning.
    Nope, I had clear mucus (sorry can't find that acronym on the list!). That surprised me because I am on Crinone and that's the first morning that has happened. Only very mild twingy type pain. I have been constipated (nowhere near Shazz's dilemma though). Today after visiting the loo there was very faint pink spotting (sorry - now I'M TIM) I think maybe the spotting is caused by the constipation??? Who knows. I have swollen BB but they're not sore, the nipples are extremely tingly though. I'm bloated but not uncomfortably so. But then, I am sloppin' around home in the daggiest of loose clothes. Might be different if I tried to get into my work clobber.
    I don't know what to make of any of it anymore. :smt102
    Someone should blow 2WW's up.

Blue, Cazz how are you both? Hope you're both hangin' in there.

Sue
    :flower:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast