Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception Aug-Sep 2010

hi Kristine-welcome!!

Glad you have joined us, we will be doing our antagonist cycle at a similar time, I am currently on the pill and start my jabs on the 22nd. Hope your AF comes soon.

What does MIF and AHM stand for ( how embarrassment, I am a nurse, should I know this??!)

Saffy xx

Hi Saffy, thanks for the welcome. :-)
    I meant MFI = male fertility issues. Got the letters mixed up :-)
    AMH stands for Anti-Mullerian hormone, which is a relatively new test where they measure your egg reserve. Mine was in the low area, which means that I have low egg reserve. This means I have to be on a much higher dose of medication to stimulate my ovaries and most likely I won't get many eggs. That's why I am so nervous. It was a big shock as I am only 29 years and I though I have heaps of time. As it turned out I don't and I have been told to start IVF asap. My FS is great and very positive, but it is such a huge shock.
    xx

Hi everyone - just wanted to say good luck to all the scanners today!

Hi Ladies
    Sacn went really well today - the sonographer was very encouraging, said there were about 6 good sized follies on each side. So hopefully those develop a bit more or even maybe more catch up. I would like as many eggs collected as possible so that we may get some to freeze this time. Would be over the moon if we get some to freeze as we've never had any before and always a good back up.

Saffy ~ thanks hun for the best wishes.
    SpringLola ~ thanks chicky, it's very draining isnt it - we werent too bad to begin with after the 1st go for example but after a few attempts its getting harder and harder. Yeh we used to share farm on a dairy but it was too much as Ive always had my own job as well and so we gave up the share farming and bought a house in town. DH is still dairy farming though - just for someone on a wage but he is over it now too as he's been dairy farming since he was 15. Good luck with it hun, hope you enjoy it more than I did LOL.
    LOL about Elmore too - there is only so much tractor browsing you can take isnt there. GL with the accupuncture, I find it very helpful and relaxing.

Kristine ~ Hi and
    GL with your cycle. We are doing our 1st antagonist cycle this time too - to try and get more and better quality embryos. Hope it works for you 1st go! I knew what you meant by MIF well I thought you were saying Male Infertility Factor LOL, either way works. But I wasnt sure what AMH was. Ive heard about the test though, I would be interested in getting it done myself.

Hi everyone else and hope you are all well xo

Hi all

Welcome to Kristine - hope it goes well for you!
    Loops12 - glad your scan went well

At my scan I have 5 follies on one side and 4 on the other, FS is happy so far with the way I am responding to the meds. I personally will not feel relaxed until i wake up from EPU and they tell me the number(hopefully not 21 or 23 like the last 2 goes). scan no 2 on Mon.

RAAAGGHHH... Sorry, this post is all about me...

I had my scan this morning - and seems like we have a repeat of round one. Not responding all that well to 200iu Puregon - I have 2 follies that are measuring 11 & 12mm - but all of the others are waaaay behind.

I just had a phonecall from my FS saying to up my Puregon dose to 300iu. Next scan on Monday.

I'll come back later after I have finished having my meltdown.

L x

fatslimgirl - hang in there!!! upping the dose may do the trick. I had that problem on my first cycle, first scan - they upped the gonal f and I ended up with 21 eggs. good luck for Mondays scan!!

Fatgirlslim ~ As what nicoleh said, hang in there! Im on 300iu so yes I think you should be too. I reckon that will help. Good luck on Monday - I hope the others catch up hun - hugs

Nicoleh ~ Thanks and good luck to you for Monday as well. I dont tend to have a second scan - I think I will be straight into the EPU on Monday or Tuesday, Im still waiting to hear from the nurse this arvo. That was a great result for you - im glad it wont be as painful and stressful this time for you.

Ladies ~ and tight for us all xo

Hi ladies i hope all went well with your scans! Fatgirlslim try not to be too hard on your self things can still pick up from here, goodluck xx

Welcome Kristine I am too just about to start our 2nd ICSI cycle, AF is due on the 18th Oct! But i think im doing another long down reg cycle so i will be a week or so behind you. Have you started synarel spray/lucrin injections yet? Or completely starting this AF?

AFM-I go to meet DR Tong who consults at westmead fertility clinic tomorrow to make our decision about swapping clinics If they can fit me in this AF looks like thats what will be happening due to financial reasons. I got mine and DH's blood results today but the nurse just gave me a copy of them to take to westmead she didn't tell me if they were ok???? I had a look over them and it shows the ranges they should be in and if im right they were all fine!!! Now just for the results of my DH's DNA frag test!

Sorry Ive been missing, my mum took sick nearly two weeks ago. I had a great deal of trouble getting her into hospital because she didnt want to go. Then it took all day to get an ambulance when I went and just took charge.

To top it all off I did get the cold and my daughter is sick too.

I had my scan today, I have 13 follies. I have to have my blood test tomorrow and then epu is Wed with a 2 day transfer on Friday. My FS came around as he said I have responded better to the meds. I was happy to go with a 5 day, but I think it must be a case it now suits him to do a 2 day.

frugal Guest

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread!
    I'm all nervous and excited, this is my first IVF cycle. I went to the nurse today and got my bags of needles and instructions and now I'm just waiting for AF to arrive. She's due any day now.. although I didn't temp this cycle, so I don't know for sure.
    I'm glad to hear the injections don't hurt, but the thought of them do (for now, until I actually do it I suppose!).. My nurse appointment went great. She was so lovely and seemed like she had everything under control - and hopefully will continue to! I'm SO excited that we're actually doing this. I'm just thinking little steps at this stage.. so the next step is starting injections on day 2, calling the nurse on day 1, and going through this process. The hard thing will be the travel, since we live 3 hours away. After all that, it's a HUGE crossing of fingers for DH's biopsy and if they find sperm, I'll be thrilled to bits. I guess it's better to concentrate on that, rather than worrying about eggs and numbers at this stage.
    So, that's where I'm up to. Hope to continue to read everyone's journey here and see what I'm in for. lol

Default Morning lovely ladies

Hi
    Oneday ~ Happy for you about your results , goodluck with the swapping of clinics and with your cycle hun, for you.

Trishy ~ hope your mum and daughter are ok! 13 thats great - good luck for Wed. We will both be in then - im having my EPU on Wed now too. Hope we both get that many collected, goodluck and FX

Frugal ~ and wishing you all the very best. Hope it works 1st time lucky for you, good luck! 3 hours wohh I thought 1.5 to 2 hours was far enough, can I ask where you live in Vic - just out of interest. Hope AF arrives soon too so you can get started!

AFM ~ Nurse finally rang late yestie and my FS wants to wait bit longer to see if some smaller ones catch up so the EPU is now Wed. Thats ok but the painful thing is I now have to do more needles and dont have enough to get through until Mon so I now have to drive 1.5 hrs to Sale just to pick up an extra needle Still happy about my results though

Hi everyone,
    I'm new too and thought i'd introduce myself aswell. I'm currently in the middle of my first ICSI cycle. I got the call from my clinic this morning that I have two day3 8 cell embys. I'm due for ET in 2 days.
    I too have a lowish AMH of 11.3 and am 29. I was pretty disappointed with the number of eggs I retrieved (5, of which 2 were mature) from 13 follies (7 over 13mm on trigger day).
    I did a long down reg cycle with 225 Gonal F and was wondering if I'd get a better result with an antagonist cycle? Any advice?

Night-walker ~ Hi and welcome. All the best with your ICSI - hope it works 1st go for you as well!! Good luck for your transfer
    Ive done two down reg IVF/ICSI cycles and currently in the process of 1st antagonist cycle and from what ive been told by other people the antagonist cycles are supposed to get better quality embryos. Not neccessarily more I dont think but better quality so more lasting the distance if ya get me. So far my results have been better. Ive had only the one scan but there were more and better sized follies there than previous down reg cycles. Hope that helps.
    Would be tuff to only get the two - sorry if you're down, hugs. But sometimes it just takes the one! Stay pos and for you.

Hi everyone

Loops - sounds like you've got some good ones growing! Bit of a pain having to do the drive though!

Nicoleh and Trishy - yours sounds good too

fatgirlslim - how frustrating! hope things are looking better Monday - I've got fx for you!

Oneday - yay for your results!

Frugal, Kristine and night walker - good luck!!

AFM - AF has arrived so I'll be transferring in a couple of weeks. I keep hoping that AF just isn't going to show and then when it happens I still feel hugely disappointed - silly right? Oh well - at least things are happening again

Welcome Frugal and night walker! and goodluck with your cycles. And good luck ladies for your transfers in the next few coming days.
    Dh and i went down to sydney and signed papers to swap to westmead although we wont know for sure if we will be untill the 18th oct (first day of cycle) when i ring the nurse to get started to see if they can fit us in DR Tong said they may not be able to fit us in till next yr if this is the case i think i will stay with my clinic for another cycle, i know that sounds selfish but that means it would be 5 months till i start and to me its way to long! And to top it off i needed to have another rubella shot today as it was low and i work in childcare so the DR said im at high risk with a pg, so i cant get pg for 4-6 weeks, so if i do have another STIM this cycle then we will be just on 6 weeks at transfer so im safe! I have a question, with my clinic i was put to sleep for my egg collection but i was told today by DR Tong that at westmead they only sedate their patients, so i will be awake but he said i prob wont remember anything, it freaks me out though to be awake and not be able to move! Has anyone had this???

P.s. Our blood results were all clear, DR Tong checked over them, yay. Poor DH had his ball felt by the DR to today lol..

Welcome Kristine Frugal & Nightwalker

Looops We firgure if we don't like Dairy farming we can sell the cows and DH goes back to plumbing, there is heaps of work in the irrgation area. Sounds like a good number of eggs, patience is not one of my strongest points..it will all be worth it in the end

Fatgirlslim Sending some positive vibes for you chicken...I hate the melt downs, but keep telling yourself you deserve this, Tomorrow is a new day..and there is still hope

Kass Not silly at all..our poor bodies what we put them through, we want our AF, we dont want it...its the nature of the beast..but all for good reason.

Nicoleh & Trishy They sound like good healthy numbers... for both of you

Oneday Its a hard decision but totally understand the time factor..take some time to sit in peace and quiet and think about whats best for you and DH..hopefully the answers will come...and not selfish at all I think I would prefer to be in twilight rather than knocked out, but I don't do so well after a general.

AFM Had my Acupunture on Friday..loved it. got home had a snooze on the couch for 2 1/2 hours then sound asleep again at 11pm..I never sleep like that, I do all my next day palnning in bed, sleeping has never been my friend..so love it
    Got my Royal Jelly..**** ...they told me it wasn't very nice ...but sorry TMI but it tastes like melted ear wax, mixed with cough mixture..trying to work out how I can get it down without tasting it, DH was laughing at me walking around the kitchen with my tounge stuck out trying to find something to take the taste away..

Well start sniffing tomorrow..so here we go again..

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies and as Saffy would say..look after those juicey follies

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

SpringLola: I also take RoyalJelly. It does have a rather strange taste. I just pinch my nose when I take it, so I don't have to taste it. I have some juice after. Good luck with the sniffing. I also do accupuncture and I love it.

Oneday: Glad to hear your bloodtests are all fine and good luck with your next cycle and the new clinic, if you choose to go there. I am doing an antagonist cycle. My AF should be here tomorrow, so almost time to start the injections.

Nightwalker: Best of luck with your ET. Your AMH is not that bad. It's very close to normal. I have a very low AMH (3.7) and therefore I am on an antagonist cycle with a very high dose of Puregon. I have been told that the antagonist cycle is better for people with low AMH, as it does not suppress your ovaries before stimulation. In saying that though your AMH is not that bad and I know about a lot of people who had success with a down reg cycle and much lower AMH. I guess its worth discussing with your FS next time. But fx that you don't need to as you will be pregnant this time around.

Frugal: I am so excited to see you on this thread and that we will be starting around the same time! Are you also on an antagonist cycle? When do you start with injections? Good luck with it all. Have my fingers crossed for your DHs biopsy.

Loops, Thrishy & Nicoleh: Good luck with EPU!

Fatgirlslim: I hope the small ones will catch up very quickly. I hope the increase of the dose did the trick!

Kass: Sorry AF arrived. It would have been a nice surprise. I know what you mean. I find myself still hoping it would stay away, even though there is no chance that we get pregnant naturally, as my DH has a blockage and there is definitely no sperm coming through LOL

AFM - I am excited and nervous. AF should arrive tomorrow or maybe Tuesday and then I will start my injections. My SIL told me yesterday that she is pregnant with #3. I was completly blindsided, as only 2 weeks ago she was telling me that they were done with babies and BIL was booked in for a vasectomy. Of course I am happy for them, but I guess it was a bit of a shock and I am a bit disappointed about the way she told me. They know what we are going through in the moment. I did get upset, but not upset about her being pregnant, but it just was again a big reminder that we have such a hard journey in front of us. And there were other people around, so I couldn't leave. I know it sounds stupid, but I just don't want to deal with it in the moment and I wish she wouldn't have told me just yet. I know there are a few of you with pregnant SIL and sisters. How do you deal with it?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast