Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception Aug-Sep 2010

Oh my god - it's buzzing in here!

I will have to go back and read the last few pages again before I attempt persies, but just wanted to pop in and say hi and good luck for all the action this week.

1 quickie for Terry - so sorry about your cycle. You must be devastated. Hope you're coping ok mate.

And oneday - I had sedation for my last EPU (waaaaay back) and it was exactly the same as a general, except no nasuea afterwards. Too easy!

AFM - seeing FS on Thursday to get results of last week's biopsy and make a plan of action for this cycle (hopefully).

OK ladies, let's take a moment for a big hug to help us all get through the stage we're at . Seeyas

Hi Trishy, looking forward to having some company in the TWW! Hope you are feeling better, and good luck for your EPU tomorrow.

Loops, Nicoleh, Fatgirlslim - good luck for your EPU this week also!

Saffy - thanks for your message. So far the antagonist has been much better than the down reg cycle. Hope you get through the next week okay, and get started on the jabs.

Kass - hope you are well. Am feeling a bit hormonal and emotional this time around, but not too swollen.....Looking forward to the weekend!

SpringLola - distractions are good while you are waiting to start again. I was worried I would overstimulate, but my FS was confident that I wouldn't. Have been vigilent for any signs through. Am hoping the higher dose will give us more eggs, so could be worth it in the end.

NightWalker - glad that the transfer went well. FX for you! If I get enough embryos this time, the FS will try to grow some up to blastie stage also.

Terry - so sorry to hear your transfer was cancelled. Hope you are okay *hug*.

Kristine - I deferred my last round of IVF because I was studying, and the EPU might have been on the same day as exam! Good luck with your studies and getting started with the injections.

Kaybee - hi, and hope the appointment with your FS this week goes well.

Hello to anyone else I missed!

Hi Ladies,

Bit of a me post Sorry...

Bit flat today, woke up thinking whats it all for....trying to pick myself up but really struggling.., wondering if we should've gone for the reversal instead of this..

And I haven't even had a sucessful cycle yet..I don't think I'm cut out for this IVF stuff..

Sorry just feel like my heart is being crushed...

just sending some to SpringLola

springlola- I know a woman ( an exworkmate) who had her tubes tied after 2 kids to her first husband, tried IVF with her new partner at the age of 39 and got pregnant on the 2nd go, ( I think her first cycle was cancelled) so it is worth trying, you never know how successful you can be, just give it a go. Sorry you are feeling down hun, stick it out for a few more weeks if you can xxx

frugal Guest

I'd like to send some to SpringLola to. Saying your heart is feeling crushed.. it touched me. It's exactly how I'd describe how I've felt about it too. The councillor asked DH and I how we cope with stress.. and we told her about my hair. You should have seen her face! I think she must have heard everything before, but telling her I shaved off my hair in reaction to the stress of all this must have actually shocked her. lol Do what you have to do to make yourself feel better.

Hi everyone else.. sorry I havn't replied much lately. I'm all over the place. To answer some questions:
    I'm in Stawell.
    I don't know what the cycle is called, but it'll last roughly 16 days till EPU, I think, assuming all goes to plan.

Annoying as it is, AF hasn't arrived. I'm on CD38, which is quite late.. but I had a nasty 2-week Fibromyalsia flare-up probably around O time, so it seems to have delayed things quite a bit. What a pain (in more ways than one)! Plus we have a little extra stress in our lives, because I decided I just had to get a dog.. thankfully she's on a 2 week trial, and the previous owner can easily accept her back, so I really shouldn't stress about it.. but there it is. I worked my butt off the other day to get a project done, ignored the kitchen, the place was a sty, I hit my head on the car door and went back to bed crying because I can't do anything right.. and I'm just over "me" right now, all my wrong decisions, and this whole situation.. so I've been hiding a bit again.

Sorry for the me post.. Sometimes I don't know how I really feel until I tell someone about it. Thanks for being that someone today.

springlola don't feel bad this is a really hard journey and at times we all feel what you are feeling now. It's hard to always be positive and at times we all think is this all worth and you need to let those emotions out otherwise you'll go crazy

Hope all those with EPU went well today - only have a moment as DH is working from home.

Had my 3rd scan today and the eggs still are not big enough, continue on the increased dose of puregon from 200-300 till Friday and re-scan possible EPU Monday. I thought an atagonist cycle was supposed to be smoother? Why can't I just have a straight forward cycle? too many eggs, crap quality eggs, now not big enough eggs, I was feelilng better about this cycle but now I am not. Left the FS and made it to the elevator before I burst into tears with frustration. I just want a baby - why is this so damn hard? why am I such a "difficult patient" I do everything I am told. I am just dreading this is going to be another failed cycle. I am feeling pretty low so will sign off - sorry for the vent.
    Wishing everyone else well for the stage they are at.

just a quick one I got 10 eggs. Yay
    GBHS to those struggling with the process. We all have times like this take care thinking of you all

Trishy- good one, 10 eggs is awesome! Congratulations!

Nicoleh- god, thats so disappointing, I hope so much they grow in the next few days, take it easy and rest up to give them the best chance. I can understand your frustration

Frugal- hope you are having a better day you poor thing- AF is a nuaghty little thing, she refuses to show her face when we really need her. Sounds like you have a bit of PMT ( I always feel like I can't do anything right when I have it) so hopefully she is coming very soon x

Springlola- hope you are feeling a bit better today

Kristine- wow bad timing, you can do it though, hope the exam and the scan go really well!

terry-sorry your transfer was cancelled, that must be difficult x

Hi to Ehm, Kass, nightwalker, fatgirlslim, loops, Kaybee, oneday

Goodluck to all the EPUs and transfers!!!

Default Results :-)

Hi Lovely ladies

(((GBH))) to Nicoleh and SpringLola, I know sometimes this process is very tough, feeling for you. Goodluck with the next steps, stay strong

Trishy ~ Well done on the 10 that is excellent! GL for fertilisation and transfer, FX!

This is just a quick one sorry as I need to go and rest. Im super happy and excited, best EPU Ive had. We got 15 eggs :-) Waiting for call tomorrow re: fertilisation!
    Sorry if this is hard for some of you to read I guess my past cycles havent been the smoothest either so its nice this time to get a good result. Thanks for all your lovely support xoxox

Good luck ladies, hoping for lots of BFP's in here very soon

SpringLola, Nicoleh - Sorry to hear you are both having a tough time with it all right now. We all have those moments. Hang in there!

Trishy, Loops - Congrats on the great results today! Well done.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - EPU is Friday, and I just took the trigger injection. Am exhausted, so heading off to bed now. No more needles until Friday!

Wow... such a mixed bag of emotions in here at the moment...

Congrats to Loops and Trishy - both with FANTASTIC numbers - fingers crossed we have some GREAT fertilisation rates too!

Nicoleh & Springlola - HUGE HUGS.

Nicoleh - I had a rough cycle last time and I was stimming for 4 or so weeks. I was a complete wreck emotionally... if they're still too small - that still means they're growing - mine literally sprung up overnight and I literally went from "maybe one or 2 eggs at most..." to 8 eggletts.

HELLO to everyone else... I absolutely cannot keep up in here at the moment!!!

AFM - Triggered about 30 mins ago for an 8:50am pickup on Friday morning. Had to go in for bloods this morning - to check my e levels... I have REALLY bad veins, and she tried both arms and ended up DIGGING in one arm whilst getting me to pump my fist so she could get a trickle of blood to test. NOT FUN. have a HUGE bruise on the inside of my arm - she wrapped it tight in bandages - so she knew it was gonna happen!!!

Oh God... I am trying so hard to not get too caught up in the hope/emotion/excitement of this cycle... but I couldnt help but check my estimated due data based on Friday's fertilisation... July 7th. Oh God. I hope it happens.

L x

Wow... such a mixed bag of emotions in here at the moment...

Congrats to Loops and Trishy - both with FANTASTIC numbers - fingers crossed we have some GREAT fertilisation rates too!

Nicoleh & Springlola - HUGE HUGS.

Nicoleh - I had a rough cycle last time and I was stimming for 4 or so weeks. I was a complete wreck emotionally... if they're still too small - that still means they're growing - mine literally sprung up overnight and I literally went from "maybe one or 2 eggs at most..." to 8 eggletts.

HELLO to everyone else... I absolutely cannot keep up in here at the moment!!!

AFM - Triggered about 30 mins ago for an 8:50am pickup on Friday morning. Had to go in for bloods this morning - to check my e levels... I have REALLY bad veins, and she tried both arms and ended up DIGGING in one arm whilst getting me to pump my fist so she could get a trickle of blood to test. NOT FUN. have a HUGE bruise on the inside of my arm - she wrapped it tight in bandages - so she knew it was gonna happen!!!

Oh God... I am trying so hard to not get too caught up in the hope/emotion/excitement of this cycle... but I couldnt help but check my estimated due data based on Friday's fertilisation... July 7th. Oh God. I hope it happens.

L x

fatslimgirl - great to hear you are getting your EPU Friday, obviously your increase in meds helped. Are you sure we are not related cos if I do not go and get my blood taken at one collection centre I have the same problem as you (hard to believe only one centre in Bris can get blood from me easily) last time I went to the one where my FS is and I was there ages as she had sseveral goes and dug into my arms etc.. and she could not get a drop.

loops & trishy so glad to hear your epu went well, was wondering about you both today. Great numbers and I hope fertilastion goes well for you both

springlola I know what you mean about not being cut out for this, I am feeling the same

guess I have no other choice than to wait for Fridays scan and keep my fingers crossed

hi to anyone I have missed

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and hugs...

Feeling better, scraped myself off the floor and told myself this is it, can't change it, can't control it, so get on with it

nicoleh hope Fridays scan gives you all the eggs you need..I dont think anyone is cut out for this..but this is the hand we've been delt. But rest assured you deserve a little miracle as much as the next person, press on Chicken, your almost there...

Loops & Trishy they are great numbers..keep us updated..

fatgirlslim Good luck for EPU tomorrow...excitement

frugal thanks for your kind words..not sure I'm ready to shave my head yet but hey maybe next week LOL..pity it didnt work out for you and the dog, I think I'd be even more mental without my animals to love. Sorry you had a bad day...

SaffyAh Saffy...what would I do..thanks for that, really needed..I guess the part I'm struggling with , is I can't see me with a baby..dunno if anyone else gets that. wonder if I'm just pushing **** up hill, sending myself round the bend.
    Still can't believe you get out of sniffing this cycle...how ripped off am I LOL

Sorry to anyone I've missed and thanks again for the hugs...nice to know that there are like minded kind people out there, just wish is was under differant circumstances...decided I'm going to grap one of the ponies from the back paddock to show..give me a distraction while all this stuff is going on..

Meybe its sunshine we all need..big dose of Vitamin D

And yet again I see I suffer terribly from button dyslexia check out all the typo's LMAO

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if I can join in here - I've been posting in the LTTC after MC or Loss thread for a while. We have just got to the end of the most torturous tww I can remember, only to get a BFN I'm so devastated, it never seems to get any easier to accept, even after all these years. I really thought we might have a good chance this time but after a debacle of an egg pickup that left me in hospital for two days with bleeding, seems our good chance went out the window. We do have one grade 2 embie that was frozen on day 6 (it got to expanding blastie stage) but just don't know when/if we can go there. Sorry for the me post, feeling very down. Just wondering how much longer I can do this - it's been ten long years and family and friends think we should just give up, that it's too upsetting, but the longing just doesn't go away. I just watched Tears and Hope for the first time and it summed it up so well. Not sure i have the courage to send it to family and friends for fear that they think we're feeling sorry for ourselves. I know I'll get through this and I know I'll find joy in the good things we have in our lives again but for now it just all feels too hard. Thanks for listening. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Alice x

PS Hi to Saffy and Loops, it's nice to see some familiar names in here. Loops, congratulations on your EPU that's a great # of eggs and I hope you get a great fertilisation report today. Saffy, hope your weekend away is lovely x

PPS Sorry, don't know where else to post, post-IVF, with no plans for another try for now, you are all mostly cycling so not sure if this is the right place after all...
    Last edited by Alice; October 14th, 2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: PS

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast