Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & Assisted Conception - October '05 #3

Hi everyone
    Tam, how are you?
    Chele, good luck.
    A bit dizzy atm so sorry for no other personals.
    My OPU will be this Friday. My scan showed only 3 follies - 23, 20 and 18mm. So, rather than risk overcooking, he wants to get 'em quick. The chance of any more follies at this stage is only small. Particularly given the size of the 3 there after only 7 days of stim. So, off to Sydney Fri (up at 3.30am to be there by 6.45). Then back to Sydney on Sun for transfer.
    Yep, gone off real quick this time. Totally opposite to last time.
    Hope everyone else is well.
    Love
    Sue :luck: :luck: :luck:

confusedegg Guest

Hi, can any mods please update my details, Thanks.

Name - Confusedegg (Chris)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - Irregular
    Cycle Type - (HRT) FET #1
    Months of TTC - 12 years - (with 2 year break)
    Medications - Primolut N, Estrogen, Prog pessaries.
    Important Dates - 26/11/05 - Transfer

Congrats Amanada on your that is such great news. Put your feet up and take it easy.

Regards
    Chris

confusedegg Guest

Thank you so much trish for your post... i will just go back and crawl in my hole.. Thanks again lovey.

Regards Chris

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Chris - how are today
    come out and chat - it is going to be very exciting in here next 4 weeks

Sue
    that is great news - =D> I am very happy for you - hope you have got everything organised ?

Take care

confusedegg Guest

Hi Trish..

I always know its you.

I was half answering email, when you call me back.. will answer tomorrow.. I do feel your pain also.. will explain in email..

I am sorry to hear that though...

I have the wickedest toothache... Hate dentists... although due for 6 monthly check up.. last bill is anything to go by.. is it any wonder i not like dentists..

SUE Good luck for Sunday.. praying for you mate.

Regards
    Chris

Sue - good luck with pickup tomorrow - so exciting to be at this stage of the game so quickly. Hope you and your llittle swimmers don't get caught on the F3!

Hey Humphrey - good to see your lips jabbing away today - very quiet here
    I have been lurking elsewhere except my excel files and doing my BAS - can't get my head around it today
    excited about tomorrow - you bet !

Hi girls.. I need some help.. I had a scan this morning and this time there are a total of 15 follies only they are only 12mm.. I had another BT and the doc just rang me to say the levels weren't very good (didn't get numbers) and that sometimes in these cases it's better to cancel the cycle and start again. I can't stop :smt022 .
    Its feel like the miscarraige all over again.. BFP then disappointment.
    I have taken time off work especially for the cycle and I had the EPU booked in this morning for next wednesday then BAM slapped in the face!!
    To make matters worse two of my best friends are due one of which just had her baby @ 1242 and I had already agreed to help let everyone know!! And my SIL is due on tuesday so I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to. I usually talk to my sister who has IVF twins but she is now 11weeks pg and this time it was natural so I don't want to burden her so sorry guys your it!!

I just don't know what to do now..... :smt102

oh Sheza

I don't know enough and don't know what to say to comfort you
    I am sorry ](*,)
    maybe your FSH injections were too low so start with - but they are usually very cautious with 1st timers and young ones like you - OHSS is a risk and they don't want to go there - so dose is kept low

The 1st cycle is bit of experiment - I know it doesn't help

To say you are disappointed doesn't describe it I was almost cancelled but for other end - close to OHSS -still poor result.

I can't imagine the spot you are in having to ring with good news of a new baby - can you ask someone else or do it by SMS ... that is one hard job at best of times (when long term ttc) let alone when you are so fragile emotionally after bad news. I know you are happy for them but right now look after your own sweet heart.

Thank you trish.. I was already on 200iu puregon and now due to todays BT I have to go up to 250.. its the ups and downs that kills me. If I didn't have good scans then I'd deal with low BT results but as the dr said "they looked good this morning but..."
    I have already done the ringing around.. I did end up SMS and emailing those who I didn't feel up to talking to. It just sux that now I don't feel like even going up to a maternity ward at all and my best friend (who I am meant to going in to the labour room with) is now 2 days overdue so she'll be going soon too and I'm not sure that I'm up to going with her.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shez,

ultimately the decision on whther to cancel or not is up to you. I think maybe for your own sake, you should call Dr again and get him to explain clearly to you why he thinks you should cancel this time. Also ask what he intends to do on the next cycle to prevent this happening again. Another question may be that if you cancel this time, will you have to have a break cycle before starting again. Listen carefully to his answers and see how much they convince you.

Then based on these answers, you can make up your own mind about it. If you think it's worth going ahead, you'll do it as informed about your situation and the possible pitfalls as you could possibly be. If you decide to cancel, you'll also know your next plan to action to ensure that your next cycle is better than this one.

My Dr did not want to do a blast transfer. He made a good case against it, explained all the reasons he thought it wasn't a good idea. In the end, I listened, but made my own decision.

I have had 1 cancelled cycle my 3rd stim cycle, and I know how cr*p it is to feel like it was all for nothing. But ultimately only you can make the decision to cancel, your Dr can only advise you.

love
    sushee

thanks Sush.. I have great respect for my dr and trust his advice... He too explained that the decision to cancel is ultimately mine. I guess I feel if he thinks its not optimal (and the decision wont be made until monday after another scan) and I do go ahead it's a lot of $ and I could wait and go into the next cycle with more experience due to this one.

You are all such an inspiration to me and I really appreciate the help and support..
    I guess it feels like everytime I make progress something happens to knock me back on my A$^@.
    Thanks again... Now I just have to wait....

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Shez,

sounds like your relationship with your Dr is a good, strong one, and that you trust that he will give you the best advice. When my Dr recommended my cycle get cancelled (for poor response - 3 follies) I too believed that he had my best interests at heart. Take this as solace if things don't go the way you want them too next week.

I know it seems like two steps forward, one step back sometimes. Take care of yourself and know that we're all here for a good scan on Monday!

love
    sushee

good advice Sushee

Shez - take each day as it comes - being at baby's birth is very emotional - I watched as a student (when I was about 20yrs old - i didn't even know the lady) and I bawled my eyes out - even if you go and cry - you will 'enjoy' the experience and it will be joyful in a way to see this precious event - something for you to hope for and focus on .
    No-one will know any different about why you are crying extra tears.
    Do what is best for you at the time ...

I hope your scan is great news Monday

Hi everyone
    Just a quickie (behave Trish). Want to thank you all for your best wishes. I'm still feeling a bit rushed and not yet had time to get excited. I just hope I wake from my anaesthetic and see 3 written on the back of my hand.
    Shez, you really are in a cr*ppy place. I haven't had a cycle cancelled but think I would have gone close this time for the same reason as Trish (overstim). All the other things going on can only be making it worse. I don't have anything wise to say that hasn't already been said. Just take care, if you have faith in your doctor, go with his advice. Somebody (hmmm, forget who, sorry) said the first IVF attempt is a bit of trial and error, that's very true. I've also been told in this forum and at another site, that after the first 4 days or so of stim, changing the drug dosage may not change things much. If they put it up - it may not have an impact as the growth spurt is done in those first few days. If they reduce it (as they were going to do with me), the follies can starve. Decisions, decisions. If only TTC were an exact science!!
    Hi to everyone else.
    Having an early night, have to be in Sydney by 6.15 in the morning now. At least I'll be home before lunch!!
    Love
    Sue

Sue - we have been out and you might not get this message
    but I am thinking of you for tomorrow and [-o< for three eggs and 100% fertilisation

go get them girl

Blue Sky Guest

Good luck Sue!!
    [-o<

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast