Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #4

hi girls!
    Gosh, it's very quiet in here ATM! I thought I'd quickly pop in and say hi and see how everyone is travelling.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words of support about my friend. The funeral was hard, but I guess exacted some sort of closure, although I still can't quite believe she is gone. I'm getting better though, I've had DS to keep me busy and his birthday party to plan.

Hope: How are you going? You must be 12 weeks? I hope things are going well.

Mel: How strange, ovulating twice? I thought that was a myth, but I guess not! Hopefully this cycle is more managable for you and good luck with getting your BFP!

Liz:I hope that there was a nice big follie for you today and you had your trigger shot. GL!

Porsche: I'm glad they gave you another scan and that everything seems to be going fine with bubs. I have everything crossed that it will continue along in that way! Are you getting more reguilar scans? A friend of mine who had a history of preterm labour was able to get scan every 2 weeks from her whole pregnancy!

Claudette- Sorry for your BFN but hopefully you'll get one this month and wont need IUI or IVF, but at least the option is there if you need it. It was good to hear from you!

Jules, Shan, N2L hope you guys are going along ok and have enjoyed your hols, etc.
    Keli, Mez, Tammara and anyone else who hasn't popped in for a while or is just checking in, HI! Hope you are well!

AFM: CD7 for me and this is my first natural cycle in a while, so not sure what to expect. Probably nothing! I go back to the FS next Wednesday to see how all my BT have come back and whether or not I indeed have PCOS or just PCO. I'm inclined to think I do, but the hormones will give the whole story. Bloody DH didn't get his bum into gear and go and do his sperm analysis, so he's booked in for Monday and we won't have the results of that for the appointment on Wed. Men!
    My weight loss slowed a bit last week with everything that was going on but I've lost about 4.5kg in 5 weeks so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm actually enjoying walking now and I'm getting fitter which feels good. I'm finding that when I walk, I imagine myself walking along with a big pregnant belly, and it helps to motivate me to work harder. I probably look a little odd walking along with a huge grin on my face, but what ever works for me, right?!
    Have a great weekend everyone, my baby is turning 4 on Saturday (OMG!) and we're having a Jungle party/Grand Final Day party. GO THE PIES (Yes I have all my teeth!!)! so I'm super busy for the next few days. I'll pop in next week, and hopefully most of us will be back by then!

Bec
    XXXX

Liz & Porsche we must have posted at the same time! Liz- that sucks, hugs to you. Give eggie some time, maybe he/she's getting ready for a bigger journey than just ovulating! Porsche- I can't believe you're 8w3d already. What are the jabs for now?
    Bec

Bec: Happy Birthday to your little boy for Saturday. I hope he has a wonderful party. Congrats on the weight loss, that is great. I love your motivation for walking. Who cares what you look like walking with a smile on your face, it's probably refreshing for anyone who drives past and see's that some one is really enjoying their fitness, lol. My Dh was the same with the sperm analysis, he kept putting it to the side for ages. In the end he didn't end up doing it cause we found out I was UTD - lucky for him. They are lucky that is all they have to do, what about all the test's and medication that we have to endure. All the best for your appointment on Wednesday. Hopefully it will bring some answers for you. You never know, this month could be the month for you.

I am now 14 weeks and 3 days. Can't remember if I have actually been in and filled you in on this, but we are having twins. We found that out on our 3rd scan so it was a bit of a shock. I have my next scan on Tuesday and than if it all still looks good we are going to fill in the whole family that weekend. I find that a little scary but exciting also. It works out well cause it is Dh b'day that weekend so we are having everyone over for a bbq for him so we can tell all at one time. I had a stitch put in my cervix two weeks ago and it looks like I will be on antibiotics for the remainder of the pregnancy because of it. All in all, everything seems to be going pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by becnxavi View Post
    Liz & Porsche we must have posted at the same time! Liz- that sucks, hugs to you. Give eggie some time, maybe he/she's getting ready for a bigger journey than just ovulating! Porsche- I can't believe you're 8w3d already. What are the jabs for now?
    Bec
    Yep more jabbing. I'm on Clexane which is a blood thinners and FS has all his patience with a history of M/C to have them right up until 12 weeks. So another 3 or 4 weeks to go.

That's interesting Porsche. My old FS prescribed clexane, but my new one doesn't want me to take at all. Hopefully it helps! Are they better or worse that the gonal?
    Hope- you did let us know you were having twins. I'm so glad all is going well and have fun letting the fam know. How exciting!!! Are you going to find out what you are having?
    Bec

Hey Ladies,

Wow so quiet in here at the moment. Just thought I would pop in to say hi.

Bec, glad to hear you are doing better hun, woo hoo on loosing 4.5kg, you must feel amazing, that is fabulous news. Yey to a natural cycle, that too is awesome hun. Poo to men not getting their tests done in a timely manner, arrrr, seriously they don’t have much to do in the whole TTC cycle and then they get something to do and forget to do it, I feel your pain hun. Happy birthday to your gorgeous little boy for Sunday, wow 4 he’s a big boy now, he he! You are sounding like you are in a very good space at the moment, its great to hear.

Porshce, hope you’re travelling along nicely, wow 8 weeks and 3 days already, time truly does fly, you must be getting so excited. I still have everything crossed for you, cant wait to hear good news about your 12 week scan, are you booked in yet?

Hope, I think you have told us about the twins but congrates again anyway, so exciting. GL telling the family, it’s the best being able to share such fabulous news.

Just thought I would update you all on my sister (I have mentioned her on this site before). So it looks like she O’d for the first time EVER this cycle. She is 29 years old and has PCO and has never O’d before. She has been off the pill for over 2 years and has not been able to get AF unless she starts back on the pill for a bit again. So as you can imagine this is very exciting news in our family. She O’d on 150mg of Clomid and was about to start injections cos she didn’t think it worked. I’ll keep you posted on her progress.

AFM: Not much to report, I’m almost 28weeks now, can’t believe how fast it is all flying. Very much looking to some BFP’s from you lovely ladies this month, it has been way too long again.

Hope you are all travelling well and the site is quiet because you’re all so busy with life and those BFP’s are going to flock in in the next few weeks.

Babydust to all
    Xxoo

Porsche 8 weeks, I was a little off but you aren't that much earlier. Will you have to do the jabs even after the 12 weeks or is that when you can stop. I don't know if I could keep jabbing myself through a whole pg, although if it meant that I would give birth to a baby then I would. FX'd all goes well for the next 32 weeks.

Bec, poo about your DH not getting in on time for his sample, they don't have to do too much during our journey's and you would think they could be organisd, men!! Woohoo on the weight loss, and who cares what people think when they see you walking, at leats you are doing something about it and are happy doing it. Big happy birthday to you little boy, hope all goes well for the party and you have a great weekend. Oh and GL with this cycle, you never know this could be your month.

Hope I think I can remember you telling us that you ar having twins, that is still so exciting, 2 little bubbas growing inside you. GL for your scan and telling everyone at DH b'day bbq. Just wondering if you are going to try and find out what you are having, that is if they are lying the right way, it can be hard enough having only 1 to find out, but having 4 arms and legs in there could be a little harder.

Keli wow, 28 weeks, time has flown fast. That is good news about your sister. I must say my last cycle I was exsatic about ovulating, even though I knew I would from the trigger shot, it was still a good feeling that it actually worked for once. Best wishes for you and the rest of your pregnancy.

Well a happier post from me now that I am feeling better. I decided to have a sicky today from work, just couldn't deal with it all today. I must have needed time to myself, I went down earlier to have a snooze and slept for over 2 hours and only only woke up cause DH rang to see how I was. Bec I hope you are right about my egg getting ready for a bigger journey.

Hoping everyone has a great weeeknd and so looking forward to some more BFP's on here including my own.

epayne: Thanks. I'm still undecided whether or not to find out. DH doesn't want to and if it was just one I wouldn't even consider it. Guess I'll have to sleep on it a little longer, lol.

Hi Ladies

No I don't need to keep jabbing after 12 weeks. I stop all meds then thank god lol.

Bec - I also take cartia as well. I guess every FS has their own method. My FS is a bit over the top with meds but at the end of the day he has fantastic results so I'm not complaining. They sting more than the Puregon. I've not tried the Gonal so i assume it's the same as puregon in a pen type injection?

Keli - 28 weeks wow time certainly flies.

Hi All!

Happy Grand Final Day!! (although, if you're a Geelong supporter like me, you wont be very happy --- especially, if like me, you live with two rabid Collingwood supporters - DH and DD)

Havent posted for ages - sorry! Have lurked a little bit but it has been very quiet up until now!

It's great to hear everyone is going well - especially those of you UTD It's lovely to read about your progress.

Hope - I know what you mean about finding out the gender of your bubs. It is hard to decide. I did with my DD but that was because her dad (my ex) had three boys already. I wanted a girl (but would have been happy either way). I never regretted finding out. We didnt tell ANYONE though so there was still an element of surprise. I think I would again if I am lucky enough to get pregnant. My DH has no biological children of his own and he is the last male in his family line. I would love to have a boy (again, would be happy with either) so it would be good to prepare myself either way....if you know what I mean!

Liz - in answer to your question of ages ago about the trigger shot (sorry for the delay!!!). The night I gave it to myself I had seen my FS earlier in the day. She just told me to have it that night. Not sure why she picked night over morning.

Bec - Happy Birthday to your little boy. Four is a lovely age. And kids parties - although exhausting - are great fun Good to hear you are enjoying your walking. I need to get back on track and start up again now the weather is getting nicer. It's a lovely morning here in Melbourne, I should be out there now instead of here on the computer! Good luck with your appointment on Wednesday. Maybe you could get the andrology guys to rush through the results????

Clamgee - Enjoy your month of "rest". I hope it does you well and you come back to all of this refreshed of mind and body

wannababy - Ovulating twice!! Kind of ironic isnt it given how we have so many issues ovulating even once most of the time! If only we could program our bodies to do what we want it to do, when we want it to... Good luck sweetie.

AFM: CD 28, and 10 days past ovulation. My boobs are aching and I have been pretty tired. But I have done a couple of HPTs in the past week and they have been negative. I know it is too early to be definite, but I am pretty sure I am not pregnant. Four more days or so until AF is due so I guess I will know for sure soon enough. Only one more round of clomid before my FS wants to move onto IVF. DH and I have an appointment on Nov 10 to discuss next move --- unless, by some miracle, I get up the duff by then....unlikely though

Anyhoo, busting for loo. (sorry if TMI). Hello, and best wishes, to anyone I have missed.

Take care all

n2l x
    Last edited by nothing2lose; September 25th, 2010 at 10:28 AM.

Sorry to say this but im a rabit collingwood girl and ym hubby is geelong

Hope everyone is travelling along nicely, just wanted to pop in for a quick catch up before the game - go pies!

Porsche that is good that you only have to jab yourself until 12 weeks, I think it might get quite painful right at the end with a big belly to jab, lol.

Hope good luck on deciding what to do. When I am pg I want to find out what we are having, but I will have to convince DH that he wants to as well, some strategic planning for me when I am, hehehe.

N2L thanks, I was wondering why they let you give it to yourself, mine says it has to be given by a doc. When I went the other day he said if I knew a nurse that he wanted it done this mon night, but as I don't then I have to go iin and get their nurse to do it. My sister thinks it's a little wierd as she did her own as well, thinking it must be a QLD thing. Your not out for the count yet, not until AF shows and I think it might have been a little too early for a test, goodluck and hopefully you get your BFP.

Oh Tammara, you poor thing having to wait another week to find out who is going to win the GF. I just don't understand why they don't have extra time like all the other sports do, sorry I don't follow AFL so don't know much bout the game.

Well AFM last day of jabbing YIPPEE and I'm so glad it is, I have really started to feel it in my ovaries the last few days. My FS did say that these injections do take their toll on your ovaries and I have started to get what he means. I've been getting lots of niggling cramps and like someone is constantly poking them. So off to the nurse in the morning to get the trigger shot and then have some fun (sorry TMI) and I am hoping that DH doesn't get sick he has started to not feel well so hoping if he does get sick then it holds of until the end of the week.
    I got my baby back yesturday (my 9yr old dog), she has been staying at my folks place for 4 weeks as we got our backyard landscaped and it was easier for her not to be in the yard until the turf was layed. It was quite funny when we got there, mum opened the garage door and she ran straight around the car and jumped in on the back seat and didn't want to get out. When we took her back inside she kept checking that we were still there. I know mum and dad look after her, actually they spoil her (so I am thinking our kids will be too), it is just her daddy(DH) was there and she absolutely loves her daddy. Well I better go and put the towels on the line and put the sheets on to wash, sinec I have babbled on.

Looking forward to some more BFP's on here, we sooo need some.

and to everyone

Hi Girls!
    What a fizzer the grand final was! I'm a collingwood supporter too, and I can't believe another week to go!

N2L: You just never know which cycle will be yours! I hope this one is, and you get a nice surprise in the next few days.

Liz: Woohoo for no more jabs. I remember you said about the landscaping, does it look good? We are in the process of doing our backyard too, it certainly is expensive! Hopefully DH doesn't get sick, although being a man, even if he does, I'm sure he'll manage something, my DH certainly would!
    Porsche: At least your FS is proanctive. Time will tell with mine! Only a couple more weeks of jabs for you at least. When is your next scan?
    Jules- How are you going? Hope your holiday is going well!
    Tammara- Who will have dibs on your bub? Will she be a magpie or a cat? I'm lucky my DH isn't really fanatical about his team, so DS is a magpie. Hopefully your bubs won't turn to the dark side (by that I mean the cats!)
    Hope: I can imagine with Twins I'd wantto know too. Because you will have to buy double everthing, I guess it makes sense to know what to buy? We found out with DS and we probably would again, and we didn't regret it either. I like to be organised so knowing hwat to buy worked for me! GL which ever way you go.
    AFM: DS's party went really well! We did have a big day though, DS's friends arrived at 10.30 for his Jungle party and then when they left at 12.30 all of our family and friends arrived for the family party and GF celebration. By the time everyone left at 11pm, I was exhausted! I had a great day though. The daughter of my friend who passed away last week came and I had a great chat with her. She had a m/c ealier in the year too (her second) and it was so nice to talk to someone who really got it. She also has recently been diagnosed with PCOS so I was giving her some tips about FS's and meds and stuff.
    Anyway, I best be off, I still have to mop all the floors (darn floorboards!) and organise dinner.
    Stay well everyone!
    Bec

Time for a new thread.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617