Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #5

Thanks epayne,

Sorry i didn't see your post! and i went on to thank other people (how rude!)
    My FS has put me on 50mg clomid to start with.
    In the past 14 months since coming off BC my cycles have gone from 90+ days to 70 and the last two cycles have been about 40 days. Never in my life have i had 40 day cycles, they are usually twice a year (without BC) so I'm hoping they will regulate quickly as i my body doesn't give me many clues as to when (if ever) i ovulate.

Took my first tablet last night, so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by wannababymumma View Post
    Just a quick question girls - when you have your follicle scans, is it a vaginal ultrasound, or normal ultrasound or something else? Just wondering if you don't mind telling me!
    WBM - The follicle scan is a vaginal scan... (I hate them) I have just had my first one last week.

Good morning ladies, wannababay - i think they will always for a vaginal scan for follies and early preg scans. I personally didnt find them too bad - but in saying that i did end up having quite a few and they sort of become normal after a while.

Rai - Sorry I can't answer your question. I was only taking Clomid with no monitoring and am due to start IUI, so I am a bit green as to what happens when etc...

Tasha - n2l has pretty much covered everything you need to be awareof when taking Clomid. I took mine from CD 3 to 7, so it really depends on what your FS says to do. In the end it may just be that you O late or earlier in your cycle, depending when you take it. (if that makes sense?)

Liz - GL with the follie - I hope you get a good size one & catch that egg! To check your tubes they will probably do a laparoscopy & dye study to see if there are any blockages....

Kriste - [email protected]! That is alot to take in & obviously not what you were expecting. I hope all is ok. *hugs*

AFM - CD29 & still no AF. Spoke to the clinic and they said if AF shows on Friday or the weekend just to come in Monday to get meds to start that day - no biggy she said.

Hi to everyone else, got to go take DD to swimming. Take care all x

Smile Hi everyone,

nothing2lose- thanks, Yes i will have to make an appointment to see FS and sort things
    out.
    epayne- $100 for IUI is great. What your doing with the injectables and trigger then home to DTD was what i wanted to do to try if that worked first before doing IUI. My FS checked my tubes which was flushing dye through them to see if they are open and ok. If that's what your having done i did not find it too bad but make sure you take painkillers before hand i took nurofen. You are supposed to be more fertile for 3 months after. good luck.

Kristie86- So sorry about your results. Hoping everything goes well for you and you can start ttc straight away. sending you lots of good luck and good thoughts.

wannababymumma- when i get my follical scan its a vaginal ultrasound. I have them every month to check my follicals there not painfull. goodluck

Tasha- good luck with the 1st round of clomid hopefully 1st time lucky. Hopefully AF will regulate it is supposed to on clomid from what i understand.

RhiChiChi- Thanks for answering anyway. I'm going to have to start IUI soon cause clomid not getting me pregnant. Good luck with starting IUI. Please let me know what you have to do and how it goes and what happens sorry for being a sticky beak but interested how it goes for you. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tammara View Post
    Good morning ladies, wannababay - i think they will always for a vaginal scan for follies and early preg scans. I personally didnt find them too bad - but in saying that i did end up having quite a few and they sort of become normal after a while.
    :yeahthat: I agree with Tammara - I've had so many dildo cams they are part of the "norm" for me. lol I'd virtually have my knickers off before I'd even entered the office.

kristie86 - Wow totally not what you wanted to hear. I'm glad you've found a great Dr. It makes all the difference. I hope it's nothing serious. FX. A general anestetic isn't all that bad. I've had 3 now. I was so frightened the first time I almost shook off of the bed lol. All they do is put a IV in your hand and put an injection of the sleepy stuff in there. Or you walk into the tearter and they do the happy gas. You are talking to them all one minute and the next your waking up in recovery. I couldn't remember dropping off. You'll be fine. You'll be in the best possible place. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    :yeahthat: I agree with Tammara - I've had so many dildo cams they are part of the "norm" for me. lol I'd virtually have my knickers off before I'd even entered the office.
    LMAO @ you Porsche! I have had a few "dildo cams" (as you so eloquently put it) when they have checked the cysts on my ovaries over the years, and I assumed it would be the same for the follie scans, but wasn't 100% sure. I hope that if I need to start having them (this is my last Clomid cycle with my OB/GYN, after that it's onto the FS and he will start scans, BT etc etc), that I can be as relaxed about it as you Porsche! It's not so much the actual camera, as the human being attached to it that makes me uncomfortable!

Sorry to hear about your news Kristie, hopefully they will get you through this quickly and safely and you can start your much wanted family soon. At least you have caught this while you are still young, I am sure it would be worse the longer it was left untreated!

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Seems like a lot is going on here.

Kristie - I was on this forum a few months ago, and since I grew very fond of the women in here, I still come in and check in how everyone is going. When I read your post, I couldn't pass the opportunity to offer my support. Hun, that sounds terrible and so scary, not at all what you thought would be the outcome. One upside is that you can get your issues investigated and addressed so that you can achieve your long awaited and much desired PG. I hope there is no cancer cells in there and the operation is a success. Sydney IVF are amazing - I went there as well, and have a couple of friends who have undergone IVF treatment with SIVF (I fell PG on clomid), so I think you are in good hands. Best of luck with the operation and as Porsche says the general isn't too bad. Take care!!!

Good luck to everyone else, we need another round of BFPs soon xx

Hi all

Just a quick post. Will write more later!

Kristie - I just wanted to say I am going through EXACTLY the same thing as you so I know how you feel. My FS told me she thinks I have endometrial hyperplasia at my last appointment so I have read up HEAPS and HEAPS about it since then. I have to have the same procedures as you. Basically the "operation" is just a biopsy so it's not too bad. It's just to check whether there are any pre-cancerous cells. If you are bleeding it is unlikely the outcome will be bad. Most of the time the cancer is developed by post menopausal women or women who very rarely bleed. I have a very good oncologist (He is the head of gyno oncology at the Royal Women's in Melbourne) that I already see for consistently high CA125 levels --- CA125 stands for cancer antigen levels and it is a tumour marker for ovarian cancer. According to him, these tests are precautionary and it's very unlikely to be anything to worry about. That said, I know how you feel. Trust me...It is hard not to worry. But try not to

Take care

n2l
    Last edited by nothing2lose; October 22nd, 2010 at 08:08 AM.

Rai - Yeah, no worries about letting you know what I have to do. Am off today to get my meds etc.... @ 3pm. AF showed up this morning and I want to start this weekend (Sunday)

Hope everyone is well. The weather in Melbourne is glorious today

I have a question for anyone,

Can you drink any alcohol when taking clomid?
    I forgot to ask my OB/GYN. I know alcohol is a big no-no when ttc, but was just wondering if one or two would hurt. My cousin is coming interstate for the long weekend and would be nice to have a drink.

Default Hi

Tasha- Yes i know drinking while ttc is a no no but i do every now and again and i'm taking clomid and metmorphin so i would not worry about it. Hope you have a great weekend

Hi rai,
    Guess a couple wont hurt, thanks, enjoy your weekend too

Thanks everyone for you support and kind words

pumpgirl: thankyou very much for your support and reassurence, im trying not to worry but i dont think i will really stop worring until im awake and its all over, ive been under general anthestic before when i was little, but i just have a fear of not waking back up, i know it sounds stupid but i just cant help it...

nothing2lose: Its so good (i mean its not good at all but great to know im not alone) to have someone else going through the exact same situation, when is your procedure being done and are you going to be put under general anthestic? its going to be a long couple of weeks...

Once again thankyou SOOOOO much everyone for your well wishes and i hope i can report back soon that nothing was found and we are back on the ttc bandwagon with good news to share soon...

Hello
    Will try and do persies but if I miss anyone please forgive me.

Kristie - I can't imagine how afraid you must be right now. Hopefully it all comes and goes quickly and you can get back to ttc, I am glad you have found a wonderful Dr to help you through all this.

Tasha - everyone needs to have a break and enjoy themselves every now and again so I don't think a couple of drinks will hurt. Hopefully you don't get too many side effests cause they aren't usually pleasant.

Rhi - good luck with the meds, hope they aren't too painful.

Mel - hope this cycle works for you, FX'd it already has

Porsche - got a giggle out of your dildo cam comment, just what I needed after a very long work week

Tammara - how are you, must be getting close now.

Liz - hope your shed antics result in a BFP soon, have fun on your weekend away. Good job on getting more active, hope you get some results from it.

Hope - DH must have really loved his dog. I named our recent addition to our furry family bandit cause DH saw that in a book and thought that would be a cool name so now he can't use it,lol. hope everything is going well with you

n2l - how is everything going? hope you get your BFP, we need one in here

Rai - good luck at finding time to dtd this cycle

Bec - how did the folly scan go? hope it all works out for you

hi to anyone else I missed.

AFM - well cd 34 and still no sign of Oíng so I probably won't this cycle. My cycles have still been all over he place even with the clomid but the longest was 45 days. Have my doc's appt on the 11/11 so will have to see what he comes up with next.

& & &

sorry just a quick one from me as wwe have to pack the car, went to have another scan this morning and it was S**t. The follie that was on my left ovary has gone (don't know why) and my right side has got lots of little ones still that haven't changed at all. Our fs seemed a little puzzled as to what is going on so I had blood tests. I rang to get the results and I have to jab more and go back on tues for another scan, not getting my hopes up though Also our fs said that he would like us to think about IVF as he doesn't think this is going to work. As $$ isn't exactly flowing greatly at the moment we won't be able to do IVF till mid next year. So lots of thinking and talking to do over the next few weeks for us.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I know I can't wait to see my sis, BIL and nephew.

Sticky vibes and baby dust to everyone

HI Girls!
    Gosh I step out for a few days and I have just spent an hour catching up! Apologies cause I can't remember who said what, but I will try...

First of all, welcome to Tasha! I hope that you can gleen as much support from these lovely ladies as I have. I know it can be rough at times, but it's nice to know that you are not alone. GL with your first round!

Kristy- so sorry to hear your appointment threw you such a curve ball. I know it's scary not knowing what's happening, and it must be hard putting TTC on hold for a while. But just think, if you hadn't gone to the appointment you might not have know what was happening and it might have caught you off guard. Does that make sense? I hope it turns out to be a small and fixable thing and you are back on your feet soon.

Jules- Sorry AF showed up, and good luck with jabs. I am also a fellow jelly belly, and I reckon it helps! the jabs seriously don;t hurt much at all. GL!

Liz- how did the scan go today? Hopefully you can utilise your relatives shed... Looks like we are close in our cycles, hopefully in our BFP's as well!

I know I've missed Rai, pumpgirl, Tammara, Shan, Mel, Porsche, Hope, N2L, Keli, Mez, Clamgee (you might be checking in!), and I promise to come back to do more persies tomorrow.

AFM: Well I had my CD14 scan tomday and as usual not much is happening! Follies developing (heaps on each side) but no dominants yet. I have to up my meds and go back on Wed for another scan. I was a bit disappointed becasue I was hopping that I could Pregnyl today and DTD all weekend... lol! Anyway, a few more days wont really matter! Maybe I'll get all of the long weekend next weekend instead!

I super hope you are all well. Waiting for those BFP's girls!
    Bec (hoping this is her cycle for a sticky bub)

Hello everyone,

Becnxavi - Thankyou, it's nice to meet some ladies who can help you through it. Before i registered here i felt so alone and nobody had any answers for me. But now i feel great!

ShanShan - I have one tablet left of this round and so far NO side effects! apart from a tiny amount of pains in my ovaries, i can feel something goin on in there

If you get side effects from clomid, do they only occur in the 5 days you are actively taking them? or is it all through your cycle?

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast