Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #5

Hi ladies, hope your all doing well and trying to keep positive.

I am almost there shan shan 15 days to go till my due date but i have had a little talk with my belly and told maddison i think it would be best if she arrives on november 2 - melbourne cup day. I have a phsyco same date/day thing we have lots of double up birthdays in both familys, we have a birthday on halloween, anzac day, the queens actual bd, new year day, chrissy eve and things seem to happen on significant days. Good chances are that she will share a birthday anyway, we have october 31, nov 1, 3 and 6 oh and my friend is on november 22 but there is no way im holding out that long lol. Im feeling ok just very tired but im not working now so i have the chance to curl up in bed and snooze, my only problem is carple tunel in my left hand and fore arm which is pretty horrible but worth every pin and needle

Hope your travelling along nicely porche and other graduates of corse have a great day

Hey all,

Shan - GL for your appt. I hope you can get a new direction!

Liz - :S I'm sorry to hear that your scan wasn't as positive as it should be. Bec made a good point though. I would still be in the dark too if it wasn't for my FS.

Bec - Good to know that the extra padding helps! lol. I picked up my meds yesterday & just re-checked with her where to jab & she said 'here, on this roll of fat!' lol Just DTD the weekend away anyway I say! hehe

Tasha - I got the side effects mainly in the second half of my cycle....

Hi to everyone else, got to go - out with my sister wedding dress shopping

Hi Ladies

tammara - My DD was born on Melbourne Cup day wayyyy back in 2002. She was born 1 minute before the race was run lol. No wonder she's horse mad.

Rhichichi - Good luck with the jabbing you'll be fine.

It depends Tasha. I found my worst side effects (migraines, nausea, dizziness) were when I took the tablets but the hot flushes and moodiness tended to be afterwards. Be prepared that sometimes ovulation pain on clomid is quite painful, but on the up side, if you get that at least you know you ovulated! HTH

Yes, i have heard this too. The last few cycles i had ovulation pains (i think they were o pains) but still unsure if i did O or not.
    I have also heard that sometimes the body gears up to ovulate, giving you O symptoms, but then no egg is released. My cycles have been so crazy, it will be nice to just make a phone call and have someone tell me if i ovulated or not, rather than wondering and waiting! (OPK's don't work for me)

Thanks again!

Tasha
    I get hot flushes from the 2nd day of taking the clomid for about 3 weeks (which is terrible when you have to teach exercise classes, leads to nausea and dizzy spells) and the mood swings just seem to keep hanging around (DH just gave me some handpicked roses which has made this day start off well though). I only got O pains last cycle so can't help you there. haven't had any pains or symptoms this cycle so who knows what is going on.

HI all

Is anyone else sick of the fact our bodies don't come with instruction manuals...??? I read these pages and think about my own experiences and it seems to me we spend most of our time trying to work out what our bodies are doing. A few more flashing lights, knobs and dials would really come in handy. Not happy with the mood you're in? Turn the knob to where it reads "Sweetie Pie"...Dont know if you're ovulating? Just look at the O light and see if it's green yet...Wouldnt that be soooo much better!!!! Of course the moment we conceive there would be a great big flashing light that would let us know (that was somehow secret to the rest of the world). There'd be none of this two week wait crap to have to endure. The POAS business would go bust because each of us wouldnt use 2309127439103741 of them each time in the lead up to AF. lol Ah well, we can only dream.....

I think I am out this month. I am CD 27, 10 dpo. Last cycle I got AF around CD31-32. I have no symptoms except for some mild lower backache. Of course I did a HPT yesterday and got a BFN. I know it was too early to be definite (esp since it was a clear blue digital which arent an early test one) but I couldnt help myself (who of us can?) But I dont feel pregnant so I pretty much know it's not my month DH and I have an appointment on Nov 10 with the FS to discuss options (she wants to go straight on to an antagonist IVF cycle given I am old and my "multiple infertility factors") so I guess we need to start thinking about that seriously. Even then, according to their charts it's only a 35 per cent chance I will get UTD. Good news in the Age newspaper today though...my clinic has just introduced a ground breaking technique to help older couples be successful in IVF by identifying the most healthy eggs for implantation (thereby reducing mc risk, etc). The article says -

'For the first time, would-be parents will be offered comprehensive genetic screening allowing eggs and embryos to be tested for the full range of chromosomal disorders.
    Until now, clinics could only provide testing for up to 10 of the 23 chromosome pairs. Embryos with unscreened abnormalities often die within days of being implanted back into the patient, with up to 70 per cent containing defects. Melbourne IVF will be the first Australian clinic to use the technique, which doctors say should relieve some of the heartache for those trying to start a family because almost all embryos being implanted should be healthy and therefore have a stronger chance of progressing to a viable pregnancy.'

So I guess that is something...Anyway, I am keenly aware that this has turned into a ME post. Sorry!

I hope everyone is keeping strong and in a good place mentally, physically and emotionally.
    Take care all x

n2l

Smile Hi everyone,

Tammara- I love the name Maddison, my eldest sons girlfriends name is Maddison and she is so lovely. You must be so excited not long now till you meet your beautiful little girl. My wish for you is a short fast easy labour.

RhiChiChi- Good luck with starting to jab this weekend

Tasha- I must have got lucky with clomid i have no side effects from it. I used to feel when i was O'ing but the last few months i have felt nothing but blood test comform that i am. But i am taking pregnyl shot as well and that makes it so much easier. I hope you dont get any side effects.

nothing2lose-That's really interesting about IVF offering comprehensive genetic screening it gives me hope as well. Dont give up i had no symptons with both my sons i was actually positive i was not pregnant with DS2. There is always hope till AF arrives.
    Yes i wish our bodys come with instruction manuals i just dont think it shoud be this hard.

Bec- Do you usually O on day 14 or what day do you usually O? Were your follicles more mature on day 14 with clomid? Are there alot more follies with jabbing or the same as clomid? My DP said he would do a SA if i lost 15kg i'm trying hard so then i can go onto what your doing with the jabbing then home to DTD. Really hoping for big follies for your next scan on Wed. Good luck.

ShanShan- Thanks we managed to DTD once so not much hope this cycle.

Hey all,

Porsche - The needle wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It took me about 15 minutes of working myseld up to do it! lol FX I have done it correctly

n2l - Yep, I need an instruction manual - that would be awesome! lol Interesting about the IVF changes.... haven't heard anything at my clinic. I hope it was too early to test for you, but if AF shows up, the 10th isn't far away.

Hi to everyone else

Hi girls,
    n2l: I hope you are wrong and AF stays away for some time (9 months ought to do it...) and this is your cycle! FX for you. I agree on the flashing lights thing, that would be awesome!

rai: FSH injections produce many more follies which is why you need to be carefully monitored and they withhold prgnyl if you have too many. There is much less chance of this happening with clomid. I never o on CD14, even on clomid so I'm not that surprised. My cycles are rarely less than 35 days, but since I didn't have periods at all without it, I'm cool with that! My FS does SA regardless to rule that out so I reckon it's worth doing even while you are losing the weight. The good thing about doing it now is that many problems with mens swimmers can be fixed with vitamins and meds.

Jules: They aren't too bad are they? I know what you mean about the first one. I stood in my kitchen for about 15 mins putting the needle to my belly and almost passing out! Then I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid I was being! It's all good now.

AFM: I have spent an aweful 24 hours with my DS in hospital. He decided that he would take a flying leap off the trampoline and fell and broke both of the bones in his left forearm. His arm was 40o out of whack. So yesterday he had his first broken bone, first trip in an ambulance, first operation (to correct the break), first anasthetic, first stay in hospital! What a day! He's doing well now, he's not even in too much pain (yet!). Unfortunately that means I didn't do my shot last night, but I hope that will be ok. It was pretty unavoidable really!
    So now I'm just waiting for scan on Wednesday and hopefully things will be happening and I can get BIIZZAY... with the pregnyl shots that is!
    Have a good week ladies! Hi to everyone
    Bec

p.s. the new IVF thing is about the fertilised embryos absorbing a glucose solution. They have found that the more glucose an embryo absorbs the more genetically perfect and healthy it is. I read an article in the herald sun on it the other day. I think it's the same thing as what you found rai

Bec - OMG! Poor Xavier That would have been awful

Default Bec

That's terrible poor Xavier. How is he feeling today? Really hope his not in too much pain

oh Bec your poor little man. Hey is he going now? Good luck for your scan on Wed hopefully it will be much better than what mine was and then yo can get down and get dirty

Rai, you aren't out until AF decides to show, so you never know you could have done it just at the right time. You are a very lucky person not to get any side effects.

N2L I so wish that our bodies came with manuals, or at least worked like they are supposed to so that way we wouldn't have to go through all of the emotional crap. You aren't out yet for this cycle and even if you are at least you have a plan of attack (so to speak).

Kristy that was so not what you were wanting to hear, but at least you know what is going on and hoping like anything for you that it will be easily fixed and you won't have to put off TTC for too long.

Hi to everyone else, hope you are travelling well.

Well I am starting to think that DH and I aren't meant to have kids. We went to our appointment this morning and I have no follies at all. So he has upped my injections to 112.5iu a shot and 2 500mg metformin tablets a day. I am going back on monday to have another scan. Also DH and I have had a big talk and as our next step is IVF we have decided that if we aren't UTD by xmas then we are going to have a break and just save our pennies. Sorry bout all the gloom and doom I seem to be posting lately, just not much good seems to be happening.

Babydust and stickyvibes to all

Hi all
    Epayne - I also went for my follicle scan yesterday - CD 14 and none either!!! Absolutely gutted... I know my cycle can often be 35 days, give or take a few, but I thought there would have been at least some kind of evidence. We have our Assisted Conception on Friday, so I hope something happens soon, as I am starting to think I have wasted a year taking clomid!
    Anyway, love and positive vibes to you all. I read this everyday, but don't usually have time to reply x
    Claudette

Default Hi everyone,

epayne- I'm so sorry you had no follies. I really hope the scan on monday shows lots of big follies for you. This is so disheartening sometimes please dont think your not meant to have kids I'm sure there is one just wainting for the right time to come to you. It completely ****s me good people who would love a baby so much have such a hard time falling pregnant. Sending you lots of happy and sticky vibes and tones and tones of baby dust.

Clamgee- So sorry about you having no follies either. I really hope something happens soon for you too. I know the feeling about wasting time taking clomid but at least you are trying something which is positive just a pain it the butt when it does not work. Are you going to continue on clomid or what is the next step.

Oh Bec, Poor little Xavier. I hope he is feeling ok today and not in too much pain. He really know's how to break a bone when he does doesn't he! Hugs to him and yourself.

Epayne & Clamgee: Sorry to hear that you both had no follies. How disappointing. Just remember that this does not mean that you are not meant to have children. Hopefully the new doses for you Epayne do the job. Clamgee, GL for Friday.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all doing well and staying positive. Baby dust to you all.

Liz & Claudette - Just want to echo what the other ladies have said. *Hugs* I remember the FS telling us they go slow, slow with the meds then up them if they need to, so they might be just trying to figure out what dose is right for you. FX

Hi to everyone else

x

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast