Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ January/ February 2006

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Janee
    Magic - Sheree is the one to ask - she is WA girl and just got BFP

I cried too sending my big DS off to highschool yr7

Hi Shan,
    Wow - you do post well!!! I know you are talking to me (I get confused with all the Michelle's about so I wait until I am sure it is me you are talking to or otherwise )

I did what you suggested at the gym yesterday and found my waist had shrunk 3" (about 7.5cm - my instructor uses the smaller numbers of inches rather than centimeters ) since pre-Caitlyn. I also put on about 10kg on Clomid 12 months ago and still find it won't move. Not on the dreaded drug yet but we'll see what happens in the next few months.

I am a little happier with the size decrease but I STILL wish the scales would show some change!!

Metformin is a drug usually prescribed for Type II diabetes and often for PCOS. It increases weight loss for PCOS patients due to an improved use of energy (many with PCOS have some sort of insulin resistance). Insulin resistance can also alter the hormones of the reporductive cycle which makes it harder to conceive. There are many different sites that discuss the use of Metformin in PCOS (as well as the advantages / disadvantages and side effects).

I have ?? insulin resistance (borderline results) and found that the gym seemed to improve this (and then I got pregnant!!). Considering it was the 4th cycle of Clomid I don't think the drug was the catalyst.

Currently CD 11 with CM changes indicating ovulation is on the way - woohoo!!! BD'ing in progress (partly for the fun and partly for the timing) so wish me luck.

Sending a big hello to everyone and lots of dust:

Michelle

Hi Guys thanx for the [-o< . Keep them up haven't had the best 24hrs.
    Found out last night that my cousin (who lives in NZ and I hardly know really) took her life yesterday, she was suffering from PND and has a 1y.o.
    Then today at the transfer they ended up having to thaw all 5 to get just one. So [-o< this is a sticker (seems to be proving to be a fighter so far) or next step will be a full stim cycle. Needless to say I'm a little shell shocked. Thanx again for the well wishes

Starbright hope you went well today.

Shez, sorry to hear about your cousin. That kind of story is just heartbreaking, even if you don't know the person involved. Such a waste and so terribly, terribly sad. That kind of desperation and depth of depression is truly tragic.
    As for your thaw rate...hey, you only need one and I'm sure this one must be a little fighter.
    Good luck!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

OM gosh Shez - what a terrible thing to happen - the poor mum not seeing any other way and her grieving family /child. So tragic

My heart goes out to you at the this very sad and difficult time.Even if you didn't know her well - it will still make you very upset and shocked.

Thinking of you.I had the same thing it took 5 embryos to get 2 (but only 1 and 2 cells at that ),then last sole embryo didn't survive thaw on my next FET (so no goer).

[-o< & hoping this little snowbub and you inkstick: :bluestick: and I have everything crossed for you.

Starbright - how did you go ?

take care Shez

with hope
    Trish

skyelar Guest

OM goodness Shez that is just horrible. My heart goes out to you & your family.

All the best for your lil snowbub. I really pray this is your time.

Hope you are ok Starbright. Please let us know how you did today! Hope some of David's magic rubbed off

~Jane~ Guest

Shez - so sorry about your cousin. Sending lots of sticky vibes for your transfer

Starbright - hope you are feeling better. I have a friend that was funny about getting preg at the same time. When I miscarried back in 04 she was almost peeved with me for trying before she was ready. My favourite comment was when she said that it was probably not a bad thing seeing that I was due in Dec and Christmas is too busy to have a baby!!

Sararms - glad to see you back online, bummer about the blocked tube, did they say that they would do anything about it?

Mrs Mac - glad you finally got some answers

Janee - sorry I went and changed over from j_girl, I am probably making life more confusing for everyone but the old login was a bit daggy.

I have finally calmed down about the lap on friday but not sleeping very well, I am looking forward to getting it out of the way now.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words about the weight loss, it certainly helps keep me motivated. Its always a battle isn't it?

Shez - I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your cousin's family has all the support it needs.

~Jane~ good luck for Friday.

As for me - LIFE SUCKS!!!! I thought 2005 was my year for deaths / bad things. Last year there were 7 deaths and 6 funerals - including Caitlyn. Unfortunately my Dad rang to tell me my great-aunt died this afternoon. She was a subsitute grandmother of sorts as my Dad's mum died when he was 11. Her funeral is on Friday in Baradine (quite a bit west - 6hrs) near my home town. The funeral itself is not the problem - but the timing is. CD 14 is Saturday so I am considering the options of drive there Friday and back Saturday (to hope for some bd'ing when I return home late). Alternatively, hope the swimmers live long enough to make the journey to meet the eggie while I am away. Otherwise - canel all thoughts of getting pregnant this month. Mum and Dad have said not to come if I don't feel up to it but still - I need to say goodbye and catch up with the family.

My great-aunty was a very funny lady. At a family reunion she gave me contraceptive advice that caused a roar of disapproval between my aunties (her nieces). She said the best contraceptive was an aspirin - held tightly between the knees!! My reply was - but aunty, you've had 8 children. Does it work?? Her response - a wink and the statement "Go out and try it then come back and let me know"!!! I'll miss her - even though dementia had kicked in over the past few years. She was one spunky lady.

I wonder what she would say about me needing the aspirin for any future pregnancy :-k Not the contraceptive she envisaged!!

starbright Guest

Ohhhhh Shez! I am so very sorry for your loss!! How tragic!! Keep your chin up girl... need to stay strong through this time! When have they asked you to come in for your result?

Mrs Mac, thanks for all your concern.. did you get the info needed for Metformin?

Skye, hope David works his magic with me as he has with you!!

I experienced some nausea and a fever occured after the transer. I started to panic so I called the off duty DR tonight and she said it wasn't normal to feel what I was feeling and asked me to take my temp. which was 37.1. She said only start to get worried when it gets to 38 and to take some panadol. I am feeling alittle better now although slightly uncomfortable, but might give the nurses a call tomorrow for peace of mind.

Have any of you experienced anything after transer?

Thanks for all your support ladies...means the world to me!

xxx

Starbright - Are you seeing David Knight?? We saw him for one visit but then found out we were already pregnant with Caitlyn!! He was quite lovely. Good luck and We are hoping not to have to go that path again but the next few months will tell.
    Michelle

Hi Leis - I see that you're around. Hope you are well.

Hi Ladies,

My shop has been opened for 2 weeks and yesterday was the best day I have had so far. All the clothes I thought would sell the quickest have been, so I am pretty happy with myself!! Have had quite a few pregnant ladies in, maybe i'll catch it lol!!!!

Fairly sure I am about to O. I get bad nausea & anxiety when it is going to happen. The nausea I can deal with but the anxiety drives me nuts. Does anyone else get this?

S

Hi Girls,

Shez - so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you, and i'm sure the rest of the girls would be here for you too. Even though you may not have been close....you can still feel the pain. I'm sure we all can. I'm praying your little snobub is a sticka......fingers crossed for a BFP...

Starbright - I have read a few post here and there about the metformin, and posted a couple of questions, so eagerly awaiting a response. I should find out today if i need to take them or not.

Michelle - big hugs for you. I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. My nan has dementia so i know how hard that is for family and i know that when she goes (which could be soon) it's going to be tough to try and remember her back before the dementia set in coz the last few years have been quite sad.... LOL re the asprin. Great sence of humor...i love it......thinking of you.....also well done with the inch loss..don't worry about the scales, as long as your body is changing it's all good. You'd be peeved it the scales were going down but your body shape didn't change wouldn't you. As long as the inches keep coming off, you'll soon see the difference in the scales.....

~Jane~ - Good luck with the lap tomorrow. You'll be fine. Says me who was absolutely s**ting my pants about mine (being first time even in hospital and all), but once it was over i didn't really know what i was worried about coz i went to sleep and woke up and it was done......I'll be thinking of you though.

Hi to everyone else and hope you are all okay..

lil_chookie - congrats on the shop and having such a fantastic start. Where abouts in Melb are you...i'd love to drop in next time i'm down that way and check out your stock.....Good work...i'm very proud...

Mrs Mac - I am in Ferntree Gully which is in the outer eastern suburbs.

Lil-Chookie - Excellent. I know where that is, i used to live down that way. I've still got friends down there, so next time i'm down, i'll drop in. Mind you i don't get down to Melbourne very often so it may not happen for quite some time. Good luck with it.

Hi Ladies
    hope everyone is good.....I'll have a go at my first round of personals.

Shez terribly sorry to hear about your cousin - its always sad in situations like that.
    I have everything crossed for you - good luck and I hope its a sticky one.

Jane - thinking of you and wishing you the best for tomorrows lap - I'm sure you'll feel the benefits after a few days and hopefully next cycle. You'll do great so don't worry yourself.

Lil_Chookie well done with your shop. I used to live in The Basin so I know FTG, hope it continues to go well. I am due to O at any time - but I have not one sign…so not sure, will have to keep waiting. Am feeling very anxious today. Although glad it didn't come early as DH has been away on business and not back till tonight. So we still have hope.

Hi to Starbright, Michelle, Mrs Mac and everyone else sorry if I have missed you :smt039 .

I only have one more work day in the Sydney office and then our house is being packed up next Monday, with pick up of all boxes on Tuesday and delivery to our house in Melbourne on Friday so I'm glad I have that to keep me occupied this month.

Positive energy to everyone.

SamT Guest

Hi Ladies,

I have been away for a few days, and have missed heaps already, if i miss you out in the following I apologise , my brain is drained from driving 500 kms today!

Shez - I am so sorry to hear about your cousin, I wish I knew the right words to say, but just know my thoughts are with you and your family. I am sending sticky vibes your way for the snowbub :bluestick: inkstick:

Michelle - I am so sorry to hear about your aunt, she sounds like she would have been such an inspiration. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you lots of luck this month ttc.

SK - Good luck with the move - how exciting!

Lil Chookie - Congrats on the shop, I hope it continues to be successful =D>

I am 2 days late for AF, but I tested yesterday and got BFN, so I guess my 28 day cycles have come to an end. It would be nice if they lasted longer than 2 months after the lap! :fuming: Oh well.

Everyone - good luck this month, I hope Feb brings lots of BFP's dust:

Sam xo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast