Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread #8

Hmm I dont think so as I have been taking Elevit for nearly a year now and didnt notice side effects like that, are you taking a folic acid supplement as well? I had to go and buy the Blackmores one as the nurses at our clinic advised that Elevit doesnt have enough Folic Acid in it but has everything else .. so check on that hun .... do you take the Elevit with food ? I found the only thing from Elevit was (a) I cant take it on an empty stomach as it makes me sick and (b) I cant take it with juice as the acid from the juice makes me feel sick when combined with the tablet ... so I take mine at night now as when it was injection city, having the injections plus vitamins was too much ...

Wind - the only time I had that was after EPU when the LA was wearing off and i was trying to degas my bloated belly (TMI I know!!) .... who knows hun .. trying to decipher all this is like trying to finish a Rubix cube ... impossible lolol ...

Hi girls, thanks for the good luck, right back at ya!!!!
    Sussannah, have a lovely holiday I am very hopeful that AF stays away, good luck cycle buddy. I will look forward to good news.

Melsta, it is indeed unfortunate that AF symptoms and BFP are very similar. It always seems that the TWW puts you on high alert for any symptoms, even ones that you normally experience???? It seems the second week is the hardest, you can be relaxed and then Bham!! The mind starts working overtime.

Brown bug, you are very strong not to test. Mind you even when I have and I thought I would put my mind to rest, I have found myself thinking maybe it was tooo early??? I think I should test again in a few days???Maybe??? Not???? For me I think I want to take the chance on the high of seeing 2 lines or a least know that AF is going to arrive instead of it just showing up??? I don't even know how my mind works??
    I believe the Pregnyl leaves your system at 1000mg a day, so for me it was gone on day 8 after a 5000 trigger and 2 1500 booster shots. You symptoms sound very promising thoughalways love to see BFP's. Good luck

ME: I was'nt feeling very hopeful, which meant I was feeling relaxed, but........
    that's all changed, I know I can talk about my hopes and my overally active imagination here because you girls get it!!!
    Today, I am fighting the urge to test. No point in the middle of the day?? Last night I went to the loo about 4 times, today I have been there non stop, and I had to take my bra off when I got home because it was so uncomfortable. But no nausea or adversions to food or feeling extra sleepy mid afternoon. Which has happened before. So if I get up lots tonight I may test first urine tomorrow morning. Why do we do this to ourselves??? I am only going to feel stupid when I have to report no BFP, but I guess if I can't confess on here where can I do it?
    Catch you all tomorrow.

Hi ladies
    I take Elevit too and have been for about 8 months now.....I dont get any side effects from it...I also take fish oil tablets and yes i get side affects from them,,they say odourless but I tell ya..I burp up a 'snapper' every morning...discusting.

I cant believe you have LA Melsta..I had a general, totally knocked out and could not walk or get out of bed for 2 days after....mind you I had a flare cycle too. the first cycle on injections didnt work which was over a period of a about 4-5 weeks...the flare cycle was injections
    plus meds and was only for 10 days..maybe thats why being so intense it left my in agony.
    So were you awake the whole time? OH GOD.......OUCH......scary...........But I did have some 'gas', I swear my FS had a party inside my uterus whilst I was sleeping!!!!

Blackduckies - I totally understand hun re the bra, I am only in week 1 and I rip mine off every night (which my DH loves anyway lolol) but yes uncomfortable in that dept can only last so long ... I dont think there is anything wrong in testing BD, it is prob down to each of our preferences ... but hey if you are heading to the loo that many times tonight i would be testing too .... let us know if you do or not and BD ... never ever think that you are going to feel stupid - in here amongst us that never happens as hun we TOTALLY understand the feeling ... so no you are not stupid at all .... xoxo

Carla - lolol re the snapper such imagery there hun lolol .... hmmm what does the fish oil do for the embies? Yep I had a LA ... I tell you what I have never been a big fan of needles but when I saw that whopper long thin needle heading my way - Woah I nearly s**t myself lol .... (pity the poor FS at the end of the chair lol) ... I had a smidgen, and I say a smidgen, of relaxant at the beginning but I felt every inch of that LA being injected (TMI !!) on EACH side ... yep they did it one side at a time so I broke my DH not once, but twice from gripping as they injected .... I figure this Mini Me knew from the beginning how much pain I would go through to get him / her ... lolol .. but yep awake the whole time and saw every part of it, the eggs being sucked up and deposited into the test tubes and then the follies on the big screen, from that point of view i was glad I could see it but hacking the guts to "suck it up and not cry" during the procedure I give myself brownie points - not one tear !!! Yay !!!!

Maybe the extra injections is definitely what did it hun as I was up and walking that same day, albeit very crampy. So were the meds the same for the remaining 10 days of the cycle as the beginning?

How are you feeling now ??

little fish Guest

Hi everyone

I'm new, just came across this site although not new to IVF (unfortunately). Having major problems with all the lingo though, is there a glossary somewhere on this site?

Anyway I'm due for my blood test in 2 days although don't think it's worked as I'm just feeling pre-menstrual and there a tiny bit of spotting. Still, from this cycle (IVF no 5) we have 6 frozen little ones so there will be plenty more to try down the track...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all you girls!!

little fish

little fish - welcome hun ... there is a lingo at the beginning not sure the directions but the others can point you in the right direction ... good luck for your b/t - hope the spotting is nothing more than a pg symptom that some women get ...

Thanks girls, for your thoughts on Elevit. I'm just second-guessing everything at the moment, it's doing my head in!!

Melsta - I was sure I read that there wasn't enough folate in Elevit somewhere too. I asked my nurse, but she said it was OK (it's the first time I've used it). I think you are right though and I will definitely start taking a supplement. Better to be safe than sorry.

Blackduckies - Thankyou for thinking I am strong! I think it is more of a scardey cat thing, I just wouldn't believe a BFP anyway unless someone tells me "officially", so I guess an HPT still wouldn't help! You are so totally not stupid to have hope - it's the only thing which keeps us going on this rollercoaster ride. I bet everyone on here understands!! I truly wish you all the best and hope to hear some good news from you very soon!

Little Fish - Welcome!! I think there is a glossary somewhere, but not sure where. Wishing you sticky vibes for your current cycle

Put up Christmas Tree today - hooray for keeping busy!!

Hi Melsta
    The 'meds' were the same in a flare cycle as a normal stim cycle. allthe same but double the dosage in less than half the time....so you could imagine the pain and how 'fat' i was just before they took the eggies......eeeeekkkk

you are a legend to go through that with just a LA!!! hats off to you!!! Im thinking I was in alot of pain from being on the flare boost cycle.....hope I dont have to go through that again.

Im feeling ok I guess..not excited about tomorrow..think they will tell me what we ALL already know but i have to do as Im told i guess.....dog tired right now as I have been packing all night. Moving next weekend so hoping for a new fresh start. DH and i just lost our beautiful golden retriever a couple of months ago that we have had for 13 years....well he would have been 13 this boxing day so finding it hard being in this house and all the memories. Time to move on and start again hopefully with a beautiful bundle of joy soon.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

slyder Guest

Little Fish - this is pretty much everything you'll need.

Welcome, by the way.

Aww Carla hun sorry to hear about your loss ... sending you a big hug right now and yep can understand the whole fresh start aspect .... make you sure dont over do it though in terms of packing and everything you still need to take it easy !!! Holy hoo hah re those med cycles - man I blew up in my cycle so feel for you doing the same in a shorter time ... no wonder you were so tender afterward - your ovaries have been put through a boot camp lolol

Brownbug - yay on the christmas tree ... do you feel all festive now hun ..... !! Our tree is up the lights are up and allt he presents are wrapped ! And last night wrote all the xmas cards so I am done ... should have dragged it out as now i have nothing to keep me busy for the rest of the 2WW lolol ...

Wow, Melsta, you are SO organised. I'm totally impressed!!

I have most of the pressies bought, but that is as far as it goes. I must admit, since we decided to TTC again at the start of November, I've found it hard to concentrate on other important stuff, like Christmas. Hopefully the festive feeling will kick in soon, especially if by some wild chance I get a BFP!!

We won't be seeing most of our family until Feb, when we take the boat down to Tassie, so we will be lucky enough to have two Christmases!!

Oh wow two christmases sound great, my parents have just booked in to do that trip next year ... how big is your family in Tas ? I have family in Tas and my dad and nan are originally from there ... my dad loves it ....

I think I have been so caught up in christmas as it is my escape mechanism from the TTC and more recently the 2WW .... i sooo wish it was next wednesday already ....

Just think how festive you will feel knowing you have a BFP and that is the greatest xmas present anyone could wish for. I would give back every bought gift I received just to have a BFP ......

How are you feeling today? I really feel like I have AF symptoms today .... extremely tired and started spotting old blood which i hope is just crinone ... but yeah today I dont feel as excited about it all ..... *sigh* lolol ....

Pretty much all our family is in Tassie, both DH's parents and mine. DH has a sister over here and I have an elderly aunt and a couple of cousins, but everyone else is in Tassie. I miss them all very much, especially my parents and my brother.

I'm Ok today, feeling pretty good. No sign of AF, thank goodness. Tired, a bit chucky/dizzy at times, but no cramps anymore. Had Elevit AND a folate supplement last night

Sorry you don't feel very excited today, but don't worry. In my experience, the TWW is such an up-and-down process. Some days you feel sure you are pregnant, and some days you feel sure you never will be. I'm sure you are heading for a lovely Christmas BFP.

As for the cramps and the AF feeling, as you know, I've had that since day one after transfer but so far nothing has eventuated. Touch wood it means our embies are settling in nicely!!

I have heard that Crinone often causes spotting. I used it on my first cycle and hated it. Then on my second cycle, for some reason they gave me Pregnyl instead, which agreed with me much better and seemed to work for me. So in my next cycles I asked for Pregnyl and that's what I've used.

Nice work on the folate !! Good to see the added supplements are there ....

How hard is it being away from your family - do they know you are going through the TCC at all ? Not one of our family or friends know so we have no immediate support network and my only support other than my DH is you lovely ladies in here ....

Yeah the dizziness is weird isnt it, I had that yesterday pm, but comes and goes ... hopefully you can find time to rest up though ... how is your DD going?

Ohhh I hope it means they are, today is the first time I have really felt this and I think I always prepare myself for the negative after having heartbreak after heartbreak whereas my DH is soo much more positive and certain lolo .. as i said to him he isnt the one feeling all this lolol ....

Yeah I heard pregnyl is better and i had that as my trigger (Im sure it was pregnyl?) something P anyway and I was hoping for that but no I got the crinone ... so many girls in here have been on it and experienced the same thing so I am thankful for that but not long to go until we get our wish from santa .....

Ahhh what an emotional journey - imagine if we all wore mood rings lolol .. wonder how often they would change each day lolol ?

I THINK iM GOING TO GET ONE OF THOSE MOOD RINGS TO PROVE TO DH HOW MUCH OF AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER RIDE I GO ON EACH MINUTE OF THE DAY!!!!

yeah I am with you even though my DH is super supportive .... it still would be funny to look and go Oh I am feeling X, oops no that is a Y and then wow it changed again lolol ... i think mine woudld break from overuse lolol

hahahahahaha yep mine would be multi colours but most of all BLACK these days!!!! hahahaha
    My DH is great I just feel sorry for him sometimes when he tries to make me feel better and so loved and Im such a little ferrel at times and bite his head off!!! Its been almost 13 years so i guess he still loves me!!!! hahahahaha

oh wow 13 years is great hun ... we are coming up for our 1st year anniversary so my DH has alot ahead of him then lol .... awww you sound so in love though and that is the main thing ....

right i think i am going to have something fatty and a bit naughty for lunch ... make me feel a little bit less stressed lolol .....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast