Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC Two Week Wait Thread #8

BG - here is sending Emmett lots of sticky vibes lol .. initially my DH didnt want to name it but it kinda happened and now it has stuck lol ... my brother was over last night and he is here again now and thinks that the sparkling apple juice i am drinking out of a champagne glass is actually fruit champagne lol so my cover isnt blown yet lol ... i had no pain or discomfort or anything and then was like shouldnt I have some but the nurse rang me this am to make sure i was ok and she seems happy with progress so hopefully yours is just the crinone as I had them day 2 i started taking them too ... personally i would prefer injections lolol ...

teresep - oh hun nooo ... im sorry for your pain and sadness .... sending yo big hugs of comfort right now ....

Rara - sound like in lieu of everything you did have a nice weekend, hope you can spoil and relax yourself too with some hot relaxing baths with some candles etc ..... small consolation i know but 2008 is just around the corner hun ....

teresep - oh no I am so sorry that AF seems to be arriving - bugger!! Big hugs to you...

Melsta - I'm still about a week away, it's day 22 today, so a bit to go yet unfortunately. But we are going away for a few days on Wednesday, so hopefully that will help the rest of the TWW go a bit faster! That's fabbo news about all your embies too, I hope the TWW flies by for you with a BFP at the end of it

briggsy's girl - big sticky vibes to you to and GL for the TWW! That's great that your discomfort has gone too - I'm a bit of an IVF ignoramus LOL so I can't even begin to imagine what you girls go through. Fingers crossed for a Christmas BFP!

LOL at your names for your embies too girls - how cute!!

Well, I'm having some major hot flushes today and had a few yesterday as well, so I just don't know what's going on, but I'm guessing its more due to the Clomid than anything else?? It is pretty warm and humid here today. Apart from that, we're doing OK, just waiting, waiting...LOL But I probably should run, gotta take DD to her swimming lesson soon and get CD21 progesterone blood taken - here's hoping for a good number!

thanks Susannah, praying that this is it for us but time will tell ... have been having some increase in the twinges this morning but not sure what it is or if they are the gel side effects (i am on crinone gel to help with the progesterone) ... such fun !!!
    Hmmm Clomid is a wonderful thing lol and i know there are loads of side effects but it sometimes is hard to tell what is our natural body and what is the drugs hey !!! Hope it all goes to plan though and enjoy the swimming lesson today !

BG - how are your side effects on it hun ?? Hey BG - do you know how long you have to leave it before you can BD again after ET ??? We had to stop BD as soon as we started FSH injections just wondering when it would be "safe" again ???

hi Melsta

the paperwork from our clinic said no BD for 24hours after ET - unless you've had embryo biopsy - in which case you should wait til after BT

DH and i were gonna go for the whole TWW - but things just don't always work out the way we plan, do they.... ?

lolol no we all start off with the best intentions but i am suprised at our strength although alot of it is my DH not wanting to "ruin" anything .... will check with the nurses ...

Our scientist just rang and we have 7 more on ice .... 3 grade 1 blastocysts and 4 grade 2 blastocysts ... and on sat at the ET, my DH chose locker 7 saying we would get 7, and we did lol holy hoohah i am a bit in shock cause it means of the 10 that fertilised only 2 dropped off .....

nice work Melsta!

Melsta - We did & I intend to keep on spoiling myself...hehe! When I had my ET (which was on a Wednesday) the nurse said not for us to BD until 7 days later (the look of shock on DH's face was hilarious). AF arrived on Friday so poor DH only got one day to be given some attention =( GL hun!

Rara - yep that is my DH at the moment he keeps asking every day how much longer do we have to wait lolol but at the same time then he doesnt want to ruin anything either lolol ... It took me 10 minutes to get the guts to email the nurse and say "so when can my DH and I have (BD) again lolol" so embarassed for me but hey they prob get asked that a million times lolol ... funny that after everything we have been through that is the bit I get most embarassed at .....

Hmmmm lots of twinges today .... hoping everything is ok ......

Hi girls, decided to drop in and watch you all get your bfp's. I am 8dpo, AF if she is coming should arrive Sunday the 9th. Pregnyl should be out of my system today and I feel a bit hopeful, I have had little twinges and aches in both ovaries at different times and today I felt a little dizzy a couple of times, but that could just be that I needed food. I will have a better idea mid week.
    Melsta, what a great result!!! You must be feeling very happy and confident of success. Great to have such nice embies waiting in case back up plan is need.
    Hi BG, Sussannah. Look forward to hearing any news.
    Sorry Rara.
    Hi to any others I have missed, will try to get in here daily to post personals.

Melsta - hope the twinges are MiniMe getting comfortable!!! And that's fantastic about all your embies on ice Yep Clomid is wonderful isn't it This is only my second cycle on it and the side effects have been totally different to the first one (still getting the hot flushes - actually having one right now!) so I've got no idea what to think. I guess 2 cycles also is not enough to know exactly how it effects me either?! Oh and the swimming went well thanks - she absolutely loves the water - considering that I don't like swimming much, I've got no idea how I produced such a little fish.

Blackduckies - cycle buddy! Well almost LOL I'm 10 DPO today, so 1 day ahead of you Good luck - hope you get your BFP.

Hi to anyone else I've missed.

Well we are off on our holiday tomorrow, so I doubt I'll get to post tomorrow what with getting packed to go and everything. We won't be back until Sunday which will be CD28 for me, so that'll be just about the end of my TWW if AF doesn't arrive while we're away - I hope not!! Catch up with everyone then and GL to you all - hoping for lots of BFPs.

blackduckies - hope the twinges are good twinges hun !! I even googled it this morning to try and figure out more on it but am waiting for my nurse to email me back with some definitive answers .. gotta make sure you keep eating hun !! Look after yourself now you hear !!

Susannah - have a great holiday hun and hope you have a great time relaxing !!! YOu can take your DD swimming to cool off on those hot flushes lol, we could all write a book on the amount of differing side effects we have all had ...

I have been waking up feeling a bit off, yet another side effect from the gel no doubt - just when you think you have all the bases covered another one sneaks through .... !!!

9 days to go until testing .... doesnt really seem that long does it !!! ???

Hi to everyone else - hope your weeks are doing well thus far !!!

Morning everyone,

Loula & Rara - Very sorry to hear your news. Hope you are both taking care of yourselves.

Theresep - Hugs to you, hope you are feeling better.

Melsta - Well done on your "frosties", sounds like a lovely collection Sticky vibs for Mini Me!!

Blackduckies - All the absolute best for the rest of your TWW!!

Hi to everyone else!

Only 3 days until my BT. AF has not yet arrived, so my fingers are very definitely still crossed. Still getting a few cramps, but not as bad as before. I have felt tired, nauseous and dizzy on and off for the last week, as well as a bit headachey. But that is probably all in my mind !

Oh well, good luck to all in their two week wait and heaps and heaps of sticky vibes for us all!!

Brownbug - ohhh fingers crossed only 3 days to go !!!!!!!!!! i think the closer it gets the more nervous I would be .. I only have 9 days to go ..... hope that AF stays away for you hun and you get your BFP !!

Thanks for the sticky vibes will take as many as I can get lol .... we are very very pleased with our "soccer team on ice" as the clinic has called it lol ....

Did you have lots of twinges after ET ??? We had ET saturday and whilst I havent had as many this morning yesterday I had heaps .... checked with the nurses they said all is ok and not to worry but I like to compare ....

Melsta - I have been cramping on and off ever since the first day after transfer, and so keep thinking AF is coming! Had especially bad ones about one week after transfer as well as back ache!

This cycle is VERY different from any of my previous ones though, so don't know if I am Arthur or Martha!

Thanks for your kind wishes and I hope you are right, and the cramps are just the little one attaching tightly!!

Brownbug - from the sounds of them the little one is embedded so far in he/she is well protected now ... it is so hard trying to distinguish the symptoms isnt it ... but I read this am (very early at home on google) that implantation cramps can also be in your lower back and can basically mimic AF pains .... how we are meant to know b/w AF and implantation or PG i am dumbfounded lolol ... i think I give up trying to figure them out lol ... i am exhausted though could sleep all day if I was allowed lol .....

Just think after today it is only 2 days, then 1 and then you will know ... ohhh i have fingers and toes and everything crossed for you hun !

Thankyou so much, Melsta. It's all a bit nerve-racking, isn't it?

I was SO close to buying a HPT yesterday. I assume that you could view the EPU as "ovulation" in an IVF cycle, so does that mean AF would be due two weeks after that ???- (which in my case is tomorrow). So probably a HPT could give me some answers by now.

BUT, I have never used one before in any of my other cycles, just waited for the BT. I guess I'm just a bit scared of a false positive from the Pregnyl or something. So I've decided to wait until Friday and just hope AF doesn't rear her ugly head.

DH would rather I waited too. It's OK for him, he's not as impatient as me!!!

Oh Brownbug my DH is exactly the same ... if you go by ovulation as being EPU then I ovulated on 24.11.04 therefore AF would be due around 08.12.07 which is why my b/t is scheduled for 12.12.07 ... man i think our DH have the easier part only from the point of view that they dont have to try and interpret each and every sympton we suffer, but on the other hand my DH wants to know what each one means and as I get home from work each day I am sent to the lounge to sit and rest - what is he going to be like when it turns into a BFP lolol ....

Then again I have heard so many stories about the HPT's giving false readings from the amount of hormones etc left over in our bodies ... which is why the b/t is more reliable ... hence why I am going to try my hardest to stay away from the HPT's lolol ..... hmmm no lunchtime shopping around the 12th as i will be tempted .....

Ahh all i can say is thank goodness for these threads and whoever invented the saying "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger" ... it's my mantra at the moment lol

I think my DH's way of coping is to keep very busy at work and try not to think about it until the day!

I've actually been wondering if some of my tummy cramps might not have been wind (sorry if TMI) from taking Elevit. It has extra iron and minerals etc in it, which are good for bubs, but seem to have upset my tum a bit. I started Elevit when I started injections, not a month before like you are supposed to (we weren't really planning to TTC until next year, but I suddenly got hit by the clucky bug!). Since then, I've had heaps of cramps, and I don't know whether it is me, the drugs or the Elevit !

I forgot to have last night's dose, and feel OK today. Do you think that's a coincidence?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast