Thread: Pessaries??

Default Pessaries??

Hey ladies & Gent

Just wondering if you could help me.
    Had IUI this morning and fs has given me some Progesterone Pessaries (200mg) i have to insert 1 a night for the next 2 weeks. Just wondering what are they for? are there any side effects? also i have to take cardiprin ( one tablet a day) just wondering why i have to take them and what does it help???

i would of asked fs but was so excited and happy i sort of forgot

thanks

Oh my god i am offically in the tww WOOHOO

the pessaries are for luteal phase support - basically to help ensure there is enough progesterone in your system to support a pregnancy if it takes (fingers crossed for you) - some clinics use the pessaries, some use booster shots, and i think most use crinone gel for ivf

the cardiprin, i'm no really sure of - i THINK (and i'm guessing, so don't hold me to thi!) - it may be what a lot of people refer to as baby aspirin - perhaps they believe there is a clotting factor that is stopping pregnancy from occuring and/or holding. as i said, this is a guess, but i have read elsewhere on BB about "baby aspirin"...

HTH's

Thanks heaps bg

warning tmi

I have never used pessaries before but oh my god YUK lol
    Today i feel really slimmy and i feel so dirty down there ha ha ha

jesus the things we do for babies
    crickey i have 13 more days of them lol

thanks again for your reply

no probs hun - i've heard they're not the best of fun - so far i've only been having the pregnyl booster shots with my IUI's, so haven't experienced the icky pessaries or crinone yet - but seeing we're about to start ivf and there is more than a whisper that we'll be using crinone, i'm gearing myself up for that lovely sensation - NOT!!!!

i've heard liners become your best frined in the tww...

slyder Guest

M2C, DW is not happy using them at all, and she has 3 a day! And she doesn't even have any reason to be taking them (we're doing IVF ebcause of me, we think...). So yeah, they're not really a favoured topic of conversation in our household at the moment and DW has all the same feelings of being dirty etc as you do.

bg best of luck with your ivf journey, i have been following your story for awhile now, i am one of those people that read more then they post, so best of luck honey.

as for the liners being your best friend, hell yeah they are ha ha ha i hate wearing them, i havent worn a pad since dd was born and that was almost 6yrs ago, it feels like i am walking with a surf board between my legs and i am wearing the thin ones, mind you dp and i went looking for some yesterday and we were standing in that isle for nearly half hour trying to find the right pads hahaha dp was so cute, there were woman standing all around us and he is just pushing his way through grabbing all these different pads and reading them to me, ha ha ha oh i love him.

slyder your dw is such a trooper, crickey 3 times a day, maybe i shouldnt be complaining about my 1 a day. i have everything crossed for you.

ok i need to ask a question, please dont answer this if you dont want to i will understand. this question is for anyone that wants to answer.
    I am a little worried about dtd while useing the pessaries, cos dp hates lube and i am worried that the pessaries will give the same effect as lubricant does? and so therefore he wont like it iukwim? plus what happens if we do dtd and it feels yukky for him, i would feel so embarrased, i know that it probably sounds silly but i still get embarrased about things like this around dp. so i guess what i am asking is has anyone's dh/dp have trouble dtd while you were on pessaries? or should i try not to dtd while on pessaries
    sorry if this offends anyone really dont want to upset anyone at all.

m2c - as i said earlier, i haven't used the pessaries, so i can't comment from personal experience, but i will say DH and i have a pretty healthy sex life and have yet to avoid it during the tww, so i can see us having a very similar set of questions post transfer - i guess we're pretty open and honest with everything, and i'm sure i will ask him if he wants to dtd while i'm using crinone, or whether he'd rather we were intimate in other ways for that time frame. i guess it's something that, as much as it might be a bit embarassing - is better to be discussed than to assume what the other will feel

if i were in your shoes, i'd ask DP whether he would like to attempt it - but not when things are getting hot and heavy - maybe while you're cooking dinner or something - just broach the subject - he obviously knows you're not feeling great about the pessaries (or he wouldn't have stood with you for half an hour trying to find the perfect pads!) - you're bound to blush - but at least you'll know what he is thinking - if he says yeah, lets give it a go, then great - if not, then you might have to find other ways to feel that degree of closeness during that TWW.

all the best hun - hope this is the only time you'll need to use the pessaries before you get your BFP

slyder might be able to give some more "practical" comments - i'm just going on the convo's i know are in the future for hubby and I...!

thanks heaps for that bg

i think i will just leave it upto him, he knows i am on the pessaries and he asked me tonight on the phone how things were going and i told him all the gross details hehehe, so if he still wants to dtd after hearing all about it then i suppose its something that might not worry him.

mind you if i were a man i dont think i would want to go there lol it feels gross from my side of the fence and i am a woman, i couldnt image what it would feel like if i were a man, but with any luck it wont bother him, and like you said if it does then there are always things i can do for him instead

i suppose will have to see what happens when the time comes, at least i dont have to worry about it for another 4 nights cos dp is away working

thanks again for your reply bg

one thing to take into account too, m2c - it's not only about what feels right for him - if for some reason you don't feel comfortable - if it feels wrong for you or anything like that - don't do it! he loves you - he'll get over it!

yeah thats another thing bg, i am a little worried that i wont want to do it, not while i feel so yukky down there iukwim. but then i would feel really bad not doing it, my dp works away from home, just like your dp and so its not very often we get to share theses "special moments" so i would feel horrible to say no to him

dp would never force me to do something i dont want to do, he isnt like that at all and i know he would understand if i dont want to do it, and there are other ways to be close and loving with out actually dtd.

fs told me that if i get a bfp i will have to stay on these pessaries for 11 weeks, poor dp will feel like his throats been cut ha ha ha but i dont think he will care, he will be to excited cos he will be a daddy soon

sounds like they may think you have a luteal phase defect - but it's a small price to pay, isn't it??

i have found that intimacy without intercourse can be more fulfilling than indulging in dtd just cos we can, so i guess we'll have no real dramas - maybe a little frustration, but nothing insurmountable! it's all worth the sacrifice in the end!

slyder Guest

M2C, DW did her 2 last night around tea time, and by 10pm it was down to business and neither of us noticed any difference. Just give them a bit of time to absorb. The worst you'll get is a bit of waxy residue from the outside of the pessary once it's absorbed, but we didn't notice this either.

ooh - the pessaries sound a lot less nasty than the crinone then!

slyder Guest

Yeah DW thinks marginally so, but from my perspective they seem less yuk than that gel.

i think for us, anything foreign down there is just not good! self consciousness adds to it i'm sure!

thanks for that slyder, i think i will do what your dw done and put it in a little earlier so they have time to absorb. thanks again for answering such a personal question i really appreciate it.

bg with any luck hopefully the pessaries are better then the gel, but i must agree anything foreign down there doesnt feel real good, but i am sure once i get use to using the pessaries it probably wont feel sorry horrible, i mean today is day 2 of using them and it still feels yuk but i think today is a little better then yesterday cos i think i am starting to get use to it, give me 2 or 3 more days and i probably wont be as grossed out by it cos i will be used to it by then ( i hope) but hey if it gives me a baby then i say BRING ON the pessaries he he he

thanks again bg and slyder for your replies

mtc,
    2 weeks is a breeze lol I did it for 15 weeks!! By the end I didn't really notice it but as you say "if it gives me a baby then i say bring it on" The panty liners are so much better than the chunky manunky surfboards!!
    Bec