Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #2

Hi Ladies,

Glad to hear that everyone is doing really well.

I am still waiting for AF to arrive, she is due on Friday so hopefully she is on time and I will be able to go to the clinic that day and see if I can start again. It has been good having a month off but we are both ready to try again.

It is a strange feeling coming to this forum when you aren't able to do anything this month but I am so glad to hear that everyone is on track

Hi girls, hope you're all doing well.

Megsmum, good luck for BT & scan tomorrow. Hope it shows things progressing well.

Swirl, how are you going injecting... 1st BT today. Good luck..

Amy & Alloy. Great to hear from you during the week. Hope you're both well.

We are one week and 2 pregnyl injections down since iui. 1 week and 1 pregnyl injection to go! I'm not a fan of the injections... Tender for days where the medication is injected... Hoping it works!!! Trying so hard to think positive thoughts. It's about now in my past 2 cycles spotting has started. Hoping I make it to preg BT on 18/6...

Have a great day!

Hi girls. I popped my head in a few weeks ago, but forgot to come back in
    We did an IUI cycle last month, with Puregon injections. It was a BFN which I actually wasn't surprised about, since our sperm sample only contained 0.7million sperm/ml (I guess that's 700,000) and the day after the IUI I ended up in hospital with severe gastroenteritis.

Anyway, I'm on to my second IUI cycle. Today is CD16, and my seventh day of injections. I saw my OB this morning, and I had one 17mm follicle and two 10mm follicles. He wants me to do another couple of days of FSH to try and get a few follicles 18mm or bigger, then we'll probably do the IUI on Saturday.

How is everyone else going?

I'll try to keep up this month lol.

Hi ladies

Cherie - Hi and welcome back. Good luck for this time around.

Kaydee - Only one week to go yay! I'll bet you'll be glad to stop the Pregnyl. Fingers crossed that AF stays away for you.

Amy - Glad to hear the month off has done you good Hurry up and arrive AF!!

Me - I had my BT and scan today and all went really well I had one 20mm follicle and a few decent size but smaller ones as well, so the clinic are happy for my to do the trigger myself tonight (I'm diabetic so used to injecting myself) and we have the IUI happening first thing on Fri morning. Has anyone got any tips for doing the trigger shot yourself? I know to take it out of the fridge for a bit before you give it but is there anything else I should know? I thought that I've read somewhere here that it can be a bit ouchies...

Bye for now, will be in the TWW soon again yay!!

The only problem I had with doing the trigger injection myself was that the glass vial didn't break cleanly - it smashed in my fingers, so then I had broken glass all over me, blood dripping on my hands, and then I was freaking out wondering if I was going to be injecting tiny particles of glass into my stomach. I think I probably squeezed the top of the vial a bit too hard, instead of just snapping it sideways IYKWIM.

Hi Meagsmum,

Congratulations on doing the trigger tonight, the trigger is the only injection that I am unable to do myself.....DH has to do it for me and he has to do it really really slow. I find that it does sting when it is going in but I find that once it is in I am fine.

Good luck on Friday :goodluck2:

Yikes Cherie!! Mine is a ready to inject syringe thank goodness, so I won't have to worry about doing that to myself. I must admit when I saw that it was a ready to go syringe I was pretty happy - don't like fussing around with glass vials at all!

Thanks Amy, I will inject it slowly

Thanks for the tips ladies! Will let you know how I get on over the next few days

Trigger shot went well It didn't hurt at all, but cripes that needle is huge after my insulin ones! I felt like I was trying to stab myself with a skewer or something!! LOL

Fingers crossed for IUI tomorrow to go well, I'm hoping my DD behaves herself during it

Yay for surviving the trigger megsmum, and best of luck for tomorrow

I'm going in for a scan tomorrow morning, and will probably have my trigger tomorrow and IUI on Saturday.

I'm starting to feel frustrated with DH insisting that we do 3 IUI cycles before moving onto IVF. He has a really, really low sperm count, as well as poor morphology and motility, so IUI is really, really unlikely to work for us. Yes, I conceived my son that way (after a failed IVF cycle), but that was a huge surprise. Miracles don't happen twice. This will be my second IUI cycle, and if it doesn't work out (which I'm expecting), then I'd just prefer to move straight onto IVF rather than waste time with another IUI cycle.

Hi Ladies,

Megsmum I am glad to hear that you went well with the trigger and good luck with the IUI tomorrow

Cherie hopefully this will be your last cycle with IUI and not have to worry about IVF.

AF has arrived today a day early so I am going in for a scan tomorrow and hopefully I can start injecting again on Saturday.

Hi,

Cherie, I know what you mean about breaking the vials for pregnyl shots. I did that a couple of months ago, and was paranoid about injecting shards of glass, until DH assured me that it was unlikely that there were any small enough to fit through the needle bit. Good Luck for your IUI coming up.

Kaydee, hows your tww going?

Swirl, sorry about your bfn how are your bloods going at the moment? Hopefully you won't have to wait so long to trigger this time.

Megsmum, good luck for your IUI today!!

Amy, I hope you can start injecting again on the weekend!!!

I had my appointment with the FS on Tuesday. We discussed moving to IVF, and I questioned having a laparoscopy. We've booked that in for the 1st of July (while I'm on holidays thankfully, I'm starting to feel bad about time I've taken off from work. I'm hoping to go to 4 days a week soon, so that should help). Our FS said that it was up to us if we wanted to have a few more tries of the IUI, or move straight to IVF, so DH and I have decided to wait and see what the lap shows up, and if it identifies anything that could be causing our infertility, and it can be fixed/removed/whatever (ie endo) we'll have another shot of IUI, otherwise we'll go to IVF. We have another FS appointment on the 11 July to follow up after the lap, and discuss where we want to go.

I'm feeling great at the moment, having that choice on our side, and also because we got in fairly soon with the lap (I thought I'd have to wait weeks).

I'll pop in from time to time to see how everyone is going, hopefully there'll be a few more BFP's this time around!!

Hi Ladies,

Alloy that is fantasitc news that everything is moving forward and you don't have very long to wait.

Well I has my scan today and the FS said that the 'massive cyst has burst' but she has said that I have a smaller one....but it should be fine. I start injecting again tomorrow and back on Thursday to see how it is all going. that the cyst doesn't cause any problems.

Have a lovely weekend ladies

Hi all,

Im still here!! I had a bit a melt-down after my last BFN. Ended up having to see a counsellor. Fortunately feeling much better about it all now. Today is CD9 and day 8 of FSH. Have had BT everyday for last 4 days. My US showed 2 follicles about 14-16mm and 1 at 10mm. Don't need anymore US as they are happy will have only 1 or 2 follicles, but daily bloods til they decide its the optimal time to trigger. Hopefully tomorrow my LH will have started to surge and will be able to trigger tomorrow for IUI on Sun or Mon.

Overall feeling much more confident. Not overly hopeful that this cycle will work, but that I will eventually end up pregnant. My FS has discovered I have some mild clotting issues and may go onto low-dose aspirin or maybe even clexane from 8DPO and then continue for first trimester if pregnant.

GL to Amy, Cherie (glad you could join us again), Megsmum and Kaydee. Looks like Kaydee will be first to test - let's hope we all get our much wanted BFPs.

Swirl
    TTC#1 12month+ unexplained
    FSH/IUI April 08 BFN
    FSH/IUI May 08 (with prog pessaries) BFN
    FSH/IUI June 08 - in progress

Hi girls... the weekend is upon us all again! Yay!!

Megsmum, hope your iui went well today and dd behaved herself for you.

Cherie, did you trigger today? It's hard to stay positive when odds are working against you. Hoping this cycle works out. What does the FS say about your chance of success? Is he/she recommending ivf rather than continuing with iui?

Swirl, this weekend will be a busy one for you. :goodluck2: for trigger and iui. Maybe the clotting issues are the key for you getting that BFP.

Amy, yay! so glad you are able to start jabbing again! Fingers crossed for you this cycle is the one!

Alloy, great news you were able to get an early appt for a lap. To take back a little of the control of this ttc rollercoaster must feel good. Enjoy your little break.

I BT next Wednesday! This is the closest I've ever gotten to a preg BT in my 3 cycles! I've always been out by now with spotting. I finally mastered the pregnyl vial by the 3rd time round. I too was dealing with shattered glass bits everywhere and a bit of panic about injecting glass!

Have a great weekend.

OMG Kaydee that is fantastic news, I can't wait to hear the good news on Wednesday

Hopefully 3rd time lucky

Kaydee, for Wednesday!!!

Amy M - how are your injections going?

Alloy - that's great news that you can get in to have your laparoscopy done so quickly. It will be much better to have the information available to youo to help you make your choice as to whether to move on to IVF or stick with IUI for a bit longer.

Megsmum - how did your insemination go? Hope things all went smoothly.

Swirl - looks like we'll be TWWing together. Did your insemination end up being today or tomorrow? With respect to your clotting issues, how did you find out about that? I'm not sure whether I've ever been tested for that, and since I've had 2 unsuccessful IVF cycles, I'd rather know before we embark on another one, given the expense.

Kaydee - YAY for no spotting yet! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed (and my legs un-crossed lol) for you. Wednesday is my Mum's birthday, so hopefully it will be a great day for lots of reasons!

I ended up triggering today, since my follies were still a little small when I saw my FS on Thursday. And this time, I successfully snapped the top off the glass vials without shattering anything. It didn't even hurt either - I put an ice-pack on my tummy before injecting to numb the skin and it really seemed to work. So it's an early morning for us tomorrow for my insemination. We'll need to leave home by 6.15am to get to the city clinic by 7am. It's times like this I wished I lived a little closer in.

Hi ladies,

Sorry to have not been on before now, I've been sick with a cold since the night before the IUI It still went really well though, and DD was a little angel. But I'm just hoping that being a bit sick has not affected our chances, I haven't had a fever or anything so hopefully everything will still be OK. I'm due for AF on the 27th, hopefully she won't arrive early (or at all!!) this month. At least there will be a few of us TWWing together

Cherie - Glad to hear you have triggered And that you had no problems with the glass vial. Cripes a 6.15am start is early! We're really lucky, we didn't have to have DH's sperm sample at our clinic until 8am and it's only a 10 min drive as well. I hope everything goes well for you today.

Kaydee - That's great that you are so close to BT! Good luck for Wednesday and hope the spotting has stayed away.

swirl - Sorry to hear about your meltdown but glad that the counsellor could help. LTTTC is a hard road eh? I never thought I'd be where I am now when we decided to TTC our second 18 months ago Sounds like things are going well for you this cycle, I hope you got to trigger and have either had your IUI or are about to have it done. Maybe Kaydee is right about the clotting issues too, I hope you get your BFP soon.

Amy - Yay for starting a new cycle! Good luck injecting!

Alloy - So glad to hear you could have the lap so soon. I think sometimes just having a plan and taking some action just helps you feel a bit better about all of this. I know it did for us! Good luck with whatever you decide

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast