Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Hi Everyone,
    Well i have been lurking for a few months (used to be in this and the 6+month forums) now, but am about to start my second IUI cycle so thought i would pop back and join in again!
    My first IUI cycle was cancelled after 11 days of injections as i "didn't respond", so this time around we are doing a down regulation cycle - so i'm day 22 today and started on syneral today, secone BT due next Monday before starting high dose puregon.
    We have been trying for almost 2 years now and currently have many friends and work collegues who are pregnant - lucky them. We have just had a 2 month break which mentally i really needed - so i feel very refreshed and in a much much better head space to go forward with this cycle.
    So that's me in a nutshell!!!
    GL to everyone who is injecting etc
    xxBella

Welcome Bella - hope this cycle goes well for you! I've been on a really low dose of Puregon for my last two - my ovaries are working but 'shy' when being observed and they slow/shut down. Puregon has done wonders for me this last cycle and that was a tiny dose - so best of luck for you!

Welcome Bella - i am sorry to hear your 1st IUI was cancelled due to poor response. However, hopefully your clinic has learned some lesson and this will be avoided this cycle all together. Good luck !!

Shades I notice you are in TWW. How has it been going? Are you on the hcg injections also?

Diamond - no ongoing hcg injections for me, just the trigger... TWW been alright - don't feel pg though Don't wanna test before 15DPO (AF due 14DPO) in case I could still get a false positive from the trigger... 10DPO today... It's hard to resist the urge to POAS!

Hi Shade,

Yes - resit the urge as much as you can. POAS will only lead to more emotions, and huge let down in neg and stress and anxiety if a pos. And either way the result could be wrong. So spare yourself the heartache honey....

Also, I have read online that no symptons can be a sympton. My clinic has also advised me that anything before 14dpo can be way too early to suspect or detect anything anyway. So hang in there - not long to go now until your blood test, but I know it can feel like forever....

Hi ladies i am currently lurking a bit i don't come onto BB very often now but due to having to possible go down the IUI track i thought some support from girls going through the same thing would be a good idea.... It really sounds like your journeys are alot harder then mine so i have my fingers crossed you all have success soon.....

We have been TTC since April 06 with a m/c in Dec of that yr, we then went on to get engaged and married so TTC was on hold from May - Dec last yr, we have been TTC ever since with no luck , i have irregular cycles anywhere from 48 days to 30days and everywhere inbetween, some months i O others i don't .... In May i had a LAP which found some mild endo but nothing to worry about, tubes AOK etc... I started clomid in July didn't ovulate, dosage was uped to 100mg to take from day 5 -9 and i Oed on day 17 for the next 2 cycles timed sex etc and nothing , 4th cycle i Oed on day 16 and again no luck .......

I was really struggling on the clomid and we decided to take a break for the next 2 mths to get our bodies and mind back on track clomid made me gain 4kgs + i was really moody, angry and tired.... I have lost 5kg in 5 weeks and im feeling 100% better which is great...... Our next step is IUI in Jan 09 really hope we can fall pg naturally and we don't need to go down that road, we can afford it and all that but i can think of much better things to spend my money on like things for our baby ....

Anyway I have Oed all on my own this month which is unbelievable not only on my own but on day 14 which has NEVER EVER happened... Im having a BT tomorrow to confirm that i did.... So im in the painful 2WW and thank god work is busy and the 1st week is down already.....

Hi Jane... Try not to compare how 'hard' someone's journey is when compared to your own, we all have different experiences and we support each other regardless... I know many who would consider your journey to have been very hard so far, so don't worry!

AFM - Big Fat Auntie Flow arrived today, a day early, so I'm back on the rollercoaster... Hopefully have IUI #3 in about 2 weeks.

Thanks Shades...... Im so sorry AF arrived..... Fingers crossed for lucky no 3....

Morning Ladies
    I 2 have been lurking around different threads, trying to find a home . We had our first IVF cycle and rcvd a bfn last week, so I decided to start IUI for this cycle until the new year, we have a scan on Tuesday, and I am currently jabbing away on 57 iu Puregon, so you never know your luck ..

Lokking forward to getting to know you all

xx

Hi All,
    Just read the whole thread and at least I know I'm not alone! My story is that I have PCOS. Until I went off the pill I thought I only had PCO, but developed all the other symptoms including anovulation when I went off it. Fell on my feet finding great FS but after 4 long Clomid cycles (anywhere between 38 and 55 days) we're moving on to IUI. All is well with DH which is wonderful but leaves me feeling defective and like I'm letting us both down. I know intellectually this isn't true but it feels like that sometimes!

Anyway, AF came today following last, very long clomid cycle. So will call the clinic Monday morning and organise injections starting Monday. Daily injections until trigger then nothing, that seems the pattern with my FS. At least 4 IUIs before looking into IVF is his pattern.

Anyway that's my short story, I'm sorry I haven't responded to all of you personally, but I wish all of us the very best in our journeys and I'll check in here as much as I can to give and get support!

Good morning all!

Welcome to all the new comers!

Well i have been sniffing away on my syneral - hasn't been to bad side effects wise except Fri i mentally lost it a bit at work thankfully most of my staff know whats going on so they kindly sent me home early - i then had a "mental health day" (sickie) yesterday and cleaned my house! Feeling much better today though. I have next BT and see FS nurse on Mon to make sure the synaral has done it's job before starting my puregon injections i will be on 100 I.U this time around so fingers crossed i will be pg pre xmas - god i would be soooooooooo thankful!

Well i'm off to yum cha for lunch today with my family so better go........
    Sending out and
    xxBella

Welcome to all the new guys in here. I hope your stay will be short lived...

Shades, wannabeamum & wouldloveabubba I am sorry to hear AF has showed up. It is a hard time but a new cycle brings new hope and hopefully you will get you BFP this time round.

Bella, its great you tock some time off to look after yourself. Can I ask why are you using the syrnal before the purgeon (please excuse my ignorance, Im not familiar with this medication...)

AFM, I am on day 11 now, been on the purgeon for 8 days now. Had bloods and ultrasound this morning and it showed various follies, one dominant one at 15mm. I am feeling very tired, moody and slightly uncomfortable. I think the IUI will be tuesday so Im looking forward to feeling better after the procedure. I really hope this cycle is the one as I will feel so empty at Xmas time if im not preg. If it is a BFN, we will probably take dec off and start fresh in the new year. After 3 months of this it can take its toll....

Good luck to everyone!!!

Diamond - I am on track with you, I started AF on the 9th - so I am on day 9 - I have been injecting the lovely Puregon since the 11/11 - scan and BT tommorow - I thought I would be having the IUI this week - but if you are next Tues - then I must be next week as well - does it take longer than IVF - oh I better ask my FS tommorow how this all works - I rushed into IUI at the last minute - do you BD naturally during this treatment (if You dont mind me asking) - when would my most fertile days be if I had AF arrive on the 9th - ? Im confused ...

Wouldloveabubba, can I ask why you're trying IUI now when you previously tried IVF? Most people do it the other way around as far as I know...
    As far as I'm aware, if you're not using donor sperm you're advised to BD as well as get the IUI, and if you've got a standard-ish 28/30 day cycle you'll be most fertile around day 13-15... So I'd be starting to BD in earnest about 4/5 days from now if today's day 9. Please someone correct me if my info's off!

HI Shades, Thank you for your info,

AFM: My FS was a little cautious in doing a back to back IVF cycle as my ovaries produced 11 eggs, and I was quite swollen, she did change her mind however. I couldn't make up my mind what to do, so we decided to wait till the new year to go with IVF, as I have fallen PG before naturally, I thought I would just fit in a quick IUI before the christmas closure.. and try naturally with Puregon until the clinic re-opens in Jan. I am beginining to stress though, and wish I had gone with IVF ...

May I ask how you came about choosing your d/s in the states ? Are you going through this rollercoaster journey on your own, or do you have a partner ?

Ange

Ange - I'm doing this on my own, although I do have the support of my immediate family, mostly my mum (who I live with). I chose my donor from a list my clinic provided me with (they only allow US sperm for IUIs, local sperm is only used for IVF due to poorer quality), my only initial criteria was that he had to be completely healthy, no allergies, good eyesight, no hereditary illnesses that I could tell... After that I got to be picky with things like hair and eye colour, and dimples and etc... overall I came up with two I'd be very happy to use, and a third that would do if there was no stock of the favourites.

Shades you are an amazing woman - your so brave - thanks for sharing that info with me, did you get to see photo's of the donor's ?

Yep - actually I'm having trouble deciding between my fave two for this cycle - I put the two kid photos up in the gallery so my blog readers could help me decide - link's in my sig.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast