Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

oh so you have to pick from childhood photo's ... interesting .. whats a blog ? I am hopeless I know ..

A blog is kind of like an online journal, mine is of my TTC journey for now, but will include the pregnancy stuff when that happens. The word comes from weB LOG. The link to mine is on the top right of my entry window. You can check out other people's with the Blogs tab at the top of this screen, under the bellybelly logo.

Some donors have only kid photos, some have adult, and some have none.

Good Morning All,

wouldloveabubba - yes we are close. I am currently on day 14 though. I think you made a good decision to go with an IUI cycle, I too was tossing this idea up. IUI can work and does work, and surely it will give your body a much deserved break after IVF. In regards to Bding, you need to stop BDing for 2 days before the procedure. This is to make sure DH swimmers are in top condition. After the IUI, you can BD as much as you like, in fact, it is recommended. Good luck with your scan and b/test today.

AFM, I am feeling very disillusioned with my clinic. I was expecting to have the IUI todday, but they told me on monday to not come back in again until wednesday. I was very concerned we would miss the egg, (my follie was 15.5mm on sunday, they grow 2mm every day, has to be 18mm for the trigger, I should have the IUI today!). I told them my concerns, and that I would prefer an ultrasound/bloods today to make sure we dont miss it. So they said yes, had the test and scan this morning and now waiting for results this afternoon. Grr - i feel full to the brim of hormones!!! (is it obvious)

Shades - i would love a read of your blog if possible. Can you please send me the link???

Diamond - my blog is here, although you should just be able to click on the number of blog entries that it displays up and to the right of this, where it has my join date and location and stuff. As far as I'm aware, anyone with a Bellybelly blog it will display there.
    Thanks for correcting my dodgy info I gave - must have been out of date or something

Shades - thanks for your blog info - I will have a read later x

Diamond - I completly understand your frustration, I mentioned to another BB member that we as patients of the clinic, need to be right on top of our treatments, or we could miss the boat - and another problem with waiting for their go ahead is - we cant BD for whilst we are waiting, so we could miss the boat naturally as well, I hope you get an early phone call today to ease your mind, let us know how you go ..

Thanks for the info on the 2mm per day growth, my fs never tells me any info re size of follies or clinical stuff, it frustrates me as everyone else on BB seems so in tune with their size, numbers, bt levels etc, hmmm Im going to push the issue today

Thanks for you blog link shades - i will have a read later today. For some reason I can not see your blog link up in your info, perhaps its cause I dont have a blog??

wouldloveabubba - knowledge is power when it comes to this. Ask heaps of questions, like exactly what are your hormone levels are, questions on side effects, anything that comes to your mind. I asked heaps of silly questions this morning, and the nurses were happy to answer no matter how dumb I sounded. You should be able to see or be told of your follicle results at your ultrasound. If not, make sure you ask them when they ring you with your results. I dont know about you guys, but I really feel that I have no control over my treatment. And this way, by asking questions, knowing more, I feel like I am gaining a sense of control.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond View Post
    Thanks for you blog link shades - i will have a read later today. For some reason I can not see your blog link up in your info, perhaps its cause I dont have a blog??
    That's odd - I'm sure I could see other people's before I started mine... Maybe I'm dreaming.

Hi girls

Back from the scan and all is going well, another scan on Friday and IUI on Monday, after a trigger Sat night, all being well of course. FS said she was happy with me choosing a IUI as I had managed to get PG before naturally, so I should have a good outcome ... Quite a positive appointment so I feel a glimmer of hope .... Think Positive WLAB but dont get too carried away .....

Hope you ladies are going well in your day .. have u heard your bt results diamond ?

Hi Everyone,

I agree knowledge is power - i am a nurse (critical care not fertility!) and was finding no one doctors and nurses were explaining anything - wasn't sure if they thought i already knew but it was so frustrating....so now i ask about everything and even on occasions ring them back the next day to "double check things!"

Well AFM i had BT Mon - exactly one week after being on my syneral spry - the hope was that my hormones would be "wiped out" i.e basline and i could start my 100 iu puregon injections.... but instead my prog has risen and is now 73 up from 39????? as has my e2??? but my hcg (pregnancy hormone) is only 0.1 so negative Grrrrrrrrr..... the nurse said to "just stay on syneral for another week and we will redo the bloods... some people take longer to respond than others. So i was really dissapointed as i had let myself think that maybe they would ring with my results and say "wow your pregnant stop the spray congrats " so i'm still sniffing, i'm bloated as all hell and eating like a maniac waiting waiting waiting...... Sorry about me post!

Sounds like everyone elses cycles are progressing well....Diamond have you got your results?? GL if IUI tom

Anyway off to organise dinner........

Bella xxx

Morning Guys,

Hope you are all doing well.

Bella - how frustrating for you to have to go another week on the syranel. We wait so long in this ttc game, and to have to wait more cause your levels arent perfect can be annoying. I feel for you, I hope they will settle down soon and you can move onto the purgeon.

wouldloveabubba you sound like you are coming along ... IUI on mon is good news, not too far away now...

Got my results back yesterday, levels have surged so i am ready for the IUI. Hubby gave me the trigger this morning (1st thing half asleep works great - it hardly hurts!!) and IUI booked for tomorrow morning. Thank goodness, I am over these fsh shots I feel soooo bloated. I was thinking of getting acup today - my question is will it be better today or tomorrow after the insemination?

Diamond - Glad you have definate plan, I can't help with the acu question, I dont get accu ... but good luck for tommorow's iui ..

Bella - not sure about what happenening with your cycle as yet, I need to read up

AFM: I got to work 27 k's away from home, worked for an hour and realised I had forgotten to have my puregon, rang the nurses - and they told me to go back home - back home, puregon, back to work, I have done 81 k's today, and it's only 11 am !!! ohhh I hope I get a bfp one day, this is so exhausting isnt it ..

wlab - you poor thing!!! What a drama to have to go back home. My clinic makes me take the purgeon right before I go to bed. That way I dont forget and I (hopefully) sleep through a side affects. Perhaps this will help you....

Spoke to mu acup today and she said ok to do on ovulation day, so went ahead with appt, feeling great now. Thanks for the best wishes for tomorrow...

Shades and bella hope you are doing well. Not sure where you are both at, I read a bit of your blog shades yesterday but didnt get to finish. Will catch up soon.

Hey Diamond - I'm just killing time at the moment - first appointment for this cycle on Fri, then hopefully my 3rd IUI will be on 27th Nov.

Hi Guys,

Quick update on my IUI today. Everything went went, simple procedure with a little bit of pain or slight discomfort. Hubby couldnt be there as he is travelling for work - pretty crappy time of month for it but thats how it goes I guess. I feel much better after the acup - I would highly recommend this to you all!

Shades - i hope time goes quickly for you. It seems we are constantly waiting when ttc, waiting for O, TWW, waiting to start cycle - its horrible!! And Im saying this at the beginning of my TWW!! I should be more positive....

Bella how are you travelling? Has the bloating settled?

Diamond - glad your IUI went well. So your accupuncturist recommended getting it done just after the IUI? I'm looking into accu but I can't afford to get it done very often...

Default acupunture

hi Shades,

just to be sure I am not giving out incorrect information...

My acupuncturist recommends acup once a week for ttc'ers and ivfer's. My problems yesterday was that I was confused as to whether ovulation day or insemination day would be preferred. She said ovulation day.

I know extra costs on top of our IVF costs are very hard to meet, but my acup only charges $40 for about 40mins, but she always goes for at least 50 - 60 mins. I am hoping it is worth it - I am giving this a go once a week for this IUI cycle so we will soon find out I guess....

Oh okay.. well - thanks and good luck!

Hi all, sorry it's taken a while for me to get back, I've had a difficult week. Was day 3 on Monday, ready to go in and get the all clear to start the IUI cycle before christmas, only to find out I have an ovarian cyst at the moment. Argh. Never had one before but sort of explains why o time was so painful last cycle and perhaps why it took so stupidly long (o'd around day 45). So after a scan on Monday and another one on Wednesday, no IUI for us this year. All over until Jan. Guess the up side is that we get a couple of months to concentrate on ourselves and I can lose a couple of kilos that I've gained this year (been a little stressful and another joy of PCOS).

I found a naturopath who's also a fertility and IVF nurse who works with couples undergoing assisted conception to increase the chances. So I'm seeing her on Saturday. Also have to have one more scan this year to see if the silly cyst goes away on its own.

Anyway, that's me. Wouldloveabubba - what a drama! Don't need any more drama in our lives do we! Fingers crossed for a less eventful end to the cycle followed by some really good news. Diamond, let me know how you go with the acupuncture, I've always been interested and the naturopath I'm going to see also works with an acupuncturist. Shades, I've had a good read of your blog, although couldn't find the photo of your donor - I admire your courage, it's daunting enough for me going through this journey along with DH, I hope you have a great result this cycle!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast