Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #3

Amy - So sorry things didnt work out for you this month, its so frustrating! I wish you the best of luck moving forward.

Megsmum - good luck for your scan on Monday. I did 3 scans this month before doing the IUI!

To everyone else, have a great weekend

ASM, I did the IUI today so I am now officially in the 2WW I'm sure I'll spend the next 14 days analysing EVERY single thing my body does, wondering if its a sign
    Anyway, in 2 weeks I'll either get my BFP or move to IVF, one way or the other there will be news and tears!

Amy, sorry about your BFN. I hope you have a good weekend regardless. What is your next move?

Megsmum, gl for Monday, I hope those follies get growing over the weekend!!

Kaydee, that's great that everything is moving quickly for you! And we'd love to have you hanging around. Maybe we need to start another thread for people that are just waiting, because there seems to be a few of us

Luckystrike, hope your tww flies by!!

swirl, and Angelbabies, how are you girls going?

I read up on the literature from the clinic on IVF, and I can't organise our counselling or anything until after I've seen my FS, and we've done up a personal IVF plan. Hopefully everything won't take too long after 25/7 otherwise I'll start to go a little crazy.

Luckystrike, good luck for your tww. Hoping it goes by quickly!

Amy, what a bugger. I was so hoping you'd get a good result this time round. I'm sarting to think their "3rd time lucky" saying is just a saying! Hoping AF arrives quickly for you so you can hopefully squeeze another round in before your fs appt... Is that still your plan? A weekend of chick flicks and chocolate sounds like a good way to forget about the frustrations of ttc.

Alloy, things are in limbo until that big fs appt! I think that's why I was so looking forward to ours because I just needed to know where we were heading next and the expected time frame of it all. I agree on the other thread idea. There are a lot of us who are just waiting around.

C'mon Megsmum, grow follies grow!!! It would have been way too convenient for it all to just happen on a weekend! Maybe next weekend???

Hi Swirl. Counting down to your lap on July 10. Hope you are ok.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all of your support.

Luckstrike I hope the passes you by really quickly.
    Alloy not to long until your FS appointment that you can start IVF straight away.
    Kaydee how is all the reading going?

AFM AF showed this morning.....when I had my BT on Friday I told them that I wouldn't be doing another cycle, but they have since called and have asked me to try one more time before I see the FS....they have said that the last 2 months that I haven't ovulated properly so they will increase my trigger from 5000 to 10000 so there will be no reason for me not to ovulate. So back to the clinic on Monday morning for US and if this cycle doesn't work we have out FS appointment on the 18th August to work towards.

I hope that everyone else is doing well , it is about time that we get a I think Polyanna was the last to get a +ve with IUI....and that seems like a long time ago.

Who is next to test?

Have a lovely weekend ladies

Well I m still lurking around but not doing a hell of a lot at the moment.... our FS appointment is not until the end of August and right now I m trying to just deal with the EDD of my little angels. So I m just quietly hovering around.... when I get my act together and stop sulking... you will all end up sick of me So enjoy the peace and quiet while you can

Hi Ladies,

Angelbabies I am so sorry to hear that it is close to your EDD

AFM I went to the clinic this morning to have my US and I have another massive cyst...they wernt sure what it is so they did another BT to see if I am preg and as predicted it has come back negative. Hearing the nurses say it twice in 3 days doesnt get any easier.

So I have to have another month off

Amy - I know there's not really much I can say, I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN and now a cyst

Angel Babies - to you too. No doubt about it, EDDs of angels suck I had mine for my angel in April and it was another one of the worst days of my life. Take care of yourself.

Alloy - I hope everything happens fast for you!

Lucky Strike - Yay for making the TWW! I hope it flies by for you with a BFP at the end

swirl - Hope you are going OK!

AFM, my scan today showed a 10mm follie, 2 6mm ones and a few other smaller ones. So still getting there, but a lot more slowly this month. Stupid body! I'm back for a BT on Wed and probably another scan on Friday at this stage. Maybe we might get to IUI this weekend after all Kaydee!! LOL

Well I think I m just about done with all the sulking..... time to put my head up and move forward.... I keep picturing looking down having one of my angels in each arm.... but I ve just got to deal with it and move on.

Soooo I have my appointment with my FS in August and from what I have read and looked through, my thought was that I lean towards IUI instead of IVF again... its DH s swimmers that need a little assistance so maybe... just maybe standard IUI will give them the help they need.

I would love to hear some of your experiences with IUI... I walked into IVF not knowing a thing... I would much prefer to know something this time around.

I look forward to getting to know you all much better.

Hi Ladies,
    I have been missing in action for a while, just catching up on the thread, so sorry to hear that there hasnt been any positive news, we definately need some!
    Since I last wrote on here, I have completed 1 natural cycle , but monitored as i was going back to the uk mid cycle so could not do anything assisted. I wanted to do this to see what my body did naturally, that time around I only took liqid vitex and did the pregnyl injections as prog support, unfortunately at ovulation time and for 2 weeks following I came down with the worst cold ever and had to fly back to the uk, so knew that there was no chance of preg that cycle as i felt very very ill. Interestingly though my day 21 prog levels were 66, which is way higher than any assisted iui cycles that i did, the nurse was very excited, kept saying it was a fantastic result. These prog levels mean that I had a good quality ovulation, so I am doing the same again this cycle, just coming up to ovulation now! I am still in the uk, just got back from 2 week hols in France, I had a fab time and this break was just what I needed, I now realise how stressed I was, which certainly wont help! After the last failed iui cycle I met with my FS and agreed to go onto ivf when i return from the uk if I dont succeed naturally, I am now thinking that I may give it a little longer on the vitex, as I feel hell of alot better on it than those drugs! and seem to be getting a better response, I also have been consistently ill for the last 3 months, think my body needs a break!
    Amy- if you have to wait this cycle out, why dont you try vitex as well, as it sounds like you had a similar prob to me, my prog was always low as well, and short LP. Many girls in the park swear by it who had problems conceiving, I also fell pregnant on it in Jan but unfortunately miscarried very early on. it is best to start from beginnning of cycle, but it sounds like you are not far in . you get it from a health food shop, it must be the liquid stuff though, 2 mls in the morning first thing.
    Kaydee- Im sorry to read about your last cycle, It sounds like you are ready for the next step now. I will also be going down that path if i dont succeed this way, I just feel i need a break from it all though.
    good luck to all those in the 2ww, I get back to oz mid july, enjoying the summer here at the mo.
    take care ladies
    Fi x

Hi Fi,

It is so good to hear from you again and I am glad to hear that you are having a lovely holiday.

I just read your post and went straight down to our local Health Food shop and purchased Vitex (liquid) and OMG it tastes discusting!!!! I was not expecting it to be that bad....but if it helps than I will do it.

How long do you take it for? Do you take it for the whole cycle? I can't believe that it can make that much of a difference, but it is nice to do something natural for a while.

Take care and have a safe trip home

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been in the 2WW since Friday and so far no signs of anything, and still no tender breasts as I mentioned in an earlier post.
    I guess it will just be a waiting game and I'll either be starting IVF or celebrating a BFP in a couple weeks.

Fifi - hope you are enjoying your trip. I am new to this thread but sounds like I will be hearing more from you, hopefully to say your cycle resulted in a BFP! Hope the natural cycle works out for you. Wouldnt that be nice!

Angel Babies - sorry have been thru such a hard time, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you. I hope you have many happy days ahead to help you get past this. As for IUI, this is my 2nd go at it. I thought our FS would get us to do ICSI b/c my DH low count, but he though IUI would be an option b/c we conceived out DD naturally. I am not very optimistic about it to be honest, but thought we'd try it as a start. I think you should do what the FS recommends, if its IUI then its a much simpler option, but if its IVF, then you need to cosider that also and find out what the reasons are.

Megsmum - good luck at your next US and hope the follies are big enough to proceed. My cycle was a weird one too this month, so dont worry.

Amy - sorry about the cyst, but perhaps a rest is good for you anyway. Going thru all this can be quite stressful and a break is probably not a bad idea sometimes.

Kaydee and Alloy - hi! and hope you dont have to wait to long to get to the next step.

And hi to anyone I missed, hope you are going well!
    Last edited by LuckyStrike; July 8th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.

LuckyStrike... Thank you..... Low sperm count is our reasoning behind it as well. We did do ICSI IVF last year which resulted in our little angels. We also went through many tests including having massive amounts of endo removed. So fingers crossed we dont have to go through IVF again and that IUI is enough to help the little swimmers get to where they are meant to be.

Hi,

Angelbabies, I've read your last few posts about your angels with tears in my eyes. I too can only imagine what your going through, I can't help imagining what life would be like now if I conceived 10/11/12 - 24 months ago let alone having to cope with mc as well. I hope things are looking up for you, and you have a sticky bfp soon!! As for IUI, I've done 2 cycles back to back with no result, and my dh has super sperm apparently. Our infertility is unexplained, so we're moving to IVF now to maybe flush out any issues the eggs and sperm are having in getting together. I hope IUI is successful for you though, it's not too invasive compared to what I've read of IVF.

Amy, that really sux that you got another cyst! hopefully your clinic/FS can get it sorted quickly. I have the next month off too, so I know how your feeling about that.

Fi, It's great to read that you're having a good time in Europe! Sux that you've been unwell though, I hope your feeling better soon. Good luck with your natural cycle, Vitex sounds interesting, I might have to venture down to the health food shop today and see about getting some .

Kaydee, hope your enjoying your time off before starting IVF! I bet your still counting down though

Megsmum, how did your BT go yesterday? Hopefully you get to Inseminate on the weekend!!

Swirl, gl for your lap tomorrow - I hope it all goes well.

I'm still waiting around, but my lap incision in my belly button has ended up infected so i had to go back to the hospital yesterday (a 1 hour 45 minute trip from work) for antibiotics - FUN!!

Alloy.... Best of luck with IVF. I am still undecided as to whether I would do IVF again. I was prepared for the needles (though I am not a fan of them) but what I wasnt prepared for is what it does to you. Mind you I was on 450 with the pen, the highest doese. BUT my whole persona changed and is only now back to where it was. With people who have been on continual IVF cycles then stop they say that they didnt realise how much of a difference it made to them once they stopped........ I am certainly not trying to scare you with any of this..... its just the one thing I wish like hell I knew was the degree it would effect me physically, mentally and emotionally..... I would have still done it.... but I just wish I knew ahead of time...... Absolute best of luck with it.... it gave me my little angels so for me there are no regrets.

Angel Babies - I don't know anything about IVF, but for us the IUI has been a nice gentle introduction to the world of AC. Fairly non invasive (well I imagine it is compared to IVF) but gives you a little bit of an idea of what you might be in for with IVF. Our problems are with me - very irregular cycles and maybe not ovulating every month, so at least the tracking involved with the IUI means we can time BDing around the IUI, and we can also trigger to make sure that I do ovulate. Anyway, I hope the essay helps and good luck to you with IUI - I hope it does the trick for you and you don't have to do IVF again.

Alloy - Bummer about the incision getting infected and what a pain being 1 hr 45 mins from the hospital! I hope the abs get it sorted for you quickly, best not to muck around with post op infections, you don't want to end up back in hospy.

Lucky Strike - Hope the TWW is treating you kindly. Fingers crossed for a BFP at the end of it! I hope to be joining you soon

Fi - You lucky thing, 2 weeks in France! I would absolutely love to go back there, we have been there twice now and loved it both times. Anyway, I hope you have some luck with the natural cycles.

Hi to anyone else that I have missed, hope you are all doing well.

AFM, at my blood test yesterday I had an E2 of 560. So I went back today for more bloods thinking that hopefully it might be high enough today to justify another scan tomorrow. Well, the clinic rang a little while ago to let me know that my LH is surging today!! So no trigger shot for me this month, and we will be having IUI tomorrow morning. Fair dinkum, I think my body is just mental sometimes! I have just got no idea of what goes on with me anymore. But oh well, at least we have finally gotten there and I don't need to have anymore jabs in the arm LOL

Hi Everyone

My spirits are rising as the weekend is approaching
    Hope everyone is going well!

Megsmum - that is fantastic news! I wish you all the best today, and it all goes well and its your last time you will have to do this. Lots of to you!

Angel babies - Wow 450 is a huge dose, I can understand why it affected you. The councellor i spoke to actually really emphasised to DH that if we do IVF that he needs to really support me, b/c I will be going through alot. We spent ALOT of time on that, but I guess you never really know what you are in for until you are there. I hope this month works out for me and we dont have to go thru with it, but if it doesnt, we will be moving to IVF too.
    I wish you lots of sucess with IUI and hope you dont have to even consider IVF again.

Alloy sorry about the infection, hope you are better now. These sorts of things are always annoying.

Kaydee & Amy how are you going? Havent heard from either of you in a while.

ASM complete my 1st week of the 2WW so have another to go. Nothing special really going on, starting to feel the usual AF twinges, so not very hopefull. But then again I didnt have any special signs when I was PG with DD so you never know what to expect. Breasts are still normal and no tenderness which is VERY unusual as I have never ever not had tender breasts after ovulation, which is making me think these drugs are doing very strange things to my body.

Anyway no point in specualting anything, hope you all have a great weekend.

Thanks LS I had the IUI this morning and everything went well, so I guess now I can finally join you in the TWW. I'm just feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself today though, I'm really quite achey in the ovary area this month. Oh well I can take it if I finally get a BFP in 2 weeks time!

I hope you are wrong about the AF twinges. I never had any symptoms either when I was pg with my DD until about the 6 or 7 week mark, when ms set in - not even any breast tenderness. My fingers are all crossed for you!

Hi everyone,

Luckystrike, one week to go. Doesn't time drag when you're in the tww... Hoping you're keepng busy.

Megsmum, glad to see your iui went ahead with no worries... what a topsy turvy month for you! At least it all worked out in the end. Bring on the BFP!

Amy, so sorry to read about your cyst. Hoping your month off passes quickly and your fs appt gives you some direction. Last time, your cyst gave you some pain... how are you feeling? Are you still trying the vitex?

Alloy, bugger about the lap incision infection. The things we go through! But it will all be worth it in the end...

Angel babies. Hope you are well.

Fi, you lucky girl!!!! Hope you're having a fab holiday in the UK. Maybe vitex will do the trick along with a stress free holiday... Wouldn't that be nice!

AFM, waiting for AF to show for this cycle (i'm cd25) so we can get this ivf train moving... I went along to an acupuncture session during the week just to suss it all out. I've never been before but from what I have read, it increases success of embryos implanting after the transfer. I'm a bit of a control freak and wanted to know what it was all about before we got mid cycle. It's different... relaxing (but probably because I actually lay still for half an hour and just stopped ) Freaks me out how they insert such long needles and don't have any blood when the needle is removed... Probably lucky I didn't see the length of one of the needles until it was removed. I guess if it helps, it's worth a try.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast