Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Concieve with IUI #1

Clinic rang... bloods are in ...progesterone is at 38!! They said they will see me next Thursday for the PG test.
    All in all said that they were happy with this result.....ohhh yeah can finally breath now knowing that I did O

Thats fantastic Nicole... Cant wait to hear your big news... (think positive think positive)

Im still wondering though why i never had a progesterone test?

Hi Nicole
    Great result today with the bloods. What was going on with Old Windsor Road this morning????? I am sooo sick of the traffic around our area. I have everything crossed for you for next Thursday, I know the wait is going to be a killer!!!
    I'm feeling slightly better than yesterday, but still annoyed at this cycle. Spoke with the nurse today to find out that I'm not actually having an u/s tomorrow as I thought. My bloods on Tues were quite low so another blood test is all I am going to have at this stage. I have a feeling that it is because I was all over the place with my injection times this cycle. First one was at 6pm then had 2 at 5pm, then Sunday was at 2pm only to jump back up to 5 pm for the last few days. This is the ****ty thing with AC, having to live your life around injections, blood tests, etc. So god only knows when I will actually have the IUI this cycle. Sorry, really ranting today!!!
    Paula, I had the cramps like you are having now. Pregnyl is just horrible. You want to read so positively into the symptoms you are having, but you just can't. I know the wait is dreadful, I feel for you babe!
    Hope everyone is well.

Belinda i was under the impression that the injections had to be at the same time daily.. that could be it!

Hey Paula, did you ask your FS or nurse how come you didn't have a progesterone test?
    Even things like when you start your injections some at day 4 and some at day 6 for others....
    Seems like each clinic all have their own protocol?!?!?
    Belinda, I too thought that the injections had to be at the same time daily?
    Last edited by Nicole S; April 2nd, 2008 at 03:49 PM.

No i never got around to asking and there is no point now... Never mind. Like you said, each clinic must have their own way of doing things. Did you have to take Puregon?

Yep...good old Puregon....what dosage were you on?

Umm... im not too sure to be honest with you. I didnt realise there was different dosages and ive chucked the box out now Does 1500 sound right. That just rings a bell for some reason. I had a box with the little glass bottle thingys that you had to mix. Sorry im a bit airy fairy with the drugs. I just enjoyed taking them (the injecting) hahaha i know, im a freak!

Hey Paula, I'm on Puregon 300 IU, dosage of 50 this cycle. But I didn't have to mix anything with it?!?!
    I must say the injections are heaps better than the blood tests...so no you are not a freak...I too actually didn't mind them...probably cause DH was doing the jabbing
    I can't believe that we will be having our PG bloods next week...time fly's when you having fun...hey....

Great news Nicole. Fingers crossed for more positive news to come!

Does anyone know what the difference is between the drugs - puregon, gonal-f? Different clinics - different preferences?? Different fertility probs - different drugs?? Just curious...

Nicole and Paula...yes, the injections should be done at the same time every day, but because we had a wedding to go to on Sunday, I had to give myself the injection early. Was advised by the clinic nurse to stagger the injections around the early one so it didn't put my system out of whack!! Looks like it did anyway.
    Paula, it sounds like the injection you were describing is the pregnyl, not the puregon. I was on 1500iu pregnyl and also had to mix the solvent into the powder before injecting.
    Kaydee...Gonal-f and puregon are both FSH and the only real difference is the trade name of each. Different manufacturer, different name. I think it is up to the individual clinics preferences as to which drug you will be prescribed.

Hey Belinda, good luck tomorrow for your Blood Test...I hope you don't get stuck on Old Windsor Road that is if you are having to go to Westmead.
    that your IUI will still be latter this week

Hahaha Belinda your right... I was meant to ask Nicole if she had used Pregnyl not Puregon.. hahahaha Oopss must be all the "P's"..

Easily done Paula
    4 Sleep for you to go....how u feeling?

Hey Nicole,

Im feeling very good. Ive been wishing the week away mainly because ive been so tired and its been punishing to be at work whilst all i want to do is sleep, i just cant wait for the weekend so i can sleep in, but other than that i feel like the TWW has really flown by! At the moment i am just hoping that AF stays away before the test. Even if the test comes back negative i rather that than have AF show up to be honest. But so far, DH and i are staying very positive. It feels right, it would be perfect timing for us in everyway so fingers crossed and we will just have to wait and see on Monday!

How you feeling? Not much longer for you!

Yeah feel the same way about AF. If she is going to show would much prefer to see her before BT...
    I'm feeling pretty good, allot more positive knowing I did O this month.
    With 7 more sleeps to go I hope the days fly fast.
    DH and I decided that if cycle doesn't go the way we would like this month we will give it another shot and see if the FS agrees as we will be seeing him on the 14th.
    Other than that like mad for a BFP this month.......

Does anyone know if it is ok to sneak in a home preg test on Sunday? The day before the BT? Or will the pregnyl still affect the result?

Hi Paula,

I've been lurking and seeing how all you IUI girls are going. In answer to your question, it depends on when your last shot was. My FS said that after last 1500iu shot to wait 7 days before testing.

In my situation, I have been caught in that trap of doing the HPT and it has only caused me to do my head in more. Not sure if they are a good idea or not, but it is your decision.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies, hope to see some BFP's very soon.

Janie xxx

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast