Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ Feb 2006

We have a new exciting section for TTC Journals here guys! Enjoy!!

Hi All

Mako - hope you're doing ok - i know facing the anniversary of losing your angel is a hard thing, but always know that your little angel is watching over you, waiting to handpick the perfect little soul for you to hold in your arms

AUZZGAL - good luck for your appointment this week

KTGirl - you and i are kinda in the same boat - i've had to take a TTC break til i get my medical (and emotional) issues under control a little. have to say that having a couple of weeks to without the stress of TTC has been nice - should be much better when we kick start again in a few weeks without the stress of surgery looming (here's hoping)

to everyone else, sorry for no personals. haven't been posting here much lately cos of my self-imposed TTC break, so even though i've been reading your posts, i haven't really gotten to know you all - should be back on board very soon. hope that you all have BFP's soon, and that those with issues get them resolved in the very near future so that you can get back to your TTC journey.

Good afternoon girls, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Moko, I hope you get a new computer, silly, inconsiderate people for stealing goods, its so upsetting.
    Missbelinda, I really hope that your bleeding will not get worse, I wish the doctors would step outside the square and place some individual attention on clients, instead of just following protocols, we are all different, why wont they just give us some special attention and look at our needs as individuals.
    Ohhh and ATrying Time, I wish you a BFP with this cycle of clomid and hope you do not have to take more.

Auzzgal, I was on chlomid on only 2 cycles, and they put me straight on the indictable, even with the ingestible, they always have to play around with the dosage as my ovaries always react differently. Once my estrogen levels are high enough, and I have a decent follicle than ill do the trigger shot. I will not ovulate without it. I remember I once had 14 follicles all pretty large, they didnít want to give me the trigger in case I was going to over stimulate, and I just never ovulated, I was stuck with massive ovaries for a good 2 months. Ahh well what are you going to do, it protocall.

Well ill catch up with you tomorrow. Hope you are all coping ok

AUZZGAL Guest

Firstly thankyou for all your support!

Well i went to the specailst yesterday as i had to go into town anyway as i hurt my back so i rang them and they slipped me so i could go then.

Well i didnt ovulate....Boo Hoo
    Im on 50mg CD 2-6 now and will go up each time from there!
    I asked the dreaded question what if clomid dosent work? well he said i would have to have surgery (ovarian drilling) and maybe some clomid he says he see;s great success with that! Anyone else had that?

But im hoping and praying that clomid/met will be enough for me!
    I have a huge fear of anathesetic so i really hope met/clomid will work!

then when i arrived home AF arrived so im glad that i can start straight away again at least.

What mg's of clomid or met/clomid combo worked for you?

Hope everyone is doing well
    All the best
    Kristie

hi auzzgal. i didn't get any response to clomid either, so i know how frustrated you'e feeling at the moment. turns out my hormonal issues are pretty bad cos even on 150mg i didn't have any response so moved onto injectables and IUI

anyhow, just wanted to drop in and let you know that the ovarian drilling is not a big deal. i also don't like anaesthetics (AT ALL) - i have panic attacks thinking about it, but i figured it was something that had to happen in the TTC journey we were taking, so i just decided to grin and bear it. was up and about same afternoon, and apart from feeling bad AF type pains for a few days afterwards, everything was fine. worst part was moving from standing to sitting or sitting to standing - and even that wasn't bad - just slower than normal! i really hope you respond to the higher dose of clomid and don't have to go down this path, but if you do need the surgery, it's not too serious. feel free to PM or email me if you want more info or just want to chat...

AUZZGAL, I really hope that Clomid works for you

How is everyone else doing?

As for me - I am not sure what is happening? I posted a new thread with a question about Provera and spotting but I will ask you girls too...
    Today is the 7th day after the last tablet of Provera. Yesterday I thought AF had arrived, it was light though. But today - NOTHING!! Except of course the cramping, which has been around for about a week now.
    Could yesterday have just been spotting? and is this normal?

I hope everyone is doing well.
    Thanks
    SAM

AUZZGAL Guest

Starting round 2 of clomid today! YAY AF is giving me lots of pain i hate her......
    My best friend rung yesterday and it looks like shes pregnant...................Well i feel like the worst friend in the world cause i dont feel happy for her and i think maybe shes not.. Like i feel i would be so happy if she rung and told me she got her periods i feel really bad as she is a great friend! Still in alot of pain with my back i wish it would go away!!! but at least i start clomid today
    When do you take your clomid? night/day

Briggys girl: i added you to yahoo hope its ok Thanks

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Take Care
    Kristie

Hi Auzzgal - Yahoo is fine

i completely understand where you're coming from in regards to not feeling happy for your friend - i always feel a sinking feeling in my stomach when i hear of someone being pregnant - especially the ones that have an "unexpected" pregnancy announcement. i tend to just block them out. i'd hate for anything to happen to them in terms of suffering a loss or anything, but i feel closer to the people who've been through something similar to this iykwim? i don't think you're bad for wishing she isn't pg - we all feel a little envious at times - and i think you're probably just feeling that she might understand a little better what you're going through if she's not - maybe i'm wrong, but i know that's how i've felt about things before... and i'm sure if she rings up and confirms a pg, you'll feel happy for her - eventually....

Hope AF problems calm down for you - she can be a vindictive witch sometimes can't she! i always took clomid at night - minimised any potential for suffering side effects cos i slept through the hardest part of it, plus apparently a lot of hormonal regulation happens while you're sleeping....

hope you're feeling a little better and that clomid works it's charms for you this cycle.

Hello
    Sammy darling dont stress, our bodies react differently to these type of drugs. Its unnatural therefore it affects us all in different ways. Provera the first time didnít make me bleed, and on the second and third AF started after two days of taking the last tablet. It only lasted for two days with very mild bleeding. Some people have proper bleedings but I from what I have read most girls that do not bleed naturally on their own will most likely not have a proper bleed on Provera. Anyways, take care of yourself.

As for me, I am on day 10 of Gonalf injections, waiting to see if hormones have gone up. They increased the dosage from 175iu/ml to 225 as my hormone levels were not increasing. -Stubborn ovaries-. So I am now waiting for my results to see if they are going up. I think I will have another cancelled cycle.

Well I hope everyone else is doing ok, Auzzgal wishing you all the best with this round of Chlomid. My sister in Law is due in about 2.5 weeks, we were both trying at the same time and she conceived while I struggled watching her belly grow. Ahh well. I am really happy for them. They are in their mid 30ís and this is their first baby. I have now learned to let those who are pregnant to share their experience with me, as I find it unfair for them to not express their happiness because I am going through conception difficulties.

Well monash called, levels are still very low. Going to go for a run nowÖHave a good long weekend girls. All the best.

Good afternoon ladies,

I have been loitering the last couple of days and reading a lot, but not posted anything.
    I had a bad time earlier in the week and was very down over the whole TTC game.

Tired of the drugs, charting, the scheduling of baby dancing, poas, waiting, etc, etc - you guys know the drill.

Then I come in here and read the thing that you guys are also going through and it gives me the will to keep on going

I just wanted to thank you all for the wonderful community that you have created.

Sammi - Hope AF makes an appearance

Auzzgal - Good luck on your clomid cycle

LtlPanda - Sorry to hear that your hormones aren't behaving

Briggsy's girl - I hope the surgery went well and that you recover quickly

I hope eveyone has a great long weekend

ATryingTime - we all understand how you're feeling - sometimes it's just massively frustrating and heart breaking when things aren't going the way they should be. i can only hope you are having a better time now

as for me, the surgery seems to have gone pretty well. am feeling pretty uncomfy at the moment - have a fat lip, and it's still feeling like there's a fair amount of local anaesthetic pumped into my lips, though i'd have though it would have worn off by now seeing the surgery was 10 hours ago... oh well, them's the breaks! if it's still feeling odd tomorrow i'll contact the surgeon, but for now, i think i'm just glad i can't feel everything yet!!!

AUZZGAL Guest

Hi All
    Hope everyone is well!
    I had acupuncture today i feel great soooo relaxed! She ae me some fertility herbs as well so i hope with all im doing i can give clomid a better chance of working and it really helps me relax ( cause im such a darn STRESS head) so as long as its doing something!

In the next few months if the clomid dosent work this doc wants me to have ovarian drilling as i said earlier just getting ready incase!lol
    Do you know a good ob/gyn in south QLD or not much further then brisbane? that i could see to get a 2nd opinion, I know there is the QLD fertility clinic anyone been there? and Monash anyone been there? and what did you think?
    Thanks
    Take Care
    You are such great support and i wish you all the very best
    Kristie

hey Ladies,
    AUZZGAL, I have had acupuncture too and love it! Sorry I am in Sydney so can't help with the ob.gyn info.
    BG, I hope the swelling goes down soon and you are feeling a-ok in no time
    LtlPanda, I hope those injections start doing the trick soon.
    ATryingTime, I totally understand how you are feeling sometimes it all just gets you so down...I hope that you are having a super day today

As for me...AF has been doing odd things all week. Spoke to my FS yesterday and he said to count Tuesday as Day 1 so I get to start my 100mg Clomid today!! Which is great. I am having an ultrasound next Monday to check the follicle growth and then I will have a BT on CD21.

Fingers, toes and everything crossed for everyone.
    I hope you all have super weekends.
    SAM

Hi ladies,

Feeling a little better at the moment - just planning on enjoying the long weekend and not thinking about anything to much.

I am having a girls movie afternoon/evening with some women from work today and have booked in for my first appointment with an accupuncturist on Monday.

I was a little nervous about the accupuncture, but once again you guys save the day.

Auzzgal - I'm glad that you found the accupuncture relaxing - being a stresshead myself, I am hoping it will aid with relaxation. I also recently took up yoga.

BG - I hope that the swelling goes down soon and that your recovery is speedy.

Sammy - Thats great news about being able to start your second cycle of clomid! - Here's hoping it's the one

Morning

Its great how we are all keeping in touch, and sharing our daily life with one another.

ATryingTime, I am really glad you are feeling better, its so important to have a break from daily sterss.
    sammy88, sorry, just having a brain fart, how many cycles of chlomid have you had? I hope this cycle brings you a BFP.
    Auzzal, ovarian drill, that sounds scarry. I really hope you do not have to go down this line.
    briggsy's girl, I am glad your surgery went ok and hope the swelling goes down.

Well I have been struggling with sore ovaries and the runns all week. Last night was the worst so far. Tomorrow I have a blood test in the morning, so I am really hoping the hormones have gone up.

Well going to Ballarat today for a day trip. Have a good one girls.

HI all - hope you're all enjoying your weekend - and for those of us lucky enough to be in vic, looking forward to the extra day off tomorrow (not that it matters for me, i have another week on sick leave....)

well, looks like the swelling is gonna ge worse before it gets better. this morning i woke up with my left eye swollen half closed - but i guess thats what i have to expect - all the paperwork says swelling will get worse for 2-3 days, then improve. it's just frustrating - there's no pain around my eye, so it kinda feels just plain weird!! anyway, things look to be going ok with recovery so shouldn't be too long before i can go back to TTC - yay!!!

AUZZGAL Guest

Sammy: We are at the exact same cycle lol im on my 2nd last day of clomid i take it from cd2-6 Im at 50 mg though.Im glad you lie acupuncture i love it Do you get TCM herbs?
    Atryingtime: Im glad others are doing acupuncture i have great success stories even after 14 IVF aattempts etc and they conceive they can unblock tubes etc. Hows Yoga?

Panda: Hope you feel better (((HUGS)))

Take Care
    Kristie

Hey Ladies,
    i do Yoga too and I love it...at first it was hard but now I am really enjoying it.
    AuzzGal, Nope I dont get any herbs. I hope we both get BFP on our 2nd cycles - fingers crossed.
    BG, I am glad that it looks like recovery is going OK...and back to TTC soon!!
    LtlPanda, sorry to hear about the sore ovaries and runs Good luck with your BT tomorrow. This is my second cycle of Clomid. The first one was 50mg and I didn't ovulate, so my FS upped the dose to 100mg. Hope you had a good day in Ballarat.
    ATryingTime, how was the movie? what did you see? I was so nervous before my first acupuncture appt but it was great in the end! and I couldn't wait till my 2nd appt.

I hope all the ladies in Vic have a great day off tomorrow.
    SAM

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast