thread: TTC after Tubal Reversal #17

Nov 2006

katt, yeh i did tell her off cause i had plenty of reason to be having another scan. it doesn't concern me in the least what they say, so long as they perform there job. I have decided though to go to another provider here and see how they are. I am really glad that dr soo has come around as i believe the same as mum of six, two chances are better than one, and besides they are our embryo's not theirs. They are service providers- not life deciders. So when do you start the pill?

kiya, nice to hear your back. we could see the other twins heartbeat but she couldn't measure it. I am having another scan next tuesday again to check everything. That will be my last for about a month or so before I go again to check on everything. I just won't be totally confident until i have reached about 10 weeks and even better when i reach 12 weeks. I really hope to.
    mumofsix, gee hows that? they just hand you everything... i guess they know your confident....hows sniffing? keeping it well hidden from mum?

Mar 2009
    brisbane

hi everyone how are you all doing?

luvchildren, we're glad dr soo came around as well tho we still have to wait for the final ok from dr smith and so far we havent heard anything, the distance card we played was the one that got him plus we said we couldnt afford to keep going back for only one. tho i really dont know what i would do if they both took, atleast i wont have to go back for a second one cause dh wants two so who knows, i will be grateful for even one at a time. hopefully i will start the pill saturday or sunday at the latest tho with my body could be as late as nxt weekend.

take care
    angela

Dec 2006
    Brisbane

Katt... i missed your post about getting in contact with dr soo thats great news.
    Have you been out to buy the microgynen yet(pill)??
    Sniffing is doing my head in this time, very dizzy and sick feeling and feel very on edge

Mar 2009
    brisbane

hi mumofsix, yeah i brought the pill the other week its just sitting there waiting, so over taking the vitamins there like horse tablets and dh only has to take one, ive got him on menevit lol. yeah it is good that dr soo agreed for two to be put in hopefully dr smith will agree to it as well atleast it increases our chances. its not good what the spray is doing to you this time it will soon be over and soon will hopefully be all worth it.

take care
    angela

Dec 2006
    Brisbane

Katt... i hope your right.
    Im counting down everyday hehe

Mar 2009
    brisbane

hi mumofsix, im hoping that im right to especially since your other ones didn't make the thaw, hopefully a fresh start will do the trick, its worked for everyone else so fingers crossed.

angela

Feb 2008
    newcastle

hi MUMOFSIX/LUVCHILDREN whats the total cost of ivf/drugs/doctor??? can i pay with credit card????
    im trying to talk df into letting me do it early like NOW so i can be due around the same time as you guys (just got to get some really strong gum for the non smoking lol) also send me doctors name and number again mumofsix as i really want to see the same doctor as you....
    my df wants his marine fish tank so that will be my bait for my early ivf lol but i cant do it unless they let us use his credit card please say they will????

Feb 2008
    newcastle

I have told df it should cost about $2000 all up would that be right???
    for ivf, doctor and extra drugs???
    do we get to claim any back from medicare???

Nov 2006

katt, glad to hear you are almost at the start... it really is a rollacoaster as mumofsix often reminded me. i hear you about the vitamins, the pregnancy ones are horse tablets to, but i am not complaining about having to take them. hope you get you ok from howard soon. I didn't know either what i would do if the two took, and even now not sure until i am past the unsafe zone that they have taken, but i will accept God's gift as I am sure you will too.

mummy25, yeh i think they do. just get in contact with them to check it out. if your going with westmead, you don't get your medicare back until after transfer and it depends totally on your threshold and whether you have reached your safety net.

Mar 2009
    brisbane

hi everyone how are you?

luvchildren, oh i believe you that its a rollercoaster i think the worst part is going to be the waiting to see if its worked. im sure your twins will be ok this time ive got my fingers crossed and everything for you.
    do any of you know if westmead is open on weekends cause my af normally comes on a sunday lol

take care
    angela

Feb 2008
    newcastle

how many weeks are you luvchildren????
    im on medication to stabilise my moods and it looks like i will have to go off them while pregnant so df may not let me do that grrr not looking good at mo for ivf.....
    im happy to come off them but df is not happy with it he is using it against me.,

Feb 2008
    newcastle

I have an appointment to see my gp and he is going to frown at us for wanting a new baby LOL but i think he will give us the referral also i think he will stop my medication as its my choice.
    what tests do we need him to do? i had the std ones done about 9 months ago when we were thinking of doing ivf before but df has not also can our gp test his sperm count???
    sorry i missed your call today mumofsix i was asleep LOL i slept in till 11am and was shocked when i saw the time df just left me sleeping...
    I never sleep in and i didnt even have a late night.

Mar 2009
    brisbane

hi everyone how are you all goin? hows your weekends?

good to hear mummy25 that you may be starting soon.

have a good weekend.
    ang

Nov 2006

katt, the waiting to see if it has worked is quite a tough slough but i found that everything before it was worse as i had never been on any drugs, had epu, or anything else like that. I was nervous to about the amount of eggs that they collected too. I have another scan on tuesday, so i am looking forward to confirming it. thanks for the support. I think there is nurses answering the phones on sunday but i don't think they are actually open

mummy25, hey 6w 4d. you have to have hep b, hiv. i know there is more but can't remember them. sorry. yes his sperm has to be checked to. hope you gp supports your decision.

Dec 2006
    Brisbane

Mummy...did you get a hold of any of the FS to check on the waiting time to get in?? Your GP has to give you the referal he has no choice in the matter, but i guess you have to tell him the FS name you have booked. You have to have a pelvic ultrasound just to check your lining and your ovaries.
    Both of you have to have full blood count including rubella and throid, HIV, and DF needs a sperm count which the GP can arrange.

Katt... Westmead is only closed on sundays but there is someone that takes the calls over the weekend.

Mar 2009
    brisbane

hi everyone how are you all doing?

mumofsix, didnt need westmead this weekend af still hasn't come tho it should but thursday hopefully tho it will come tomarrow. how are things goin for you at the moment.

luvchildren, how are you? hope everything goes fine at the scan tomarrow, im sure it will, let me know how they're going.

take care everyone
    angela

Nov 2006

katt, hi how are you? i had my scan and thankfully he could measure twin a's hearbeat which was 117 and twin b was 150. they were both clearly there, so i was content to see them. I still can't wait to get over the next couple of weeks to be in the clear....

Jan 2007
    The Dirt Patch, Qld

hey luv.....sounds like you have a boy and girl there......congrats darl.....you will do fine and you will have these little bubbas.....take care everyone...**hugs** kiya

... 61415161718