Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miscarriage after Heartbeat

Default Miscarriage after Heartbeat

Hi there,

First time to this site - it's amazing what you find when you go looking. My first pregnancy has just resulted in a missed miscarriage.

I had a scan at 7 weeks and another at 8 in my OB's office, both showed a nice strong heartbeat. I had some brown spotting, but had it all checked out and was advised it was implantation bleeding and nothing to worry about - but I still did worry.

At the 12 week scan there was no heartbeat, the size was only about 8.5 weeks.

I had a curette the next day and the OB told me that even after a heartbeat, there is still around a 20% chance of losing.

I am so angry that not only did my body not "do" the pregnancy right, but when I miscarried it didn't "do" that right either.

Do other people have experiences of having a missed or silent miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat?

Thanks heaps...

I'm sorry to read about your loss. Your feelings are understandable. Just allow yourself to grieve and heal in YOUR time and not according to anybody else's agenda. We're all different.

With regards to your question....unfortunately yes. I had a miscarriage last year. I was 15w4d. I had seen and heard the heartbeat at 15w2d.

Lisa
    Last edited by Mumintaz; January 21st, 2007 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling and hit reply when I didnt mean to

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi firsttimer, lots of the girls in here have so you are not alone. I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious little one, you will find the girls in here an extremely valuable support.

Fisrttimer,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I have had the same experience to what you are going through, i was having my routine 12week ultrasound when i was dealt the terrible news that my little baby ,whom my DH and i longed for had stopped growing at 10w2d....nothing could have prepared me for what we had just been told...and i do remember feeling the same way you do.
    I had a D&C that same night as i couldn't stand the thought of waiting for my body to miscarry naturally.......and in a way i was hoping they had made a terrible mistake and i would go back and find everything to be ok.

Sorry for the ramble, i haven't really answered your question properly.
    Thinking of you.Leah

Hi Firsttimer
    you are not alone, believe me, my most recent miscarriage I had seen the heart beat two weeks before. As this was my 3rd miscarriage I had prepared myself for the worst and two weeks later it was to be....
    Just look after yourself and DH, it is a tough time but you WILL get through it.

Hi firsttimer,
    I recently had a missed miscarriage at 12 wks after seeing a heartbeat at 6 weeks. Apparently the heart had stopped just after the u/s - at 7 wks, but I didn't start to bleed till 12 wks. Thinking back I lost my symptoms around 8 wks too. Sometimes it just seems to happen that way and there's no reason. I'm sorry for your loss. It's a hard thing to go through.
    Best wishes,
    Rach

I'm truly sorry to hear of the loss of your baby.

Unfortunately I don't have any further info for you, but I feel for you.

Thank you all so much for you stories and comments and wishes.

It does make it a little easier to know you are not alone. I am yet to speak to my dr, he was away at the time, so it will be interesting to see what he has to say.

I am keen to wait the two cycles recommended and then get going again, just still in the frame of mind that it will all happen all over again, so will try to work through that.

It seems that so many people have a mis and go on, but you hear so so many stories about repeated mis as well, that it's really scary!

Thanks again
    Rachel

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Good luck to you hun. Even after repeated m/c you can still go on to have a healthy bubs, lots of girls here have. I pray that this doesn't happen to you though and you will hold a baby in your arms in the not too distant future

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too had a missed m/c in March of last year after seeing a nice strong heartbeat at 7.5 wks. I think I lost my baby not long after the u/sound.

It is a painful thing to remember that little fluttering on the screen and to wonder how and when it all went wrong.

I hope you find the strength you need to continue on. Good luck!

nikilove Guest

Wink Dont give up

We dont understand why things happen at least I dont. To feel upset, angry, hurt and wondering why is all your thinking about. What could you have done different to prevent it from happening? I blamed myself but its not my fault it just happen. I am very sad about the situation a baby I would never know but love so much. I have faith that God will bless me and everybody else to have a healthy baby that we can love. Please dont look at the situation and think that it wont come a day you will hold your beautiful bundle of joy because you will. God knows our desires Please dont give up.

God Bless everyone

Hugs firsttimer, Im so sorry for your loss.... I had a similar m/c.. i had scan at 7w and 5 d (then found out i was actually 6 w 5d) after brown cm and pains and the heart was beating away, but at 11w 1d i started bleeding after scan i found out my angels heart stopped at around 8 weeks... Its really hard but im taking each day as it comes and i wish you all the best.. Please know we are here if you ever need to talk....

I am so sorry for your loss. Although I haven't had a m/c, I have had a stillbirth and my thoughts are with you. Losing a baby at any stage of pregnancy is devasting. I heard Cooper's heartbeat which was nice and strong and then 2 weeks later during an ultrasound was told there was no heartbeat. I still thought I could feel him move right up to the point when I was told there was no heartbeat. I too was angry at my body for not telling me. Unfortunately some times we have no control over what our body does..........wouldn't it be nice if we did.

Thinking of you, take care of yourself.
    Lynn
    xxxxxxx

awww so very very sorry for your loss. With one of my early pregnancies (before Arden) there was a heartbeat at 7 weeks, 9 weeks than lost at 11 weeks. That was a huge shock as I was so confident than it was going to work out but than the dreaded words came that really rip you apart 'failed pregancy' and/or 'missed abortion'

You've done nothing wrong, no matter how they term it or when it happens, a miscarriage is a painful experience. *hugs*

Look after yourself and when your ready I wish you a successful pregancy next time round.

Default Miscarriage after I heard it at 8 weeks...

This is my first time to this site and it overwhelms to how many many women go through this horrible thing. My name is Amy and I had a miscarriage last week, I went for my first clinic appointment and the dr told me that he couldn't find the heartbeat but not to be concerned cos he's machine sometimes doesn't pick it up so he said lets just be on the safe side and send you for another ultrasound, so that afternoon I was booked in to have the scan but before I could get to it I started to bleed I knew straight away that there was something wrong and my worst fears were confirmed that afternoon but what upsets me the most is that my baby had a strong heartbeat at 8 weeks but died at 10 weeks but i didn't even know until I was 12 weeks, people keep telling me that it wasn't anything I done these things happen and I'm still younger enough to try again and just to focus on the 2 beautiful girls I have, but these words don't change the fact i feel empty and useless...My main concern is if I try again which I would love to is it going to happen again.

Hi Amy
    Welcome to bb, I only wish it was under happier circumstances.
    I don't have any great advice I'm sorry, hopefully someone will pop in who's a little better educated, I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss.
    Take care

Thanks for that, I'm just feeling soo confused, angry and very much empty and have no idea why at 8 weeks my baby had a very strong heartbeat and then at 10 weeks to loose it, it just doesn't seem fair to me. I think what has been helping a little is the fact that I have women who has been through it and they know exactly what I'm feeling and going through, I'm just hoping that when my time comes again that I won't have to go through this again. With my other 2 girls I had no problems at all and never once did it ever cross my mind that I would ever loose them but now it has happen I'm afraid that my next attempt I'm going to be standing on eggs shells for 9 mths until I have a healthy baby in my hands.

It isn't fair and it's an awful shock

I think I did walk on eggshells for 9 months with my next one - but I got her in my arms and now she is 4.

xoxoxo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast