Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MY OB appointment today

tiggy Guest

Dee,
    I have only just caught up with your amazing news.

Congrats on your sticky bub but I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your little twin.

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Deeanne. I just heard your news.

I don't want to say too much because I followed your posts and see that you had a scan yesterday. I'm sooo hoping it's still good news.

In any case, I'm very sorry for your loss. I've read that it's actually very common, and often nobody is even aware that a pregnancy started off as twins.

Thank you girls, your thoughts mean a lot I often think about my little loss twin and he/she will forever be in my heart.

Yvette - Yes my OB said the same thing it`s quite common and as you say lots of women don`t even find out they lost one twin but nowadays with early ultrasounds more and more are being picked up. My 12 week appointment went well thank you, I was so worried as I also got servere gastro last week and had to be hospitalised for 48 hours on IV fluids but somehow through it all my little miracle baby is still hanging on, he/she must be a tough one that`s all I can say, it`s been a tough few weeks but I`m hoping now I can finally relax a little and start to enjoy this pregnancy.

Yaaaaay Dee I'm so glad that miracle baby of yours is still ok.

Debbie Lee Guest

Fantastic, Dee. Good to hear that little miracle bubba is still fighting-fit. I bet the little thing comes out guns-a-blazin' when it's born, LOL. You may not know what has hit you

*Yvette* Guest

Oh Deeanne I'm so happy for you. The gastro must have made you really worried. It's absolutely brilliant news that all is well with this baby.

I can barely imagine the rollercoaster emotional ride you've been having of late. I hope you can now relax & enjoy the rest of the pregnancy too, wrapped in cotton wool though.

There's a book called Having Twins by Elizabeth Noble you might be interested in. There's a section about losing a twin and the emotional impact on both the mother and the surviving twin. Not that you want to be negative or morbid about it, but I think she talks about the value of acknowledging. Just a thought anyway.

Best wishes!

Oh Deeanne....i am soooo happy that everything went well today at your OB's appt.

Take care Leah

Hi Dee

I just found your post and wanted to say that I know how you feel. We conceived twins through IVF but lost one before our 7 week scan. I had brown spotting for about a week before our scan so feared the worst, knowing there was a chance there were twins but not knowing. Anyway when we had our scan you could see one wee heartbeat going flat out but there was also the empty sac, you could still see the foetal pole at 12 weeks too. Its very sad and I think about it everyday but our other wee miracle is my focus at the moment.

Hope everything goes well for the rest of your pregnancy.

XXX

Dee, I am so happy everything is going well your little miracle baby.

Thanks Yvette - I`ll keep a lookout for that book, it`s great that there is a book out there which acknowledges the loss of a twin.

It sure has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions especially these last few days ever since my NT scan on Monday, I think it just all hit me that I should have been seeing two bubs and I`ve just got one but perhaps I`m being selfish and one is more then what I thought I had 7 weeks ago, sorry about the ramble just having a few emotional days about my loss.

NZ Girl - It`s really amazing how many girls there are on BB that have been through this, it`s hard and your emotions are all over the place as you would know.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234