Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappy Making #4

Looking great Sammi! I love the stars too!

Ooh nice napsters there Sammi! Lol, I still haven't done any more work on that butterfly I started at Mels.....I'm such a slack tart (as my mother would say)!

re. nappy flannel at SL, I find it stretches too much for my liking adn whilst I haven't used it just for flats/prefolds, I would think it's a bit thin? I'm comparing it to the flanny flats I got from Myer (?) though, that stuff is super thick. The squares with teh blue line along two edges. Exactly teh same flannels that my mum used on me (which are still alive adn kicking!).

ooo its so cute, did you use a commercial pattern or is it one of your own?

Haha, yep Cat, mum made sure I got the flats with the blue lines too! Think we got ours from Baby Bunting - not cheap though! Reckon the Spotters stuff would be okay for little ones though, due to the more frequent nappy changes - we'll see hey!

I have a question about the star snaps. Would they cause the material to rip easier seems there is a point on it. I just wonder if the material around the points of the star would be weakened each time you pulled the nappy off KWIM??

skittlebub it's made with the Very Baby AIO pattern

ETA FJ I don't think they would rip moreso being star shaped. The edges aren't sharp, they are rounded a bit. Also with round snaps you need to take them off with a certain degree of care or else they will rip the fabric too.

Damn it's DEAD in here!

I'll be a sewin' this weekend Anyone else care to join me?

Would love too... I have a BRAND NEW overlocker and I have NO IDEA how to use it!! LOL I've had it here for a few days and I dare not touch it! LOL

Just jump in & use it Tanya. I had no idea how to use mine either when I started with it. Its pretty simple really.

Ooooooh Tanya Start off by getting some flannelette and make up some wipes! Can't wait to see what you make!

All my fabric is dry that I prewashed last night and Trev is on a mc muffin run ATM (got cravings lol) so I'll be fed up and ready to go

LMAO!! A mcmuffin run!! HAHAHA!! Ok!! I need some thread... I think... LOL... Yu need four of those big rolls right?

HAHAH!! Told yu I had no idea!!

Tan, I'm a total sewing unco, and overlockers are fine! The pain is roughly cutting the shapes of your material! I HATE cutting! Last time I made trifolds (yes, squares, how hard), I got my mum to cut.

Def go some wipes though, flannelette's pretty low-risk.

ETA: Yep Tan, the big ones! If your machine's pre-threaded, just tie the new threads onto the ends and slowly move through. Easy. You might have to undo the knots for the two top needles, shouldn't need to for the bottom ones though! You could even use a different colour for one or both of the bottom threader thingos (very technical language here), to have pretty edging! I have green in one of mine at the moment!

You don't HAVE to have the big rolls. I have a few colours in the big rolls but just use the small ones when I want a different colour.
    Mix n match, makes it pretty.

Nope it isn't threaded... that is the scary part!!

Alright I am gunna get the kids ready and get out to spotlight

Just make sure when you do thread it, that all your tension dials are set to 0. that was my biggest problem. Figuring that one out!

I have just made my first wipes!! Took me all day to get this far!! Very cute material too... Feels like such a waste!! Now what can I make!! LOL

WTG Tanya

I made a bamboo fitted last night!! Very messy, but I did it... I have my sisters sewing machine too so that helped.
    I didn't pull the elestic tight enough for the legs and it was a bit crooked... but it worked.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast