Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappy Making #5

Hi girls, I have been sewing

Today I embroidered two nappy cuts, one for a Christmas nappy that I need to find some red velour for the inner before I can sew it up, and one little blue fox that I have turned into an AIO tonight. I have only ever made one AIO before and I basically copied a Bubblebubs but added extra layers as Austy's Bubblebubs just weren't making the distance for his 2-3hr naps.

This one I drafted myself from scratch and when I put it next to the very baby nappies and fuzzi bunz it looks about right for size so my fingers are crossed that it's not just ornamental Here are the pics:

back

front

inside

I need a bit more practise with the velcro (soooo reliant on my snap press!), and probably didn't need the fold over tabs since I used HTH velcro which doesn't really stick to anything, but just to be safe, and more practice! I did a whole bamboo fleece body layer that the soaker pad is stitched to so it's a tad bulky - not sure if I would switch that for flannel next time, like bubblebubs have (Austy's have been worn to death so the flannel is exposed on a couple ). It's nice and soft though...

That looks fantastic

Looks good jgal! That HTH does stick to other stuff I have found but it tends to be other velcro nappies that can end up really rough looking. I reccon it's the worse for coming off it's laundry tabs. The normal velcro is better for that.

Kel lol that sounds well deserved

Fabo job jgal. I love the embroidery....im so missing bertha atm its not funny but alas at least im getting orgainsed in other departemtns

Mel - I just noticed your sig - I think a huge CONGRATULATIONS! is in order....

why thank you jgal...very early days yet...lotsof knicker checking happening and stuff but fingers crossed this one sticks!!

Very quiet in here lately... is everyone busy sewing? I made bub her first Christmas AIO the other night so I will blog it tonight to give you all something to chat about. I embroidered the bum, this time with a reindeer and used a tute to help me roll the fleece in on the legs - it worked a treat!

**** Bertha is back in the house!!!!! I havent used her yet...she has been my personal bribbery in getting so many much needed to be finished orders done. so one more week and I can play again!!!

I have finally bitten the bullet. I made my very first AIO last night for one of the clothy girls who pg with number 3.....I bought the most gorgeous material from Spotisville last week and I just had to make a newborn out of it. It has ahidden booster on the inside, hidden PUL and a nioce booster to match the nappy.

No wonder you girls love making nappies..**** it is so nioce and fun to do after making covers (boring) for so long. I could so soon get addicted to making these

Im gonna put it up in the gallery....once i find the camera and I'll put up a link

Oh Maz, yay for getting your machine back!!!!! And now, you have so inspired me to get out the machine and get my pockets done... My DH is finally on leave from next week, and I have made him promise to take the baby and give me a some time with my machine to get the nappies made...

jgal - off to find a piccie of yours....

WOO HOO Ruff...I love getting in here...it helps give us all the drive and happiness to sew

I use to be so scared of venturing into making nappies full stop!!! Ithink it was the comfort factor of being able to make covers for so long but OMG I now need to get busy....I hav eos many yummy quilters cottons I can play with

here's some links to my AIO :0 Ive gotta make more but need to get some plain white PUL first

the inside
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...20&ppuser=2375

the front
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...21&ppuser=2375

Maz that it way to cute!!!!! Love it!!! I am scared of doing an AIO... I am sticking to the pockets for now... But give me time and I am sure I will go there... Oh and a snap press too

And Jgal, I had a look at your and it is fantastic too. Love the reindeer.

My little guy has a maz reindeer cover on order for his first chrissy

Ruf - their being sent today so start stalking your courier babe

Only thing about the nappy was that it may wick...wasnt thinking clearly but hey live and learn

looking good maz!!!!

The Christmas nappy looks great jgal!

Maz well done for having a go at an AiO. It looks terrific LOL at Bertha being your incentive.

My back is too sore to sit and sew ATM so I'll live vicariously through you lot

Oh thanks chickies......might have to try a christmas one now but with the overlocking on the inside

looks great Maz!!!

rhyb Guest

Hey this might sound a little nuts but is much sewing ability required for wipes??

nope.

Get your 2 pieces of cloth (I use flanno on one side, terry on the other) and sew them together wrong-side-in leaving a spot to turn them inside out.

Use a straight stitch to join them, and if you don't have an overlocker then use a short zig-zag to go around the edges, to stop fraying.

Turn them right-side out and go around the seam with either something decorative (zigzag) or straight to keep it all in place

good luck!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast