Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #3

WTG Ronan! What great results.

I'm not exactly sure what a halo ring is either?

I don't know if this is similar, but when Joshua was a newborn and didn't have much strength in his neck muscles, we used a tiny horseshoe shaped pillow under his head whenever he was on his back. (Change/play times etc). It held his head and neck in the midline and prevented him from spending too much time on either side, which can result in that "flat" look on the sides of the head.

Hey, im glad everyone is doing well

Anneliese is in hospital, i can write whats wrong with her again, it makes me bawl my eyes out-ther thread is posted in the main NICU premmie area...

Patrick must be tiny jess... Anneliese sits perfectly into bonds 0000's, she was only in 00000's between 3-4weeks old. from 0-3, she was barely in baby born clothes (we actually bought her a teddy bear outfit from pumpkin patch, and it was too big for her-it fitted her at 2 weeks old!!) But she's starting to fit intothe proper outfits-pants and jumpers-that she's got. The hospital weighed her today - 3.34kg. last time she was... (forgotten!!) About 2.8kg if i remember correctly. Thats was about 2 weeks ago. I like having a little bubba... now she's getting huge!! Its funny when people ask "WOW she;s tiny, how old is she (expecting "oh, 2 days old" or something") and they hear "Oh, 8 weeks old." The look of shock is so funny...

Simone, so sorry to hear Anneleise has had to go into hospital, i hope she recovers real soon and you can have her back with you at home. It's like Jess things just keep getting thrown at you, but i think it makes you both so much stronger in the end, she is obviously a strong girl to have been able to leave hospital rather quickly to begin with so hopefully she fights through the broncilitis well too.

tiggy Guest

Hi Girls,
    Just checking in.
    Simone, sorry to hear Annaleise is unwell, hope she gets better soon, I know it's scary.
    Nic, Raca,Jess glad to hear your boys are doing well.
    Hi Trish! Thank you for all you support over the last week.
    Hi Bec, wondering how you and your gorgeous family is.
    I'm so tired. I'm off to sleep in my nice warm bed!

Bec very similar only it's a towel twisted and then made into a ring and taped together.. It is used for the same reason you mentioned because Ronan had an egg head and the sides were dinted in so after using the "ring" for 2 months he has a perfect shaped head and barely ever tilts to the side when sleeping..

Tiggy - Enjoy your sleep darl!

Simone - I know what you mean about people asking about how old they are and being shocked.. It's funny seeing people's faces when i say "He's technically 4 1/2 months old but he's classed as 7 weeks old due to being born 13 weeks early" hehehe

Yep totally know the "How old is he" story! i started to get annoyed by everyone ASSUMING he was a newborn, but in the end just accepted that they don't know, they are trying to be nice/polite by paying attention to my darling boy. But it does get a bit repetitive doesn't it!

Racs- How long are you planning to take off work?

Simone - my thought and prayers are with u and ur family - particularly Anneliese. I really hope she has a speedy recovery and is home and healthy with u all very soon :hugs:

I also know what u girls mean about people being surprised at their age. Ella is 1 in 3 weeks and there are bubs at 5 -6 months much bigger. People are shocked - and it doesn't help that she has hardly any fair hair and only 1 tooth (actually tooth #2 cut through today ). But premmie or not i think she would have been petite - as i am and it's in both mine and DH's family to be tiny. Still it does get disconcerting!

Rae- Are you having a party for little miss Ella?!
    You to Carrie & Bec?
    gee there were a few prems in the same week of August last year wasn't there.

Nic - Not 100% sure but most likely 6 months before i need to worry about looking for part-time work.. How about yourself? i bet your one of the lucky ones that has 12 months off?

All these birthdays coming up!

heh love Ronan's new ticker photo Racs!
    well I've taken 12months maternity leave with my wpork but i really do not want to go back there. i would only want to work a few days and there is no way i could go back to my old position part time, its a full time job so id end up doing something crappy. i wasnt enjoying the last 12months of being there anyway i only didnt resign to keep my options open! will try getting a job closer to home if i have to but my dh runs a business outside of his normal job and am hoping to do some work for that (which will be @ home) & able to get some sort of wage.
    do u have any family here to look after Ronan? thats my prob everyone is in sydney so would need to pay child care which might defeat the purpose of working!

If the job was crappy then no use going back eh? even if it's only 2 days a week you will dread going in on those days.. We do have family to look after Ronan BUT only on weekends so if we wanted to go somewhere etc.. otherwise my family are all in Sydney too! Best thing of all though is that the childcare is just a 2min walk away..

Ronan had his 4th monthly immunisations today and is NOT a happy chappy! poor fella..

Poor little Ronan!

Patrick has been out of sorts all day! He has been whinging and sooking so much, but now he is laying her half asleep smiling!

Hey girls

Tiff...hi! How are you doing? How are Ivy and Noah going? I hope they are doing better now. We are great thanks. Josh is doing well. We went to premmie playgroup on Tuesday and got the thumbs up from the physio, etc. They said he is catching up to his uncorrected age really well. I'm very proud of him!

Simone...I've been keeping little Anneliese in my thoughts. I hope she is resting comfortably tonight.

Nic...it's funny what you said about a few prems being born all in the same week last August - there's actually one more! Louise (kitten2b) who posts in here sometimes had her little girl on the same day that I had Josh, I think she was about 34 weeks. So in the prem forum we'll have Kyla, Ella, Maria & Josh all turning 1 within 6 days of each other! And yep, we are having a small party for Josh. Mostly family and a few friends. Should be fun!

Poor Ronan! Hope he wakes up feeling better tomorrow, Rakka!

Hi to everyone else too!

We've had a lovely day here - we had a picnic lunch in the park. Josh had a great time trying out all the play equipment. (With mum's help! )

tiggy Guest

Hey Bec,
    Yeah, we are ok.
    A week in hospital, with two babies on oxygen, really takes it out of you but we are home and Noah is 100% better. Ivy is still struggling with temps and stuff today but it's so good to be home. i was really scared there for a little while.
    You know, I took them up to the local hospital (and I mean that in the loosest sense) and they sent us away, saying they were fine. When we finally got to the bigger hospital, Noah's sats were 87 and Ivy's 89. No wonder they took a long time to recover.
    Anyhow, now they know us and they know all our history etc so hopefully the next time I take them in (if there has to be a next time) they will listen. As it stands, I was offered a job as I walked out of Kids ward yesterday!!!!
    Noah popped his first tooth while we were in there. The nurses reckoned we might as well add insult to injury. Why not teeth while youre feeling crap! He he, he is pretty proud of himself too, chomped down on his father's unsuspecting finger tonight!

Am very glad to hear that Josh is going so well! I can't believe he is turning one!!!!!

Tiff- glad Ivy & Noah are home and on the mend, that must have been a pretty terrible and stressful week for you all.
    Simone thikning of you and Anneleise.
    i used to like my job, but was there for 7yrs and a lot changed in the yrs, it wasnt the same company it started off to be. I worked in Bayswater, thats over your way Racs isnt it?
    Poor Ronan with his immunisation needles. How many do they get at 4month one? I made DH take Nixon to the 2 month one, he'll have to get his next one soon too.
    Glad u had a nice picnic day Bec it was aweful out my way in melb today. (weather wise) we got a pic storm, peed down then saw big lightening followed by the loudest bag of thunder. Dogs went silly, Nixon didnt even wake.

Tiff - glad Ivy and Noah are doing better. U poor thing - it really must take it out of u. Sending heaps of hugs
    Simone - also thinking of u guys and hoping Anneliese is improving.
    Rac - poor little cherub getting those needles....doesn't it break ur heart - i think it affects me more than Ella when she has hers. Hope Ronan feels better today.
    Jess - same goes for Patrick...hope today's a mcuh more pleasant day for u all.
    Bec - It was lovely to hear about ur pinic lunch in the park..what a wonderful idea. I should aim to get out with Ella soon
    Nic - yeah we're having a party for Ella's big day!!! Just a nice lunch with close fam and friends. Been organising her cake, balloons, pink and purple plates and cutlery, party bags.... We're keeping it pretty simple but it'll have the fun party things. Can't wait!!!

A big hello to anyone i've forgotten - and have a nice day everybody!!!

belmarks Guest

hi girls just popping in again, I've been absent for a while, just busy with my little man.

All is good here except a great big case of whinging and whining and throwing tantrums. My mum seems to think that he's more bossy than other babies because of what happened to him in the NICU, as in he hated what they were doing to him but couldnt object then, and now that he can object, if he doesn't like something or doesn't want to do something, he objects as strongly as he can. Probably out of fear that he's going to have tubes shoved in him somewhere.....

tiggy Guest

Hey Bel!
    Glad to see you back in the threads!
    Was wondering how you and Coby were going.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast