Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #3

Hey everyone, Anneliese is finally home. 2 weeks in hospital, is still having apnoea episodes, i havent slept more than about 1-2 hours in the last week... Have had a couple of DHS visits, courtesy of MIL... asking about my drug and alcohol addictions... (huh, i dont even smoke!!) and the fact my kids are never bathed (once to twice a day, thank you!!) just all bull s**t lies. So not happy. Anneliese is about 3 1/2 kgs now though, still in 0000's, a couple of outfits fit her that are 000's. She's starting to get red hair like her mummy... (my avatar lies about my hair... )

Happy birthday to everyone that celebrated them!!

Hello Strangers!!

sorry i havent been around, we had our business line cut a week and a half ago (because we wernt really using it) but cut the broadband with it, dumb ppl took a week to get us back online then we needed to get an electrican out.... oh ive missed BB
    Let me try and catch up
    Happy Birthday to Kyla/Josh & Ella!!! Im sorry i missed them all but i did remember it was their bdays
    Welcome BeeBee. How old is your bub now?
    Tiff- Well done to Ivy on her first tooth! must look soooo cute! i just cant imagine Nixon with little teeth!
    Racs- So how did mothers group go? did u enjoy it? we had our last one last week and nw its up to us to continue. Im having everyone over my place tomorrow!! hope it goes well
    Simone- try to ignore your MIL, i cannot believe she would say that stuff to you after what u have been through. How is Anneliese going anyway?
    Nixon- going well here. he gets cutier every day! he is always making noises while he is awake laughing, cooing, moaning you name it! little chatter box he is!
    we have decided to get him Christened on the 1st Oct in sydney so just trying to get a list together to send out invites. we will prob go up for a week.

anyway glad to be back, gotta run but will be back on here later to catch up some more!
    hope everyone else & bubs are all well.
    Ciao for now

Hi all!
    Simone - Glad to hear that Anneliese is home, the apnoea's must be scarey and stressful for you, hope you are coping okay, though on so little sleep you must be exhausted! How awful of your MIL during such a stressful time for you!
    Rae- I love the pic of Ella on your ticker, she's getting so big and standing! Wow!
    Nickers- Glad to see you back online! A Christening in Sydney will be great!
    Bec- Glad Josh had a great birthday. New toys are always fun! Kyla is loving hers.
    Tiff- Ouch at the bitey kisses...but cute! Reminds me of that Panadol ad where the bub bites her mums nose - I love it! Let us know ho you go with the Pead.

Had our Pead visit today and he was happy with how Kyla is going and her progress. We got home and Kyla had a 3 hour sleep. When she woke up I picked her up and her clothes were soaked - I though her nappy must have leaked wee...I was wrong...it was poo (diohrea) everywhere! All through her bed, up her back, down her legs, even in her socks!! Not sure if it's teething of a tummy bug, but I hope it goes soon. It's not even that long ago that she had gastro!

Hi to Trish, Trish, Kirsty and all others!

Oh carrie, dont you hate them?? The boys had water diahorrea a few weeks ago, you have to get them as soon as they happen or they go everywhere...

Anneliese farts all day everyday, they smell... Im still breastfeeding, so i suppose thats why they smell-she only poo's once-twice a week. I think she's developed reflux as well, i put her on her side to sleep, as before she went into hospital she was abit spewy (i thought it was just as she wasnt well) but last night i found puke in a line from her mouth, to about a metre to the side of her cot-projectile. So off to the drs... That might be why she's not sleeping at night as well.

Off to the drs for me as well this week, i discovered a lump on the back of my neck. I found it ages ago, but i had tonsilitis and thought it might just be swollen glands, but its still there and a little bigger... fingers crosssed its nothing...

Anyways, hi to everyone

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Thought I would update you all on our visit to the paed.
    He was lovely.
    He listened.
    He agreed that we needed good consistant care.
    He checked the babies from top to toe and decided that he would be keeping a close eye on the pair of them.

Noah is going to be treated as asthmatic. Young, I know but with the strong family history and his very loud wheeze, he decided to err on the side of caution, which I am happy with.
    He was happy with his milestones, happy with his weight.

Ivy has been 'upgraded' if you will to GORD now, so classed as a chronic reflux disease. He has upped the Losec and will monitor how she goes with this. Also has been put on peptijunior, which is cow and soy protein free formula as he feels that she has a strong allergic history. We are going to introduce foods very slowly for her as everytime we start a new food she breaks out in hives which then become eczema.
    He felt the blood was NOT normal in her vomiting but wants to start conservatively.
    Will also treat her as though she has asthma if she starts with a cold and wheeze again.

Dave and I walked away very happy. He was very thorough, asked lots of questions about William, our previous history with asthma, eczema, ear infections etc. He was friendly and LISTENED. What's more is that he undressed the babies, didn't even cringe at the nappy!!!!

We'll see him again in three months BUT if they get sick, if I have worries, if I have questions I can call his rooms and he will return my call. I can bypass the GP and just go directly to him.
    So that is it. Finally feel like we have someone who will work with us, although, we did get all the care we needed from the other docs, it was just that seeing a different doc each time and having a paed who was incontactable was very confusing.

Thanks girls for all you support.

Tiff, YAY!!! on the excellent Paed. appointment. It must feel so much better getting listened to and having everything validated.

Hey tiff, im glad you have a paed who will listen... When Xander kept having lung troubles, i tried telling drs it was asthma, and all they would tell me was "you cant diagnose it so young." What do you know, he's an asthmatic. Grrr...

got anneliese measured up today...
    4.1 KGS!!! 9 lb, finally....
    53cm long, and 37.5 cm head.
    Thats pretty much exactly how big xander was at birth, i couldnt imagine pushing that out!!

Tiff, Glad the Paed listened to you this time and sounds good for Ivy & Noah. I just love ur new pic on your ticker! was that hard to get the shot withouth them both wriggling around?!
    Simone- Yay for Anneliese breaking the 4kg mark! I was so happy when nixon finally went over 4kg, feels like a weight (get it!) off your shoulders and moving to the next step!

Tiff - Fantastic news that the Pead was helpful, what a relief it must be for you to have some continuem of care and someone who listens and take your concerns seriously! I can't believe he undressed them for you...I hate having to undress and dress Kyla at the Pead - she always cracks it when I dress her. AND she HATES the measuring - always screams (we call it 'The Rack'). Ditto at what Nic said - what a cute ticker pic!!

Simone- Go Anneliese, 4kg is great!

Well Kyla did have gastro again - only just started to pick up a bit today. I had booked into the Pinky McKay massage for tonight but had to give it a miss as I thought she wouldn't be up to it What a bummer!

tiggy Guest

Carrie,
    So sorry to hear that little Kyla had gastro again. It's nasty, isn't it? Some days you wonder when it will ever end.

Hi girls

Tiff...I am SO glad that you have finally found someone who will listen to you and give your babies the care that they need. He sounds great. What a relief! How is Ivy going now?

Carrie...poor Kyla with the gastro. When Josh had it, he had a couple of nappies like the one you described. The strip off the clothes, put him in the bath kind of nappies. So horrible for them. I hope she is feeling better again today.

Nic...good to have you back! Nixon sounds so gorgeous. I hope your Mother's Group goes well.

Simone...great stats for Anneliese. How is she going after her big spew the other night? Did you get the lump in your neck checked out? I hope it's all ok.

A big hello to everyone else also!

Josh is doing well. He spends most of his days crawling or standing. He loves to stand against anything that will support him - lounges, tables, chairs, etc and loves to walk along the lounges and coffee tables. I took him to the nurse the other day for his 12 month check up...his 12 months (10 months corrected) stats are:

Weight: 10.2kg
    Length: 77.5cm
    HC: 48.5cm

He's come a long way in a year!

In some other news...a few of you already know, but I am pregnant again! I'm looking forward to giving Josh a little brother or sister and hoping for a nice, LONG pregnancy this time round. Well, fingers crossed anyway!

Bec- yes i read your pregnancy announcement thismorning! Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you, that didnt take very long to conceive again did it! you must be so excited! how are you feeling? any m/s?
    carrie- I hope Kyla is getting back to herself again, gee she not long got over the last bout of it and had it again poor little girl.

Nixon & I went daddys day shopping today along with the rest of Melbourne! thankfully i got what i wanted and wasnt there for too long. i have added some pics on the website when u get a chance to have a look.

Thanks Nic!! Yep, we were really lucky and are both so thrilled. I'm feeling pretty good so far, thanks. Just really, really tired - which is normal for me in the first trimester. No m/s as yet. I didn't have any with Georgia, but I had nausea (without vomiting) for the first 15/16 weeks with Joshua...although for the life of me, I can't remember when it started with him. I'll make the most of it while I don't have any!

I had a look at Nixon's pics. What a little spunk! Very cute!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads! Hope you are all having a lovely day.

Congratulations Bec - what great news!! Hopefully you'll escape the m/s and lets hope that this bub stays put right up til the end hey?
    Great to hear that Josh is doing so well...it's just amazing reaching their 1st birthday and seeing j=just how far they've come from the tiny little dot that they were.

Hi everyone else!

congrats bec, here to hoping you get the FULL 9 months this time...

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,
    It's so quiet in here...

Bec, Congrats again! I can't believe you are going to be a Mummy again already. You know, I am insanely jealous but I hope that you have a lovely pregnancy and that your little one stays put for longer than 32 weeks.
    OMG at Joshy's weight!! Noah is almost 10 kgs already!!!! Trish said he was SO cute!
    You are right - he has come a long way, it's amazing how far they go, isn't it?

Carrie, How are you going? How is little Kyla after having gastro again? I hope you guys are all well now.

Hi Nic!
    Hope you and Nixon are well too. The ticker pic of them in the bath wasn't hard to get but this new one was.

Thanks to everyone who commented on our new paed.
    Am happy to report that since we started Ivy on the prescription formula that I have a mostly happy, settled baby on my hands!!
    I can't believe it. For the last five days she has slept for no less than 1 1/2 hours in her day sleeps and has slept through the night twice!!!!! I don't know what to do with myself.
    She has had a middle ear infection though and the vomiting is still happening but I would have to say it is less.

Noah has cut another two teeth and had a massive croupy asthma type episode last weekend. We went to the hospital where I begged for them not to admit, so we have been managing his prednisone at home, keeping a close eye on things and I have to say, I think he is on the mend.

So that's us.
    Hi to everyone else!! Hope your babies are happy and growing.

tiff, i love that pic...
    they look like real kids now, not babies anymore...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast