Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #4

haha Nope he didnt do it for daddy! He didnt want to be on his tummy once he was home! Oh well he will c it soon enough! He was just happy to hear that he did it anyway!

*Beccy* Guest

Thank you so much to the beautiful, warm women in here that gave me so much information and support in your posts. It is very much appreciated.

I am going ok atm. Had alot of bad pressure & sharp pains again today...so I've been taking it extra easy this afternoon. I am still very scared that I won't be able to make it to the 36wk mark...but after all the fantastic info you gave me, I feel alot less stressed if the event happened in the next few weeks!

Thank you for your concern and I hope all those gorgeous babies continue to thrive and do so well!

Thanks again.
    Beccy

tiggy Guest

Yay Nic!!! What a clever little boy Nixon is!!!!
    Sorry that he didn't do it for daddy though!

Beccy, you are very welcome. I'll keep everything crossed that you make it to 36 weeks.
    Hope to hear all about your beautiful baby soon.

Bec, thanks. I love the photos for this month. Ivy has been SO smiley since she started on the pepti junior. All her tummy pain has gone and she is a much more relaxed baby.
    Noah is always cute. He just turns it on, especially for the ladies!!!
    How is Josh going?

Hi Kirsty How are you going, hun?

Trish, Carrie, Simone, Rae, Racca, kitten2b, how are you and all your little ones?

Anyone heard from Welshgirl yet?

Thanks Tiff,
    actually Nixon rolled for dh thismorning which was nice! dh worked till 2am so when he woke up (i had nixon on the bed just fiunished feeding) Nixon did one for him. Nice thing to wake up to isn't it!
    Beccy- glad your bubs is still staying put. so what happened? did u just start having contractions?
    yes i was thinking of Welshgirl too, i am assuming she would have had bubs by now, hope they r both well.

Hey everyone...

Nic, im coming back on the red eye on oct 1. With 3 kids, yay... *WOOHOO* to Nixon for rolling

Becky, Anneliese was born at 30 weeks due to a uterus infection, she had the steriods when i went into labour at 25 weeks, and i think they worked a treat, as she didnt need anything at birth, she came out screaming!!Needed the humidicrib for a couple of weeks. Breastfed at 31+4w, came home 27 days later, at 34+3w. She's now 15 weeks old (5 weeks corrected) and no probs at all. Most babies do ok once you get over the 30w mark, and you're well over that. I think your bubby should be fine... Every day theyy're in you is a bonus. Sending sticky vibes your way...

Well everyone, I spend saturday night crying, my precious Western Bulldogs got SLAUGHTERED by the Eagles at Subiaco... Luckily Im also an Eagles Fan!! (only partly converted to Doggies for DH!!)

Perth is GORGEOUS, so warm... Makes me kinda sad to come back to melbourne, we never have weather like this!! Normally when i walk out into an overcast and windy day, you expect that cold blast of wind... not here-its WARM!!! OMG i forgot how much i love it here, ill miss it when i go back..

Simone- I am going to sydney tomorrow, coming back on the 2nd.
    Actually yesterday here in Melb is was 30!! but i know what u mean about the weather here....
    we have Nixon's christening on the 1st, hope all goes well.
    Im also meeting up one day with my gf who had a little boy at 32weeks. He is 12weeks old now and from the photos he and Nixon look so alike they could be brothers! my little neice told Nanny she saw Nixon the other day when went to visit her!

*Beccy* Guest

Simone ~ thanks for the great info about your little girl. I am taking it day-by-day and I know that the long he/she stays in there, the better it is. Thankyou

Nickers ~ Yes, I was restless one night and then at 1am the contractions started and were 3 mins apart. The hospital gave me Pethadine to quieten everything and 2 huge shots of Steroids to develop the baby's lungs incase I had to deliver....thankfully, everything has settled down and I have been taking it very easy!

Tiggy ~ thanks again. I promise to try and hold out just a little bit longer. Will see what happens.

Thanks again everyone...take care
    Beccy

Hi there -
    Sorry i've been mia lately - Just been very busy!!
    Tiff - I'm so glad to hear that Ivy is doing much better. I had a look at your piccies and they are so gorgeous!!! I love the outfits and both Ivy and Noah look like they're doing beautifully.
    Nic- You've done so well with the bf. I hope things pan out with it and that you can make a decision that your happy and content with. YAY on Nixon rolling btw!!! Clever little one!
    Beccy - Hi there - glad to see your little one is staying put for the moment!
    Kyla was a 28.6 weeker and is now doing great!
    Hey Simone, Bec, Rae, Racca and Trish!!
    Welshgirl - Hope things are going ok!!

Well things are going well here atm - Kyla's top two teeth are through and one next to the top teeth. She's starting to eat a bit chunkier food and since Sunday has been commando crawling . YAY!!!

tiggy Guest

OMG, does anyone have days where their babies don't sleep??????

I am going insane! Grizzly grizzly tired babies who don't know what's good for them (or me hehe)
    ETA; Carrie! Great to see you in here! Excellent news about Kyla's crawling! How cute.
    Did her teeth give her much grief?

Aw Tiff - Hope they give you a rest soon!!!!! I don't know how you do it with twins - I think you must be an amazon woman!
    Kyla has actually been great with her teeth - no probs at all!!! And I love that she's crawling.

Mac Guest

Default hi

Hi there,

Well after checking this forum out every so often, I've finally decided to go ahead and post something! ...with a little prompting from Rebecca (he he) and even if it is nothing much!

Anyway, Keira was also a premmie (32+3) but is now a healthy one year old.

tiggy Guest

Hi Mac!
    Welcome!
    Congrats on Keira turning one!!!!
    Can you tell us your premmie story, why Keira was born at 32 weeks?
    Hope to get to know you better.

Mac Guest

Call me Cats! Couldn't get that one when I signed up!!!

I still don't know why Keira came early. I had a great pregnancy, kept fit and healthy etc.. I went for my regular Prenatal appointment in the morning and everything was fine, then late morning my waters started breaking (at work!!). When I got to the hospital and hooked up to the FHM, it was recording contractions, although all I could feel was a slight backache - nothing really. I was given drugs to try and stop the contractions and the first steroid drug for baby's lungs. When it was showing no signs of stopping, I was transferred to the larger hospital with NICU facilities.

Labour started just after 4am the following morning and after a straightforward 7 hour labour, Keira was born! She had APGAR scores of 8 & 9 and was 2.685kgs (90 percentile for a 32+3 weeker) so I got off lightly with her coming early!!

She developed a Pneumonia and slight Jaundice a few hours later and was very ill for a couple of weeks. I don't know whether it was due to not being able to get that 2nd steroid injection or something else. She eventually pulled through though and has come on from strength to strength since thankfully!

That's about it!!!

Welcome Cats!!

Well, things are going well with Anneliese, she's finally (tmi warning!!) pooing again, so no need for trips to the paed's... She's a grumpy lil sod though, wont sleep unless she's in mummy's arms She's been a bit snuffley and unsettled, but i've started giving her a supp feed at the night and its helping her settle a little... Im still breastfeeding, which im really happy about

Nic, you did awesome to breastfeed to 5 months, Especially expressing and bottle feeding. I went crazy just doing that the 7 weeks while Anneliese was in hospital!! You're awesome for going that long, be proudof yourself, supermummy...

Hi to everyone else...

Welcome Cats! Wow, Keira had great apgar scores! It must have been a scary few weeks when she had Pneumonia. It's great to hear that she is going well now. She's the same age as my DD Kyla who turned one in Aug (her due date was 7.11.05). How is Keira going with all of her milestones - have you had any issues?
    Simone-
    Hi there! Good to hear that Anneliese is pooing again!! I know the feeling - Kyla always has probs pooing, although she is slightly better now we still give her senakot every few days! It's great that the BF is going well for you!
    Nic- How's things going for you with the BF?

Not much has changed here - Kyla is getting better with the crawling. Otherwise nothing else to report!

Mac Guest

Hi there!

Yes, Keira has met all her milestones and the nurse told me at the 'year old' visit, that she's now just above the average height and weight, so I'm thankful of that! She still isn't crawling yet although she wants to, but loves to stand.

How is Kyla with her milestones?

She is a bit slow with her general motor skills - not commando crawling until recently, but otherwise really good. She's also a bit behind the others in my MG with eating - not eating finger food really yet and only just starting to eat things that have lumps.

We had her final hearing test the other week - all was ok in terms of hearing, but each time we have gone her eardrums have been a bit drawn in, meaning her ears are a bit blocked so that she didn't hear the really high and low freq. sounds.
    It makes me wonder a bit if she might have a milk allergy - as I do and milk makes my ears blocked...hmmmm.
    I love the name Keira btw!

Hey Cats!! (Finally! )

Great to see you posting. You'll love the girls in here - they're a great bunch!

Carrie...that's great news that Kyla is crawling! Good to hear that all is ok with her hearing too.

Tiff...how are things going with you?

Nic...hope you are having a lovely time up our way.

Simone...good to hear that Anneliese is doing better.

Hi to all the other mums & bubs too...

Josh is doing well. He is becoming a lot more independent...crawling off and exploring around the house on his own. He loves to stand and walk along the lounges and tables (and anything that will give him a bit of support!) too. And he has another new trick...dancing! When he hears music, he kneels on the floor and bounces up and down on his bottom. He has a few toys that play music and he loves to push the buttons to make them play and dances when the music starts. It's very cute!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast