Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #7

Hi everyone,

My son was born at 33 and a half weeks at 2110grams. He is 4 now and still is my special little man. He weighs in at just under 15kg. He spent 2 weeks in a NICU at Neapen hospital and 1 week in a SCN in Dubbo. Since then has come along in leaps and bowns. Its hard to tell he was premie. He is a tad smaller than other kids his age but nothing that stands out dramatically.

tiggy Guest

Hey Bec,
    Thanks for thinking of me. I was doing alot of thinking about you too, was even talking to my MIL about you today, you must have gotten the vibes and just HAD to pop in! Glad that everything is going well. Fingers crossed that everything keeps going well and your gorgeous one comes into the world well and on time.
    Ivy is still stepping but only two at a time, Noah is up to four steps today! Once he saw Ivy go, he just took off but he needs encouragement and open arms!

They both had their hearing tests today and all appears to be well, even with Ivy, so that is good news for us.

We met up with Castle this afternoon. It was lovely and Gemma is so cute and her boys are so good looking. I was really nervous but Castle was just so nice! (Hi Castle)

Anyway, Bec, I hope, if everything stays well for you that you will be popping in more now!! Talk soon. My email is [email protected] if you want to chat!

tiggy Guest

Hi spunkymonkies!
    Welcome to Bellybelly. Wow, that your little man is 4 now. You have a wealth of experience to share with all of us. Hope to get to know you better.

wow bec thats a milestone to get to, i think i'll be a bit nervous the day i reach 33w3d
    Has the pregnancy gone quick for you because you already have Josh?
    Glad you are well and hope the scan goes great on Saturday and bub continues baking all the way to the end for you!

Hi again.

Thanks for the welcome. We have been pretty lucky with our son, he hasn't showed many signs of being premie until now he is in preschool and getting ready for school next year. His teachers have picked up on some learning issues and he has to have speach therapy . He is due to start school next year as he turns 5 in December. But if we feel he is not ready we will be holding him back. If he was born when he was due he wouldn't be going to school until 2009 so we will be keeping a close eye on the situation.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hi spunkiemonkies - your son made wonderful progress by the sounds of it.

wtg Noah and Ivy on the walking - one step at a time, soon your will be running your mummy around in marathons

Tiff- glad their hearing tests came up okay what a relief !

Bec - hope this precious one is cosy and well - hope scan is showing perfect growth and blood flows.

Nic- how is the nausea ? yay for Nixon's crawling

Carrie - how is your cycle going ? keep on going Kyla

Raven - wonderful news on Willow's progress too -not long before she will be off and you chasing her.

my guys are still clocking around the floor , Joel is up rocking on all fours but going nowhere except backwards and stuff under the chairs.Both sit well with cushions behind because in their playful excitement they thorw themselves backwards.They stretch and reach, rock and roll too.

Hi spunkymonkies--don't have any second thoughts about holding your son back if you want to. You will find that that has become so popular, even when there have been no issues with prematurity or learning. It's especially popular for boys. I agree, it sounds like he's made great progress!
    Tiff, it was fun meeting you & seeing the bambini in person! The 9 kids had such a great time together.
    Bec, I hope the scan goes well and that you can simply enjoy having another look at your beautiful baby.
    I love hearing about all the clockers & crawlers.

Hi Bec – That’s fantastic that you’ve passed “D-day”!! I really hope that things proceed well and you get your full termer. It sounds like they are keeping a close eye on you!
    Things are going well here. Yep, I’m still on the injections and having another scan on Monday so will be doing them til at least then. If all goes well, hopefully egg pickup will be Wednesday. Thanks for the positive vibes!! I’ll send them your way too!
    Kyla is doing well, standing lots, but still no sign of standing unsupported or walking. But I suppose she’ll get there all in good time. Hopefully the orthotics will help when she gets them.
    Hope Josh is doing good too, and goodluck with the ultrasound on Sat. I hope you’ll pop in and let us know how you go.

Tiff- It’s so exciting that Ivy and Noah are walking now! And great that their hearing tests went well. Glad to hear that you and Castle could get together – you two are so lucky!

Hi Spunkymonkies and welcome! Your little boy sounds like he is doing so well. I look forward to chatting to you more.

Trish- Glad to hear you are doing well and that Sam and Joel are managing to get around. Do they play together at all?

Hi Castle, Nic and everyone else, hope that everything is going well!

Hi premmie mums!
    Just checking in quickly...school holidays begin tomorrow & I won't be on the computer for a bit. Gemma is continuing to thrill us. She is now pulling herself across the floor--not truly crawling, although she does get up & rock, but she's quite mobile! Blast, & I was hoping this would be a couple of weeks away! With DS no 3 I had about 3 weeks of a blissful time when he sat on a blanket & played with toys, before he could crawl. She is not sitting, & my guess is she'll sit & crawl at much the same time.

Tiff, I hope little grommet girl Ivy has a great recovery.

I hope everyone is well and that all the beautiful babies are continuing to delight their families. Happy Easter!

Hi Castle - it's been quiet in here recently!!
    Hope you have a great Easter too. Gemma sounds like she'll be off crawling in no time!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

tiggy Guest

Just popping on quickly to wish Nixon the happiest of 1st birhtdays!!!
    Happy birthing day Nic. Hope you had a lovely day and made many happy memories!!!!

Hello!
    Thanks Tiff. we had a great day today.
    nixon had fun playing with his pressies thismorning, esp on his new trike! we took him around the block on it he thinks its fantastic.
    We went and had our ultrasound but Nix got a bit grumpy by the time we got in there (had to wait 45min) so DH missed half the ultrasound cause he had to take Nixon out.
    We returned to the hospital for the first time today. It was really good to go back there, i think i cried all my tears out over the last 5 days so today was more moving on and relecting back.
    Nixon got it a good old mess this arvo with some bday cake. i will try and upload pics soon.
    we are off to sydney tomorrow for a week, have his party on Saturday and then a wedding next week.

How is everyone else and kiddies going?
    Carrie- HUGE congratulations mate that is awesome news! how have you been feeling?

tiggy Guest

Glad to hear Nic!!!
    Yeah Carrie, CONGRATS all round here too!!!!
    We are going well. We gave up baby group at the end of term, so are still feeling a little lost atm over this. Not sure what to do next.
    Ivy is so very ill at the moment but Noah is going great guns! He is such a funny little guy! A friend brought a second hand ride in car (blue plastic thing) He absolutely loved it and would not give it up for anyone today. It has a rope tied to the front of it so the girls can pull him around. He was sitting in it going 'brooom! brooom!' When the girls were sick of pulling him, they plonked him in front of the tele and he sat perched in his 'car-car' for over an hour!!!! He never sits still that long. Guess he just loves the car.

HI all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIXON! And happy birthing day to you Nic!!
    Congratulations on passing the 12 week mark Nic! Bummer that Trent missed half of the ultrasound (maybe Nixon is already jelous of bubby getting attention LOL).

Tiff- How cute with Noah and his car, I can just imagine him!!! I hope Ivy is better soon, the poor little one, she is always in the wars! Are they both walking now?

Thanks Tiff and Nic for your congratulations. Things are going well, I'm already starting to get tired in the afternoons and have been hotter than usual and thirsty, which are all good signs. We have the first ultrasound on 2.5.07, but DH might miss out as he's off to HongKong for 2 weeks to work
    Kyla is doing well, she's repeating everthing we say atm, very cute! We have been having some discipline problems though as she has been really testing out the boundaries!! I suppose she is nearing the terrible 2s!!! She is still not walking, but walks around on her knees and stands up with furniture and stands on her tippy toes which I suppose would be strengthening her ankles and arches. We haven't yet got the orthothics, I don't know how long they'll take.
    I'm glad to hear from you both - It's been so quiet in here. Which is probably a good thing - it must mean everyone's doing good!

tiggy Guest

Hi Carrie,

No. Noah thinks he can walk but he actually only takes a few shuffles forwards and then dives into the first person he can or onto a cushion if there are no humans or dogs to soften the blow. Ivy walks everywhere. It's so cute to watch, although she hasn't done much walking at all today, just clinging. Noah is also having some biting issues atm. I've never had this with any of the girls, it's new territory for me. He is getting better though and HATES time out!!!

Yeah - that's what I have to do with Kyla (time out). NOTHING else works!! The only thing that I can do to get through to her is to put her in the bathroom for 30 sec with the door shut. I feel so mean, but she needs to learn when she is doing something wrong. I don't want to smack, telling her 'no' or 'stop' does nothing (she keeps doing it with a cheaky look on her face, putting her in her bedroom didn't work (she enjoyed that!) so the bathroom is it. Do I sound mean???

tiggy Guest

No, not at all. You sound like a great Mum, want to adopt me? LOL!
    Seriously though, I put Noah in a corner and I have to hold him there for 30 secs. He HATES it but, like Kyla, Noah just laughs at NO ; thinks it's a game!!!

How on earth do you get him to stay in the corner?????
    How's Ivy doing btw?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast