Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Premmie Mums #7

Hi Kris and welcome!
    My DD Gemma was also born at 33 weeks, weighing 1800g, & is now 9 months old. Her birth was a c/sec planned at very short notice. I've also had an abruption, with DD Sophie, unfortunately too early for her survival. Many of us have had scary histories, so you're not alone .
    How is Chad going now & has he gained weight well? Several mums have commented on the disappointing weight gain until about 6 months, when they started solids. Are you having any paed follow-up?

tiggy Guest

Hi Kris! Welcome to our little group!!!

It must have been a scary time for you when Chad was born. THe girls here are all really lovely with prems old and new.
    Looking forward to chatting with you and hearing all about Chad's brags!

luvmyboyz Guest

Hi Castle & Tiggy,
    Thank you for the welcome. It was a pretty scary time with Chad but he is doing great now. I had him weighed this morning and he is 7.7 kg (6 months today). He is not doing everything his 6 month old mates are doing but he is progressing well.

I feel like a fraud being part of a premmie forum as I have been through nothing in comparison to most of you. I was lucky enough to be able to take Chad home straight away & didnt have to endure the SCBU rollercoaster ride. I was in hospital for a fortnight before his arrival & had a series of steriod injections which I am so grateful for.

Castle, i am so sorry for the loss of Sophie & all the other mums & angels.

Hi Luv My Boyz...

My Daughter Alexa was born @ 32 weeks & was 1660g (3lb 11oz), we spent about 6 1/2 weeks in hospital & although it was a hard time, I met some amazing ppl in there..

The girls in here are awesome & are great to talk to...

Alexa is almost 15 months & in some aspects is ahead of her cousin (born 6 days after her & 10 days early) and in others she is behind.... but all in all we are about average i think LOL...

I am so glad you were able to take your wee man home straight away he was a great weight!!!

hi luv my boyz.
    my son was also born at 33weeks and 2.3kg at birth! he turned 1 last month and is going really well development wise. He spent 4 weeks in hospital and would you beleive came home exactly 1 year ago today! This time last year he was having his first nap in his new home.

Nixon has a middle ear infection in 1 ear atm. Tiff you must know all about these. he seems to be quiet well considering and he also has a slight cold AND conjunctivitis in one eye.
    Other then that though he is crawling faster and faster and has started to let go when standing up, he can balance for 5-10sec when he doesn't realise!

i hope everyone is going well and Ivy is on the mend Tiff.
    Carrie how's the pg going?

luvmyboyz Guest

Thats amazing Nic, Chad was 33.3 weeks like Nixon & 48 cm long. Very impressive. Hope he is feeling better with his ear infection.

Mitch, Alexa must have been tiny. I know alot are smaller but I can imagine anyone smaler than Chad was. I think your right though, they do even out over time. They seem so behind for the first couple of months but by the time they are a year they seem to have caught up.

helena36 Guest

Hello havn't posted in here for a while, too much going on at home. Life is progressing smoothly and for those that don't remember me I am fairly new and have a 14mnth old(11mnths corrected) so she was born at 25w/6d at 1lb 1oz or 535g. she is nearly walking! My paed says developmentally she is more to her chronological age how is that possible for such a tiny person? Ava is still only just 7kg but 75cm long eats like a horse mind you! anyway just a refresher and i hope to see more posts in here soon
    take care Helena mum to Ava and Emily 10

Hi Helena,
    Great to hear that Ava is doing so well! What a lucky mum you are. My dd Gemma is also going very well...crawling & pulling up all the time. This activity has really helped her sleep patterns .
    I also have a 10 year old. It's nice to see other people with various gaps between their children. Most of my friends have children the age of my older ones. I'm the odd one out with babies.

tiggy Guest

Hi Helena!
    Welcome! Good to hear that Ava is doing well.

Castle. I hear you on the odd one out thing. All my friends (aside from you and Babyamore) have well and truly finished their families. They look at me with pity when they see me with al the kids. Not that I feel that way at all. I love having them, at whatever age and stage.

sweet-bear Guest

Smile

hi just wondering aswell if i could join your thread??? Charlie was born at 31 weeks due to a 22mm tear in my placenta that had gotten infected, he was born weighing 2.0kg and spent 4 weeks in nicu we had a really hard time getting him of the vent and cpap and another 6 weeks in special care and childrens ward , he is now 14months and fearless but he suffers from central brain sleep apnea. we are trying to have another aswell,
    i to look forward to getting to know everyone

Welcome Kate! It sounds like Charlie is going really well after a rough start. What are you doing for the sleep apnea?
    Gemma was born at 33 weeks & weighed 1800 g. We were very lucky because she did well from the beginning & was sent home after only 2 weeks. However, then it was welcome to 3 months of trying to get her to b/feed properly! All of that is behind us now & she is crawling everywhere.
    I think you'll enjoy being part of the group.

sweet-bear Guest

thanks for the welcome
    we are trying to get him into new :doctor: 's at the moment, the ones that we have been seeing are just going around and around with what they are saying we can never get a straight answer from them.
    apart from that he is a very happy and fearless little man that is tying so hard to walk and talk at the moment, he gets really up set when he can't do what he want's to do.
    charlie never really got to b'feed i think all he got was 2 weeks worth there was something about me that was making him sick, but he is a big boobies little man now every female that holds him he has to check them out its the thing i have ever seen this 14 month old checking out chicks boobs, and he even says boobies when he does it, i think that i can blame his dad and granddad for that one

luvmyboys- how funny that our boys were the same gestation weight and length! They were both good sizes and lengths for the time they were born wernt they

Hi sweet-bear and welcome. charlie also sounds like he was a good weight for his age. LOL at saying boobies! good luck with TTC baby 2 also!

Nixon has a cousin born 4 days after him but she was FT, Nixon has always been behind her in the milestones, used to be a lot smaller then her but he caught up and they are about the same size now

i hope everyone is well

Hi all and welcome to everyone who has just joined the thread.
    Kate- Charlie sounds gorgeous, my little girl Kyla has also learnt the word boobies and thinks they are quite funny! Good luck in ttc #2!
    Helena- Great to hear that Ave is doing so well!
    Luvmyboyz- Welcome to you also!

Hi everyone else!
    Nic- Hope that Nix is better now and that the ear infection has gone, poor bubba. I'm doing well, just so so so tired all the time and always thirsty, but the nausia seems to have gone. I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow!! How is your bump going?
    Tiff- Hope you are well and that Noah and Ivy are too!

*****************MAJOR BRAG ALERT*************************
    Kyla walked for the first time last week!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! not only did she walk but she took about 12 steps. If you want to see a cute video of her first steps go to my site - it's sharkeyfamily with a dot net.
    YAY KYLA MY SMART GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiggy Guest

OMG CONGRATS Carrie!!!! that is the best news!!!!! I bet you are P. R. O. U. D!
    Brag away.

Will come back and post later about the terrible two.

Hey Tiff- yep i'm very proud!!! So was Kyla!
    Looking forward to hearing how your gorgeous two are.

helena36 Guest

hi all just a quick post to let you know that Ava had her eye appt for retinopathy and passed with flying colours again. No more eye docs for a year. We have the 12 mnth corr checkup soon and I am confident things are O.k. Ava pushed her walker across the room today and is really keen to walkthis means she will be walking hopefully before her corrected date on the 9th of june. Everybody's babes sound as if they are going great guns. i never thought i would be so happy to share Ava's milestones with other mums becos of all the trauma we have endured in the last year, but... you guys are absolutely , fantastically positive and supportive so thankyou all for encouraging me to keep posting.

Helena mum to emily 10
    Ava born 3/3/06 25 weekes and 6days due to P-E and HELLP
    1lb 1oz or 535g length- 31cm, h-c- 20.5cm
    now 14mnths 11 corr 7.0kg, 73cm- length, head- 41cm

Wasy to go Kyla!! brag away Carrie thats great news!\
    Helena, glad to hear that Ava's eye appoint went so well and no more eye check ups for another year yay!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast