Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ClearBlue Fertility Monitor

Default ClearBlue Fertility Monitor

Has anyone used this? I'm considering buying one (from the USA - as it doesn't seem to be available here in Australia) - I've read so many great reviews, which helps in my hope - just wondering if anyone has heard of them being sold in Australia?, and has anyone here had any success with them?

'ng it will work for us

i can't answer your question on using one, but i have just bought one for myself on ebay and am waiting for it now, im hoping it will help. will do anything or buy anything at the moment..

I have just ordered one from the US. I am hopeless at determining O day and I want to try and gender sway so I am hoping this will help. Has anyone else used one?

Default clear blue

I recieved my monitor and it works like a charm very happy with it... I know it is working as i had and ulta sound and the doctor asked when i thought I was O, i had been using the monitor for 2 mths and new that it would be in 4 days and the Doctor confirmed that time period...

That's great hugnkiss. I can't wait to get mine. Can you tell the exact time of the day or just the day? I might be asking too much from the machine but it would be fantastic if you knew approx which part of the day O happened.

Default Clearblue

Hi Lukesmum

It doesn't really work that way.. It tells you the days you at a high fertility and peak fertility. I however am not pregnant as i have just found out that i may have endometrios, but as i had an ultra sound around O i know the fertility monitor is right... I also have other signs that i have now recoginise becasue of the monitor, like i get major pain in my side around O. Our IVF doctor said that we should have as much "fun" around that time so i guess it doesn't matter what time of day you O as long as you have the "fun stuff" waiting. The thing I loved about the monitor is that you don't have to work out if there is 2 lines it tells you unlike the ovulation sticks it takes away the frustration... I also used a maybe Baby at the same time as the monitor just to see if it works and it was on the money as well (in sinc with the monitor). Good luck

Hi hugnkiss,

Just wondering which user on ebay you bought the monitor from and how much (conversion as well?). Very tempted to buy it but am unsure of its reliabilty and because of its cost...any help would be appreciated!

TTC for too long!

Quote Originally Posted by seashell View Post
    Hi hugnkiss,

Just wondering which user on ebay you bought the monitor from and how much (conversion as well?). Very tempted to buy it but am unsure of its reliabilty and because of its cost...any help would be appreciated!

TTC for too long!
    I think i paid about $185 aust. I found it very reliable i didn't fall pregnant but that wasn't becasue of the monitor my problem. I know it worked as i had an altra-sound and the nurse told me that i was about to O and that was what the machine said..
    Good luck
    amanda

Quote Originally Posted by hugnkiss View Post
    I think i paid about $185 aust. I found it very reliable i didn't fall pregnant but that wasn't becasue of the monitor my problem. I know it worked as i had an altra-sound and the nurse told me that i was about to O and that was what the machine said..
    Good luck
    amanda
    Thanks for the info, I know now around how much I will have to pay...I'm going to try the stick ones you can buy here first and if I can't get those to work will move onto the digital one!

Cammish Guest

Default Roose vironmental

Hi, ladies,

Just wondering whether anyone is/has been using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and how you're all going with it?

I recently bought one and am now 6DPO on my first cycle of using it. Loving it so far!

Hi Cammish,

I have still not bought one, however I'm seriously contemplating it now...its just a lot of money to part with and I'm an inexperienced ebay user. Did you buy yours from ebay, if so off which user and what price?...I'm keen to buy off the same user that someone else has so I know it actually will arrive in Australia.

Cammish Guest

Hi, Seashell,

I actually bought the monitor and test sticks off two different Ebay sellers (ie sellers who have online stores on Ebay, not private sellers) from the UK. I can email or PM you the actual seller links if you like, but they arrived within a day of each other and only about 5 working days after purchase, which I thought was really good. Both used International Registered airmail via Royal Mail which, if they give you the tracking number, allows you to actually partially track your items via the Royal Mail website, which I found good, too. Both sellers were really nice, one communicated better than the other, but I got exactly what I ordered and quickly, so no complaints at all. I paid about $125 AUD for the monitor and the sticks were about $81 for 5mths supply of the sticks (60 sticks but I've used 20 in the first cycle, which is normal) - I bought both at the "Buy it Now" price, so didn't bid as such, but from watching other auctions I actually got the items cheaper this way than if I'd bid through an individual seller.

It was an expensive purchase, yes, but I'd 'invested' in the Maybebaby which turned out to be worse than useless for me because I had ferning EVERY single day, and I didn't have very clear results with interpreting OPKs (was never sure if that second line was dark 'enough'), so the idea of a single product which would measure both estrogen and LH levels and take all the guess-work out of it for me sounded just the ticket, and it has worked brilliantly so far. I did the sums, too, and it's not that much more expensive than buying OPKs every month, so I figured it was worth it. I started charting my temperature a week or so before the start of my current cycle and so from that I have been able to tell that I ovulated bang on the day that the Monitor predicted I would. I got two clear 'peak' days (very cool to see those!) with a couple of high fertility days before and one after and now I'm 7DPO and waiting! It has also confirmed that I ovulate around day 17 in my cycle, too, which I've found very helpful.

Happy to send you the links as I said and though I'm a pretty new Ebayer myself, am happy to share what experience I have with you, too. Best of luck!!

Hi Cammish,

Thanks for the info, very helpful. I too have tried the maybe baby and was less than impressed with the results. And the ovulation sticks are too hard to work out if the line is actually dark enough. If you could PM me the ebay sellers ids that would be great, but you've given me great advice already. Thankyou.

Good luck and fingers crossed that it works for you. Let me know how you go and I'll do the same, once I've purchased one.

Seashell.

Cammish Guest

Hi, seashell,

No probs, happy to share success stories (fingers crossed!) with you! I've just sent you a friend request, since I can't find any other way I can PM you - but I'm pretty new to this site so happy to receive advice on how to do it properly!

Take care.

Hi Cammish,

Have emailed the forum administrators to find out how to PM but have not heard back...you have given me enough info to go off though already and have been watching ebay carefully. Has the monitor worked for you yet?

Cammish Guest

Hi, Seashell,

I asked on a different topic how to PM and apparently I can't PM you until I've submitted 50 posts on the site and become a member! Sorry about that.

It's not a big deal, I suppose, I just didn't want to 'advertise' a particular ebay seller over another. I found the stores I purchased through just by searching for Clearblue fertility monitor and I purchased through the stores who were offering the most reasonable price and best shipping option at the time. I bought my monitor through a seller store called RIs Fragrances & Cosmetics and the sticks through one called Pharmacy Link, both from the UK.

Both stores sent the items promptly and they arrived exactly as described, and I would not hesitate to recommend both, but I personally found that Pharmacy Link communicated better with me - I got email updates at every step and they automatically gave me the Royal Mail tracking number for my purchase so I could track to dispatch from the UK for Australia myself.

One thing to note, though you've probably already found this out yourself - Clearblue seems to sell the sticks in packs of 30 in the US but only 20 in the UK. The overall price works out to be pretty much the same 'per stick' with the exchange rate, but something to consider, anyhow.

Unfortunately my first month using the monitor hasn't resulted in a BFP but I'm not deterred It gave me such peace of mind knowing exactly what was happening in my body and being able to match those results up exactly with my other fertility signs (BBT spike after O and CM during fertile period). The 'guesswork' was what was getting me down most, since I've not long come off the pill and actually had an early m/c my first cycle TTC, so in the end it has given me reassurance that my cycle seems to be normal again and that I definitely ovulated the cycle just gone.

Best of luck either way, whether you buy yourself a monitor or not!

Default clear blue digital ovulation kits

Hi,
    I haven't posted before but I noticed a discussion about the clearblue fertility monitor. Ive used the clearblue digital ovulation predictor kit which is readily available in pharmacies in Australia and doesn't cost as much. I'd been trying to get pregnant for a few months then fell pregnant on the second try using the kit. It was really easy to use and cheaper than the monitor. I figured as long as you did the BD every few days leading up to ovulation and then went for it when you got the smiley face (meaning it had detected your LH surge) and ovulation was 24 hour to 36 hours away, it should work out ok and it seemed to!! Hope this helps!
    Tilda (well actually my name is Kate - but I want to name my first girl Tilda ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilda View Post
    Hi,
    I haven't posted before but I noticed a discussion about the clearblue fertility monitor. Ive used the clearblue digital ovulation predictor kit which is readily available in pharmacies in Australia and doesn't cost as much. I'd been trying to get pregnant for a few months then fell pregnant on the second try using the kit. It was really easy to use and cheaper than the monitor. I figured as long as you did the BD every few days leading up to ovulation and then went for it when you got the smiley face (meaning it had detected your LH surge) and ovulation was 24 hour to 36 hours away, it should work out ok and it seemed to!! Hope this helps!
    Tilda (well actually my name is Kate - but I want to name my first girl Tilda ).
    Tilda can I ask are the digital ovulation pretictor's easier than the normal OPK's I am finding the a little difficult to read Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast