Thread: Faint lines on OPK's

Default Faint lines on OPK's

I have been ttc for about 6 months and I have been using OPK for the last 4 and they ALWAYS give only a faint test line - even when I've been testing 3 times a day (close to when I know I'll be ovulating). Everyone says a faint OPK is negative - but what if thats all you ever get? Whats going on? I have a regular cycle 24-27 days on average with luteal phase around 13 days. I've had blood tests that definitely show I'm ovulating so why the faint line??

Any answers would be much appreciated.

From what I understand with OPK's you need to test later in the day as that is when the body releases the hormones. I don't have any instructions in front of me but I remember something written to that effect. I'm sure 8pm was noted as an optimum time. I used them for a couple of cycles and never got a truly dark line but it did get darker over 3 days IYKWIM.

Testing three times a day would be unnecessary as well as expensive. Hold off and do one test later and then BD as required

Also what other methods are you doing? Temperature charting and CM observations can help to pinpoint what is going on if you're unsure.

thanks Sammi-J . I have been temp charting for a while now - but sometimes I find it a bit frustrating as I'm a 'mouth breather' and I have to keep the thermometer in my mouth for a while to get a reading, I also check my cm but I probably havent been paying as much attention to that. I also chart with FF but I think I am doing so many things that its confusing me. I might stick to OPK's and cm monitoring (at least for one month and see how I go).