Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: opks as hpts?

Fire Fly Guest

Tracey i saw you in pg ann and thought oh my god she has finally done it. Sensational !

Debbie Lee Guest

It's amazing how it works, hey Trace?

Tacey - Congrats on the BFP, how excited you must be! YAY!

Well I tried another opk this morning and the line is much darker now, not as dark as the 1st line but still darker!
    So I'm feeling more hopeful now. More than likely test early next week so will keep you all posted:-)
    I think I mentioned that I used these last preg too and it showed only a faint - hcg levels too low:-( M/C. soon after.
    Hmmm, could I be again???

Fire Fly Guest

Sounds to me like you are. Good luck.

just wanted to let you all know that this worked for me but AF was due today and this morning i did a hpt and it was ++ so i thought i would do an opk and see what happened and it came up ++ too so it worked for me although i tested with an opk at about 10DPO and i only had the faintest ever line. so for me it only really worked when i was due for AF if that makes sense lol

Hindonly- things are sounding very good for you!!

Congrats Renee I'm so very happy for you. How exciting. I can only hope that I'll be joining you soon in this kind of celebration!! YAY for you and DH!! :-)

Thanks Hindonly! Im sure you will be joining in the celebrations!! I will keep an eye for for your announcment

Kisa Guest

I got all excited after reading this thread and tested with FMU today with an OPK at 7 dpo. I didn't get a second line!
    I'm really disappointed.
    If I was pregnant would a second line on an OPK show up by now? Is there still hope?

Kisa - Maybe give it a couple of more days then try again...fingers X'ed for you.My line is gradually getting darker, but Im too scared to test yet. Wait til Thursday maybe!

Kisa, I done an OPK at 6 and 8dpo and both come back negative. Today at 12dpo I done a HPT and got a ++ so dont give up hope just yet.
    Last edited by July Mum; November 28th, 2006 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Wrong number dpo

hullo everyone, I am stil POAS because I don't know if I O'd, I think I did lol, but anyway my OPKs still show 2 lines, being a negative OPK result, but could mean good things... will keep you posted

About 10 mins ago I decided to use a opk as a hpt (since I have a few left over) and I got 2 lines (the test line was fainter than the control line, but it is definitely there, and came up after 2 mins) , I am kind of excited but not getting my hopes up, will probably do another in the morning and see what happens

Hi! Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth...I did an OPK when I was 9 DPO and got a very faint second line...the next day I did a HPT and got a very faint BFP! So I definitely think there is some truth to the OPT predicting HPTs! I wouldn't lose hope though if those lines aren't coming up at the same times as we are all different and hence some of our bodies might take a little longer to produce hcg

Hi Ladies- well Im not sure what to make of the opks as hpts now! I've been getting 2 lines too but yesterday af visited and just for the sake of it I tried another! Yep still 2 lines. What the * ! Should be only 1 line now surely! V. confused now.

Oh hind - test with a hpt to be sure! Im hoping you only had a little implant bleed

Fletch - No, I dont always have a 2nd line which is why I use them for ovulation.

But I've just tried again today and no line. Do you think another early, early m/c?
    Maybe its good I'll never know for sure.

Dont think I'll be using them again as early hpts anymore.

Kisa Guest

Well, I just wanted to add my experience.
    I got a definite this morning! at 13dpo.
    But I tried an OPK (same brand as the pregnancy test) and got no second line at all!
    So if the OPK's aren't working for you, don't give up hope!

YAY congats Kisa!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast