Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Goldcoast Playgroups #4

Gold Coast QLD moved here 2 years ago from Ireland

Hi gill do you not like dora the explorer?What are your feelings?

Hi All
    Sorry I missed the meet yesterday...had let the house go big time over the past week and spent all of yesterday cleaning it whilst Hailey was in daycare....I know, I know, pathetic excuse, but its so nice having a clean house again
    Annie - have a great holiday in US. Do you have family over there? We have a friend in San Fran. Since moving over there (like 8yrs ago)he thinks life is all backwards in OZ

Hmmmm, all this talk about cake is making me hungry.
    Anyone going to the Play School Concert at Mermaid Beach on the 25th? I'm thinking I might try and go and take Hailey to daycare late that day (is a Friday).
    Anyway, have a great weekend everyone. We had hoped to go to the Blues on Broadbeach tomorrow but didn't realise all the kiddies activites were today
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmumma View Post
    Bridget- all night i've been trying to figure were i recognise you from, its driving me nuts.
    I was thinking the same thing on Friday. I wasn't sure if I was imagining it!

You're a bit older than me, so I don't know if it was from school. (I went to Robina, then Merrimac).

Where did you work before having Eden?

Bridget- i went to school in Canberra... was a S*** kicking painter and decorator on building sites before Eden, also did some work as a electrical draftsman...
    Bernie- Dora freaks me out!!!! lots of childrens crazes do- dont even get me started on the telly tubbies!!!!!!

Gold Coast QLD moved here 2 years ago from Ireland

Gill we all have had our crazes when we were young mine was cabbage patch dolls and my little pony hated barbie hehe
    I cant understand why babies like the telley tubbies??

CatherineL Guest

LMAO - you guys were spoilt.. i never had any girl toys! My parent's said toys were for little kids.. even though we were little kids... tight @$$es!

Hmmm, no idea then Gill. Let me know if it comes to you! lol

I loved cabbage patch dolls & my little pony!

I don't get boys and wrestling these days! All my nephews love it!!!

yes but Dora is always so smiley and la la la and she's huge, like a giant little girl!!!!
    hmmm... i liked.... i'm just trying to think?? i think i was too sporty to ever sit still to play with stuff...
    I did have a my little pony cake i remember that??
    But yeh, i was told to go outside and play a lot, or mum would try and get me to knit or sew or some crap like that. Which is why to this day i have a craft phobia!!!
    Last edited by Edensmumma; May 19th, 2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling booboo

CatherineL Guest

PMSL Gill.. that's funny! The only toy i remember having was a dirt bike... I remember when my brother and i very first got them, i saw my brother do it and it looked easy... i say on it and pulled back on throttle too hard and went @$$ up! But apart from that, once i learnt to ride it, i loved it...

HAHAHA you girls are hilarious. I had an upbringing like Gill...we had parents who told us to go outside and play all the time, so we grew up making tracks with our bikes at the local park!. Then we moved to Hong Kong and we were thought to be weird because we didnt have a video game console!. Cant really remember a fav toy....think I was deprived? lol

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your well wishes. Elly's op went well, but watching her come out of GA was just horrible. Elly has cried more coming out of GA than she has in her whole life. I really felt helpless. Elly is getting better everyday and she is getting use to her hot pink cast. I am already going crazy staying at home, Elly and i are going to find a way to get out of the house!! She has to stay in the cast for 3mths.

Today has been a very emotional day for me, i havent been able to stop myself from crying. I know that there are heaps of positives in this situation and alot of kids have alot worse but there have been other issues on top of this. Yes we sold our house and it was meant to go unconditional on Frid, but the people came back saying that their finance was not approved. Now this maybe ok, but we had just bought (subject to ours going through) a beautiful block of land in Coomera Waters for a great price, where it is flat and leafy and just beautiful. I can walk Elly and the dogs at anytime of the day and not have to almost die getting up any hills to get home as i do here. I really feel safe out there and know that we could go bike riding with Elly on the back and Elly could play in the street no worries. I feel so guilty about not taking my two Rottwiellers for walks, but it would mean doing it in the dark (around Nerang, I DONT THINK SO!) before or after DH gets home from work.

Thanks for listening to me rant and rave...Im sure everyone else has their own problems, and please feel free to express them as well as we are all here for one another.

No need to respond, it is just good to express through writing.

Cheers

Mel - so glad to hear the op went well. It must have been so hard for you I nearly cried today when Jeremy had his immunisations. It's so awful seeing them upset or in pain.

Sorry to hear about the house situation. I hope something is worked out for you.

Take it easy (well, as easy as you can).

awww Mel, doesnt all the s*** always hit the fan at the time. Gawd girl, u are so brave and strong and amazing to be doing what u r with Elly, i would be a blubbering mess. Make sure you are getting lots of hugs and loooking after urself. How is Elly now? is she settling into the cast ok? I've been thinking of you heaps and hoping u r coping. I totally understand wanting a better home to make life easier on urself.
    xoox
    Last edited by Edensmumma; May 19th, 2007 at 08:35 PM.

Mel - I know we've already talked but I so feel your pain. I feel sad knowing that you're going through the same thing we did and wish there was more I could do, but believe me, it gets easier a lot quicker than you realise. In our experience, the first part that you've just been through, was the hardest of the whole 12mths Hailey had treatment (3mths plaster, 9mths brace). When they get the plaster changed again, you feel much more prepared seeing your bub coming out of GA, although still a very emotional thing to have to watch; poor little vegemites are so confused when they come to....wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

It's very unfortunate that you have the added stress of the house situation. Fingers crossed it'll rectify itself soon. The block of land sounds awesome!

Talk to you soon.
    Cheers

Ohhh so much to read when u don't come on for just 1 day!!!

Bernie i'm attemping the first cake today i think, i will a few goes i think hehee
    Gill- i told leon u worked for that dude down the road.....he was like ohhh what a small world. What does he actually do.....besides doing burn outs in that ute? lol

I think i had cabbage patch kids when i was a kid & these other dolls called golden girls. They were kinda like heman & sheera dolls lol.
    I prefered to play outside with spiders tho.......i was a tomboy

Sorry to anyone i missed. Bodhi's screaming on me, while Mya is yelling at me to hold her Dora doll ARGGG!! I hate that doll!

I wont steal Dora and bury her in the garden when i come over???? (evil Gill grins and shrugs to herself)
    He is a painter/ paranoid nose candy man.... he is awful and im so glad i dont have to drive past his house to get to yours... There are so many tradies in your street...
    xoox
    Last edited by Edensmumma; May 21st, 2007 at 01:59 PM.

o thank gawwwwwwwwwwwd we're back..... i was feeling so lost....

morning all, Mel hope that things improve with the house situation. I know hoe bad it is seeing your child wake up from GA.. When Olivia had her surgey she was 18 months and i fainted when i saw her.. so i was put in a wheel chair and taken back to the ward and Mark had to sit with her in post-op.. i felt so bad that i couldnt be there for her. Elly sounds like a real trooper!

hope everyone is well

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast