Thread: brown discharge

Default brown discharge

hi all,

has anyone experienced constant brown discharge?? i did at week 4 (but stopped) then it sort of came on and off and now it is back for the past 2 weeks, nothing heavy..no bleeding or cramping just constant discharge. i'm not sure if i should see someone about it or not...any advice?? or ideas what may cause it (apart from old blood) which i have heard is common.

its becoming annoying now cos it wont stop

thanks in advance for any feedback!

I would definitely go and get it checked out, you are early in your pregnancy and can never be too careful.

yes go get it checked out. if i had any sort of dicoloured discharge u wouldnt be able to get me to the doctors quick enough...

First timer - Sorry to hear about your brown discharge. I believe that it is best to get it checked out more for peace of mind. They may even get you to have an u/s. I too am 9weeks and have been having brown spotting and on occassions some light pink spotting which I have had an u/s for and BT's to check my levels are doing what they are supposed to. Anyway I had more spotting last night and as with my last u/s they had found a sub-chorionic Hemotoma (blood clot) pressing against the sac, which is causing my spotting. I am having another U/S today because of the continued spotting just to be on the safe side and to know for peace of mind how things are progressing.

I honestly believe that it is worth it to have this checked out. Please let us know how you get on. Hugs.

Thanks for your email & well wishes.

I havent had any today and yesterday's was minimal.

I dont want to go to my dr as he is male & i dont feel very comfortable, i feel that he is going to say..."if you see blood then come back"...he has never dealt with pregnant women before, the hospital sent me to him to get blood tests done and he couldnt understand why i needed all these tests done..and with the hospital i dont even know who my ob is yet and my u/sound is not until 14 weeks, so i am confused as to who i call and how i go about getting an ob??..i feel if i call the hospital then i am being a nuisance as they are too busy!!

any suggestions??

Where abouts do you live. Are you able to find a medical centre near you that may have a female Dr. Just to put your mind at ease. With the spotting I have had, there was no need for the Dr's to do an internal. All they need to do is get you to go for an early u/s to see if everything is ok. If you are not comfortable with this Dr, I believe you should try and find another one.

Smile Congrats first timer!!

Hi there and welcome, I too am nine weeks pregga's i also had some light brown spotting after doing some exercise and spoke to my fs nurses about it they said that sometimes it can be due to the implantation bleed coming out. But yours sounds like it is ongoing for awhile now it is a great sign that you don't have any cramping associated with this. I would definetely go and see another doctor who is more comfortable and capable of dealing with pregnant women. Who did you see at your hospital that recommended this doctor and go back and tell them that you want to be referred to someone else and they will have to find someone for you, where abouts do you live? Other members on belly belly may be able to recommend someone in your area. neane

thanks neane,

congratulations to you as well!!

i am from the south/east, dr was not recommended by anyone at hospital, its just our family doctor, and is more than capable with any other problems but does not come across as too confident with this issue (so far).

which hospital are you registered with?

thanks for your advice and good luck!!

I'm In country Victoria I decided to go with my gynae privately because of the long waiting times they have at my closest hospital which is Ballarat, It is a bit more expensive than I expected but worth it. How are you going?

i have been doing well neane, the brown discharge has stopped dramatically - actually completely - which is good.

thanks for asking and hope youre feeling well too!

Hey First Timer

Glad to hear the spotting has stopped I had it for a week solid (wasn't around normal AF time and was at about 9-10 weeks) and it can be a scary time, but here I am almsot 20 weeks and bubs is doing great. As long as it stays as brown blood than it is old blood and not to be stressed about and it is very common in pregnancy. Just feel so happy for you

Good Luck finding an OB, when I first went to the DR at 4 weeks they asked me then if I was planning to go public or private and I said private and which hospital, then the decision was male or female OB, and I chose female and was lucky to get in with mine. There is a huge shortage in SA and I believe NSW, so if youa re thinking of getting your own OB I recommend doing it sooner rather than later.

and wishing you a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy!